The Official Minecraft Topic

To Do List:

*Bring Turtle to Twilight Forest. Tunnel through small hills until one turns up hollow. Kill redcap for achievement.

*Ditto for medium hills and kobolds.

*Build Skeleton Grinder in Twilight Forest. (Use portal gun to place spawner.

*Fortify Large Hollow Hill.

*Craft a BUNCH of torches.

*Find a Nether Fortress so I can finally have Blaze Powder

*???

Anyone have a good design for a mob grinder that starts off by dropping the mobs? I'm looking for the most compact setup I can get that still gives me experience. Keep in mind I can put the mob spawners anywhere I want. ;)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Nope. My mob grinders are generally along the lines of 'find a large concentration of mobs, draw sword, grind their bones for your bread.'

The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog is more deadly than an ROUS, sure, but we should still have them on-hand.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You may want to tell us something about the modification if you're making us fish through a different website to find it. Motivation and all that, yeah?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So, I discovered that the portal gun is HIGHLY effective in combat: build a super-high tower, pop one portal on the side near the top, and shoot the other in front of mobs. If you have the long-fall boots, if you hear a creeper hiss behind you or you're just getting creamed, shoot straight down and you'll pop out in a (presumably) safe place, unharmed, while your enemies will likely try to follow you through and die. I managed to (mostly) clear a large Hollow Hill using just torches and my portal gun. :D

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

prevents you from being knocked back.

How do I get this enchantment?!? (Or is it part of Thaumcraft or another Magic World modification?)

You update to 1.4.6 tomorrow or Friday. =P It's a new vanilla ability, and I'm actually intrigued as well.Does anyone know if you can double enchant something as long as it has levels? I'm wondering especially because of the new enchantment books in 1.4.6.

Nah, on all those adventure maps we just use NBTEdit or TMI.:3

If you mean like putting Smite and Sharpness on the same sword, then no. You cannot enchant them like that in game. You can use, say, a smite book on a sharpness sword, but that should just overwrite the sharpness.

Wait, you can't just walk up to an Enchanting Table and try your luck at getting multiple enchants anymore? That's how I'm reading this...~|ET|~

Just tested this and not only can you get several enchantments on one item, you can add even more enchantments to that item with books.

Including enchantments not normally possible like silk touch on a sword.

Only thing you can not do is add conflicting enchantments like bane of arthropods and sharpness together, that just causes one of the enchantments to replace the other.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Bane of Arthropods and Sharpness conflict? Huh, never knew that.

So does this mean you can make a bow with Bane of Arthropods?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Bane, Smite, and Sharpness all conflict, because they're all damage modifiers. Bane inflicts more damage against spiders, Smite against undead, and Sharpness just in general. So, you can't have two or more of the same on the sword at the same time.The question I was asking was more 'can you enchant a weapon a second time(Aka, while already enchanted) without a book or anvil', nothing more than that, really. =P

Bane, Smite, and Sharpness all conflict, because they're all damage modifiers. Bane inflicts more damage against spiders, Smite against undead, and Sharpness just in general. So, you can't have two or more of the same on the sword at the same time.The question I was asking was more 'can you enchant a weapon a second time(Aka, while already enchanted) without a book or anvil', nothing more than that, really. =P

You cannot enchant an item with an enchanting table twice.

Alright then, that answers my question. =P But you can enchant one particular item with multiple books, right?

As long as the books are compatible and do not conflict, yes you can use multiple books.

You can even use enchantments books on say ... a potato.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

And if you put a fire enchantment on the potato and whack something with the potato, will that something actually ignite, or is it just kind of wasted on potatoes?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I believe it actually ignites.

That or you get baked potato, one of the two.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

...oh my what.

"In Soviet Minecraft, potato bakes you!" - What I now have to say every time I set mobs on fire with a potato. I may have to also give it knockback and sharpness, and, if I can, use the anvil to name it 'Battle Spud.' It's a shame crowbars and songbirds don't exist in Minecraft, or I could fully enchant a crowbar, find a robin, and be predictable.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

And something that would be useful for Adventure mode .If they put locked chests in the game (say, eight wooden planks and one iron ingot), you could find a key, yes... or you could smash it open with a crowbar. I think one disadvantage of the crowbar approach (to encourage use of keys) would be that any mob eggs stored in the chest would hatch, or that any buckets of lava/water would spill if you used the crowbar.

Huh. Lots of ideas there. Four iron ingots in an upside-down L for the crowbar crafting recipe. For the locked chest, I'm thinking that crafting the chest would also craft a key, and, obviously, the key crafted with the chest would be the only one that works on it.

This whole thing would give lots of opportunities for sadism on the part of map-makers, like storing one mission-critical item in a chest... and twenty-six silverfish eggs. On the more extreme side, lava would rather obviously destroy everything else in the chest if you just force it open. Water would be a minor inconvenience.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Make it 5 iron; it has a back edge, after all.That sounds like it would be interesting, and the egg/water/lava idea is just plain amazing. If not for vanilla, this is something that would be perfect for a mod or mod pack, though adding it into vanilla would be awesome.

Hmm, true, I guess the bottom part isn't curved enough for it to have another corner, I guess. I'm not really complaining, of course, better for early game when you have next to no iron. =P

Hate to burst you bubble, but you can only put Fire Aspect on potatoes and Silk Touch on fishing rods while in Creative. However, it is now possible to put Unbreaking on anything that has durability using enchanted books, and Silk Touch can be applied to shears and swords using books in order to obtain cobwebs.

The Protection enchant is no longer better than the more specific Protection enchantments. Blast Protection also makes you take less recoil damage, and Fire Protection will make you extinguish faster.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

Hate to burst you bubble, but you can only put Fire Aspect on potatoes and Silk Touch on fishing rods while in Creative. However, it is now possible to put Unbreaking on anything that has durability using enchanted books, and Silk Touch can be applied to shears and swords using books in order to obtain cobwebs.

Curses ... TOV you're a mod-maker right?

Think you can fix this obvious oversight by Mojang and give us Fire aspect potatos in survival?

Curses ... TOV you're a mod-maker right?

Think you can fix this obvious oversight by Mojang and give us Fire aspect potatos in survival?

Not quite sure how to work with enchantments yet.. by the time I find out, they probably would have fixed it.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

As soon as I can figure out how to make plants/enchantments, I will make the combustable lemon modification.

Aperture Science would be proud.

On more relevant news has anyone found a good non pvp server yet? Or failing that does anyone know a website where I could find such a server.

I've been looking for a while now but finding the right server is rather hard.

Currently searching for a flatmap preset for exposed stronghold generation. I want to "restore" one and place it on the surface of my creative world, since my current end portal just consists of a small room hollowed out of a hill in my main village.Edit: Nevermind, derp...just had to add stronghold to the end x_x

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Yep, that's the way you do it.

By the way, best superflat map ever: leave structure generation on, set biome to desert, take out everything below the sand. It's an exercise in resisting temptation. I failed and caused the sandpocalypse.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom