The Official Minecraft Topic

Funny story about WorldEdit, actually; Burnmad was using it to try and fix a crater, and instead turned everything in the crater zone to cobble. =P It was repairable in the long run(Amazingly), but it was still humourous to see cobble sugarcane. =P

Heh, what did he try to use, //replace cobblestone? If he wanted to change everything including air to cobble, tell him to use //set instead.

And yeah, kinda annoying that LogBlock does not log changes made by WorldEdit, but couldn't he have just done //undo to fix everything?

iquXD5X.png

It wasn't cobble, it was smooth stone, and the sugar cane's transformation was somewhat less impressive than what he did to the water.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well; here's the sequence of events. First, I accidentally over-powertooled /nuke. Which proceeded to blow up Clag's compound, and ONLY Clag's compound. Then, as we tried to fill the crater that resulted from it, Burnmad tried to fill it, and instead replaced everything that was already there, with smooth stone. Stone fountain(Which had somehow survived, probably due to water), smooth stone sugar cane, smooth stone chest with items in it... It was rather hilarious to witness, if you weren't directly involved. >>'But yeah, /undo just wouldn't work for some reason; not for /nuke, not for the Worldedit fiasco... it was odd.Since then, he's been backing things up on a regular basis. =P

Well; here's the sequence of events. First, I accidentally over-powertooled /nuke. Which proceeded to blow up Clag's compound, and ONLY Clag's compound. Then, as we tried to fill the crater that resulted from it, Burnmad tried to fill it, and instead replaced everything that was already there, with smooth stone. Stone fountain(Which had somehow survived, probably due to water), smooth stone sugar cane, smooth stone chest with items in it... It was rather hilarious to witness, if you weren't directly involved. >>'But yeah, /undo just wouldn't work for some reason; not for /nuke, not for the Worldedit fiasco... it was odd.Since then, he's been backing things up on a regular basis. =P

That's probably because /nuke isn't provided by WorldEdit, but Essentials. Since it's not a WE command, you can't use WE's //undo function, since that only applies to recent WE actions.

iquXD5X.png

It would be very nice if there were some way we could power a door mechanism with the life force of a hostile mob, so that a door does not open until after the mob has been killed.

You can; there's a SimplySarc video out there somewhere about that.

anyone else see kopaka in sethbling's most recent video?

That would be EvilSeph's skin.

It's vanilla minecraft, but it uses Bukkit.

I'll add you to the whitelist, but you'll have to come on here in order to know when the server will be up, as it's not a 24/7 thing.

Just a 'lil question, what sort of plugins are you currently using?

Also, I'd recommend using pTweaks and Spigot together instead of just the usual noLagg, since noLagg and Spigot don't work too well together in many ways, and an actual optimalization of CraftBukkit at its core, like Spigot is, usually offers greater performance gain than just a plugin: it's loaded before all plugins (since it's the thing said plugins hook into), and has a higher priority.

Personally I've experienced a significant increase in free RAM when using pTweaks and Spigot compared to noLagg, gives you around 5% extra.

Still doesn't make WorldEdit run fine though, but WE is coded in a kinda retarded manner, trying to push all block updates at once, instead of LogBlock which schedules them so the server can actually catch up and, you know.... not crash.

I'm using WorldEdit, Essentials, GriefLog (which kinda sucks but I don't have to install MySQL), LapisPortals, PlayerSkulls, VoxelSniper, TempestEnderCrystal, DisguiseCraft, and a few others I can't recall ATM.

banner.jpg

-snip snippety snipsnip-

I'm using WorldEdit, Essentials, GriefLog (which kinda sucks but I don't have to install MySQL), LapisPortals, PlayerSkulls, VoxelSniper, TempestEnderCrystal, DisguiseCraft, and a few others I can't recall ATM.

Hmm, I'd advise using Spigot instead of CraftBukkit (it's essentially CraftBukkit but then with performance optimizations), getting pTweaks, and then getting rid of GriefLog and replacing it with LogBlock. How easy it is to get a MySQL database up and running would depend on whether you're hosting your server at home or with a professional company, but the guideline is that you usually want to get an internal database, otherwise your queue will probably just file up, causing the plugin to respond slowly and eventually lag out your server.

iquXD5X.png

Some information as to the title of the project, so that I may find how to make a Wither-powered door, would be appreciated.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Some information as to the title of the project, so that I may find how to make a Wither-powered door, would be appreciated.

Well, you can't directly detect whether a mob is dead or not (there are proximity detectors, but those generally only work for players, and break after a couple of updates), but there are a couple of other ways to solve this:

• The obvious one: Force a mob to always be in contact with a pressure plate or tripwire, and then open the door when they're unpowered. Not very useful, since this also prevents players from entering.
  • The cool one: Taking advantage of the Wither's sheer size, you could use several daylight sensors to detect whether it's still there, which should be possible since 1.5 will also introduce signal strength. This could be stretched out over a larger area because of that signal strength-function, but you'd also need a daylight sensor somewhere else that isn't near the others, to determine the time of the day and thus the threshold for when the Wither isn't there, since daylight sensors emit less power at later times of the day. This setup won't work at night though, which is kinda stupid.

iquXD5X.png

Hmm. Well, we're spawning it inside a building (yes, the we've manipulated things so the building itself is safe), so daylight sensors aren't really going to help much.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Clag, it's something like "mob-specific detection" or something... just, you know... "look it up."

-snip snippety snipsnip-

Hmm, I'd advise using Spigot instead of CraftBukkit (it's essentially CraftBukkit but then with performance optimizations), getting pTweaks, and then getting rid of GriefLog and replacing it with LogBlock. How easy it is to get a MySQL database up and running would depend on whether you're hosting your server at home or with a professional company, but the guideline is that you usually want to get an internal database, otherwise your queue will probably just file up, causing the plugin to respond slowly and eventually lag out your server.

And I'd advise against telling me how to run my server. I don't recall ever asking you for help.

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

Clag, it's something like "sacrifice chamber" or something... just, you know... "look it up."

-snip snippety snipsnip-

And I'd advise against telling me how to run my server. I don't recall ever asking you for help.

What an incredibly nice and considerate response of you.

I was just giving you some friendly adive on plugins, not commanding you, so no need to go all angry like that =P

Edited by Zeene

iquXD5X.png

(snippo)

What an incredibly nice and considerate response of you.

I was just giving you some friendly adive on plugins, not commanding you, so no need to go all angry like that =P

Yeah, but I'm fine with what I have, and I never complained, to you or anyone else, about a lack of plugins.

banner.jpg

So I've been meaning to ask, when are the servers on (Burnmad's and Srakii's). From peoples activity I always guessed it was "not when I'm on" but I'm desperate to play minecraft on a server again so I want to be sure.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Burnmad's is on from about 10:30 AM ESt, to 12:30 or so AM, also EST. Kinda wish it could be on more, but that probably wouldn't help me anyway, since I usually log off when he shuts the server down.

Mine will hopefully be on a lot more starting in July or so, because I'm moving to a more urban area (So long, CenturyLink! Hahaha!). I installed MySQL so I could get LogBlock, so I'll finally be able to figure out who's been building random stuff everywhere. :P Too bad it doesn't work retrospectively (retroactively? idk).

banner.jpg

There's one going live hopefully soon, just some last minute adjustments that are happening. There was another planned for FTB, but there were some problems there. =/ And of course there's PM's server, which is up at more random times, because of his internet. =PAlso, I got these screenshots last night; apparently my character hallucinates a lot. =PLink to all seven very weird screens.On a side note, the last screenshot has something very interesting that I didn't notice last night; look at what's on the left set of legs. =P

As I said last night, there should absolutely be a potion that scrambles all textures for the user.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I once had a texture pack problem in which all wood was invisible. I used this on Nav's server to make a giant mushroom "invisible" and then hide in it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Anyone happen to know how to make semi-transparent portions of the accessory section of the skin file? I'd like to have a visor, but as of right now, I have to manually change that. =P

Minecraft skins do not support semi-transparency. You can make something fully transparent, but anywhere other than the in the accessory section that will result in a black area that's unaffected my the lighting.

Some people have tried faking semi-transparency though, by essentially combining the semi-transparent colour with the colour that's underneath it on the head-layer. However, that obviously only works properly from one angle.

iquXD5X.png

I'm back. And ple.ase add me to tghe group pm

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Any good servers? WITH keepInventory?

(look i really love keepinventory.dont judge me k?)

And Tp?

Cos' I like them commands. Lots.

Also, not to brag I once found about 20 dismonds in a few hours.:P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

The new Minecraft Realms feature looks pretty cool. Unfortunately it doesn't really help us, as it's essentially a Hamachi Minecraft server for people who don't have Hamachi (you can only invite 4 people), and it costs money. :( I suppose it helps people who don't have a very good computer, or who want to use their RAM for things other than hosting a server (even if it's just for 4 people).

banner.jpg

I actually play Minecraft on Xbox. And even though it updates less, it's still really fun. I have an awesome server me and my friends play on. I'd post screenshots, but I don't have any. Also, for those who watch Yogscast, you should use the seed 68954012663... For those who have seen the Minecraft Christmas video by them will get the reference. :P

Timothy_Omundson540x300-thumb-540xauto-7

I actually play Minecraft on Xbox. And even though it updates less, it's still really fun. I have an awesome server me and my friends play on. I'd post screenshots, but I don't have any. Also, for those who watch Yogscast, you should use the seed 68954012663... For those who have seen the Minecraft Christmas video by them will get the reference. :P

I'm listning to it right now. Call me a fangirl if you will. :P

You seen the Tekkit episode where Sjin blows up the world with Duncans nuclear reactor? Remember the red-matter bomb that could've ate the server? And Lewis just plonked a torch down?

----

Back on topic, I found a stronghold today! Only a few hundred blocks away from spawn. I'll get the seed and Co-ords if I can. :) Right under a desert village too. :P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I'm listning to it right now. Call me a fangirl if you will. :P

You seen the Tekkit episode where Sjin blows up the world with Duncans nuclear reactor? Remember the red-matter bomb that could've ate the server? And Lewis just plonked a torch down?

----

Back on topic, I found a stronghold today! Only a few hundred blocks away from spawn. I'll get the seed and Co-ords if I can. :) Right under a desert village too. :P

Lol I haven't. I'll have to go see it.

Timothy_Omundson540x300-thumb-540xauto-7

I'll be sure to log on before the fireworks show, so I can see what I helped create.

In the meantime, I'm having to gather 18 freaking stacks of cobble for a Norman village. I'm only bothering with the Normans right now because my local Japanese village needs plain timber frames, so I need to get a Norman village to the point where it can produce those.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom