R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

IR:

TerritoriesO-8: Super Province(80 IP)N-7: Super Province(80 IP)O-9: Super Province(80 IP)O-7: Super Province(80 IP)P-8: Super Province(80 IP)[MYSTERY PROVINCE]: Super Province(80 IP)P-11: Outpost(0 IP)Q-10: Military BaseColonization Call: 1/7Total IP: 480Projects:Kalrecht(50)[8/14]{Double Province Project}Project Reverene(100)[9/35]Project Aveline(50)[9/70]Building Thorium Reactors(200)[9/21]IP Use: 400Standing Military15 P-11 Crusaders(15 IP)25 Viper Tanks(5 IP)3 Logistic Points(30)1 Military Base(1)Cost: 51Total IP Use: 451/480
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: The patrol crew felt that they recognized the point of gesturing to each member of the strange ship's crew and then saying their name - obviously, they were giving ranks, so as to establish protocol. It did seem a bit odd that everyone on the craft seemed to have a unique rank, but, considering the oddness of the code they had used, it wasn't too surprising.Following suit, each member of the patrol crew was indicated in turn, and their ranks were given as they were pointed at.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: These Årvåkenhet (Årvåkenhets? Årvåkenhetese? Årvåkenhetois?) were a strange people. So many of them had the same name. Behind the captain, the crew started to murmur amongst themselves, whispering that maybe these new people were like insects, a hive with little in the way of individuality.When the captain heard these, he barked an order for them to be quiet. It was impolite to judge someone purely based on their name. How many Mursassons were there in Arctungaad after all? Besides, they only had four limbs, they clearly weren't insects.He tried to mime food and drink, an attempt to invite these Årvåkenhet aboard to share in a meal

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: After some debate regarding whether the person on the other craft was trying to signal something or just having a seizure, and if it was a signal, what it meant, it was decided that it probably had something to do with food, and might have even been an invitation. After a brief pause in which the anchor of the Årvåkenhe was lowered into the water, most of the crew made their way across to the other craft.OOC: A quick note on the obvious, that being the Kustbevakning maritime uniform - very heavy, it includes a woolly hood, a face mask, and inordinate amounts of the color grey.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Similar for the Waalrusaan. Thick fabric with a long greatcoat of seal leather. The navy have a balaclava but dispense with the goggles worn by the army as its far too easy for to have your vision obscured by water droplets when wearing themIC: Apparently the request had been accepted. Well that was encouraging. The captain ordered a rope-ladder dropped so their new friends could board the craft and for a small meal to be prepared in the hovercraft's mess hall

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCThe Stan soldier uniform varies depending on the season; during the warmers portions of the year (when you can actually see highs in the 60s and low 70s), they wear a loose fitting grey long sleeved shirt and pants combo, usually with some form of bullet proofed vests and some padding for punches. Winter, they basically go for a warmer variation of the prior, with a tight fitting full body longcoat on it for good measure. Goggles and face masks are dispensed for the appropriate circumstances.Naval uniform probably would be the same, though without face masks. Might change in the future.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Kiserran Legion work/combat uniform is either grey/black/brown camouflage for urban or arid areas or grey/green/brown camouflage for field/forest areas. The pattern is a splinter pattern similar to one of the old WW2 German patterns or the current Swedish pattern. The clothing is relatively light due to the high temperatures common throughout the year. Kevlar flakjacket and helmet is standard for combat troops, as are dust/wind goggles. Most gear is carried with a simple webbing system over the flakjacket and a large rucksack.Air and naval crews and noncombat personnel usually wear flat grey.

Edited by Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Astarian soldiers wear what look like pretty standard combat fatigues, generally in a mix of tans and greens, with kevlar hardcovers and helmets; there are options for watertight kevlar boots and gloves for swamp work(things are bitey there)

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCSince the whole Astarian and Anitalian conferences have ground to a halt, I'mma going forward.IC [standast]With its members back and reports given, the Council of Priests made a ruling on the nature of foreign nations; the three known nations at this time, the Fillons, Astarians, and Anitalians, all bore the signs of the supernatural. Until further notice the citizens of Standast were urged not to associate with them until more time to study and watch could be had, and traders would only be allowed in the port city of Berkujad. Imported goods would be thoroughly scanned, no doubt making them even more expensive, but such was the price of safety.Despite this, many a tourist wished to see the lands of the angels and demons, so every month a few hundred Stans would fly out to any willing of the three nations to see their cities and stare at the demonspawn. It was always good to go out with your children and teach them what's a demon and what isn't after all.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:The Stans, and anyone of any other nationality, who visited Astaria found the city of Galitea open and available to them; people had quickly learned foreign languages, and the world's first international tourism industry had sprung up.Of course, they were watched; the once withered Order of The Inquisition found themselves a new role in watching these foreigners.

Edited by Grapple Wizard

-Rover

OOC: I think it's in my first post after the reboot started...

-Rover

OOCI imagine that, due to the bloody mindedness of the Stans, Stanish is going be hard to speak by people for years to come. Doesn't help that their sentence structure is insane even by Nordic standards.IC [standast]The Intrepid had, for the time being, returned home and was in dock, prompt retrofits underway to cope with some unexpected issues found at the high seas. Tales of giant sea creatures continued in Standast, with the Institute of Marine Biology offering a million credit reward for someone who could bring in a living specimen.

voidstars.png

OOC: After dinner maybe. And I'll try to get my stuff up quickly; still have a troop unit waiting.

-Rover

OOC: Apologies for not really being active here; it's the first contact that gets me every time, apparently. =/-==IC: Atrana, northern party==-After a month or two of mass discussing, and getting linguists from Atranacore involved(Which were honestly very few there as well), the Atrana finally succeeded in being able to understand the people who they had just met."Well, what now?" The Atranan diplomat asked their counterparts where they were, curious about that.OOC: That'd be you, Lone, sorry for the delay. =/

8-1980 RYIC: Any Stan that came to Fillion was offered a suggestion to go see the ice fields and to look out for yeti.OOC: A yeti here is pretty much a very aggressive type of bear that excretes a fluid that freezes quickly, covering most of it;s body in half and inch of ice. For some reason or another it tends to get build up on it's head, making things that look like horns.@Humva, I don't think you ever got back to me about my ship.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOCBugger, where's the post in question?

voidstars.png

OOC: Sorry, I was talking about the ship profile I sent you.I don't have any other ships that I sent to you and I just assumed that I got time skipped with everyone else.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOCAh. My apologizes for taking forever on everything then. I'll try to get to it ASAP.

voidstars.png

IC: The Astarians on N-6 requested that the Great Khan come at some point soon that was convenient to him; Empress Calasi would be available.IC: Avalon"It's been a wonderful chat, ladies and gentlemen" Calasi said, standing; she paused for a moment, expecting everyone else to stand, then realized the foreigners wouldn't know that custom. "But I have urgent business to attend to; if you like, we can take you to Galitea, where we can establish points of contact, so our nations can discuss things without sending messengers."

-Rover

IC [standast]With satellite imagery, a good amount of stupid politicians, and numerous scientists demanding it, the Intrepid set sail for a southernly island with some cargo in tow. They would leave three scientists, a military officer, and a linguist on some islands they had found near the equator. This was to facilitate future expeditions to space. After dropping them off with enough supplies to last about a month before another seaworthy vessel came along to resupply, the Intrepid would set sail for the southernly islands, seemingly unconcerned about other civilizations at the equator.

voidstars.png

IC (The Great Khan)The Astarians were informed that the Great Khan was on his way, he would be waiting in one of the larger tents in the camp.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

8-1980 RYIC: Any Stan that came to Fillion was offered a suggestion to go see the ice fields and look out for yeti.OOC: A yeti here is pretty much a very aggressive type of bear that excretes a fluid that freezes quickly, covering most of it;s body in half and inch of ice. For some reason or another it tends to get build up on it's head, making things that look like horns.@Humva, I don't think you ever got back to me about my ship.
OOC: That's stupid. An animal in a cold climate doesn't want to cover itself in ice any more than an animal in a desert wants to stuff its mouth full of dust and then go sunbathing.(Also, I was disappointed to discover that Yeti does not, in fact, mean "that thing over there," as suggested by Neil Gaiman.)

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "I believe they may be the northern nation my people have recently contacted," said the Commander.IC: The Anitalian smiled, and guestured to the island they were on."Rhodos."He took a flag out of the boat, on a metal pole. It was primarily crimson and navy, with a gold eclipse.He walked next to the Kiserran flag, and held the Anitalian flag aloft, without placing it down. Keeping his eyes on the Kiserran, he slowly asked permission to plant the flag next to the Kiserran one, to share the island as equals.
IC:(Harushima, L21)The patrol leader shouted something in Otaman and pulled up his pistol level to the Anitalian's face."No, no!" shouted the Furan Kiserran, furiously shaking his head and waving his arms in a gesture to mean "no"."Cet île est le territroire de Kiserre et aucune autre."(This island is the territory of Kiserre and none other.)
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: N-6It was not long before Calasi arrived, and oh how she made a spectacle of herself.She arrived by boat, there being as of yet no airstrip on the island; when she arrived, Calasi wore a dress, in sharp contrast to what other Astarian woman had been seen wearing. Her eyes, molten orange and electric blue, contrasted against the black dress and her deep brown hair, but were accented by the bronze and lapis-lazuli necklas she wore. Other than that, she was bereft of jewely; her dress's skirt was narrow, and came down to her shins. From her waist hung a heavy bolt pistol, and a shortsword was slung across her back, the majority of the blade exposed. The blade itself had a storied history in the house of Acheron; the crossguard was ornate, displaying a pattern similar to dragonfly wings, the wings of a Reverene.The Astarians who had been on N-6 shortly heralded her arrival, leading her directly to the Khan.

-Rover

OOCAnd because I forgot in a hilarious fashion, the islands Standast is claiming is Q10. Though it's not so much claiming, because they didn't actually announce it to anyone. They're just sticking a few people there with the Stan flag and hoping demonspawn don't invade.

voidstars.png

IC: Q-10The Stans, upon dropping a group on the island, found the demonspawn already there; an Astarian linguist who'd been transmitted a basic dictionary of Stan language from the mainlaind greeted them, along with two squads of soldiers, and politely asked them to leave.

-Rover

OOCI'm assuming squad here is pretty small; moving whole battalions would require naval logistics. A dozen or two dozen troops, not so much. IC [Q10]Since the Intrepid hadn't gotten out of radio range yet, it promptly returned with a few enlisted soldiers and an younger linguist, who was attempting to convey the idea that the Stans wanted this place for scientific study, and that the scientists got grumpy when they didn't get what they wanted. Coincidentally, the three enlisted present also had guns, even though they were hideously outnumbered.

voidstars.png

IC: With no other words, the flag was passed back to the ship, while the Anitalian raised his hands in surrender."Si, si. Come si desidera."He guestured to the ship in the harbor, then mad made a walking motion, asking if the men could come ashore.OOC: I feel like I'm getting lost here...

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: As always for Astaria, a squad is ten men; one is a Sergeant, one Heavy Weapons Operator, one Special Weapons Operator, four men with Boltguns, and three men with Bolt-SMGs. The military base is garrisoned by ten squads, one Company.IC: Q-10The Astarians politely indicated that these two islands were theirs, and the base commander had no authority to share them; the request could possibly be taken up with the Order of Dominion.IC:Astarian flags were planted on the island in the center of M-4, and the island bisected by the line of L5/L6. Military bases were put under construction, and money was put towards building enough planes to quickly move troops.OOC: One LP into Aerial Logistics[1/14]

