Skakdi

{Con Quy}

Did anyone else think that the Skakdi/Piraka were as cool as I thought they were, I loved the glow in the dark teeth, glowing eyes, double sided weapons, also; anybody else wish they would have made more?

Yeah they were great! I only have 2 Reidaks though, I wish I had more.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

The only thing I really disliked about them were their torsos. As far as pre-made torsos go, I really didn't like them. They didn't have the same type of versatile connection points that the Inika torso had.Overall ... pretty good, though. Not my favorite line of sets, but not the worst either.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The only thing I really disliked about them were their torsos. As far as pre-made torsos go, I really didn't like them. They didn't have the same type of versatile connection points that the Inika torso had.Overall ... pretty good, though. Not my favorite line of sets, but not the worst either.

I thought the Piraka build WAS the Inika build! Just without the armour piece on the chest. Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I thought the Piraka build WAS the Inika build! Just without the armour piece on the chest.
The Piraka torso is not the Inika torso. The Inika chest plates are not compatible with the Piraka torso parts.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

They are great sets, I got them all, including Vezon and Fenrakk, and an extra Reidak(though I think he was missing a few parts, but I think it was almost all of him, he was given to me, I can't complain), and the later Nektann set. Their design what somewhat simplistic, but unique, and very cool, they were also the first villains the heroes faced that actually were humanoid. The flip weapons were a neat idea, they were cool to have, the spines were cool, a very unique part of the set design, the Zamor Sphere launchers were also pretty cool. I also liked the glow teeth and light-up eyes, the first time Lego's tried something like that on Bionicles. Overall, they were pretty cool sets, with few drawbacks(and none of the drawbacks were a big enough deal to matter).

Edited by Jowm

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Did anyone else think that the Skakdi/Piraka were as cool as I thought they were, I loved the glow in the dark teeth, glowing eyes, double sided weapons, also; anybody else wish they would have made more?

Yeah they were great! I only have 2 Reidaks though, I wish I had more.
Feel like selling one? :P

I thought the Piraka build WAS the Inika build! Just without the armour piece on the chest.
The Piraka torso is not the Inika torso. The Inika chest plates are not compatible with the Piraka torso parts.
I know, but otherwise I see them as completely identical. All you do is replace one upper body piece with another and remove the chest place.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I thought they were amazing. Luckily, I was able to get Vezok(my fave), Hakann, Thok, and Avak, but not Zaktan and Reidak.

If I knew you IRL, I'd sell you Reidak XD.

Skadki were some of the best BIONICLE species.Too bad they only made 9(the bad guy promotion,and Vezon appeared in two sets).-CDP

Don't forget Nektann.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

I have to admit i really liked the skakdi but i wish they would have made the spine a bit different so that it did not restrict the head movement much. the other thing is i would have liked to see other skakdi with different powers. i would really really liked to have seen a Skakdi of gravity. I think they also made a huge good idea with the skakdi clawed feet. i did not care much for zaktans foot style but i like reidak's feet design. too bad we could not make custom molds so that new skakdi could be made.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I love the Piraka. 2006 was my favorite year, it was just so...awesome. The Piraka were such cool villains... I got Hakann, Avak, and Zaktan from some store (Target probably) and then got Irnakk at the LEGO Store in Disneyland on a trip to California. Looks like a pretty valuable set now, so I'm glad I got it when I did.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

• 2 weeks later...

By far my favorite villain team, though possibly tied with the '08 Makuta. Both storywise and setwise they were awesome, and seeing an advertisement for Piraka way back in January 2006 was what got me back into BIONICLE after a two-year hiatus.Especially when compared to the previous sets, the Piraka/Skakdi were unique. First of all, they were intelligent, unique villain characters, the first time this was seen (other than Teridax) in the series. As sets, the spines and face "enhancements" were interesting, a pity they stopped using the light-up feature after '06. Sure, the spines crimped poseability a bit, but they still worked well as sets. And the reversible weapons were just awesome.Zaktan is still one of my all-time favorite BIONICLE sets.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

i remember when the 2007 storyline came around and the piraka were now sea snakes i took a spare vezok spine and skull and cut off the side spines that would connect to the arms and that is how i made a piraka sea snake. yeah i know if they really made a set for them i bet they would be better but i had to work with what i had.i also must say i loved the power thok and avak had. i mean who wouldn't artificial life and the perfect prison greatest powers ever in my opinion.

Edited by Shadow Reaper

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I collected all six. They were pretty awesome, but they had a fair few flaws. The spine restricted a lot of head movement, so I ended up unpinning it at the back, just so they could look up. The asymmetrical arms were irritating and looked a fair bit silly, even worse when combined with the daft looking jutting forward heads. The light up eyes were awesome, but ruined by the "try me" function, which ended up with some unlucky person getting an Avak, which already had a slightly warped spine, with dull, lifeless eyes. Very, very annoying.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I'm surprised how many people didn't get them all. I usually tried to buy everything, though, so that may be why I have all 6.The Piraka were one of the coolest canister sets I had bought at the time (and the Inika went so well with them, too...) I think I have 10, (All 6 Piraka, extra Reidak and Vezok, Vezon, Nektann) though my Avak, Thok, and Hakann need replacements. I'll have to stop being lazy and do that someday soon.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

My favorite villain sets in my favorite year! Seriously they should have made an '06 movie instead of TLR / WOS. Their powers, personalities, and step-up evil-wise solidified them as my faves. Not to mention the creation of one of the best characters (VEZON!) in the story just makes them perfect. They just keep coming back for more, those Skakdi! I still have my six spines underneath Fenrakk in front of Kardas! Seriouskl the best villains around. The Barakki were just copies, and the Makuta are second-best, although somewhat more complex. The Piraka were just too darn fun!

Credit to Moist! from the Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the super sig!

confusingbanner3.gif

^The Chronicles of Chandu: ElementElites, Ivu, Equinox. An epic written by cylex7^

"I applaud your valiant ways in the face of futility." - Makuta Kazyx, CoC

Chapter 6 of CoC ElementElites is up!!! Please review!

i don't know i still really like the bohrok that is my favorite year 2002. but i do like the piraka they were the beginning of a new build style.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I saw a Zaktan in a store once, perfect to go with my Jaller. Only problem was...MY (CENSORED) MOM WAS WITH ME AND STOPPED ME FROM BUYING IT.

Parents are so @$:& ;):$3&&:$/&/)3.Hey, I made a ;)
Lol. No, just my mom. My dad buys all my cool stuff. (And when he doesn't buy them for me, he lets me use my money to buy them.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think six Piraka sets was enough, and I was a little disappointed when the glowing eyes finally started to dim/die on me. The double-sided weapons were a cool idea though, and it would've been interesting to see that implemented in other Dark Hunter sets, if Lego ever decided to make more.-Ced