Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I know she's only appeared in one scene so far, but I think this little one may just be my favourite background character...pony_oc.png Is there a fan nickname for her yet? I was thinking something along the lines of "Paintpot Smudge" . Her proportions look a bit different, though I think someone said the animators were trying out different body types for background ponies this season...

Okay, how many people did I fool? I made her this afternoon to test my drawing skills in Flash. :P

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

On the subject above, if MLP has referenced Tron, then I have not noticed it. However, it's entirely possible that, considering the nature of the show, that they might reference it within the second season, which has already started. I'm surprised no one mentioned that 2001: A Space Odyssey was referenced ... twice. In two different episodes. (I mean, hey, if we're on the subject of pony Sci-Fi references ...)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Both in Season One: Episode 23 has Rarity meeting her destiny in "a rock", and the way the sun comes up over it to a fanfare is a reference to the monolith. Episode 14, during Rarity's successful fashion show, Twilight is introduced with the theme to 2001, "Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Richard Strauss. At the end of the fashion show, the theme is heard again. (The songs I Want Candy and another one by Debussy are also included in the piece.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Their tech is kinda all over the place. First you have phonographs, then you have that one machine in Sugarcube Corner that the CMCs got stuck in, then you have horse-drawn carriages (and horse-drawn horse-drawn carriages) and trains. Then there's Twi's junk in the basement that she tried to use to figure out Pinkie's Pinkie Sense. I don't think Equestria's technology matters too much given the state it's in now. :P

19704_s.gif

MLP looks a lot like MCP. TRON reference!

:D

All of Equestria is in a post-appoc state. Technology has been given the big revert, all of which is reverse-engineered from relics left-over from the olden days, usable only by scholars. Yeah. I know. I'm scary.

That was my theory about Pokemon. Following a nuclear fallout, the surviving humans retreated to a series of undiscovered islands in the South Pacific, where they discovered nuclear radiation had transmuted all Earth's creatures into superpowered Pokemon! To avoid similar fallouts, money and federal authority has been abolished in favor of a locally-operated communist government. Team Rocket and similar factions are really neo-Nazi white supremacist groups.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

So without the technology level, i doubt there will be any active Stargates in equestria, or the ENCOM laser.But the deal remains open. When i see a tron reference, and a stargate reference, or 1 ripoff character, then ill join the herd.

I already gave you a Stargate reference. :PI'm tempted to buy Twilight Sparkle: teacher for a day. Should I?

So without the technology level, i doubt there will be any active Stargates in equestria, or the ENCOM laser.But the deal remains open. When i see a tron reference, and a stargate reference, or 1 ripoff character, then ill join the herd.

I already gave you a Stargate reference. :P I'm tempted to buy Twilight Sparkle: teacher for a day. Should I?
Do it. If I had one of those fancy-shmancy phones, I would.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

DJ Pon-3 is a rip off of a... DJ... the MP3 Programs you refer to, they are actually Daft Punk. File Extensions areA) Different in the Tron Canonhttp://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Arent used to identify classes of programs Your Stargate Reference is invalid, extras... are just... extras :P

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

@Astrotorical: Why do you continue to be persuaded by Bronies to watch the show if you aren't a Brony yourself? So far as I've heard, the norm for becoming a Brony is that you are 'sucked' into the fandom, as if it is the vacuum, and you are the dust (no offense XP). For you, it seems like this is a conscious decision, and if you're going to choose to become a Brony over something as trivial as a reference to another story, then you shouldn't bother, in my humble opinion. Two cents have been given. -Skar

You guys are totally forgetting: This is a show about magical ponies that sparkle and fly and sing. Anything can totally happen. Tron reference away! We can debate the technical issues after we see all of the epic internet memes that are sure to follow.

Exactly. I want to see another race, maybe with Twilight and Rainbowdash, and either Twilight having a purple aura of magic, possibly as a way to go faster (like Silver the Hedgehog boss in Sonic Generations,) and Rainbowdash leaving a rainbow trail, with one of them running into the others' trail. So much better than lightcycles. :P

DJ PON-3 is a ripoff of the MP3 programs. :biggrin: Btw, anybody like my new sig banner?

I love your sig and banner. I kind of want to use the banner, but I don't have room in my sig. :P
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I'm really not surprised that these two communities overlap. Adult fans of Bionicle are already accustomed to enjoying things that are supposedly "childish." Add a good sense of humor, appreciation of cuteness, and knowledge of memes, and you've got a Brony! Oh, and Fluttershy is best pony, although Sweetie Belle may overtake her after episode 5. :P

Edited by Keizah Hagah

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Nah, it's cool. You don't have to be a member of a group even if you have similar qualities to its members. I'd consider myself a brony, though. I enjoy the show, it makes me cackle gleefully (especially when Fluttershy goes out of character) and I've become obsessed with its memes as of late. XD Plus I am a guy in the right age group.

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

MLP live was a very poor attempt at bringing ponies to the real world. Now that was made for little girls, and only for them. The costumes, voices and the act itself is... bad. They mashed up songs for no reason, and the worst thing is that Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity are nowhere to be seen (Or probably it was a good thing, for they were spared of this. Whatever xP). A Tron reference? I'd love that! However, around 75% of my love for Tron is because the music is made by my favorite group ever. :P

"cool dude"