Kal the Guardian

Janx / With Laorus / IC:“Oh,” Janx said, “So does the mask have a power, then?”

IC - Laorus - With Janx: Laorus patted Doro before shrugging. "Let's find out." She called Doro back into her crest, fixing it securely to her armor before moving into the center of the clearing. She wasn't sure if this would work or not, considering she had never used a Kanohi before, but just to be safe..."Stand back." She began to concentrate on the mask, closing her eyes.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC (clearing, somewhere in the forest between Camp B and Camp A):Ena examined the armor in Su'un's hands. It was a brilliant green, shining even in the dim light of the forest. "What is it for?" she asked -- or, rather, whispered so that even Su'un had to strain to hear her voice.OOC: Whoops. Edited in response to Emissary's post. This is my punishment for skimming through posts so quickly... :lol:

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: Uh, Legolover, Su'un already grabbed the armour a couple posts ago.IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Camp CRayhoun's hand instinctively reached down to his sword when he saw the hunters surround them. He breathed in, trying to keep his worry from showing. Instead, he let go of the hilt, and look back at the Steltian."Well, I and the Eye would like your assistance. You see, we're interested in, or rather, we will destroy or dismantle the teleportation scramblers around this island, thus gaining instant access to the island. But to do so, we need your aid. Your group's battle skills and military tactics, the Eye would be even more powerful."-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Artorre: Camp C (I think, I've lost track)Artorre nearly fell to the ground. His ears were ringing and his head was pounding. He had no idea his mental attacks were so strong.He looked around and almost fell again. They were surrounded.

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Garett / Matoran Village / IC:“South,” Garett said, grabbing Manuka’s wrist and teleporting them back inside of the large building with Vertak, Jirael, Levacius, and Noir inside. “Ok,” he said to Levacius, “Number five.”And then Kelenorahk burst through the, thankfully, double wide doors, landing atop of Vertak and screaming nonsense at him. Garett did what came natural to him, he threw out his hand, touched the Rhak, and teleported them both up. Thankfully, for both, the shield tree was there to support them both.Garett was going to teleport right back, but realized what Levacius had been saying. This Rhak hadn’t actually killed Vertak, just knocked him down. So, he sat there in silence, waiting for the Rhak to make a move.Janx / With Laorus / IC:Janx took more than just a few steps back. Hopefully the mask power wasn’t explosive.GM IC:The first thing that Laorus would notice was the mask had no apparent powers. In fact, nothing felt different. Perhaps the mask had been on unconsciously the whole time. In that case, what was different, what was the mask’s ability.The second thing Laorus would notice was the voice suddenly screaming mentally for all around to hear. ‘AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHHHH!!!! AAAAUUUU- Oh. Um, it worked! I’m alive!’A pause.‘Sort of… Now I’m a mask, but still, that’s better than being dead. Why.. did I die anyway? Great now I can’t even remember that.‘OH. Hey there, being I’m attached to. The name is Yrllin. I’m a mask. Well, technically I’m spread across several pieces of armor and a weapon and as such I don’t have all my memories nor knowledge; nor power, but you know how things go.‘So, how are you doing?’A pause.‘Oh, by the way, you can just speak out loud for that other guy to hear. I don’t know how to keep my mental voice down, so he can hear me as well.’“Well,” the Steltian said, “You are a new group, so I guess we can let you live. Would our potential aid take away from our hunting?”The Skakdi slapped his forehead, essentially face palming. This guy chose now to be slightly less than completely crazy? The Skadki realized he could just kill Codjok later. After all, no one would miss him.‘Sure,’ he mentally told Codjok, ‘I guess we can share. Just remember that I will need both of them for a short bit, then you can have one. Maybe both if you’re good. Now, just go here.’Mental images flooded Codjok’s crooked mind, showing where he needed to go. ‘The gauntlets will be here, kill everyone you meet. Any more objections?’

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: As Kahlynn dew close, a voice appeared in his mind, evidently talking to someone else. It wasn't talking like the Rhak did, so it must have been Yrllin. He began to run, until he came to Janx, whom he recognised, and another, who had her eyes closed and was wearing an unfamiliar mask. It had to be Laorus. Going out on a limb, he asked, "Janx, is that Laorus by any chance?" he asked, not wanting to disrupt her conversation with the mask.

Janx / With Laorus and Kahlynn / IC: Janx spotted the familiar face of Kahlynn and nodded a yes to his question. The so far one sided conversation with the mask was proving to be quite peculiar.

IC:Illume:He was finally there. He saw two beings and some green shoulder armor."Hello" He called out. "I was told to bring you anf that shoulder armor to a wall so it can be brought down. If you are not too busy would you mind helping?"OOC: That would be Ena and Su'un.Noir:It all happened so fast he had no time to react. Garett returned. A beast broke into the building. And then they vanished.He just sort of stood there dumbfounded.

GMKelenorahk/Matoran Village, Securing the GauntletsIC:

Garrett would find that the tree branch upon which he stood suddenly wrapped around him, trying to injure him. Not kill, injure. Meanwhile, Kelenorahk dove back down, crashing through the roof and right beside Vertak. The beings gathered would see that both legs clearly snapped from the impact, yet the Rhak stood only moments later and stared at the matoran which she had tackled. Mentally she yelled at him, "Follow me, or I'll tear the gauntlets from your dead body."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Levacius / Matoran VillageLevacius stepped back, inspecting the Rhak. This one wasn't as fast, it seemed - he could get a better look at it. Electricity crackled around him, and he declared, "Claws up, leaf breath, and step away from the shortie."The aura cloaking him was dangerous enough to electrocute something that came to close to him, but he still needed to charge up the attack he was readying...IC: Thalidon / ForestsThalidon began inspecting the area around him, stalking through the forest in search of the Rhak who had dared flee him...IC: Worhdock / Researchers CampHis equipment set up, Worhdock began his research and turned into an NPC, since his player was bored with him.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

From under Levacious came a seemingly withered vine. It glowed with electricity, seemingly impervious to the toa's own. There were some interesting plants in the universe, and Kelenorahk had full knowledge of which ones worked well for certain situations. This one was similar to the Morbuzakh, but created electricity of its own. A rather rare specimen. But the Rhak could sprout it at will. So she did, and it quickly moved to slam Levacious to the ground and hold him there. She then turned back to Vertak, claws flexing.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Garett / Matoran Village / IC:Garett, upon threat from the tree, immediately teleported back to others, only to watch in astonishment as the Rhak broke its legs and then immediately was healed.The Rhak “spoke” and Levacius threatened. Garett simply held out a hand and placed it calmly on the Rhak’s hide, once again.“Now, I see you aren’t killing us and that you have the ability to do so, and you appear intelligent from different accounts, but so help me if you keep harming those around me I will teleport you, and you alone, up into the scrambler field, where your molecules will be so spread out and jumbled that you might cease to exist,” Garett paused, hoping the Rahi wouldn’t realize the bluff. He could no more send her alone up to the teleportation scrambler field than to actually send her into the scrambler field. Such a system blocked any inadvertent deaths caused by beings trying to pass through.“So, just stop your shrubbery and talk with us. We aren’t the bad guys here. Right now it appears that you are.”GM IC:‘Yes, oh, I get it now,’ the mental voice of Yrllin said to everyone in the vicinity, ‘I see how it is. Sure, you will believe a consciousness trapped in say, a sword, for example, and say, “Yes, I’m sure that is entirely plausible”. But when a consciousness is scattered across several pieces of equipment, suddenly the doubt creeps in. You go, “That is just taking it too far. Seriously, who expects us to believe this?”‘Well, let me just tell you that that kind of thinking is what got me into this mess.’Another pause.Well, okay, that might be a blatant lie. What got me into this mess was, well, great. That’s right, I can’t remember. Anyway, would you be so kind as to tell me what in the name of Mata Nui has happened to my home island?’

Kelenorahk simply kicked Garrett in the gut, effectively dislodging his hand. Unless his powers were different he couldn't send her alone, and "noble sacrifice" was unlikely. After all, she wasn't killing. Yet. In all of their minds she hissed ominously, "The only reason you are all alive is that my brother commanded me to abstain from murder. If you keep me from taking the gauntlets to where they belong, I can't say that my natural anger won't take hold. Now, matoran: follow me, give the gauntlets to someone who will follow me, or risk serious personal harm."

Alan/Matoran VillageIC:

"Oh dear, this doesn't look pretty," Alan muttered to himself as he passed through the shield tree. He had a feeling that the process wasn't exactly going peacefully when he saw something fall through a roof and electricity flash.

IC: Levacius / Matoran VillageLevacius' enhanced hearing allowed him to detect the attacking shrubbery before it even burst from the ground. That gave him enough time to redirect the electricity he was channeling from his entire body into a single hand as the vine emerged. With a few quick slashes of the blade, the leafless foliage was left as cut up pieces on the ground.The shield still in effect, though now centered closer and stronger upon himself, Levacius aimed his weapon forward and laughed. "Look, beast, I've been to plenty of places, and seen plenty of talking animals. And you scare me no more than any of them. I assure you, if you don't back away from the Rahkshi, you'll be diced smaller than Stone Rat soup."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC:Noir:This... beast was making Noir angry. And he lacked the inner light of other beings. As in he had none. His face may have looked indifferent behind his mask but his mind was a storm of rage. Only his disconnection from emotions stopped him from acting out.Regardless the shadows were and are an extention of his mind. And so they danced around the room in subtle yet unnatural ways.

IC - Laorus - Same: "For your information, I'm essentially the same as you," Laorus said. "A soul attached to armor. It's not a strange concept to me. What is strange is how much of a chattermouth you seem to be and why you don't seem at all surprised at the fact that you're in a mask despite apparently having slept for however long before now. Explain."She looked at the new arrival and held up her hand. She seemed to be saying, One minute.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

GM IC:‘Well, ok, I have a feeling I need to answer that other guy which I can’t see but apparently can hear? How weird is that? But I’ll address you first, considering I’ll need you to be my eyes and legs.‘Point one.Once again, another pause. This Yrllin seemed to love them.A chatterbox, what would even give you that idea. It’s as of an idea as our Makuta being evil. What I’m saying is that there is no way that is at all or ever will be a thing that is true. Which means I’m not one, so there.‘Now, point two… Oh, I sorta mixed up points, didn’t I? Heh heh, well, let’s re-label point one, point two. So, point one.‘That’s cool, you’re like me! Only, you know, you’re not restricted to being a mask and can actually wear a mask. Lucky. Ok, anyway, point three.‘You see this is kind of a touchy subject. I need more parts of me to remember correctly. I do know I sacrificed myself to save this island, but I know that it never would have been enough, no matter how hard we fought. So, to give hope to our friends, we used a technique that Waraxen had taught us. Ok, so we modified the technique so that when we finally fell in battle, our power and spirit would be trapped in our armor and weapons instead of misused for evil.‘Because, well, I can remember that it was an evil guy we were fighting. Obviously.’“Well, alright then, I guess I can personally accept while our leader is gone. A neutral faction might help in the coming days,” the Steltian said, holding out a hand to sign the deal, “I don’t really have a name, and so people just call me the Nameless One or Nameless. Hopefully we can help each other and I won’t be forced to kill you for betraying us in some way.”Nameless smiled as well, making Rayhoun’s smile seem perfect in comparison.Garett / Matoran Village / IC:Garett could have teleported them at the kick in the gut, or even before, but chose to let events unfold. Landing in a pile on the floor, but no worse for the wear, he slowly got to his feet and brushed himself off, noticing the tenseness of those around him, and at Jirael’s complete surprise at seeing the Rhak.“Now, as much as I loathe Stone Rat soup as the next being, I do feel a bit famished as of late. Threats aside, this brother of yours sounds much more reasonable. As such, I’m going to ask you why we must take the gauntlets there. We will come peaceably with you if you truly don’t have evil intent. Otherwise I’m sure Cievasul, Noir, and Vertak will be happy proving you wrong about your own threats.

IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp C.Mala chose this point to break the illusion that had been hiding her from view, because no self-respecting Skakdi will miss out on a twisted smile contest. "Smooth" she said coldly to Rayhoun. "I guess diplomacy does have its uses". After a couple of seconds, Krokk emerged from his hiding place as well. He did not speak, still shaken from the mental mugging he had recieved. The Rahks and their unnatural fears were gone, but some part of him was still convinced that death and torture were imminent. Small drops of sweat ran down his back and his muscles were tense as kinloka about to stampede.OOC: Which type of Steltian is Nameless? Sidorak's species, Krekka's or Gladiator's?IC: Manuka, Matoran Village."Me too" Manuka added quickly. "I would also be very happy to avoid being eviscerated. Just so long as we both want to take these gauntlets somewhere, we can even work together. There is no need for any of us to be made into any kind of soup". Manuka was desperately trying to be as non-agressive as possible. To him, the Rahk seemed way above his own power level, and probably capable of carrying out any threats it chose to make.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

"You wouldn't stand a chance if I let loose my full power," hissed the Rhak into their brains, "But, I'll hold off a bit longer. Just know that I've already lengthened my fuse multiple times, and the explosion is building. The gauntlets need to be brought south, to a wall of ice, the defeat a powerful evil that threatens to destroy the island. Now, come."

Garett / Matoran Village / IC: “Well, ok then. I agree to come with you.” Garett looked at Vertak, who nodded. Jirael huddled behind him, so obviously she was in, since she probably couldn’t be separated from the Matoran who had awoken her. “Vertak is in as well, along with Jirael. Cievasul, Noir, Manuka?”

IC: Levacius / Matoran Village"Alright." Levacius said, absorbing the electricity he had generated (though a lot of it dispersed). "The chance to defeat a powerful evil? That I can go with. In the name of science."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Vertak, MAtoran Village:Scowling at the Rhak once he'd nodded, Vertak finally decided to speak once again."I don't care how intelligent you are, rahi, but anything that feels the urge to be violent all of the time by my standards is lacking in the brains department. I don't care if they're rahi, Matoran, Skakdi, you name it: they simply don't have the capacity to actually think."Checking to make sure Jirael was okay, he continued."I'll come, but before we get to the ice wall I wish to speak with your brother."Having said his thoughts, Vertak gently began to help Jirael towards the exit.OOC: Just a reminder that I can't guarantee any posts until around the 20th.-ibrow

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Camp CRayhoun nodded, accepting the handshake, "I am known as Tempest. If you need to contact me, we have established a base in the Only Bay Passage, so feel free to pop by."He smiled out of the corner of his mouth to Mala, "You had your doubts?"However, his smile vanished suddenly, "Now then, if you would be so kind as to order your troops to let me and my allies free."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

GM IC:Nameless laughed, “Hunters, they are now friends. You can stop surrounding them now.” The group moved parted, allowing an avenue to leave the camp. To Rayhoun he said, “Well, Tempest, we never had you captive. Although my friends do tend to surround stuff. It’s sort of a bad habit of ours.”

IC: Levacius / Matoran Village"So," Levacius shouted, clapping his hands together. "Let's get moving. You never know when something crazies going to happen - like time locking up and leaving us suspended in the space between seconds. Though that's probably not the case. Still, you never know."Twirling his sword in hand, he looked to the Rhak. He flicked his blade in the direction of Vertak for a moment, as one would use a stick to point at something on a Ga-Metru schools writing board, and said, "I'm with him on that. If we're stuck on your ridiculous excuse for an island, we might as well get to know the natives. Even if they look like they could give a Makuta nightmares."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Jirael / Matoran Village / IC: “Well, anything is better than just sitting her among my sisters,” Jirael said, “Lead us somewhere, Rhak.” The word sounded new in her mouth, like she was tasting it. It was new, actually, she really did have no clue what this Rahi was. Janx / With Laorus and Kahlynn / IC: “Well,” Janx finally said, “Shouldn’t we head towards it then?”