Weight Of Characters

How heavy do you think these characters are? You can answer in metric or pounds. My guesses......................Toa: 113.398 kgs/250 lbsBohrok: 68 kgs/150 lbsMatoran: 41 kgs/90 lbsRahkshi: 124.737 kgs/275 lbsSkakdi: 136.077 kgs/300lbsany others you want to add

99% of bzpower users dislike rap or hip hop. If your that 1% that think its pretty decent post this

They're made of metal. so they probably aren't light. I'd say Toa weigh more than 250...

However, we do not know that Protodermis has the same properties as metals we humans use. It's possible that protodermis is much lighter, yet still tougher, so it's hard to say. For all we know, a cubic foot of solid protodermis could weigh less than 20 pounds. How are we to know, then?signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I always wonder why people try and put these things into earth/human contexts, when Greg has said BIONIClE Physics are what he wants them to be. At the end of the day, a Toa could weight -50 tonnes, or 3 grams, but it won't make a difference to your perspective on them as you're never going to personally come into contact with a being from the BIONICLE universe.On a less pedantic and narrow minded note, Agori and Glatorian would probably have similar weights to humans, or at least heavily armoured humans. Matoran and Toa being almost fully mechanical, they will weight much more.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

A protodite: 0.0000001 gramI would say Toa are the weight of adults, and Matoran weigh as much as a child. I would imagine a Makuta is much lighter, though, being mostly gas, although I dunno how heavy the armor is.

Makuta would be the heaviest, as their armour is made of extra thick protosteel. Of course I don't know how much Protosteel weights, but I figure the use of steel its name implies a similar weight to steel. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Makuta can't be too heavy, as the Phantoka were able to fly using wings. Although, the fact that metal creatures can fly by flapping metal wings probably prooves weight/gravity doesn't work the same in Bionicle as on earth.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I always got the impression the metals are much lighter than typical Earth materials. They jump and stuff easily, and if it was too heavy you'd think it would be too much of a strain on the muscles. Gravity in general seems to be lighter too, since Spherus Magna is so much huger than Earth and yet there's no indication of crushing gravity.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I always got the impression the metals are much lighter than typical Earth materials. They jump and stuff easily, and if it was too heavy you'd think it would be too much of a strain on the muscles. Gravity in general seems to be lighter too, since Spherus Magna is so much huger than Earth and yet there's no indication of crushing gravity.

I think in the case of the BIONICLE Universe gravity doesn't depend on the size of the planets, or Gravity would be considerably different between Aqua Magna and Spherus Magna. Greg strikes again with his whacky Physics.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

And speaking of gravity, there was probably no difference between the gravity in the MU and the gravity on SM, we never heard any characters mention it, it seems likely that the GBs made the gravity in the MU the same as the gravity on SM, which I have two things to say about:1. Since Glatorian and Agori seem to be about as physically capable as the Toa and Matoran, in the same amount of gravity, it seems likely htat they weighed about the same.2. It seems strange that the GBs would make the gravity in the MU as strong as the gravity on SM, wouldn't that take more power from the Mata Nui robot than to simply make the gravity light, and the protodermis heavy? Perhaps, though, it was easier for them to make the protodermis light, and perhaps after they had learned to make gravity, they could make it the same strength as the gravity of SM without taking too much energy from the Mata Nui robot.

Edited by Jowm

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Well, they could just be super strong, except the intense gravity keeps it to a more reasonable level. Weight is relative in interplanetary terms. A Kanohi could weigh practically nothing to a Matoran on Earth if the gravity on SM is high enough.

aouROFb.png

Well, they could just be super strong, except the intense gravity keeps it to a more reasonable level. Weight is relative in interplanetary terms. A Kanohi could weigh practically nothing to a Matoran on Earth if the gravity on SM is high enough.
I agree with you. Weight is interchangeable; if I were on the Moon, I would weigh less than I would on Earth. With the size of Spherus Magna, I'd guess that a Matoran would weigh less on Earth than it would back home. In an unrelated note, they would also most likely be a lot stronger, seeing as they'd be used to a stronger gravitational pull from the planet. Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Also, bear in mind that most of them can apparently swim just fine without sinking, so we're definitely looking at some metal with different properties to ours. Or just, you know, Bionicle physics.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Also, bear in mind that most of them can apparently swim just fine without sinking, so we're definitely looking at some metal with different properties to ours. Or just, you know, Bionicle physics.

Well, not the stone types.
However, there's nothing to indicate that that's due to the build/weight of Po-Matoran, as Hewkii/Huki was able to learn to swim relatively well.~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I think in the case of the BIONICLE Universe gravity doesn't depend on the size of the planets, or Gravity would be considerably different between Aqua Magna and Spherus Magna. Greg strikes again with his whacky Physics.
Yeah, and speaking of Wacky Physics (my old topic that showed how things that seem nonsensical can make sense in Bionicle physics), one way to explain that might be a wide-ranging energy field, perhaps created by a strange type of rock in the core, maybe caused by exposure to the EP. The field would drain any gravity field caused by natural atomic graviton emission to a level amount.So a smaller body would still have less gravity, and objects orbitting in space would be weightless, but any planet at or beyond Earth's size gets Earth's gravity. There might be an upper limit to what this field could handle, but the range of same-gravity planets could vary quite a lot between those two extremes.It wouldn't interfere with gravity created artificially, though, so for example Nuhvok Kal's power would still work.

Weight or mass? Because the two are different according to the variables.But anyway, I suppose that the weights of the characters in the BIONICLE Universe to be undefined, because of the fact that the physics of the fictional universe are different to our universe's physics.

The two are actually the same when all objects in question are in the same strength and altitude of a gravity field. A more massive object is always more massive, even though all objects weigh nothing in zero gravity, but when two differently massed objects are in gravity, the weight difference indicates mass. :)So basically I think we're asking how much they weigh in Earth gravity.

Well, that is probably partially true, but light Earth metals do exist. Titanium for example. Aluminum, etc. The problem with using strength to explain it away is that when they apply their strength "sideways", not up and down, they should seem way superhuman, so a punch should make a person fly much farther than it would on Earth. And plants for example are just like Earth plants on Spherus Magna, but we don't see them crushed against the ground.We do have evidence the beings are stronger than us, but we see this both up and sideways (Taipu lifting a huge boulder for example).So I think it's far more likely the gravity is about the same as Earth's everywhere, and most strengths are about the same as on Earth. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm not sure as to exact figures over their weight, mainly because I was never any good at Science, but I'd say that they would be reasonably light. Both Glatorian and Toa armour would be far less heavy than our human traditional protective clothing, but at the same time, I'd also say that the gravity in both areas is not nearly as strong as Earth's gravity. The reason I assume this, is because when you look at the jumps they make in the film, you can see some clear gravity defying tricks. The massive leap Gali does in MoL, clearly helped by lower gravity. The length of time Kiina and Mata Nui stay up in the air after jumping, as well as the number of flips Ackar can do? A mixture of light armour and low gravity, although not the point where they're slowed down, or start floating.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

• 3 months later...

I don't think the issue is with how strong characters are or how strong gravity is, but how much they actually weigh in earth units. If Protosteel weighs as much as iron, then the armor would weigh around 150 lbs, maybe a bit more (comparison to full medieval armor). The organic protodermis itself (muscle, etc.) would weigh at most around 250 lbs--putting the weight of a Toa at somewhere around 300 lbs (comparison to a 7-foot-tall person).

Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6

The only reference to weight I recall was in Birth of a Dark Hunter, in which Gladiator was judged to be 'close to a ton of mechanical muscle.'

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I don't think the issue is with how strong characters are or how strong gravity is, but how much they actually weigh in earth units. If Protosteel weighs as much as iron, then the armor would weigh around 150 lbs, maybe a bit more (comparison to full medieval armor). The organic protodermis itself (muscle, etc.) would weigh at most around 250 lbs--putting the weight of a Toa at somewhere around 300 lbs (comparison to a 7-foot-tall person).

Please don't post in topics that have been inactive for thirty or more days; that is topic revival and is against the rules. :)Topic closed.