The Official Minecraft Topic

Preeeetty sure Big Brother is outdated. I recommend LogBlock; it lets you check a block's history (including chest and furnace use) using a wand like a wooden axe. It's also fully integrated with WorldEdit, so it's very easy to use.

McMMO would be nice if we're doing it all legit survival. I liked Nav's old formula of survival with free resources.

banner.jpg

The old formula of survival+resources was useful, but it didn't really give me many excuses for acting like a crazy person and living off of the flesh of my undead enemies.

I do think, however, that if you don't want me to drain a desert of all its resources, you should provide free sandstone. Keeping me from mining the End dry may also be a good thing to keep in mind, because I love me some Endstone.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Is that not the latest version? I guess I can update it. But I don't think that's the problem.

- :burnmad:

Edit: No, I can't update it. Clicking 'Get CraftBukkit' leads me to the 'Setting up a server' page, from which I follow a link to the only download I can find, 1.4.5.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

1.4.7 is the latest version of Minecraft. If you're running the latest version but referring to an old one, that could be the source of part of your trouble.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I believe I actually have 1.2.5, since I use the latest Recommended Technic Build. So Bukkit is a newer version than what I have, it seems. Should I maybe get the normal Minecraft Launcher? If so, will that interfere with my Technic?

Oh, now I see why I couldn't access the site. They changed the extension AGAIN.

Edit: Alright, I googled my problem. I saw a topic made by the owner of a Tekkit server, which said that Xmx doesn't limit how much memory it will use, it just limits the heap size. I don't know what a heap size is, but 1024M starts the server successfully, and apparently this Tekkit server owner has it set at that and doesn't have major lag, so I'll just keep it there and see what happens. After we continue discussing plug-ins (By the way, is AntiCheat any good?), we can test the server.

Edit#2: Secure Chests also sounds good.

And there was ToaD's fondness to tossing poison at anything that moves.

I'm flattered that you would say that about me even if it is completely true, I should add during the time I haven't seen many of you I have gained myself a new arsenal of new weapons. Also has the server type been decided like is it going to be modded vanilla or modded freebuild like Nav's.

I'm just ToaD

We definately need some sort of anti-grief plugin, WorldGuard, and Lockette. Mainly so that things don't mess up due to creeper explosions, or someone goes crazy and griefs/steals from all the chests. I don't know about Secure Chests, is it similar to Lockette and protects all containers, including dispensers, furnaces, etc, or just chests? If it only works for chests, I suggest Lockette then. If it works on all containers, then go for Secure Chests I guess.

Maybe Factions? I could see that possibly working (Especially after the holy mooshroom incident) but probably not. It'd be...interesting to say the least.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I know for a fact WorldGuard does, as it did so on Nav's server. And it prevents endermen from taking blocks, Withers from exploding things, etc.

Also, should we build a spawn town just so people can survive the first night without wasting supplies/give a safe place to build a house, or just start the world with nothing but the stuff we find? I know a seed that spawns you in a village with a huge forest next to it which may work if we want to take the lazy way out...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Maybe I could get it and AntiCheat, because I just realized that it only prevents hacking, not all griefing. I was confused because it mentioned something about spiders climbing walls, but I think that's a hack that allows people to climb wall like spiders. So I'll check out WorldGuard.

And like stated before, don't forget plugins like Hawkeye, Big Brother, etc. They let you know who breaks blocks in certain areas, which is good for tracking down griefers. I don't make servers, so I don't know which is most effective, I'm listing ones I know the names of in this case. WorldGuard does, however, work for mob griefing quite well, and setting up protected spawn areas.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

AntiCreeper is a great plugin. Not only does it block creeper explosions from breaking blocks, but it can also protect against withers, enderdragon, endermen, et cetera-- even TNT.

I'd stick with Lockette, AntiCreeper, LogBlock, WorldEdit, McMMO, Essentials, and maybe a permissions plugin.

banner.jpg

Just so everyone's clear, Technic uses an entirely separate Minecraft.jar file. Updating your vanilla Minecraft will in no way affect your Technic game, provided that you are not updating the minecraft.jar that is in the Technic folder directory.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Try "Hawkeye Reloaded", the original seems to be outdated.

EDIT: Oh, man, I would LOVE to have the "MagicSpells" plugin by nisovin and woodendinosaur. Hide spellbooks around the world, and slowly allow us to learn new magic spells, it'd be awesome! :D

You'd obviously ONLY want to create spellbooks/tomes for specific spells, but still. :D

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

You may also want to install the Dynmap plugin. I really like it, and it's great for seeing what other people are working on without having to stop what you're doing.

Also, if you're willing to work, you could install a permissions plugin to set up permissions for various plugins and commands. They're very confusing, but it will be worth it.

I still think LogBlock is better than HawkEye but whatever.

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

Oh gosh, I don't think I'm ready for something like that. =P

Hey, it seems I need MySQL for Hawkeye. I'm about to download the installer, but I don't want all the different stuff, what exactly do I get?

Edit: Oh right, lol.

Alright. In the LogBlock config, I noticed two variables, logCreeperExplosionsAsPlayerWhoTriggeredThese, and logPlayerInfo, both set to false. Should these be set as true?

Also, how do permission nodes in general work? I can't find them anywhere to edit, so do I enter them somewhere? Where? Also, how do I set them to certain groups?

For the creeper one, that kind of depends on whether you're going to set MobGriefing to false. If so, then it doesn't matter. If you're going to allow MobGriefing, then it might be wise to keep track of who triggers creeper explosions, yeah. Most of them are going to be out in the wilderness, but it's not impossible for someone to use creepers to grief structures when they don't feel like making TNT themselves.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Not sure what that means, but maybe Clag knows.

You'd be better off installing AntiCreeper, just because MobGriefing doesn't affect Withers and Enderdragons. You can also disable TNT damage as well, and some other interesting things. It's very versatile.

banner.jpg

Well, disabling TNT damage would be the teensiest bit daft, because it does have legitimate uses, particularly for excavation.

I've got no idea about the other option, which is why I said nothing on it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I have lava buckets and TNT set to deny and kick on use/place, is their any way I can allow certain people use of them or allow use of them on the fly?

Edit: Or will my plugins just keep them from being misused?

I would advise you to change those settings, because both lava and TNT have valid uses. It would be better, I think, to simply keep track of who uses them and when/where they use them, so that if they do get misused, the responsible party can be banned ASAP.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Alright.

I have it set to notify me upon one's acquisition and use of flint and steel, TNT and lava buckets.

Also, I got a word filter. If, when we begin playing on the server, it happens to censor a non-swear word because of similarity to a swear word, notify me so I can add it to the white list.

Also also, I still have no idea how permission nodes work. Although I'm not even sure if I can use them without a plugin. If not, we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it.

If the plugins come with config files, I may be able to help set them up. (Particularly for that magic plugin I mentioned, I'd be more than happy to help get that set up in a reasonable manner.)

Speaking of the server, if you need help testing, I'm pretty much free on Friday (US time), PM me a time window and I'll try to hop on and help you work things out. ;)

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)