Kal the Guardian

Alan/Matoran VillageIC:

Kelenorahk moved towards the door -Then quickly was bowled over by some blue and white creature. Said creature quickly recovered, standing by the door, with his sword out. Then, seeing that the fight had apparently ended, Alan gave a sheepish grin as he said, "Oh, so she wasn't too impatient? Good, good. Now, Kelenorahk, all you gathered, I assume we are off to the giant wall of ice? I was sent just in case, uh... Well, let's just say her brother was somewhat concered for you health. Now then - Ow!"He recieved a powerful blow across the face from the Rhak's tail, causing him to fly into a nearby wall. Kelenorahk chuckled before walking out the door. A vine offered itself to help Alan up.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Vertak, Matoran Village:Vertak pulled out his sword with his free right hand as he helped Jirael out of the building, watching the wisps of shadow curling around it for a moment in slight admiration and mingled distaste before continuing on. He could feel the gauntlets inside his cloak and had to fight an urge to duel with the Rhak that had threatened to kill him.-ibrow

OOC: OFFICIAL GAME CHANGE: MOVEMENT THROUGH THE FOREST HAS BEEN DOUBLED FOR EVERYONE. This is for convienence sake as well as for story reasons. So everyone traveling can hurry up and get to their destinations.Garett / Matoran Village / IC: Garett, as confused as he was at Alan’s reappearance, took it in stride and simply let event unfold. Apparently there was no reason to be concerned, and they were on their way.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Vertak, Travelling Through the Jungle:Vertak continued to follow the Rhak, checking every so often to make sure that Jirael wasn't falling.These gauntlets must not be the only key. He thought to himself. So at least if those of us with the keys die I can take others with me. Maybe.

GM IC:Ok, so. Do we see it yet?’ Yrllin asked.Janx / With Laorus and Kahlynn / IC:“No,” Janx answered the mask for Laorus. He did catch a glimpse of something that caught a small bit of light though.Jirael / With Vertak, Garett, Levacius, Kelenorahk, Alan, and Noir / IC:“So,” Jirael said, continually grateful for Vertak’s help traversing the terrain, “Is there a specific spot we’re going to?”

IC: Vertak, Travelling Through the Jungle:"Yes." Vertak replied, checking back to see if the others were still following (which they were). "We're travelling to a wall of ice. The jewels I was given should open- or help open- the way through it. And I'm beginning to suspect what might be behind it... not that I really want to know."-ibrow

GMKelenorahk/Matoran Village, Securing the GauntletsIC:

Before long, they group had arrived at their destination. Seemed they were first, too. Then again, Kelenorahk did have a head start upon the others, so the fact that she was fastest made sense. Still, Svirahk was likely around the area by now... She let out a low, resonating call, searching for an answer from another Rhak nearby.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Camp CRayhoun smiled quietly, "Bad choice of words on my part, my apologies. But, while we're here, I suppose I should ask: Is there anything you need...hunted?"The words were pleasant, but there was a certain malice interlaced in the question, as if he was imagining the best way to...hunt...the sentient beings of this island.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:Noir:He had arrived with the others. Looking around he could not recognize the area. And having never been here before this made sense to him.The Rhak's call was creepy and made him feel cold.Kane:He was lost and he was wandering. His mental condition was only getting stronger the longer he was alone. It started with voices that grew in the strength. And then he started seeing people that were not there. Then colors and lights started moving by themselves. He then pulled his hood over his head.

IC: Levacius / Ice WallLevacius looked forward at the ice wall the group had come to. "Doesn't look so tough." he said, confidently, firing off a few bolts of lightning.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Vertak, At the Ice Wall:Vertak rolled his eyes as Levacius fired off what would clearly be futile attacks."You do realize that we need special keys to get past this wall for a reason, right?" he asked irritably. He was having a hard time keeping his "old" personality in check now that they were away from the sleepy calm of the village, and had Jirael not been there would probably have attempted to go and strike out on his own regardless.-ibrow

IC: Levacius / Ice Wall"Well you can't safely claim that lightning doesn't work until you've tried it." Levacius replied, continuing his waste of elemental reserves. Every once in a while, he would twist his arms about and form something fancy out of the electric forms.Not to say he was distracted. He watched the ice wall carefully, and the forest around even closer. The forest seemed to move at the Rhaks whim, unlike the plant life users who had come with the Ismoniacs. He figured that they had control over this island. But this wall was, it seemed, an anomaly to that situation. For whatever reason, the Rhak were powerless against whatever had put it up. Which was why this one had rounded up test subjects, to deal with its problem."Still, I can deal with whatever's behind this wall. Unless it's a great temple squid with illusion powers. Maybe one day I'll meet one of those..."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Kelenorahk threw an annoyed glare at the others. He knew it was futile, they knew it was futile. so why was that toa wasting his elemental reserves before it was time? No matter. He would be the one who died first. "Matoran. Yes, you with the gauntlets. Move closer to the wall. No one else go with him. Also, don't touch the ice with the gauntlets quite yet."

IC:Noir:He facing the strange and unnatural ice wall. He knew three keys were needed to bring it down. But he wanted to try and rip it apart with shadows.Focusing on the darkness in the wall and the surrounding area. He grabbed the ice particles with the shadow energies and tried the rip apart the ice particles. But the wall held strong which made little sense to Noir because of its appearance.So he stopped and allowed the shadows to return to a natural state. Even though he could try for hours because his powers, unlike normal Toa powers, did not run of elemental energies but willpower and imagination.OOC: Why did I send Illume to get an unactive players character?

Vertak, at the Ice Wall:"Can't you get the other keys and drag whoever has them here?" Vertak asked irritably to the Rhak, before turning to the wall. "It's my turn now."Vertak set the tip of his sword gently against the ice, and then began to will the wisps of shadow to work their way into the ice to seperate it, work their way through, as he began to push.-ibrow

GM IC:All attacks or attempts to dismantle the wall of ice were a sad waste of energy, just as Shadouk and the Forfeiters had found out for themselves. The trees closest to the wall were frozen over, with large icicles hanging from them, although they appeared fine underneath. Even the ground was frozen over, not just a sheet of ice, but ice that conformed to the land, following every groove, divot, and blade of grass.Everyone within the freezing range of the almost invisible wall would feel slow and sluggish, even in their minds. The Rhaks as well, though they fared much better.Panterahk came up upon Laorus, Kahlynn, and Janx as they neared the frozen forest that signified where the hard to see wall was. Unfortunately, they were on the other side of the island where those with the other key were, as the Rhak could tell when his sister called. But they didn’t need to be all at the same spot so it didn’t matter.You with the mask, Laorus. Touch the wall when I say, otherwise you should stay away, lest you get frozen over.’After his instruction, Panterahk roared, signifying that his group was in position. Now, they waited for Svirahk.Svirahk, who was at the Le-Matoran Shrine of Rememberance staring at the two Toa who now had possession of the emerald shoulder armor, heard his siblings’ calls and knew he needed to hurry. ‘We need to head south as fast as we can,’ he said to them, probably startling them, since he had otherwise remained silent.Nameless shook his head, “We are fine.”Jirael / With Vertak, Garett, Levacius, Kelenorahk, Alan, and Noir / IC:Jirael rubbed her arms and chattered, “How could this thing have gotten here?”Garett / Ice Wall / IC:“And why do we need keys to unlock it?” Garett asked, feeling the cold even inside his armor. He stared at the wall in thought.Janx / With Laorus, Kahlynn, and Panterahk / IC:Janx was startled at the Rhak’s sudden reappearance, but remained silent. It didn’t seem the Rahi was going to harm them, so he let it be.

Vertak, The Ice Wall:Vertak pulled his sword out of the ice wall, shivering; touching the wall wasn't the smartest thing to do. Turning to the sound of Jirael's voice, he snapped a few veins of ice off of his scabbard as he placed his sword inside, stepping back to her and taking off his cloak."Here, take it." he offered, ignoring the clearly visible tatoo on his shoulder that, were someone special enough to know there (as far as he could tell, only Garrett would seemingly be of enough importance, though at this point the others wouldn't be too much of a stretch) would bring forth extremely awkward-or even bad-questions.-ibrow

OOC: Well, since you asked for it...IC: Manuka, Ice Wall."That's an interesting tatoo you have there" he remaked to the Matoran. "I think I've seen it before somewhere... Ah, yes. On a Dark Hunter a few centuries ago. He came to me on Xia, back when I worked as a weapons designer. He wanted a customised rhotuka launching staff - tall guy, big claws. How interesting that the two of you have the same mark."IC: Mala and Krokk, Camp B."Well, if you're not hunting anything" Mala said to the group of Hunters, "Why don't you come with us and get rid of the teleportation scrambler? If there's one thing I've learned about this island, it's that it protects its secrets well. I'll bet that the closer we get to the scrambler, the more interesting rahi will try to stop us".She hadn't bothered to read Nameless' mind, but she figured that the prospect of "interesting rahi" would be enough to get the hunters to come along. More help was always welcome.

ppg2.png

Vertak, at the Ice Wall:Vertak would have face palmed, but his hands were busy wrapping the cloak around Jirael. Once he was finished, he turned to Manuka."A Dark Hunter let you see his mark that easily?" he questioned. "I mean granted, I didn't exactly hide mine... but these aren't exactly ordinary circumstances. In normal times, if you're able to see a Dark Hunter's mark, they're either amongst the best the organization has to offer or they're brand new and about to be road kill."He thought back, recalling the figure that Manuka had described."Yeah, he's dead." he continued. "I uh... watched him get killed in a training session."This wasn't completely true; in actuality, Vertak, Djoser, and two others had all done the deed to show how far they would go to The Shadowed One himself after the fifth member of their party died. But nobody there needed to know that.-ibrow

OOC: I was referencing Guardian, but oh well. There were probably other large, clawed DHs wanting rhotuka staffs. It wasn't a very specific definition.IC: Manuka, Ice wall."So what you're saying is that your tatoo is specific to the Dark Hunter organisation" Manuka clarified. "Which means that you having the mark places you among the criminal scum of the universe who are always willing to pay top widget for top quality weaponry. Its good to meet you, Mr. Vertak. Very good indeed. I'm sure your skills will be very useful against whatever is on the other side of that wall."

ppg2.png

OOC: And now I feel bad for not knowing that we had gotten to the ice wall. Why'd no one PM me? DXIC - Laorus - Ice Wall: Laorus approached the ice wall cautiously, ignoring the conversations and beings around her. Calling Doro back into his crest, she walked forward, examining the wall. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she tried to peer through it, before reaching out with a hand and laying her palm on the cold surface.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Garett / Ice Wall / IC: Garett was too busy contemplating the wall to take notice of the discussion about Vertak’s tattoo. Jirael silently thanked the fellow Matoran for his cloak. GM IC: Nameless’s eyes lit up at the Eye’s suggestion. They had already trapped a Rhak, which he knew happened but couldn’t seem to remember, so more Rahi intrigued him along with the other Hunters. “I’ll send some of my Hunters with you then,” and he motioned to six beings that looked like they could hold their own against a Rhak, which they basically had, along with the rest of the Hunters. Panterahk chided Laorus, ‘I just said not to touch it until I said. What are you doing?’ ‘Oh please, Mr. Rahi. Give her some space, she is obviously not going to freeze like you might. She is just armor after all,’ Yrllin said, ‘Plus I want to see what this ice wall is really made of.’ The Rhak growled lightly as a warning, ‘Just make sure you don’t freeze.’ Svirahk looked at Ena, Su’un, and at Illume off in the bushes. ‘Climb upon my back. We must hurry. Do so now.’

IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp CThe two Skakdi looked over the six hunters, who did indeed look tough, and who now made up half the team: three toa, a Steltian, a green Zyglak and Vortixx bristling with gadgets."Good doing business with you, Nameless" Mala said, without taking her eyes off the Hunters. "Now let's get going after this scrambler. I hear it was put on this island by some Makuta", she spat the word out with all the venom of a doom viper, "a while back. Now if I was putting up something like that, I'd put it somewhere accessible so I could get off the island without having to go neck deep in mud and thorns on the way out. Getting to a place to put it wouldn't be a problem: they would just teleport in before the thing was turned on. It's the return trip that has me thinking. I reckon that it must be somewhere near the bay or else on the coast, since the cliffs would be no barrier to their powers. That way, the lazy brakas can get the job done and his claws stay clean. I say we head for the sea and start searching on top of the cliffs. No point wasting any more time here."

ppg2.png

OOC: Okay then, I assume we'll be doing in-depth descriptions of the 6 hunters? I'll do the toa.IC: Artorre: Camp C:Artorre, in an attempt to make himself useful, began a close inspection of each of the newcomer's weapons. He told several to sharpen their blades next chance they got, while one or two couldn't even be seen well, as their owners refused to give up their weapons for so much as a second.The first toa, a tall, heavily armored toa of lightning by the name of Nirila, was armed with a large greatsword, a pattern of a serpent slithering up the blade carved into it. Besides that, she carried a pouch of smoke grenades, a few throwing knives and a bow, which fired extremely light arrows of an electricity-conducting metal. They would fly much farther than other, heavier arrows, and would, while doing little damage, allow her to call down lightning on the target with much greater accuracy. They wouldn't do well in the wind, however, and she carried roughly half as many heavier arrows for that reason. A large scar ran across her face, starting at the left eyebrow, barely missing the right eye as it went over her nose, ending at the right corner of her mouth. Her Kanohi was a Great Kakama.The second, a lightly armored, lanky toa of air named Hurana, wielded a thin but long sword, along with two daggers. He, too carried a pouch of smoke bombs, possibly standard issue for hunters of rank such as theirs. He wore a Great Ruru.The third, also a toa of air, was much shorter and beefier than the other two. Maglyk was his name. He carried with him a large mace. He didn't have a pouch of smoke bombs, although he did have a longbow and a quiver full of arrows dipped in paralysis-inducing poison. He had a scar on each side of his throat, indicating a wound that permanently disabled his ability to speak. In his light armor was a pad that allowed him to type, which he could use in conjunction with a text-to-voice device to communicate with others. He had a Great Mask of Psychometry.Artorre, finished with his study of the toa turned to the vortixx, only to find that she was already being inspected.

OOC: Lol, knock yourself out naming and describing them. I could care less about the specifics.GM IC:Pluunar had been edging further and further away for awhile now. When he thought it safe enough, he began to run. He did not want to be caught up with the Eye for any longer. Hopefully, with the distraction of the Hunters, who he couldn’t help but hate, he would be able to make a clean escape.Svirahk didn’t wait for their answers, instead, using his power to slow them, he scooped them all up and began to run, faster than he had in a long time. After awhile, his chest started to heave under the weight and continued pressure of running. Going a bit further, he was finally forced to slow to a walk to catch his breath, his great lungs sucking in the rain filled air in big gulps.Shaking his head to dispel all water that had collected along the ridges of his snout, he began to run again with the same intensity. This second part of the trip was much shorter, and they arrived at the ice wall in no time. No one else could be seen, but the island was big and he hadn’t been trying to meet up with anyone.Letting his passengers off, he spoke to Su’un, who held the emerald shoulder armor, ‘Put on the armor and touch the wall. Quickly, before the wall notices.’ He nudged the Toa forward with his snout and turned, letting out a bellow, signaling that he was ready.Panterahk answered his brother, letting him know that Laorus already had donned the mask and was touching the wall. Hopefully Kelenorahk would have the holder of the gauntlets put them on and touch the wall as well.

IC: Artorre: Camp C:Artorre turned, about to inspect the Steltian, when he noticed a figure slip away between two trees. He looked around. The matoran was gone.He ran after him, yelling "Hey! Get back here!"

Krokk and Mala both took off in pursuit of the escaping Matoran, running pell-mell straight through the trees. Mala was using her density control power, and Krokk his copying ability. She used her X-ray vision to keep track of Pluunar's movements, ensuring he couldn't lose them in the thick forest. For some reason, the foliage didn't seem to be so agressive now, and wasn't constantly getting in their way to slow them down.

ppg2.png

GM IC:Pluunar cursed his luck. Why did they even still need him? He glanced back and, not spotting anyone through the thick foliage, grinned. Then he tripped on a root he could have easily avoided and went face first into the trunk of a tree. A dull thud sounded out the impact and the Matoran’s mask fell off as he himself fell to the ground, unconscious once again.

OOC: Apologies for the recent inactivity for those with my characters.So, we get to describe these six Hunters? I'll go with the Zyglak.IC: Camp CTyrana, who had stayed quiet for the whole time, ignored Pluunar's escape. She didn't care whether the little one stayed or not. Instead she surveyed the group of six, her red eyes coming to a halt on the green Zyglak. Tossing her round fruit that Krokk had created earlier up and down repeatedly, the shark-like women stepped up to the reptilian creature. There was no fear in her features, despite the fact that she was walking up to what most would refer to as a monster.He was large, with green as his flesh coloring, and black shades for the main hue with dull silver mixed and splashed in places, especially on his limbs. Large, spiked armor plating was attached to his shoulders, and scales covered the rippling muscles incorporated in his body. Meaty claws curled around his weapons, which included a javelin, knives, and a double-bladed axe. Golden eyes fixed on his angular, white head glared down at her, filled with hate that easily matched her own. It wasn't hard to tell the number of battles this creature faced; scars could be seen both on his armor and skin, even on the plates of different colored metal that hung around his neck. A few trophies from his past enemies, she supposed.Once she had inspected his form enough, Tyrana demanded the Zyglak of his name. "What do they call you, brute?"Razor sharp teeth were revealed as the being opened his mouth to speak, the words coming out roughly and the Matoran language. "Xyl'kath'ra, in my tongue. Though you may call me Dalmoth in yours." Tyrana showed her teeth as well in a vicious smile as she responded. "You'll do nicely."Normally, she wouldn't have conversed with such a being. But she knew of the Zyglak's corrosive touch and weapons, superior strength, and invulnerability to elemental powers. Already she could imagine his plauge eating away at the forestry as she made way in the jungle, his tools slashing, lengthy tail whipping, and claws shredding. No need to worry about heroic Toa that might be after her when their powers were useless against him. Plus, the backpack he carried told her that he may be carrying supplies, whether useful or just for his own self. All in all, ''Xyl'kath'ra" or "Dalmoth" was the best of the assembled, in her opinion. Now, there were that Vortixx and Steltian left.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Artorre: Near Camp C:Artorre walked over to the nearby tree he had heard the sound from. There he found the unconscious matoran and the mask next to him. He wondered what had caused the accident. He looked around. A loose root arched out of the ground a bio or two from the tree the matoran had hit his head on. It was actually quite funny, in a horribly tragic way. He rolled the matoran onto his back and slapped the mask back on, then began carrying him back to the camp.

IC:Illume:Illume heard a voice and moment later he was whisked away.Now he stood infront of the ice wall. His muscles spasmed as cold swept through his body."Woah..." Is all he could manage to say.Noir:He noticed more beings arrive. Soon he might have to fight a powerful entity or so he guessed. So he started pulling shadows around himself. Light around him weakened and he slowly felt stronger as an area of roughly a meter around him grew extra dim.Kane:He heard noises, and even though he could not tell, these ones were real. He approached and anyone that may have noticed him would be able to tell he was deeply disturbed.As he got closer the air grew frigid and he pulled his cloak closer."Hello?" He whispered half hoping this was not real.OOC: Maybe I'll have all three of my Toa help fight the Skakdi in the wall. :confused:

"Touch the wall, NOW!" yelled Kelenorahk in Vertak's brain. Sure, he had a second or two to spare, it didn't need to be instantly done. But time wasted was... well, wasted time. The Rhak backed away, motioning with its tail for the others to do so themselves.

IC: Levacius / Ice WallLevacius moved back when he took note of the motions made by the Rhak. He backed off a few Bio and stood with both weapons readied. There was a hum in the air around him.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Camp CRayhoun regarded the Steltian for a moment, taking in the warrior. He was tall and lanky, with brown-golden armour. His blazing-red eyes seemed to be constantly checking around, as if everything was out to kill him. Which it would have been very unwise to do. The being was armed to the teeth, including two swords, and an array of knives and smoke grenades. Even Tempest was a little taken aback."So, what's your name?" he questioned.The Upper Steltian glanced up nervously for a moment, before darting his gaze back to the ground, "Irin. My name is Irin.""Well, good to meet you Irin," Rayhoun smiled at him. Suddenly, he noticed the commotion regarding the escaping Matoran.Striding over, he snarled, "What in the name of Mata Nui is going on here?"IC: Su'un - Ice WallUnder normal circumstances, Su'un didn't follow the instructions of strange beings. But when those beings are giant, scary Rahi, who seemed just a bit stressed, he found it was probably a good idea to follow orders.He swapped out his standard shoulder armour for the emerald one as quickly as possible, before slamming his fist into the ice wall.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp C.The pair of Skakdi soon caught up to Artorre and his captive and quickly deduced wht had gone on. "You got him. Nice job" Krokk commented to the toa. He was a Skakdi of few words, but he knew how to give due credit. Mala, on the other hand, was more focussed on the Matoran. "The little brakas!" she spat. "Did I not tell him to behave? Did I not tell him not to...""Yes" Krokk interrupted her. "You did. He ran anyway. But you should try not to kill him just yet. He can still be useful, once he learns to behave. Let's get him back to the others". He turned and started back towards the Hunters' camp, walking this time, and fully coropreal.

ppg2.png