Techna Network Relay

Legolover-361

Lev, I have a question -- how can lightning completely disrupt sight? It's awfully bright, but a Toa of Light ought to have resistance to his own element.

Maybe, but -A - It's never stated that they do have resistance to their own element. Toa of air aren't resistant to their own element; toa of iron aren't more resistance to theirs. Meanwhile, toa of fire are. It's based off of their initial trait as a matoran - Ta-Matoran and Ko-Matoran have resistance. Same for matoran of lightning.B - Even if there is resistance, it would probably only be for light bolts and the like. And heck, they might even be more sensitive! Toa of sonics, for instance, are vulnerable to sound attacks, because their hearing is enhanced.Long story short, elemental powers =/= elemental resistance. Still, we're talking about an element that BS01 says allows you to move at light speed, so once you start believing that, it becomes pretty ridiculous.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well, Umbra had the power to move at light speed, so it's not that ridiculous.And also, there were some cases of De-Matoran who weren't vulnerable to sound attacks; Krakua, for instance.It's not explicitly stated anywhere that Toa of Light would have resistance, but I'm pretty sure they would have it.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Umbra had unique abilities - it was stated Takanuva couldn't do what Umbra could. Also, he had light-based abilities, not elemental control over light. Like saying I have elemental powers over fire because I can rub my hands together and make them heat up.And Krakua was vulnerable. However, as those destined to become Toa are always a little bit off in one way or another, he chose to make noise. So Krakua was still vulnerable. That was why Vultraz had the sound making device.It doesn't really make sense they would, based on the presented facts.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

A Toa of Air knows an awful lot about currents due to his element. Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Earth have increased sight in low-light conditions. Toa of Fire are more resistant to heat. Toa of Stone know the secrets of rock. Krakua, while vulnerable to sound, wasn't quite as vulnerable as everyone else, or at least was more used to "loud" noises.Why wouldn't Toa of Light be able to see better in very bright conditions, whether such a trait is inborn or a result of using powers? If they don't have such a trait, how could they create flares, as Takanuva did in Bionicle Legends 11: The Final Battle, that can blind people? Or create flashes that blind people in their immediate area?

A Toa of Air knows an awful lot about currents due to his element. Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Earth have increased sight in low-light conditions. Toa of Fire are more resistant to heat. Toa of Stone know the secrets of rock. Krakua, while vulnerable to sound, wasn't quite as vulnerable as everyone else, or at least was more used to "loud" noises.Why wouldn't Toa of Light be able to see better in very bright conditions, whether such a trait is inborn or a result of using powers? If they don't have such a trait, how could they create flares, as Takanuva did in Bionicle Legends 11: The Final Battle, that can blind people? Or create flashes that blind people in their immediate area?

Because Matoran of Light have the innate ability to alter light to change their color; they can also fire small bolts of light, and have a special ability when in contact with a toa. Toa of light have all of the elemental powers of light that, well, they have, and retain the color altering ability. Perhaps even the special ability, though it's never been confirmed.And how does that even make sense? You're saying just because Takanuva (and, by default, this nameless Toa) could create blinding flashes, he must be resistant them? That's like saying that because you control water, you can breathe it. You can't; that's the reason Gali had a Kaukau.Even if they can see better in bright conditions, that doesn't mean they can see through all levels of brightness. I would hand it to you that yes, a Toa of Light may be able to absorb the light, but as that would technically be creating darkness, it may fall under the elemental power of shadow (still, Vakama absorbed heat to create cold, so it might not). But in this situation it all happened in a matter of seconds, so that couldn't even be used.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Gali cannot breathe in water, yes, but she can swim better and hold her breath longer than other people because of her experience with water. I'm speaking of resistance, not invincibility. So a Toa of Light can still be affected, but he's naturally more resistant to bright light than other people -- not invincible, just more resistant.Take martial arts as an example. A master of martial arts knows how to take a punch, how to throw one, and, what's more, how his body works -- the differences between "good pain" and "bad pain", his limits of flexibility, etc. It's the bonus you receive after you master a skill; becoming a Toa simply gives you the power in one smooth step.

Gali cannot breathe in water, yes, but she can swim better and hold her breath longer than other people because of her experience with water. I'm speaking of resistance, not invincibility. So a Toa of Light can still be affected, but he's naturally more resistant to bright light than other people -- not invincible, just more resistant.Take martial arts as an example. A master of martial arts knows how to take a punch, how to throw one, and, what's more, how his body works -- the differences between "good pain" and "bad pain", his limits of flexibility, etc. It's the bonus you receive after you master a skill; becoming a Toa simply gives you the power in one smooth step.

Yes, but the toa of light wouldn't be resistant to light, but to light attacks. Perhaps even laser based weaponry, but most certainly enemy light powers.And I'm not saying that he would be permanently blinded, either, I'm saying that he can't see through the wall that Tyler somehow put him behind.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I have a severe temptation to post that Skull's bullet hit and killed the Light Toa while you guys are arguing. :P I have a feeling it might bring the might of the staff down upon me, however. :sly:

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

@ Lev: You put the wall up. The Light Toa just traveled around it using the light speed thing.@ Krayzikk: It will, but not until Ta-Wahi is over. Tillian's well-being trumps some random NPC controlled by LL for me.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Since I last saw you post on here...Gust brutally murdered a civilian (Levacius) who was attempting to calm both him and his criminal girlfriend while trying to organize a call for medics to pick up Matrapolix.An army of ADR attacked Technology Tower and killed millions like a couple dozen nameless NPCs, but managed to make a good wreck of the place.Two toa are assaulting the prison, and currently frozen in time while combating a toa of light. Who must have the Vahi. That would explain that.A few guards are fighting a rogue toa of fire.Matrapolix is dead. Apparently he's also a ghost, so he's now possessing Takadox.Gust had his head split open to remove a virus.Gusts head virus is in control of the Police HQ CPU.KNI ruled that making out one out of every four posts is not allowed.That's about all I can think of.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

