Techna Network Relay

Legolover-361

With LegoLovers verdict above I'll concede on that point. I will, however, mention that Gust was a replacement for two individuals ahead of him, and is techncially less powerful than Fulok and the late Forcyte.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Needless to say your roleplaying determines your actual skill, as LegoLover so kindly pointed out with the phrase -

[...] your character's actions will determine his relative skill, not the profile.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Hey guys. I'm still here.Additionally, if it means anything, Matra had near-Pakari strength and near-Kakama speed. That's the top implants, only available to Techna, so yes, I think they are better than regular PCs as far as skills and equipment.But then again, he's dead....For now.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

... Oh great, I'm the only one here who's watched DBZ, aren't I. =PEssentially, the guy I'm talking about switched bodies with the protagonist of DBZ. To save an explanation that'd be a long one. =PBut yeah, can't wait to see what happens now. =)

Well, my Rahkshi is still in the tunnel system where Matradox is... so I don't know if I should have him see Takapolis or not, seeing as I don't want to do anything to interfere with the plot. If needed, I can just have him out on the surface with everyone else. I don't want to mess anything up, so I thought it best to ask first.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Considering unleashing a small horde of robots against the fourth best defended building in the city was just a single step in my plan; and assaulting the third (or second) best is just another, you would be right to fear what comes next.Including killing off all of the Techna, which seems only fair....(Though for the record I can think of ten ways off the top of my head to have stopped Gust)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

... Oh great, I'm the only one here who's watched DBZ, aren't I. =PEssentially, the guy I'm talking about switched bodies with the protagonist of DBZ. To save an explanation that'd be a long one. =PBut yeah, can't wait to see what happens now. =)

Don't worry, I understood.Anyway, that was the strangest thing I have ever read.

I can't see how killing all staff characters could possibly be 'fair,' though lately I question your perception of the word in comparison to the one we all share.

Yoou've got one member who's weakened trying to hold in a virus, one who could lose his common sense at any time - and no, raging wouldn't be able to save him, and one who doesn't really know how to use the powers he has and is in a weaker body. So right now Gust is the only one who's any real threat and he can still be disposed of. Factoring in the set-up, your only help would be the NPC guards and any PCs that decide to join in on the action, and in the scenario I have set up numbers would be meaningless.Yes, I believe I can do this. The fact you're questioning your players is a flaw on your part - the players are not supposed to go with the flow and choose 'Techna or Hacker?'. They can. It's recommended for going easy. But I'd rather not just go with the flow when there's a better alternative.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Yes, I believe I can do this. The fact you're questioning your players is a flaw on your part - the players are not supposed to go with the flow and choose 'Techna or Hacker?'. They can. It's recommended for going easy. But I'd rather not just go with the flow when there's a better alternative.

Well there's quite a bit of discussion on whether it's a better alternative, moral or plot wise. And yeah, you can't do this. Yet.... Not that I disagree with you, mind you. The thing is, you're not seeing at all what KNI here's saying. He's saying that the Techna aren't just there for plot reasons. They're our, the GMs', way of kicking you guys away from godmodding and unfair play, which, I might remind you, you occasionally stoop down to. We're completely willing to let the Techna go if and when we get a replacement for them ready. They're more than NPCs. They're game mechanics incarnate.Not that I'm saying that you can't choose your Chaotic Earn At The Expense Of Others path, which I rather enjoy reading and stuff. I don't think any of us will demand you choose only Techna or Hackers. It's just that no, you can't just kill the Toa Techna, renegade or otherwise. Not yet, anyway.And yep, people, I'm still here.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

Yes, I believe I can do this. The fact you're questioning your players is a flaw on your part - the players are not supposed to go with the flow and choose 'Techna or Hacker?'. They can. It's recommended for going easy. But I'd rather not just go with the flow when there's a better alternative.

Well there's quite a bit of discussion on whether it's a better alternative, moral or plot wise. And yeah, you can't do this. Yet.... Not that I disagree with you, mind you. The thing is, you're not seeing at all what KNI here's saying. He's saying that the Techna aren't just there for plot reasons. They're our, the GMs', way of kicking you guys away from godmodding and unfair play, which, I might remind you, you occasionally stoop down to. We're completely willing to let the Techna go if and when we get a replacement for them ready. They're more than NPCs. They're game mechanics incarnate.Not that I'm saying that you can't choose your Chaotic Earn At The Expense Of Others path, which I rather enjoy reading and stuff. I don't think any of us will demand you choose only Techna or Hackers. It's just that no, you can't just kill the Toa Techna, renegade or otherwise. Not yet, anyway.And yep, people, I'm still here.-Dovydas
Well obviously I can't just kill them; otherwise we'd be putting players down right and left if we could. Being PCs, not NPCs, they're unkillable without consent, You need permission from the player to kill somebody off, unless you're the GM punishing somebody (though usually killing isn't the first punishment, and I still stand by my actions)As per your second paragraph, yes, I do understand that. It's better to have characters in-game deal punishment than random accidents, like falling into a sawmill.My statement 'Yes, I believe I can do this' corresponds to my belief that I have a set-up that will either get rid of my characters so I can start something more interesting (or have more time for other things at the very least), or, as I've stated many times, kill off/remove/imprison whateveri the Toa Techna and place my PC in charge of the city itself.(Also I thought we lost you to Skyrim forever.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:Not to make a complaint - wait, I'm always complaining - but the last offense I made, which was undeniably the third based on statements, was -Me

A field of electricity emerged to intercept any fired shots, enough to slag them, as once more, Gust was attacked with total paralysis.

Which stated 'attacked', meaning that Gust could have simply overcome it (being subjected to two attacks already, he would likely be able to resist it); as per making a saving throw versus an attack. But hey, no biggie. GM is always right.

I don't think you understand. Your character isn't supposed to be in charge. That's what the staff are for. To run the game. Now, I'm not saying your character can't have a personal agenda (which isn't what I said the first time, but whatever) I'm saying I don't think LL wants that agenda to rule. He has plans.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

In which case you would be forced to kill Kinksh in order to prevent him from taking charge. And heck, I have plans for that. I have plans for every scenario, including Thuiop and Swuiop dying or being imprisoned.And in the event that the bad guys win, it's not like having control in-game immediately grants you staff powers. I just want to know if it is possible to take control of the entire city, or if there simply isn't enough time in three months.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I don't think that, having seen LL's plans, that there would be enough time to realistically take control the entire city including the SCPU. I mean, you'd be facing both factions who want power. And, you'd be inveriably outgunned.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

I asked if anybody wanted to join, but nobody ever made their characters up except for Krayzikk.As for being outgunned, yes, I do realize that. Plans are set for all possibilities.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

He asked to ally with him. You said no.Also, KNI, what exactly does the watch control pad do?-Teezy

Calls his bike, controls ADRs, calls in reinforcements, contains lots of data files, texts his allies, and lets him into restricted areas.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.