Kal the Guardian

The final Hunter assigned to the team was a Vortixx, who was casually fiddling with a kanoka launched as the beings around him conversed. Only his eyes betrayed any interest in the other beings, as they darted from one point to another, feeding information to his brain. Famously shrewd-minded, the Vortixx race were known for their technology, and this one was no exception. In addition to his launcher, he carried a Nynrah Ghostblaster on one shoulder and a small device in one hand, which was covered in tiny, blinking lights of all different colours, the purpose of which was known only to him. His armour was all in black, save for a crimson stripe that extended down his right side from his ankle to his face, where it thinned and became a spiral tattoo. He made no comment on his new companions or the Matoran's escape, but kept his thought to himself, no doubt wondering how the situation might be turned to his advantage.

ppg2.png

IC: Artorre: Near Camp C:The matoran beginning to come to, Artorre spoke. "Quite unfortunate that you were seen. You chose a good time to escape when it came to me, Tempest, the rahkshi and the shark, exploiting our interest in studying the newcomers. However, your escape would have been flawless if you had waited until the skakdi were distracted with some sort of food." A wry grin appeared on his face.OOC: But I referred to the vortixx as 'she'! DX

OOC: Oops. A lot of that was taken from my description of the steltian I was writing before Emissary ninjaed me. I didn't really check what had been said about the Vortixx. :oIC: Krokk and Mala, Camp C."I heard that" Krokk called over his shoulder. "And you would be distracted too if you got a taste of my cooking!"

ppg2.png

GM IC:Nothing happening when Vertak touched the wall only because Su’un had yet to act, when he did, everyone knew immediately.Everywhere on the island, the ground shook. The rain stopped immediately, leaving many beings on the ground, but happy for a break in the weather. The forest was quiet, and for several seconds, it seemed that nothing else would happen.Then the ground shook again and the ice wall began to crack. The cracks caught and reflected the sun from above the canopy to down below. They formed intricate markings that appeared menacing and feral. The cracks shifted, and the pattern of a smiling face of a Skakdi could be seen repeated over and over again.Then the wall shattered. Thundering to the ground, the ice piled upon the already frozen forest floor, making a noise heard all over the island. Still, the forest remained silent.A shifting could be heard coming from the pile of ice now running across the island. A crackling sound that sounded like broken glass being stepped on repeatedly. Then the ice shards began to move. At first the movement was slow, but it continuously increased until the shards began racing towards a central point.Soon enough, the shards were gone, lost in the thick foliage. If one had both telescopic and x-ray vision, they would see that in the center of where the wall had stood, the ice was beginning to form into two distinct pillars that reached ever higher. When they broke past the canopy, they sent out tendrils of ice to connect both pillars.The tendrils grew in size and ultimately formed a torso before more tendrils shot out to form arms. A spiked, grinning head grew up out of the torso, and a Skakdi’s spine pushed out as well. As the last shard of ice entered the pillars, which now looked more like feet and legs, the giant Skadki looked down at the forest below. The sun shone through him before his body took a more biological form, his normal self as seen in the minds of Thalidon and Shadouk.The ice blue of his armor and spikes of ice that pierced out of his body was a truly breathtaking color, and the sun only emphasized and made the frozen spikes seem all the more deadly. When the last of the details of his body had formed, the Skakdi let out a laugh that couldn’t but helped to be heard by everyone.“COME ONE, COME ALL.IT’S TIME TO HAVE A JOLLY BALL.I’LL HAVE SOME FUN BEFORE IT’S THROUGH,BUT NOT YOU,BECAUSE YOU REMAIN VERY SMALL.IT’S TRUE.I’VE COME FOR YOU.MY MOTTO IS KILL ‘EM ALL.COULDN’T YOU SPARE ME A MINUTE OR TWO?”

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Levacius / Where an Ice Wall used to Be"Now that is what I'm talking about." Levacius said, nodding his head approvingly.OOC: Shadow of the Colossus powers activate!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Vertak, The Ice Wall:"Psh." Vertak chuckled with an air of confidence. "This guy shouldn't be too tough."However, he turned to make sure Jirael was okay first, because this was clearly one of the things she'd been seeing in her dreams."Are you alright?" he asked, his eyes betraying his nervousness for once.-ibrow

IC:Illume:Illume just sort of stood there in awe of the monsterous Skakdi.Noir:Noir grew angry at this monster. His face behind his mask twisted into a scowl and his red eyes showed his anger. He felt powerless in the being's presense. His mask would do no good and his powers were not strong enough to take down something of that size.Kane:Kane saw the beast and in his delusional state it was even more terrifying. He grasped his head in both hands as his hood fell from his head. His sickly yellow eyes opened wide.And then he unleashed a power scream so loud it the shook the trees around him. It was a shrill cry of pure terror.OOC: Are Kaita allowed? Because it would be awesome to fuse my characters for the final boss fight.

IC: Levacius & Thalidon / Skakdi Fight"I never implied he would be." replied Levacius with a grin, charging up his energy. He hadn't prepared himself in the past for too powerful of a burst, but he could gather roughly one eighth of his elemental energy right here and now. The entire area glowed and hummed loudly; bolts of electricity came from on high.And then he went flying as a power scream echoed across the area, but not one from Kane. Thalidon stood there, bow in one hand, and while aiming the other at Kelenorahk and releasing a powerful blast of the frigid cold that had been granted by the Skakdi. It had taken the better part of the hour, with this group trekking the ice wall, for him to finally find the Rhak again - for its companions did not move as stealthily, and he easily tracked it down.From the jungle, a large Rahi he had previously encountered and managed to charm lunged forward at Vertak, who he had detected being close to the ice wall when all Karzahni broke lose. As he couldn't see it, he wasn't sure what it was. But it was big. And nasty. And hungry.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: Are Kaita allowed? Because it would be awesome to fuse my characters for the final boss fight.

:lol: :evilgrin: If they are, I am soo fusing Krokk and Mala with the big guy. IC: Manuka, where the ice wall formerly was.Manuka craned his neck to see the giant Skakdi's head, way up in the clouds. Its teeth alone could have dwarfed him. His desire to research it was crushed a second later when it spoke its rhyme of death, and then again when his group was attacked by Thalidon. He whirled around to face the blind being and drew his axe. On his shoulder, his rifle was primed to fire.

ppg2.png

IC: Camp CTyrana seethed in rage as she picked herself up. The former officer was lucky to not have been flattened by the Zyglak before her. Her fiery eyes searched around, looking for the source of that great voice. It seemed to come from above...Xyl'kath'ra was one of the few who hadn't fallen -- completely, at least. His taloned feet were dug into the ground and his spiked knees were on the ground. Most of his weapons were still on his person, though one had thudded to the ground, resulting in the portion it had touched to be instantly destroyed by the Zyglak knife. Now he rose, cursing in his native language at that force that had forced him down. Both were almost unconcerned with the change in weather, but preparing for what was coming next. IC: ForestA certain pale green and brown mottled Toa got to his feet, using his staff to stand. Hios' stroll through the jungle after searching the village was interrupted by the rumbling. He stayed calm, not wanting to panic and make things worse.Head whirling in different directions, the Toa of Plant Life attemped to find the source of that sound. He even made a cautious and careful sprint towards where he believed the sound to be emanating from.

IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp CAt the sound of splintering ice, Mala looked to the south, where the Forfeiters had gone. Whatever had happened, she guessed they had run into trouble. She activated her X-ray telescopic vision and looked towards the source of the noice, and watched as thousands of pieces of ice wove themselves together to form the shape of her own species, and then announce the imminent death of everyone else.This sort of speech wasn't new to either Skakdi - it was commonplace on Zakaz for one warlord to announce their superiority over another, but this one seemed to have power to back it up. She pointed to the others, just as the giant became visable over the canopy, its head and spine glittering deadliness for all to see.

ppg2.png

IC - Laorus - Jungle: Laorus had moved back and covered her face as the ice wall shattered. Now she looked upon the giant Skakdi with apprehension. Granted, she wasn't entirely sure just what was going on, but one thing was for certain: This thing couldn't be good.The Siorun decided to wait before attack. For the moment, she put her hands into read positions, one holding her halberd and the other crackling with red electricity. She had been analyzing the mask for the past while; at this point, she had an idea of what power it would grant her when she wanted to use it--which wouldn't be much longer. All she had to do was wait for the first move...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Jirael / With Vertak, Garett, Levacius, Kelenorahk, Alan, Noir, and now Thalidon/ IC:Jirael’s eyes had a hard time focusing as she picked herself up off the ground. “Wha?” she asked, not that she could have seen the monster Skakdi anyway, the canopy was too thick, and he wasn’t near them. He was in the middle of the island while they were located more to the east and the Matoran Village.And then Thalidon attacked. She blinked her eyes and covered her ears, trying to make sense of what was suddenly going on. Where had the wall gone? Why was everyone so tense? Were they being attacked?Her last question was answered as she felt arms grip around her. She started to struggle, but then heard Garett tell Vertak, “I’ve got her.” Then she felt her stomach flip as she teleported with the Rahkshi. Wherever they had went, it was no longer covered by ice.Sirel / Former Ice Wall / IC:Sirel stared up, her mouth agape. Before her stood the leg of one very large being. Looking up, she saw the lower torso of what appeared to be a very large Skakdi, the rest of the body was above the canopy. And that was quite impressive, considering the trees were hundreds of bio tall, half of that being just the thick cluster of branches that made up the canopy. That was what held back the rain so that it did not sting.The lower branches, while numerous, were nothing compared to the mesh of green that was above them. Sirel only had a view because the former ice wall had cut a path upwards. And now that it was gone, it left a gap for her to see the being of ice.She started to turn towards her Forfeiters when, in a flash of dark brown, green and white, the world around her spun. The Toa of ice went flying. Something struck her in mid air and she was knocked unconscious.GM IC:“OH MY. THIS WILL NOT DO.YOU CAN’T SEE ME, CAN YOU?NO, I DIDN’T THINK SO.HERE, LET ME HELP YOU.”The giant monstrosity laughed and raised his arms. All along where the ice wall had been, a beam of ice appeared. This beam floated up until it was level with the tops of the trees. Then the Skakdi pushed his arms forward. The beam of ice rushed forward.Once again, the whole island would be able to hear what was happening. The beam surged forward at the right height to begin knocking over trees with its force. With many groans and loud snaps, the forest began to fall. Every single tree was snapped or bent as the beam continued its way north. Many Rahi died instantly as the trees fell atop them. Even the smallest of trees was instant death to a Rhak if it happened to fall on one. And still the beam continued.The forest was in an uproar and it sounded as if the trees themselves were groaning and crying out in anguish. Then the beam of ice lost momentum and came to a stop, flying back to be absorbed by the Skakdi. He panted, apparently the attack had taken more out of him than he would have thought.The beam had stopped before its destruction had reached Camp C or the Des-Matoran Village, but otherwise those who climbed out from under and stood on top of the fallen forest could now clearly see the giant Skakdi, his grin and teeth gleaming in the sun.Waiting a few minutes for beings to regain their composure and get to a point where they could see him, he finally challenged, “WELL, YOU FREED ME. YOU READY TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES?”

IC - Laorus - Near the Skakdi: As the trees fell all around her, Laorus was finally given an opportunity to test her new ability. Planting her feet firmly on the ground, she glared down the cascading trees. Then she snapped her fingers. A thin spiderweb of criss-crossing energy shot forward from her fingers, easily noticeable in the shadow of the trees. Everywhere the line went, a sharp explosion of energy erupted, blasting apart trees and clearing a hole for her, through which the Siorun jumped.As she began to fall, she summoned Doro, climbing onto the Rahi's back. He landed with a loud thud on the ground, crushing more trees underneath him. Laorus did not immediately follow. In midair, she took aim and snapped her fingers again. This time, the line of energy shot straight toward the Skakdi's chest and climbed up to his face.Laorus landed on Doro just as the explosions erupted. Righting herself on Doro's back, she kicked his sides, prompting the boar to begin strafing to the left as she analyzed the disoriented being.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

GM IC:The Skakdi didn’t react as part of his chest and his face melted away. Instead he growled and with his one usable eye he saw a glint of armor. So far, it was the only thing that could have attacked him. Raising his hand, he motioned at the spec of armor.His arm suddenly elongated and rushed forwards, ready to crush Laorus under tons of ice. While it did that, his face and chest slowly reformed to their earlier status. He was so tall and large that those within the downed trees could hear his steady breathing. Considering that they were in an older part of the forest coupled with the destruction he had just caused, the Rhaks and Jirael were bound to be absolutely furious. He was actually surprised anyone had survived his first attack.Svirahk was able to use slow to easily avoid the trees, saving those he had brought to the wall. As each tree fell, his anger grew. The one their father had imprisoned was going to pay dearly.Panterahk had rushed forward past where the ice wall had been, ensuring his safety. He didn’t have the powers to actually help save the others, although Laorus seemed to be doing fine. His anger was more refined than Svirahk’s, but it was no less fierce in intensity.He started to run. Only his hunger could help in this fight, and for that to work he needed to be closer.Jirael / With Garett / IC:Jirael screamed, feeling the mass murder around her. The trees were dying! She struggled in Garett’s grip, even as he teleported again and again to avoid the falling and twisting trees.Janx / With Laorus and Kahlynn / IC:Not only had the trees fallen, but they had been pushed forward as they had fallen. As such, Janx was struck by a large branch and propelled backwards through the air. He twisted and tried to get his bearings, but another tree branch struck him in the side and sent him crashing to the ground where he luckily became pinned.It was lucky because he had not been crushed by the trunk of a tree, merely pinned by a branch. A few bio over, and he would have been killed. Nevertheless, he struggled to remain conscious.

GMKelenorahk/Matoran Village, Securing the GauntletsIC:

The group surrounding Kelenorahk were safe. She had put forth her control over the trees, and though she could not stop their death, she used their final moments to crush Thalidon. Oh, he had that power scream and ice on his side. But it would still hurt.After this action, she stood still. If it weren't for her slow, steady breathing - pointedly different from the skakdi's own - the others might have thought her dead for no reason. But she wasn't. She was putting her thoughts in order.Unfortunately, that didn't work. Instead, her throat erupted into a guttural scream of rage, which echoed through the forest both living and dead. She released the smothering of her anger, and it exploded outwards, taking power over all it touched. They would share her utter hatred for the skakdi. They would want to kill it, torture it, blast it to the pieces of ice it should have been.What did she do from there? The answer likely wasn't hard to comprehend. Kelenorahk unleashed her anger into a blast of her energy. A few of the trees in front of the skakdi and lifted themselves from the ground. Those behind the skakdi erupted into life along with the regrown trees, growing into a massive, dense trunk that aimed to wrap around his body, limbs, and neck and utterly crush them. It pulsed with the energy of the Rhak, intending to stay alive despite the freezing cold. Hardy plants, naturally resistant to ice, intertwined with the trunks, aiming to drive themselves into the ice and shatter it.Panting, Kelenorahk knelt on the earth. If the gathered beings were to pay attention, they would see her do something that she had never done. She sobbed, filled with despair, rage, agony, and emotions indescribable by words.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Artorre: Camp C:Artorre almost fell on top of the poor matoran next to him when the shaking started. Instead, he grabbed onto a tree next to him and braced himself for anything else that might happen. It was calm for a few seconds, so he let go, only to be hit with it again, this time falling flat onto his face. He got up and spit out a mouthful of mud for the second time today. He froze (OOC: DX) for the remainder of the curious event which was taking place to the south.Shocked and quite frightened, Artorre started climbing a tree to see what had happened. He noticed it was no longer raining, a very nice change from the torrential downpour that had been occurring for who-knows-how-long.

IC: Thalidon / JungleThalidon released a blast of ice around him, spreading outwards. The powers were not easily controlled, as he had no experience before this, and the ice spread too thin to block out the oncoming attack entirely. One attack made it all the way through with no hindrance, and knocked him flying away.He pulled himself up quickly, then fired an arrow at Rhak. For some reason, now all he felt was a bitter anger towards Kelenorahk, rather the challenge of a hunt. He wanted the beasts head!IC: Levacius / Before the SkakdiThe toa of lightning dashed and weaved as the trees fell. A lose branch from one of the smaller ones crushed down on him, pinning him down - but, luckily, not crushing him.Levacius pulled himself out, and stared up into the massive Skakdi above him. He had been tossed into much closer proximity to the being, and found that the sheer cold emitted was... well, pretty cold.How was that a surprise? Whatever. With Thalidon occupied, he channeled forth the electricity he had begun gathering before, and released it, sending a blinding beam of barely controlled electricity at the Skakdi.Somewhere, anyways. He had never needed to release that much at once, and was tossed aside by the release of his own energies, which resulted in him skewing the beam off to the side. It didn't help that some surge of anger was forcing its way through him, forcing him to release the beam before he had a clear aim. The blast went flying past the giants head, hurtling onwards to the dome above."Karzahni! Well, maybe that got his attention..."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Kahlynn whirled and flipped as the island came crashing down around him. Fortunately he would most likely no longer have anything to worry about his claustrophobia, but it was still a terrifying sight to not only see a giant member of his own species, but to see him flatten an island's worth of forests, that was a new one. It seemed it was the day of odd occurrences.Nearby, Janx was pinned to the ground by a tree branch. Blasting a falling tree with his Zamor launcher, causing it to split apart and fall away from him, Kahlynn sprinted to Janx's position. He wasn't one to make friends, but the more allies he had to help defeat this... Thing, the better.He tore the branch away from the Rahkshi's arm, and helped him to his feet.

GM IC:The Skakdi barley glanced down at the trees entrapping him. Although that glance did allow Levacius’s attack to strike, causing his face to crack. He didn’t move except for his arm going after Laorus, and then his face shattered and large chunks of ice fell to the ground, causing large imprints in the earth below.Then the pieces of ice were absorbed back into the Skakdi’s body and his head began to re-grow. As it did, his whole body shifted. The ice of his body went through the cracks in the entrapping trees and reformed on the other side. An axe formed itself in his right hand and he swung at the base of the large “hollow” tree trunk Kelenorahk had formed to stop him.His movements seemed slow, and for good cause. His body was so large that it practically took a minute to do anything.Pluunar, now awake, didn’t struggle. “What’s going on?” he asked, fear filling his voice.Svirahk growled, his whole body shuddering. His fear didn’t seem to affect the large Skakdi, and he had offensive power. He hated it when he was helpless. A flash of images filled his mind of another Rhak more powerful than himself. Svirahk roared at the Skakdi but remained where he was.Janx / With Kahlynn / IC:Janx coughed, unable to thank Kahlynn as he tried to catch his breath. His whole body felt bruised, and considering he only had a skeleton and a kraata to bruise, that doubled the pain.

IC: Artorre: Camp C:Artorre stopped at the top of the tree. He closed his eyes, rubbed them vigorously with the back of his hand, then reopened them."Well now. You won't believe this, but there is a giant skakdi made of ice a ways south of here. Oh Karzahni, it's huge."

IC: Manuka, where the ice wall formerly was.Manuka evaded the falling trunks with the power of his rhotuka, pushing aside any that were falling his way. When the trees stopped falling and with that danger averted, he turned to the blind archer who had attacked his group and fired off a last from his Xian energy extraction rifle.IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp C."The teleportation scrambler will have to wait" Krokk decided. "I've seen enough big Skakdi on the rampage to know when it demands attention. We should make our move now, before he tries to level this part of the forest."

ppg2.png

OOC: Okay I'm guessing a Toa Kaita is allowed.IC:The attack that destroyed part of the forest would not hit these three Toa as they were all close enough to the ice wall to avoid it.Kane:Kane stood right near where the ice was and he was going to run away when he received a vision. Whether or not it was from his mask really does not matter.He saw himself and two other Toa and then he saw a giant warrior. Then the vision ended and his schizophrenia seemed temporarily lifted.The sound elemental knew enough legends to tell the warrior he saw was a Kaita. And now he had to find the other two Toa. Maybe this would work.Illume:He had only been a Toa for a short time and he knew not what to do. He ran up to the ice walls former location and looked around.Noir:He now could see the monstrous Skakdi clearly but he was frightened and angry. He could not tell what to do.He ran away from the Skakdi in hopes of findings others. He hoped they would know what to do.

IC: Vertak, Massive Battle:Vertak swung his sword in an arc once he was able to re-gain his bearings, surrounding the group in a massive cloud of shadow that only Vertak could se trhough -unless the Rhak had powers he didn't know about or there were beings with control over light or shadow nearby.He used the cloud to begin his exit, making his way back towards the general direction of the village while jamming the gauntlets into his armour.Where did Garett go?! He thought furiously, as he moved back into view. There's got to be some way I could contact him without that Skakdi spotting me...The Skakdi- right. Vertak turned to face it, activating his Volitak. He altered his course to begin a trek towards the Skakdi, using his sword's powers to remove his shadow. It was a little disorienting, but nobody would be able to see him as he forced his way to do something. What that something was Vertak didn't yet know; maybe he would cut a toe off or something.-ibrow

IC: Thalidon / Cleared Jungle BattleThalidon shrieked as the bolt of energy hit him, shattering the effects of anger. Blinded by it... how true that was. He could have avoided that!He cocked his head, unleashing a power scream on Manuka before quickly firing another arrow at the Rhak.IC: Levacius / Under SkakdiLevacius shrugged. His attack had hit. Ridiculous.Why was he so angry at the Skakdi?He shrugged those thoughts aside, fending off the Anger power. His body crackled with electricity as he began firing a volley of powerful bolts at his enemy, but saw little effect. Moving back, he narrowed in his eyes and focused clearly on his mask power, amplifying his sight even further. Perhaps he could spot a vulnerable point.. or something.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Manuka, where the ice wall formerly was.Manuka gave a satisfied smile as the bolt from his weapon hit Thaildon, draining part of his energy. The weapon glowed golden with the strength it had absorbed, but before the Vortixx could attack with it, he was knocked to the ground by a power scream. When he rolled back up into a crouch, he couold no longer hear the sounds of the battle going on around him. Grabbing the trigger of the still-glowing weapon, he pointed it back a Thalidon and sent a wave of kinetic force towards the being. Let's see how he handles his own power being used against him.

ppg2.png

IC: Camp C"Then let's stop him," Tyrana hissed to the group. She didn't much favor the idea of getting killed on this island. If this Skakdi was going to ruin her chances of true freedom, then he was about to regret it. That is, if all the assembled were enough to help end it. IC: ForestHios continued his careful dash through the jungle, still following the Skakdi's great voice. The attack, however, had sent him to his knees as he felt the deaths of so much plant life. He could hear their screams as the ice beam tore them from the ground.When it finally died down, the Toa pushed himself up and headed south.

IC:Illume, Noir and Kane:As Noir ran he saw another Toa but a bit too late and nearly ran into him."Hey watch it!" exclaimed Illume."Sorry..." said Noir in a tired tone.Not too far away Kane happened to see the other two Toa and he quickly recognized them from his vision. He sprinted over and hastily said, "We have to do something. Before the giant devastates the rest of the island.""Agreed." said Illume as Noir remained quiet.After some fast talking and some cleverly placed words Kane had convinced the other two that forming a Kaita would be a good idea. The only problem is none of them knew how to do such a thing.They all faced eachother in a circle and tried focusing on eachother and the virtue of unity hoping that would work...

OOC: I'm not sure that doing this is wise, but what the heck. Mala's always been a bit power-hungry.IC Krokk and Mala, Camp C"Stop him?" asked Mala, surprised by the assertion. "No way! I want to join him! With that sort of power almost anything would be possible. Think of the of might to level islands!"During Mala's impassioned speech, Krokk was having some doubt about this. Skakdi normally attacked on sight of any others not of their tribe, and he had no reason to expect any different of the frozen giant. Mala, however, was thinking that having been trapped as an ice wall for the last few thousand years, his knowledge of Zakazian politics would be a bit out of date, and some telepathic fast-talking would do the trick."Let's go!" she echoed, and started out towards the mass of fallen trees where the battle was taking place.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: Thalidon / ClearingThalidon stood fast as the energy came towards him. Picturing the wall of ice, he created a small barrier directly in front of him. It shattered into pieces the moment the force struck, but managed to neutralize the force.Turning his full attention to Manuka, he covered the ground under the Vortixx's feet in a thin sheet of ice. Though his goal was to create a sleek surface, he didn't succeed in anything other than jagged shards on the covering. It was enough to satisfy him, however, and he released a power scream at Manuka and the ground below, which exploded upwards in a shower of ice, dead plants, and the ground below.If he had known better, he would have focused on the Toa Kaita forming, to aid the Skakdi. But seeing is useful sometimes...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC - Laorus - Fighting the Skakdi: Laorus turned in her seat and snapped her fingers again. The red energy shot forward and struck the Skakdi's arm, climbing along its forearm and up to its shoulder before releasing the explosive energy from the mask. Turning around again without checking her damage, Laorus urged Doro forward. The boar continued to plow forward, quickly picking up speed as she fled from the Skakdi."Someone else do something," she growled, knowing that she wouldn't be able to call out to anyone specific. "Now!" Her eyes widened as she remembered the mask. "Golden mask spirit thing! If you're still there, say something!"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Krokk and Mala, heading south from Camp CMala brushed the toa off and continued walking, almost breaking into a jog. "Of course I'm sure. What, you want to get in that guy's way? Have fun getting crushed".IC: Manuka, same place as before.Manuka leapt upwards to avoid the jagged edges of the ice, but the power scream caught him off guard, and he was pushed backwards into a tree and caught in a hail of tiny ice crystals. A few of the larger ones cut into his feet and lower legs. This being clearly had more power than he did, so he needed to be smart about this. Moving to his left, out of the pulverised ice and earth and took another shot with his energy extraction rifle while moving closer to the being and preparing to engage him with his axe.

ppg2.png

GM IC:Pluunar was not going to have anything to do with that Skakdi, not while Sirel was…Sirel..Pluunar, grateful for being unrestrained once again, ran. He ran towards the giant Skakdi. Towards Sirel.Levacius’s revealing sight would find no vulnerable spots, at least not any that were blatantly obvious or otherwise.Yrllin spoke to Laorus right as the Skakdi’s elongated arm rammed into the ground, sending out hundreds of almost invisible needles of ice in all directions along with causing the ground to shake another time.I’m not quite sure what I can do. After all, I am just a mask. Although, I… Well.’Yrllin seemed nervous, ‘This guy doesn’t bode well. I think I already killed him.’As the explosive energy ripped up along the Skakdi’s arm, he drew it back, laughing once again. He glanced downwards and his laugh mellowed into an evil chuckle as he raised his left leg and brought it down. As it neared the ground it seemed to slow, as if some force were opposing the limb.Panterahk cursed his luck. The Skakdi was not affected by Hunger, and the only thing keeping him alive right now was Svirahk’s power. He scampered to his feet and raced as fast as he could in the opposite direction. For being the protectors of the island, they were helpless before this monster.Svirahk shook, exerting the energy needed to slow the enormous leg. As soon as his brother was clear, he released his power, feeling light headed. He dropped to the ground, but remained conscious.Janx / With Kahlynn / IC:As the fist struck the ground, Janx was glad he was shielded by a tree; otherwise those ice needles would have stung. He felt so helpless, there weren’t even any Rahi around for him to control. Most were dead or dying, a result of leveling part of a forest.Garett / Formerly the Ice Wall / IC:Garett was constantly vigilant, watching the Skakdi and teleporting when needed. He needed to protect Jirael and yet help defeat this evil before them at the same time. His blue armor was easy to spot in the sun. Strange that now the rain was gone and yet he didn’t feel any better about this island.Sirel / Formerly the Ice Wall / IC:Sirel woke up to the sound of explosions. She could barely open her eyes, but she knew she was coughing up blood by the copper taste in her mouth. She moaned, throat gurgling as her own blood pooled down past her tongue. Rolling over, she threw up. Weary eyed, she noticed more blood than she knew was safe for the injured.Her arms shook as she pushed herself partly up. She screamed as the face of a Vortixx stared at her, the eyes dead and lifeless. Sirel slumped back to the ground and began to cry. Something shifted and fell and suddenly her legs were pinned, and she now cried out in pain and the world before her went black.When she came around a few seconds later, she could no longer feel her legs. Her fear and helplessness gave way to rage and anger as she lay there, her tears drying as she stared at the grass her face was pushed up against. She would kill this Skakdi, even if he was 100 times larger than her. And she knew how.Before, she couldn’t manipulate the ice, and she still couldn’t. But one thing had changed. Now she could absorb the ice.Reaching out with her mind, the leader of the Forfeiters began to siphon elemental energy even as she lay helpless, pinned underneath numerous trees.

IC: Levacius / Under SkakdiLevacius began pooling elemental energy again, lightning himself up like a Naming Day tree."Skakdi!" he shouted. His voice, used in so many past battles, was strong enough to be heard, even over the sounds of battle and hum of electricity (save for when sonics got involved). "You will rue the day you faced the Griffon in combat!""Wait... I wasn't supposed to say that..."IC: Thalidon / Fighting ManukaThalidon had felt the drain before. As he felt the being stand and aim their weapon, he hissed and quickly moved to the side, letting the bolt hurtle past him before taking aim with his bow and releasing a devastating bolt of energy.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

GM IC:The Skakdi immediately looked towards Levacius and growled, causing the air to hum; the Toa would be able to actually feel the vibrations in the air. He scowled and said, “BOO”Great tendrils of ice burst out of his chest and reached forwards towards the pompous Toa, crackling and causing the air around them to sink in temperature.

OOC: I might as well jump back into this while it's still in the RPG forum.IC (forest, below ice Skakdi monstrosity):Ena literally had no idea what had just happened."Su'un!" she cried as the Skakdi began its attack. "What did you do?" She grimaced. "Besides which, my poetry is eons beyond his. Oi."An ice fist grew suddenly, slamming into the ground somewhere in the forest."C'mon" -- Ena was running under cover of the trees, toward the monstrosity as Su'un would realize in shock -- "I'm getting tired of his voice!"

IC: Levacius / Under Skakdi"Boom." Levacius said, releasing the energy as a burst rather than a beam; a massive cone that spread out and went colliding with the tentacles. Needless to say, he went flying again.As he slammed into the hard ground, he muttered, "Note to self - learn to control massive expenditures of elemental energy."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: