R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

IC (Khan Kali)"Most of our scholars have come to the same conclusion. The storms themselves are quite interesting, to endure for so long before winking out so suddenly. From what I can tell, our two nations are quite similar in regards to our general technological level, the same goes for the....ah, others. Communication with them as not been extensive. Regrettable. It is very interesting nonetheless, that the storms vanished at this moment. It is...quite coincidental. If I were a religious man I would ascribe it to the will of a divine being." The Khan sighed. "I suspect questions regarding this will dog us for centuries to come."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Calasi"The scientists deal with the questions, but it's up to you and me to handle the facts. Our nations have met and you have, graciously, shared these islands with us. So what is to become of our states?"

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC (Khan Kali)The Khan nodded. He'd achieved his purpose sure enough, he'd gotten a measure of his counter-parts patience. As a Great Khan, he was constantly tested by the Clan Khans, and he, in return was constantly testing them. Such was the way of politics. "Indeed. I believe you wished to discuss the possibility of sharing these islands in the long-term?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"That would be ideal; these islands will eventually grow into stations where our ships and planes can stop to refuel on long journeys." Calasi said; the other half of the idea was still in the air: and re-arm in a firefight"If I could borrow an old idea from before my line unified my nation, we had something called an Embassy; essentially a place where ambassadors stayed within the territory of foreigners. Perhaps adapting the idea a touch, a place where diplomats from each of our countries could meet, here on this island."

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC Noble words, but the Khan detected the under current. "Perhaps. But this island is vital to my people's interests. I cannot give it up without my people gaining something in return." The message here was: You must have found other islands. Share them and we'll have a deal."

IC: N-6"Perhaps a defensive alliance? My nation's military is still fairly strong, as our last war was not twenty years ago and the chance of a split still loomed after that. I think, between the two of us, we could ensure that the other was safe from attack."

Edited by Grapple Wizard

-Rover

IC (Kali)"An interesting idea. Though you will understand if I am a bit reluctant to agree here and now. We still know comparatively little about each others nation. We have not even seen each others nations in fact. Perhaps an extended period of cultural exchange would suffice?"

IC:"I like this idea. There is a city in my nation, Galitea by name; I've opened it to visitation from foreigners, which so far includes the Stans, Anitalians, and your people."

Edited by Grapple Wizard

-Rover

IC (Khan Kali)So they had contacted other people. That at the very least, was confirmed. "That would be ideal. I will make the arrangements."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:Ande nodded. "So, how does one become Great Khan?"

-Rover

IC (Kali)"It is an old system. When an old Great Khan dies or when one steps down for various reasons, the people gather in the capital to elect a new leader. In practice, many do not come, and those that do don't always fit into the city. But thus far, it has worked."

IC:"Interesting, and I suppose something similar seems to be the norm in the world." Ande paused. "I was born into my role; the first and only child of the former Emperor and his wife, I was trained to lead almost from birth. Normally my parents would have, but..." Ande's voice trailed off and she looked down for a moment.

-Rover

IC (Khan Kali)The Khan nodded and felt the rather unpolitical urge to comfort this young Empress. "If it is any consolation, I am certain their daughter will lead their nation very well. The Khan who united our nation was born of tragedy himself. Exiled from his clan, forced to watch his mother starve and die. But it made him strong. That strength allowed him to unite our nation. To create ideas and institutions that have stood the test of time."

OOC: Especially young, she's only twenty four.IC:Calasi nodded, looking up. "And that is what my job is all about, and yours as well. I've forged a nation half in flames into Astaria as it stands today; what can meeting the outside world be to that?"

-Rover

IC (Khan Kali)"I do not know the answer to that question. But I have faith in my nations people. In it's ships and soldiers. I suspect you have the same faith in your nation. Our people have both known war in our history. Though many of your wounds are more recent. War, for all it's tragedy, has a way of showing a people what they are truly made of. Mine are made of steel. Strong, Unyielding in the face of adversity. I cannot tell you what your people are made of. Only you can answer that question."OOC: Hm. Will she be an Alexander or a Marie?Time will tell I suppose.

IC:Ande bit her lower lip, thinking for a moment. "My people are of Luna." She gestured up, using the High Astarian word. "The moon; vigilant and eternal, yet forever apart. Watching, waiting, for the day the world can change."

-Rover

OOC: The ice covering can be rather patchy and they have fur under it. If you are going to complain about that then start complaining about why I have any plants and animals at all.Wants to find a Jourmagund at some point.9-1980 RYIC: All of Fillion was open to visitors (provided they knew you were there of course). There may not have been many at present, but they were hoping that they would find more people to talk and trade with soon.Several more ships were sent out. Most of them only found more land encased in storms but one of the spotted open land of to the south-west of Fillion. Since no problems had been found with this method so far, they did what all the other exploratory ships had done when they found land, cruise up the coast until they found people.OOC: That would be Anitalia.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: The ice covering can be rather patchy and they have fur under it. If you are going to complain about that then start complaining about why I have any plants and animals at all.Wants to find a Jourmagund at some point.
OOC: It's still stupid and nothing anything would ever want to do to itself. Besides that, if it secretes the ice, then it's obviously going to go through the fur, thus making a very dead fuzzy popsicle.Having animals and plants is fine - maybe a few grasses, the occasional taiga-style tree, and moss in the summer, with birds, small mammals, and probably aquatic and semi-aquatic stuff like walruses and polar bears - but having animals that routinely commit suicide just because you think it would look cool is stupid.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Really? We're fighting about animals now?....Y'know, let's start fighting about the color of the sky. It's clearly green. :P

OOC: Hey, he felt the need to include an animal that is designed to fail.Also, a green sky would imply a non-oxygen-based atmosphere. That's not a road you want to go down.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Why do I get the feeling you had a bad day?In any case, I'll just say it has horns like that to avoid creating a giant argument over something that hardly matters, as much as I would like to say a few things.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOCTo be fair, creating an ice coating over yourself isn't exactly something a species evolves towards; even if it was genetically engineered that way by uberaliens, I'm fairly sure it'd be extinct within the decade.Because I'm going to be busy tomorrow, I'mma getting this out of the way today. Funding still doesn't start until tomorrow. IC [standast]The Order of the Starborn had not risen to power without making effects on the political scene. With the completion of the last of the massive thorium reactors that would aid in Stan energy production, the funding for the next ambitious plan of the age was being unfolded. While not internationally announced (the Senate saw no reason why the foreigners should be told everything), Stan traders were sure to spread the news. The Stans were going to the moon; a massive undertaking to say the least, it would require all their scientific expertise could offer and more. It would serve as a political and religious statement, showing that the Age of Starborn had well and truly began. Appropriate civilian and military funding was diverted, and intense work began for this project of the millennium. OOCUpon being freed up tomorrow, 400 IP devoted to Project Moonborn for six weeks. Moonshots are now much more appropriately expensive this time around.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Never saw a reply to my last post, so I'll assume the Varangians have come aboard the Waalrusaan hovercraftIC: A table was laid out in the hall and food brought forth. It was only the basic rations you'd find on a long-distance ship, salted beef, dry bread and tinned food, but it was something. The captain gestured to one side of the long table for the Varangians to sit, so they could enjoy the homely meal and try to understand each other

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Larger post incoming. Busy)A small colony was completed on L-10. Another colonization call was put out on L-11.OOC: Shame. I'm working on a few things right now. A longer post describing the colony will be included.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:The Astarian outpost in P-11 was, so far, a simple thing; a few dozen wooden buildings, several more tents. People were slowly trickling in from the mainland, and the Order of Dominion was registering land purchases at breakneck speed; the area would be developing soon.In Galitea, the foreigners were being exposed to the luxuries of a prosperous tropical nation; coffee, chocolate, coke, pineapples, mangos, and cane sugar were all unheard of outside Astaria, and delicious. But most resonant with foreigners was the night life; clubs added signs in poorly spelled Anitalian, Stan, and Bylantian; there was a little something for everyone, from rhythmic electronica to anvil-clanging industrial to good old hard rock, and even one place which had much more classical ballroom dancing. The occasional musical swordfight wasn't unheard of, but they tended to be more in-street or concert centric events.

