The Official Minecraft Topic

I think the slime spawning is hilarious, but it needs to stop. I use a really bad computer, and giant slimes bring me down to 1 FPS. Yeah, you read that right. 1 FPS.Anyway, we've had this griefing boom all of a sudden. Iunno why.Oh, and I approve wholeheartedly of Area 51. /nuke test go!

banner.jpg

That was the first and only time I've spawned one of those slimes.Regarding "Area 51"... Area 51 in real life isn't a nuke testing site, and neither was the one that was previously built on the server. I don't think turning Carthage into a bombed-out wasteland just because it got griefed is a good idea.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

!most of the griefers have been banned and dealt with. however, we will have more; that is inevitable.carthage is safe for now. still suggest spreading out, or make your own village!and clag: i know, but we're not gonna call it area 50. :P

Edited by karpinskijd

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

Yeah, despite what everyone seems to think, Area 51 is just an aerospace tech testing site. No aliens. :)But I think Carthage should be avoided as a primary residence. Just because of its griefability. BlarghMan's village is pretty cool, as it's in Extreme Hills by a desert river. Fun for all! But keep it small. (Hey look, it rhymes!)Yeah, despite what everyone seems to think, Area 51 is just an aerospace tech testing site. No aliens. :)But I think Carthage should be avoided as a primary residence. Just because of its griefability. BlarghMan's village is pretty cool, as it's in Extreme Hills by a desert river. Fun for all! But keep it small. (Hey look, it rhymes!)

banner.jpg

Can someone please PM me as to why I can't switch the server on? :@

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

Oh, hey Nav, your banner has the wrong IP. It's 96.44, not 94.44.EDIT: It would appear that the server is royally screwed. I just went on and the world was... not the world, according to ToaD. Nav, what the heck is going on? :S

Edited by Totally Not P~M

banner.jpg

Yesterday was a particularly laggy day for the server, for reasons I'm still not sure of. The giant slime may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back, seeing as, from what I've heard, those have been spawned several times before without catastrophic results.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, that is simultaneously incredibly annoying (server company pulling shenanigans) and a relief (this is in no way my fault).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

My internet died last died, hasn't been working until now. Did anything else happen other than the giant slime?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

For the record, I was on when the giant sime was spawned, and I told them not to do it. sarcastic.gifAnd Nav, can you please check your server blog? Thank you. :psychotwitch:

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

What has happened now has nothing to do with the slime
While I understand that good PR is always a good thing, Flipz, the slime has kind of proven irrelevant.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm going to stop checking this topic and stuff.cause I don't feel like going through posts. I want to have one place to post everything about the server and since I can't like the Server tumblr here cause BZPower advertising rules are like [CENSORED BY BLACK6] and extremely [CENSORED BY BLACK 6] I can't even stub my toe without having my post reported.Anyway.Once I find a blog site. that istent BZPower. Cause im not paying to write words on a page. Premium is useless. I'll tell you guys.long story shot.We're getting a new server company. and the new server will be up in latest 2 months.

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

i'll try to run a hamachi server since my router sucks.also, on the new server, is demonbaby still going to be a moderator? are you going to re-moderator those that were before the server went down? and is the map going to reset? anyways, i can deal with two months. i've had to deal with two years for the new spider-man. :P

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

Any particular reason why theres a fresh map for the server now...? Again?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

yeah what's going on. i spawned in the middle of nowhere with nothing.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

AND THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.I just explained in my previous post.I took the map down.[removed]And no Demon Baby will not be a moderator again.And the people who where Op's before will have to go through a week trial.

Edited by Moe Howard
Some may find your word choice offensive and thusly it was removed.

^ I'm having the same issue. If its all servers, its probably an issue on Mojang's side. I remember this happened once before.Also, I've tested the mapper/moderator thing out, and heres the test:http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7418/outputmu.pngOnce things settle down/get set back up, I'll probably travel around and record as much as I can.Edit: I just noticed, but why does the word filter keep turning the first three letters of moderator into...well, moderator?