...Wait, you let Lev get killed? That's new. XDAnd I can't say I'm sad about that rule being implemented. =P

Actually, let isn't so much the word. As for the second, I blame Tyler.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Actually, currently, one guard's fighting said Rogue Toa of Fire, and said Toa of Fire has two robots as henchmen, essentially. =P

Yeah seriously, is everyone dead or something? :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

Actually, currently, one guard's fighting said Rogue Toa of Fire, and said Toa of Fire has two robots as henchmen, essentially. =P

Like I said. Kanohi Vahi.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

...Wait, you let Lev get killed? That's new. XDAnd I can't say I'm sad about that rule being implemented. =P

Actually, let isn't so much the word. As for the second, I blame Tyler.
So... it was forced? Well, I wouldn't be too happy about that.And yeah, I kinda assumed...

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Well, Kairan's unconscious, and I'm not sure about Emma, so... =P

So tomorrow, after I get back from church in the morning, I'm going to kill the Toa of Light. If any of the GM's have a problem with breaking the static so that little story arc can get moving, be my guest. Though you've been my guest for a few days now and I want you out of my house you moochers.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Just one quick question before I respond, Krayzikk, when you say 'critical in the environment', did you mean the floor as well? Or no? =P Just want to ask that to clarify stuff before I continue to respond. =)

@Lev: You know full well why Levacius got killed. Don't try and make me look like the bad guy when the blame resides on you as well. (Though, I admit, killing him, in hindsight, was a bit rash.)@ToD: Don't listen to these guys. The making out thing was Mef's fault, too. :PNow, to the real message.Attention Techna PlayersThis game would be moving a lot faster if the other GMs were anywhere in sight, but, unfortunately, it just seems to be me, and I think I speak for all the Techna staff when I say abandoning you guys in the middle of your plotlines was never our intent.So, with that said, expect the final plot (or, at least, what I assume is the final plot: LL's always had a tendency to remain vague with these sorts of things) to start either tonight or tomorrow. Dov and LL are MIA, and I never see KNI around the Techna topics, so, for the moment, treat me as you would LL until he shows up.Lev, I saw you killed the Toa of Light, and that's fine, because I didn't feel like RPing with him anyway. I will, however, ask that you summarize exactly what your anarchists plan to do, because I'll admit I haven't followed that storyline too closely.Hubert, I don't know exactly what's going on with Arkrak, but I'll ask LL what's going on and then see if I can run that trial for you.Everyone else, thank you for bearing with us. I hope I can finish Techna up the right way and make it worth all our whiles.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

LL was viewing the Relay earlier, and posted on my blog as well, overnight I assume. So, well, he's not entirely MIA. =P But, RPG wise, I agree there.But I'd definitely treat all RPG staff here the same way. =)

Oh, BTW dude, I can say that LL is not completely gone. I saw him lurking for like half an hour on the RPG forum today. *shrugs.* I approve of the plan to start the plot, and thus, I present you with the Krayzikk Champion of RPGs Seal of Approval!

fK5oqYf.jpg

I see LL all the time on various chatboxes and IM systems, but when I mention Techna, he sort of...disappears. So eh, what can a guy do.Thanks for the support, guys. Let's hope I screw this up just the right amount. <3-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

@ Tyler Durden; I understand why, as a player - though killing is not the typical punishment. Though I am presenting it, in-game, as it is - murder. By all rights, somebody who performed those actions would be at least tried in the court. Guilty or not is another issue entirely, but that point still stands.Of course, nobody wants to deal with 'a tedious trial scene'.Though we do still have a full month last. So, rushing?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I wouldn't call it rushing: in all honesty, we're a little behind schedule right now according to LL's timeline, and if I didn't start this off now, it would never get done.But yeah, Gust had about half a dozen witnesses, many of whom had no reason at all to lie for him, that saw it was a virus, so really, it wouldn't be a very long trial anyway. Besides, it probably would have been disregarded due to the state of emergency put around Tech Tower.And who ever said it was aliens...? ;D-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Are they from Techna? No? Then they're aliens. :PThough, if he was under the effect of a virus, that could somehow control him, they should have locked him up and had him diagnosed by trained medical professionals, not sent home to make us watch 2 pages of kissing ( :P). Of course I would have shot him. But that's why I'm not in control of any major countries. Or minor ones. That and most 14 year old's don't have control over countries. Not usually.In hindsight, Gust would need to kill Levacius to ensure the virus succeeded. lHe was immune to its effects, having no brain implant, and thus was a threat because he couldn't be controlled. So it does make sense. Helping the villain stop the only thing able to stop it. Puppet. :PThat's three :P emoticons for three paragraphs. Just to show how light hearted I am. Or I'm sticking my tongue out at all of you.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Sure. Shoot one of the half-dozen people who can maybe regulate things on Techna again. That seems smart.Besides, Equinox has a survival mechanism. It would have found its way to another host before Gust died, as demonstrated when Ryjak actually did shoot him. (Thanks, KNI.)And yes, in that respect, they're aliens, but how do you know that whatever the mass is didn't have Spherus Magnan descent...?-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME