The Official Minecraft Topic

Due to some interesting mechanics regarding the TNT minecarts, and a few more coming in 13w03a, I believe that when 1.5 comes out, it may be possible to make nuclear cannons. I don't think they'd be easy enough to have any PVP value, but hey, more ways to destroy NPC villages are always welcome.

~Unit#phntk#1

Oh, you mean the expanding blast radius thing? I've heard about that, and that definitely is... intriguing.As for PVP value... I'd think any mobile TNT cannon would have PVP value. =P Wheel that thing into a base after raiding it; bye bye base. Even better if someone's AFKing you, or you're acting as a distraction while someone else is mobilizing it. =P Faction wars would have a whole new arsenal. Granted, it'd probably be like the payload fights in TF2; only one TNT cart per fight(Due to likely cost and the sheer explosive nature), but... Yeah. If you got a path into the base, it's basically game over. if the ground's not protected and you can tunnel in... The poor person who's being targeted is toast. xD

Welp, that gives me a whole new way to be an awful person in Minecraft. Also, more things to defend against in clever ways. Hrmph.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

And with 13w03a Dinnerbone has said that TNTcarts no longer explode the second they leave the track.

Nav wants you guys to come back, btw. He says he's sorry and that he's bringing the server back in a month or so. He said the whole Demon Baby fiasco won't be happening any more, and as far as I know, we can trust him. He seems nice. :P I think it'll be better this go-round. I'm sure you all remember the great times we had on his server (I certainly do), and he hopes you can get over your resentment and come back. Thoughts?

banner.jpg

Hey, I've been playing the Technic Pack, and it's been working fine, but when I tried to enter a Mystcraft age, the screen turned white and I had to close Minecraft. When I reopened it, I had to walk 500 meters back to my house, only to find all my items had apparently made the journey successfully. Tried again, same results. Is this a common, easily-fixed problem, by any chance?

As for the server, I might give it a try. What are the rules on swearing? If it gets excessive, I'm gone.

- :burnmad:

Sorry, but this isn't the first time Nav's said he's reformed. We had great times, that's for sure, but fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. Fool everyone six times, and, well, that's just disappointing.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'm going to have to agree with Alex. No matter how many times he apologises, he'll still shank us in the back at a moments notice.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Sorry, but this isn't the first time Nav's said he's reformed. We had great times, that's for sure, but fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. Fool everyone six times, and, well, that's just disappointing.

You've got it backwards. It's fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. :P

Well that's too bad. Since I can't really host any more, hopefully someone will come along who can. :/

banner.jpg

...No I don't have plans on returning as the server I play one now we actually have admins who CARE about the players, that and since I was accused of griefing when I didn't and got that ban I lost interest in the server fully so it can go die once again.

I'm just ToaD

...No I don't have plans on returning as the server I play one now we actually have admins who CARE about the players, that and since I was accused of griefing when I didn't and got that ban I lost interest in the server fully so it can go die once again.

... wait you know of a good server? Would it be possible for most of us bzp'ers to move over there?

... wait you know of a good server? Would it be possible for most of us bzp'ers to move over there?

Depends as I am friends with the owner and asked if he wants a small population growth, but currently the server is 1.4.5 for certain reasons and its a brony server so really it depends if you want to join as I'm not gonna make you.

I'm just ToaD

The great times we had on Nav's server were, almost entirely without exception, times that did not involve Nav. As an admin, Nav was capricious, unreliable, and heavily biased.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Depends as I am friends with the owner and asked if he wants a small population growth, but currently the server is 1.4.5 for certain reasons and its a brony server so really it depends if you want to join as I'm not gonna make you.

This is a complete shot in the dark, but...this server wouldn't happen to involve factions and plugins for various pony races, would it, with the admin at the head of the Sky faction?I figure those "reasons" are probably coding reasons.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

This is a complete shot in the dark, but...this server wouldn't happen to involve factions and plugins for various pony races, would it, with the admin at the head of the Sky faction?I figure those "reasons" are probably coding reasons.

I'm honestly not sure why it's still 1.4.5 but I don't mind, and the major pony thing other than the map is the ranking system. Edit also the different ranks give different abilities for what class it is.

Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

I'm honestly not sure why it's still 1.4.5 but I don't mind, and the major pony thing other than the map is the ranking system. Edit also the different ranks give different abilities for what class it is.

The admin coded the ranking stuff himself. And no factions that I know of, but ToaD would be the one to ask.

banner.jpg

Just use whichever one's a lower difficulty. They're going to give you a product of the same quality, one of them is just less tedious to deal with.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I haven't messed around with Mystcraft yet, so I don't know. Have you tried it with more than one age?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

That'll be something for me to think about then.

Currently I've been having fun witth he direwofl20 ftb pack, it's got the latest versions of redpower and equivalent exchange yet it doesn't have gregtech, which is just awesome. Especially now that redpower quarries are easier to make.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Oh. Well, I sincerely hope that particular bug is specific to your situation, as I'd rather not have Mystcraft turn out to be supremely uncooperative when I do try to use it.

Good luck fixing it, though.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, I don't fancy being trapped in a decaying age because of a mistake like that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So! I found a fail skeleton trying to get the jump on me, totally by accident. Was removing sandstone bricks in a cavern under my base; and heard a skeleton. I heard to the surface, and find this. Nice try skeleton, what're you gonna do now? Burn. =P

And with 13w03a Dinnerbone has said that TNTcarts no longer explode the second they leave the track.

Nav wants you guys to come back, btw. He says he's sorry and that he's bringing the server back in a month or so. He said the whole Demon Baby fiasco won't be happening any more, and as far as I know, we can trust him. He seems nice. :P I think it'll be better this go-round. I'm sure you all remember the great times we had on his server (I certainly do), and he hopes you can get over your resentment and come back. Thoughts?

Nav wants us back? After all the big fiascos of Demonbaby and after Gondwana went poof along with all that hard work.. yeah I think not. I'll stick on ToaD's server for now. But maybe if we clump our money together we could purchase a server...probably not, but maybe.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

A community funded server is, unfortunately, unlikely. Disregarding the fact that precious few of us have a continuous source of income, the moment somebody has a hiccup or we start arguing about who should run it or somesuch, the server is unlikely to get its monthly bill paid and it's lost. Can't exactly make binding agreements on the internet, so any sort of dispute could and most likely would end badly.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Or we could do what BZP does and accept donations with no benefit except continued existence of the server. No premier membership, though. :P

I found a pretty good host that offers 1 GB ram for $10 a month, with a 40% off coupon, so really just $6/mo.

banner.jpg

Yeah, for the amount of activity, we'd probably need four gig. The general rule of thumb is half a gigabyte per player, a third if you're ok with some lag. Four gigs gives us between eight and twelve players online at any given time without total failure.

voidstars.png

Which is my point, it'd have to be a collaborative effort. When people are actiively spending money to keep something going, they feel like they have some measure of control over it. Which they should, I mean, it'd be kinda silly not to. BZP's donations account for only a minority of the funds needed to keep this place alive. This server would be practically entirely maintained by the community. Premier membership for BZP is kinda like the coin jar you find at stores, this would not be a coin jar. Especially since a server capable of taking medium load is going to run 30-40$/m.

We'll have to see how the dice fall. With anyluck someone can set up a Minecraft server without hamachi and we can all go over there.

voidstars.png

If I had a computer that I was sure I could run a server on (and a somewhat decreased love of sushi), I could manage 40 USD/month easily. Again, though, computer has 4 gigs of RAM total, college internet is less-than-perfect (severe lag at times, though it is, at least, consistent), and I love sushi too much.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I think you might misunderstand Rover, the 40USD/m is if you're renting a server. If you actually own it, it's just whatever your internet costs.

I also just realized this sounds kinda patronizing. Not my intent, just saying, one of us must be misunderstanding the other.

Edited by Dr. Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png