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Because it's the abbreviation for a certain BIONICLE fan site. And we can't have any of that here.Anyway, too bad... Nav, will the folks who got Creative for about 5 minutes (e.g. me) be able to finish their week of Creative once you get the server back up?

banner.jpg

I'm just going to say "tuesday"and not indicate which "tuesday"I broke the turtle image.tumblr_m35p8g1QY91r0wqrdo1_500.png

Edited by Nav3taX

The reason for the server failures(if anyone's still wondering) is because Nav's looking for a new company to run the server off of, so for the moment, it's completely vanilla.Everyone's buildings n' such(or, at least, what's left of them after the griefing/slime outbreak) will still be there when a new company is found.-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

It should be noted that the slimes (well, at least,that last one - maybe damage happened as an indirect result of the previous ones, I don't know, I wasn't there) caused no physical damage to anything.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Does anyone here have the xbox version of Minecraft?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Alright folks, so I've managed to get a bukkit server going, with the help of hamachi. After doing some research I'm fairly certain hamachi won't allow someone to hack into your computer, and you can ask Beardy/Clag how easy it is to join into a network. So would anyone be willing to join in this server?There would be downsides of course. Namely, the server will not be 24/7, following an erratic schedule that is my life, and it would go down for me and Beardy to do our own little side show in another server hosted on the same computer. But it should be up once or twice a day for somewhat long periods of time. Or it could be up for two minutes, it's erratic.Trying to judge interest. It'd be like Nav's server, only with less griefer mods. moderator-hood or creative will be handed out only after very careful consideration.EDIT: And then I checked my version of Hamachi, I can only have four other people on the same network. Sorry folks, looks like that fell through.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Meanwhile, in my Technic run, I have now succeeded in synthesizing Dark Matter, which immediately went into my Energy Collector Mk. 2. To get the diamonds for that (and for remaking the armor I lost in the Nether) I have been clear-cutting the forest around my house, slowly feeding tons of plant matter into my Transmutation Tablet.A somewhat more efficient method presented itself recently, though - there's a Bandit Tower somewhat closer to my house than I might ordinarily like, and their iron armor is a pretty high-yield ingredient for transmutation. The best bit is that they respawn nightly, so I have a reasonably steady supply.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've been playing on two different servers recently, and both are pretty cool. One's entirely vanilla and we're (very slowly) traversing 1000+ blocks to bring two villagers back to our spawn. It's been fun.The other is a larger server, and they REALLY frown upon griefing- you'll be banned in seconds if caught doing so intentionally. In other words, I've been having a lot of fun in multiplayer recently.-ibrow

EDIT: And then I checked my version of Hamachi, I can only have four other people on the same network. Sorry folks, looks like that fell through.
Its too bad port-forwarding isn't easier. Had to resort to Hamachi for the map me and my friend build on, which means I haven't been able to incent my cousin into joining.
Meanwhile, in my Technic run, I have now succeeded in synthesizing Dark Matter, which immediately went into my Energy Collector Mk. 2. To get the diamonds for that (and for remaking the armor I lost in the Nether) I have been clear-cutting the forest around my house, slowly feeding tons of plant matter into my Transmutation Tablet.A somewhat more efficient method presented itself recently, though - there's a Bandit Tower somewhat closer to my house than I might ordinarily like, and their iron armor is a pretty high-yield ingredient for transmutation. The best bit is that they respawn nightly, so I have a reasonably steady supply.
Whats your opinion on the technic pack as a whole so far? I enjoyed Equivalent Exchange on its own, so I've been thinking about trying it, even if I have to abandon Swords+ for awhile.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

The technic pack is fun if you enjoy the mixture of tech, magic, and alchemy. Me, I'll probably make use of my BC/IC/RP build more often, but from my experience Technic is enjoyable.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

The Technic Pack has a lot of great stuff in it. Mo Creatures and Better Dungeons makes adventuring a lot of fun, Millenaire gives you villages (and bandits) that actually do stuff, RedPower gives you microblocks (slabs that can be placed vertically, strips, pillars, etc.), and the trio of ThaumCraft, EE, and IC gives you new tools, armor, weapons, and a bit more efficiency with construction.For best results, I would suggest using the full Technic Pack, simply because of the way the different mods work together. The blunderbuss in the weapons moderator is fun alone, sure - but combine it with the Seven League Boots from ThaumCraft, and an entirely new combat style is opened up to you, one that gives you the opportunity to take pretty much any enemy by surprise, blast them at close range, and then disappear again before they can react.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'll be sure to give it a try the next time I feel up for some survival, then :)Its been awhile since I've completed a proper project in singleplayer. Its more than a little overdone, but I really feel like building the Temple of Time from Ocarina of Time. Anyone else working on a creative project right now?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Well, Technic Pack is also good for Creative Mode. The Microblocks thing that comes with Red Power in particular is very helpful for detailed builds.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, I'm making a giant fully auto factory with IC2/BC/RP. Fun, though a bit tedious.

voidstars.png