The Friends System

Paleo

• 2 weeks later...

I befriend people if they want to be friends with me, and sometimes I'll just talk to members, friends or not. If they send me a friend request, I'll accept and send them one in return if I know them well and would like to speak to them more often. Usually I'll use it for the sake of being able to view friends' profiles, instead of searching for their name, plus so I can send messages to them through the quick-message system.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I pretty much started using it as soon as I got to BZP. I had a number of friends from other sites who were already here, so I thought I'd start with them to establish myself.I had a cleanout of my friends list the other day. Found a whole load of members who I don't even remember talking to... let alone looking up to. Ahh well, I guess I was young and naive :P-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

:kaukau: For some reason, I feel compelled to have a "Rule of Two" for my friends system. No more, no less. And people have been friends with me on and off throughout my time as a member. Right now, I don't understand why Snoopy82 is on that list, though. Turakii I can understand, although I haven't talked to her in over a year. I should really put EmperorWhenua on there again, since I took him off for a stupid reason to begin with...But yeah, a rule of two. I'm a Star Wars nerd. Get over it.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Whenever I add someone to the list and I don't actively talk to them, I constantly worry "What if they don't want me on their list and they're just being polite? What if they secretly hate my guts and lame jokes? What if it causes a chain reaction that blows up the server and enslaves us all in the forum archives where we'll have nothing to look up to but the eyes of our gear-headed tyrant as he forces us to fix all spelling and grammar mistakes in every post ever created?! D="Slightly exaggerating of course, but the general idea is still there. XP I guess that's a reason I don't add too many people, though. I add members who seem to have similar interests that I do, or people I think are awesome that I get along with as we visit a carnival and fight a balloon dragon. Though, when it's a member of the staff, I tend to be shy. XPStill, I accept anyone and everyone that wants to be on my friends list here. I love meeting new people, even if I've never heard of them before. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I'd have to say that my friends list is kind of a combination of people I've talked to, talk to a lot, or seem interesting. Mostly the first two.

^same

Whenever I add someone to the list and I don't actively talk to them, I constantly worry "What if they don't want me on their list and they're just being polite? What if they secretly hate my guts and lame jokes? What if it causes a chain reaction that blows up the server and enslaves us all in the forum archives where we'll have nothing to look up to but the eyes of our gear-headed tyrant as he forces us to fix all spelling and grammar mistakes in every post ever created?! D="[...]I guess that's a reason I don't add too many people, though. I add members who seem to have similar interests that I do, or people I think are awesome that I get along with as we visit a carnival and fight a balloon dragon. [...]

This literally made me laugh out loud. Twice. xD

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 3 weeks later...