A certain leak source diverged a lot of information that has recently been proven accurate. Fairy type, Flying battles, the first Gym being Bug type, greater accessibility to EV and IVs.....it also mentioned that Mewtwo would get two alternate forms, not just one, and that both would be activated by items. Since that all was true I guess...there's going to be a new new Mewtwo design.

AXKP5KC.png

... You don't think that if we were getting a Sound type that, you know, the Flying/Dragon-Type that already has part of "noise" in its name would be the one to introduce the concept? :3

I actually like the idea of a Fairy-Type, to be honest. Mixes things up a bit more, and besides, when you consider how many dragons get defeated in fairy tales, the type advantage makes sense, no? :P

Well they are releasing info bit by bit. So maybe they only wanted to release one new type instead of two. And Noivern is a Flying/Dragon type. Flying has always been a secondary type. So Flying might just be temporary and its actually a Sound/Dragon type.

But I guess we will have to wait for more things Pokémon related to be released.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

But they've explicitly said it's a Flying/Dragon and that its signature move is Normal type. Sound isn't happening this generation.I don't understand the fixation of much of the fandom with Light, either. Most if not all hypothetical Light types could easily be placed in Electric, Normal or the new Fairy type.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well Rats. Then I wonder what types Xerneas and Yvetal will be then. Maybe Grass/Fairy for Xerneas and Dark/Flying for Yvetal.

Sound type would work. There are plenty of sound based Pokémon moves. And a few sound based Pokémon. Question is what would it be effective against and what would it be weak to.

As for Fairy type. I'll be that Dragon isn't the only type its super effective against. It might be super effective against dark types and ghost types. If only to remove Sableye and Spritomb's no weakness.

So Gardevoir got retyped, too? That's interesting. Speaking of which, I wonder how Psychic and Fairy interact. I'm gonna bet that Psychic would be super-effective on Fairy, to help improve the Psychic type somewhat. Ghost could also use a boost, as could Poison. Dark and Bug might be not very effective to differentiate Fairy from Psychic.

Also, who wants to speculate on the other retyped Pokemon? My guess would be the Chansey line, Togepi line, Clefairy line, Skitty line, Bellossom, and possibly the likes of Illumise and Volbeat. Another one that occurred to me is Vulpix, but now I'm thinking that perhaps Fennekin will evolve into Fire/Fairy instead.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I like that Sableye and Spiritomb have no type weaknesses--that's their entire gimmick, and without it they're quickly eclipsed by other Pokemon.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Bit new to breeding, but I'm trying to breed a nice Lotad with leech seed as an egg move and using two Lotads as parents since it says it should work with them. I have hatched seven eggs already with no leech seed on any, am I missing something?

I'm just ToaD

Bit new to breeding, but I'm trying to breed a nice Lotad with leech seed as an egg move and using two Lotads as parents since it says it should work with them. I have hatched seven eggs already with no leech seed on any, am I missing something?

Having the father know leech seed is the best way for the baby to get it as an egg move. If both parents know leech seed. Then the baby will get it as an egg move.

The father must know Leech Seed. Doesn't matter what species the father is so long as it's in the same egg group.~So Clauncher looks pretty great. It would be a true tragedy if he didn't evolve into a Water/Fire type, as he's based on the pistol shrimp, famed for being able to kill fishies through the sheer speed of the water it shoots from its claw. Also that water can be, like, thousands of degrees so Fire kind of makes sense, and it'd be cool to see a monster of that type.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

So Clauncher looks pretty great. It would be a true tragedy if he didn't evolve into a Water/Fire type, as he's based on the pistol shrimp, famed for being able to kill fishies through the sheer speed of the water it shoots from its claw. Also that water can be, like, thousands of degrees so Fire kind of makes sense, and it'd be cool to see a monster of that type.

I don't know; I think Gamefreak's probably going for Water/Steel since "Pistol shrimp" implies metal and usually Gamefreak goes for more... obvious type choices... =/

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of Water/Fire, but when we overspeculate...

---

Also, apparently from the insider information, Mawile is retyped with the Fairy add on. It's not confirmed yet, so I would take it with a grain of salt until sources confirm.

I think I saw in a Pokemon Sunday video a girl cosplaying as a Sylveon, where the other members are trying to test for her weaknesses/strengths. They gave her nunchucks but she was inept at them. She broke a block of ice. The members thought she was a steel type based on that information (weak to fighting and strong against ice), so they made her smell stinky socks (poison). Surprisingly to them, "sylveon" reacted badly to them.

So, given that the new eeveelution is fairy typed, it's apparently not effective against fighting, strong against ice (how?), and weak against poison.

Perhaps Gamefreak wants to buff the Poison type. Too bad GF apparently hates the Ice type.

--==My MOCs==--

Hello Sirs,

I have a question for you...

I recently got into pokémon again, and realised I missed a lot of awesome events, now I'd like to get them. I remember myself getting a shiny pichu( for the spikey one) by putting a code in the settings of my wifi. Hower I can't find instructions for that anymore. Can anyone of you help?

I'm back!

So Clauncher looks pretty great. It would be a true tragedy if he didn't evolve into a Water/Fire type, as he's based on the pistol shrimp, famed for being able to kill fishies through the sheer speed of the water it shoots from its claw. Also that water can be, like, thousands of degrees so Fire kind of makes sense, and it'd be cool to see a monster of that type.

I don't know; I think Gamefreak's probably going for Water/Steel since "Pistol shrimp" implies metal and usually Gamefreak goes for more... obvious type choices... =/

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of Water/Fire, but when we overspeculate...

---

Also, apparently from the insider information, Mawile is retyped with the Fairy add on. It's not confirmed yet, so I would take it with a grain of salt until sources confirm.

I think I saw in a Pokemon Sunday video a girl cosplaying as a Sylveon, where the other members are trying to test for her weaknesses/strengths. They gave her nunchucks but she was inept at them. She broke a block of ice. The members thought she was a steel type based on that information (weak to fighting and strong against ice), so they made her smell stinky socks (poison). Surprisingly to them, "sylveon" reacted badly to them.

So, given that the new eeveelution is fairy typed, it's apparently not effective against fighting, strong against ice (how?), and weak against poison.

Perhaps Gamefreak wants to buff the Poison type. Too bad GF apparently hates the Ice type.

Ice should get a buff. There are two types that should be weak to ice but aren't. Water and Bug. Cold freezes water and Bugs die in winter.

I would agree about Bug, but Bug is already suffering enough with Stealth Rock. Really, Ice just needs a defensive buff. It should be resistant to Water, at least, and maybe Grass.The more reliable rumor says Fairy doesn't have a special interaction with Ice, but another one says Fairy is super effective against it. That would be terrible.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I would agree about Bug, but Bug is already suffering enough with Stealth Rock. Really, Ice just needs a defensive buff. It should be resistant to Water, at least, and maybe Grass.

Well, Grass once was not very effective against Ice, but that was in Gen I...

Even then, I think Grass already suffers so much offensively that I think adding another Grass-resist will weaken it more.

I recently got into pokémon again, and realised I missed a lot of awesome events, now I'd like to get them. I remember myself getting a shiny pichu( for the spikey one) by putting a code in the settings of my wifi. Hower I can't find instructions for that anymore. Can anyone of you help?

I don't know if this is right, but the "code" seems to me like a WEP/WPA key that is essentially the router's password. I'm pretty sure the DS will walk you through the connection process and once it prompts you to enter the WEP/WPA key, you have to enter whatever the password for that router is.

If the WEP key is not what you're referring to, then it's either things such as the IP Address/DNS/Gateway IP, or something out of my knowledge... =/

--==My MOCs==--

Guys, can you help me? I just traded one off my games for a pokemon game from my friend. When I trie to play it on my DSiXL it wont work, its says an error message. Also, all off my other DS games work fine. Any tips on making it work?

EDIT: Also. pm me if you know the issue. Remember that it used to work on my friends DS (not sure which kind) and I just got it. Thanks!

Just caught Kyeruem! Beat Cynthia with a level 96 Altaria. Now its lvl 100. o.O

Edited by helryx280

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

In other news, my Lotad breeding has now earned me a box full of them. Some do have leech seed but trying to get it with the right nature I want Isn't happening, is there a trick that I could get a parents nature if its what I want?

I'm just ToaD

• 2 weeks later...

I beat the elite 4 again. With a dragon lvl 100 i got by trading. Yup, Alders too easy.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

New pokemon. Ghost/Steel type name Monorpale in france and Hitotsuki in japan. Shaped like a sword. Seems to have a sheathed and unsheathed form.

http://p.twipple.jp/PFowD

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I hope he gets a good english name, like "Slaymore" or "Hexcalibur". But judging by what we've seen so far... "Ghosword" is all too likely.

Well if it does end up getting a name like Ghosword. We can always nickname it. Though I hope Hexcaliber is its English name. It rolls of the tounge nicely

The official site has confirmed the pokemons english name to be "Honedge".

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I got Reshriam in a pack. I have the luck of Giratina.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

I got a bag full of cards today and there were 6 Squrtles, 6 bulbasaurs and a few charmanders. Oh, and a shiny vaoreon. And Lots of energys. :D Only 2 eletrics thoigh. Oh, and a few promo pikachus. All that because I couldn't find a gameboy to play Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening on.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

HELLO Pokemon topic, I come here with a question.

Okay, so I recently bought a copy of Pokemon Platinum online. I haven't received it yet, but I've been talking with some friends on other sites about it and one of them insists that you can't trade through the wi-fi on Gen IV games (or at least, not anymore). I can find nothing on the internet to support this claim, but he's adamant about this, (and I'm a total newb about Pokemon, especially the DS titles), so I really don't know.

So is that true, or is he just terribly misinformed?

AXKP5KC.png

HELLO Pokemon topic, I come here with a question. Okay, so I recently bought a copy of Pokemon Platinum online. I haven't received it yet, but I've been talking with some friends on other sites about it and one of them insists that you can't trade through the wi-fi on Gen IV games (or at least, not anymore). I can find nothing on the internet to support this claim, but he's adamant about this, (and I'm a total newb about Pokemon, especially the DS titles), so I really don't know. So is that true, or is he just terribly misinformed?

Terribly misinformed. While there may not be many people LEFT to trade with, there certainly isn't anything stopping you from trading with the people that are still there.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."