-Rover

OOCAll unheard of? Hah. The Astarians are going hate the Kisserans.IC [Astaria]The occasional Stan tourist would of no doubt caused a scene in the Astarian nightlife. Drinking hard and not really caring for foreigner conventions, Stan tourists were more likely than not ending up in the drunk tanks of Astaria until they could be deported. It was quickly figured out however that Stans simply couldn't stand Astaria during the day; living for ages in the cold mountains, Stans had adapted to the colder climate but at the cost that in this much warmer world, they couldn't tolerate anything above seventy degrees, or eighty for the lowlanders.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Galitea would actually have a much colder climate than most of Astaria, similar to San-Francisco. 90 degree heat is considered pretty hot.

-Rover

OOCStill enough to make many Stans want to hide indoors with the AC cranked up to a cool fifty degrees.

voidstars.png

OOC: Sixty to seventy would be the norm...*scrolls up to check Silvan's post for which month it is*Since it's currently September, in game, it'd be pretty tolerable for them.

-Rover

OOCI guess Galita is in the southern portions of Astaria then, and not at the equator?

voidstars.png

OOC: Yeah, it is; probably why it was chosen.Funny, I came up with the name on the spot to sound Greco-Roman and explain the Greek language influence on Astarian(English) Turns out Galitea is one of (I think) Neptune's moons.

-Rover

IC(Harushima, L-21)The patrol leader holstered his pistol and smiled. As long as these people would treat the land as Kiserre's, he had no problem with them. He nodded to the Anitalian, essentially giving permission for the other men to land.OOC: When can we timeskip?IC(Yuropa, N14)By this point, a fairly large colony port town had sprung up on the northern tip of the island claimed by Kiserre half a year ago. The town, named Yuronomon, would serve as the primary staging point for all Kiserran explorers looking to Yuropa. One of the first exploration teams had already set off across the strait to the Yuropan mainland, where they would rest up at a minor farming town before setting off west along the coast.OOC: Basically officially establishing a colony in N14 (really should have done this earlier) and calling dibs on N13.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: The Anitalian colony had gotten off to a good start, and the coast areas around it were claimed. IC: The Fillion ship was greeted and asked to come ashore.IC: The men came onshore at the Kiserran island, greeting the foreigners with many salutes and smiles.OOC: Whenever, Koth.With school and football this is getting very difficult to keep up with.... I'm considering taking a hiatus.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: What with one thing, and another, and a few more, I've had a spot of trouble finding enough time to reply.IC: While the rations were the usual fare for the Waalrusaans, many of them - such as the beef, and bread that appeared to be made from something other than potatoes - were quite new to their Varangian guests, who removed their hoods and protective face-masks as they sat down to the meal. The beef in particular was the cause of some amount of conversation between the Varangians, who agreed that it wasn't seabird, but was also quite unlike goat or fish. The bread, they decided, was a bit dull, though this wasn't exactly unusual for maritime rations.Actually, once the matter of the beef had been gone over a couple of times, the source of most of the conversation was the simple fact that they were dining, in a hall, aboard a strange ship crewed by people who had yet to speak anything but gibberish.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Nýfundna]The colony in Nýfundna had been established some time ago and was dubbed Frjósöm Lönd, but because Humva forgot about it had been rather quiet. At the moment it was mainly a few developing cities and an absolute ton of farms. Seriously, there were farms everywhere. It was worse than Kansas. Wheat farms primarily, but there was the occasional bit of potato or fruit trees, though for the latter it was unlikely any serious production would come for decades. The problem with farming something that takes twenty years to grow.

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

11-1980 RYIC: The supplies and people had been gathered and Fillion planted its first colony.The crew of the hydrofoil guessed that they were being ushered in and followed the signals. They had received the report of the last first contact scenario and would be going at least partially off of that.Once they got to the dock, they lowered the gangplank and waited at the top of it to be invited ashore from their hosts.OOC: Colony at C7

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:The Order of Exploration, after some extensive surveying of the area, had decided on the prime location for the new colony. There was no shortage of volunteers to explore these strange new lands. N-13 was shortly colonized.Much of the surrounding area, in fact the majority of what had been dubbed the Southern Peninsula, for lack of a better term, was in the process of being surveyed; flags were planted on landmarks like mountains, so they'd be impossible to miss by anyone who looked. Military bases were put under construction, to cement the intent behind the message.Funding to Project Reverene was reduced. Meanwhile, the military began putting a large amount of funding towards developing the Q-10 Military Base into a Forge City; the basic concept was simple; a city designed for warfare and production from the ground up. The necessary specialists were hired, and the process of turning a small military base into a full-blown military city.[iR:

TerritoriesO-8: Super Province(80 IP)N-7: Super Province(80 IP)O-9: Super Province(80 IP)O-7: Super Province(80 IP)P-8: Super Province(80 IP)[MYSTERY PROVINCE]: Super Province(80 IP)P-11: Outpost(0 IP)[1/7]N-13: Outpost(0 IP)[1/7]Q-10: Military BaseM-4: Land ClaimM-11: Land ClaimN-11: Land ClaimN-12: Land Claim, Military Base(Under Construction)O-11: Land Claim, Military Base (Under Construction)O-12: Land ClaimO-13: Land Claim, Military Base(Under Construction)P-12: Land ClaimTotal IP: 480Projects:Project Reverene(50)[15/55]Project Aveline(50)[15/70]Building Thorium Reactors(200)[15/21]2 Military Bases under construction(10)[6/7]8 Boa APCs(1)[1/7]8 Boa APCs(1)[1/7]8 Boa APCs(1)[1/7]5 Viper RATs(5)[1/7]5 Viper RATs(5)[1/7]5 Viper RATs(5)[1/7]5 Viper RATs(5)[1/7]5 Viper RATs(5)[1/7]Upgrading the Q-10 Military Base(56)[1/7]3 Military Bases Under construction(15)[1/7]IP Use: 408Standing Military15 P-11 Crusaders(15 IP)25 Viper Tanks(5 IP)1 Kalrecht(10)2 Unallocated Logistic Points(20)1 Aerial Logistic Point(10)[6/14]1 Military Base(1)Cost: 61Total IP Use: 469/480
Edited by Grapple Wizard

-Rover

OOC: IP Report. and uh, Humva, does what you told me regarding settlements still apply?PROVINCES TO BE NAMED.Province 1 (Super, 80 IP)Province 2 (Super, 80 IP)Province 3 (Super, 80 IP)Province 4 (Super, 80 IP)Province 5 (Super, 80 IP)Province 6 (Super, 80 IP)N-6 (Military base, under construction)M-5 (Military Base, under construction)L-6 (Military base, under constriction)L-10, colonyL-11 (Three days)Total: 480 IPBuilding:2x Guyuk batchs (15 IP, Four days)2x Chaghatai batch (5 IP, One days)1x Tolui (1 IP, One days)1x Batu Batch (1 IP, Three days)Military bases (3, 15 IP, one week)1 Air LP (One week, 10 IP)IP USE: 37 IPResearch/National Projects:Project Forward Leap, 300 IP, Five weeks One days25 IP into Project Glowing First. Two days10 IP into Project Khan's Forge Two daysIP USE: 333 IP.Standing forces:Various Battalions.4x Guyuks (10 IP)1x Borte Patrol Boats (5 IP)6x Batu's (1 IP)6x Chaghatai Tanks (2 IP)9x Jochi Moduler's (3 IP)Remaining IP: 137 IP

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: Uh, Basilisk, could you point me to the post where you started working on the military base in L-5?

-Rover

OOC: Uh, just now. I've had troops there for awhile. I mentioned it awhile back.First mentioned here.http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3300&st=5520&do=findComment&comment=389869

Edited by Basilisk