-Rover

OOCWait, there's a military base? Must be a row of tents and a landing strip, with your current state of logistics.IC [Q10]That presented a bit of a problem, but the linguist-turned-ambassador had no intentions of getting shot pushing the issue, but as still entitled to make sure Standast could get something out of this. So the reply was that five Stans would stay here, until further details could be worked out. The Intrepid would sail around nearby, gathering scientific data. There was the problem though that global communications were nonexistent; the Intrepid couldn't very well just sail back home and waste so much time and money.

voidstars.png

IC (N-6)The Khan's tent was surprisingly spartan. A few cushions lay about and a meal had been prepared for the visiting guests it consisted of the usual amount of fermented mare's milk and various other treats. The only other notable decoration was a large tapestry woven from the finest horses in the Great Khan's herd. This was his Soul Banner, and by extension, the Soul Banner of the entire land of Timur. The Khan himself was dressed in fairly ornate robes and garments, though he lacked the traditional head gear that came with his position, this island was a bit to humid for such displays. The only jewelry he sported was a fine diamond ring, one glance would be enough to tell one that it was old. Very old. Khan Kali Timur eyed his counter part with a kindly sparkle in his aging eyes and a grin on his lips. Behind this however, wheels were turning in his head. He could deduce a few details about the women merely from what she wore, unless she was trying to mislead him, which he admitted was quite possible. "Greetings Empress. Welcome to my travel-home. Please, take a seat."OOC: How much LP to support military presence (we'll say on battalion) on three islands?

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOCSo three separate bases? Idunno, three air or naval logistics, either one works. Sounds about right since there aren't any wars going on.I can see I'm going need to spend more time hammering the logistics system out.

voidstars.png

OOC: I was thinking a concrete building, and probably a dock as well.If I were to put 10 IP into O-10(on top of its one maintenance) how long would it take for it to be capable of producing units?It's not that I'm throwing money at empty logistics; that was just a chunk of my budget I set aside so I wouldn't use it on a project.IC: O-10The Stans would be allowed to stay, but if they wanted to establish a permanent presence on these islands it would have to be taken up with the Order of DominionIC: N-6Calasi bowed graciously to the Khan, speaking in his language "It is good to meet you." She sat in the indicated seat, doing her best to mimic the Khan's posture; she had to unbuckle her sword and lay it across her lap; noticeably, her eyes flicked about the room's decorations, lingering on the soul banner for a moment before settling on the man before her. "I do believe this is a first for both our histories, meeting the leaders of nations from beyond the storms."IR:

TerritoriesO-8: Super Province(80 IP)N-7: Super Province(80 IP)O-9: Super Province(80 IP)O-7: Super Province(80 IP)P-8: Super Province(80 IP)[MYSTERY PROVINCE]: Super Province(80 IP)P-11: Outpost(0 IP)[2/7]Q-10: Military BaseL-5/6: Land ClaimM-4: Land ClaimColonization Call: 2/7Total IP: 480Projects:Kalrecht(50)[9/14]{Double Province Project}Project Reverene(100)[10/35]Project Aveline(50)[10/70]Building Thorium Reactors(200)[10/21]2 Military Bases under construction(10)[1/7]IP Use: 410Standing Military15 P-11 Crusaders(15 IP)25 Viper Tanks(5 IP)2 Unallocated Logistic Points(20)1 Aerial Logistic Point(10)[1/14]1 Military Base(1)Cost: 51Total IP Use: 461/480
Edited by Grapple Wizard

-Rover

IC [Q10]Thankful for not getting shot, the five Stans went off to make camp while the Intrepid went off to conduct SCIENCE! and other such things. Eventually it'd work it's way up the coast of Nýfundna back towards Standast, much to the disdain of the scientists onboard.

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC (Khan Kali)"That is quite possible. But the records of the early days are...sparse at best. Biologically, our two peoples are similar enough. I'm sure our ancestors met at some point....though, whether they were truly human at that point is something I suspect, is up for debate. Our fossil records regarding most species in our land are quite detailed. Not so for our own ancestors. There is no trace of any true ancestor organism. Very odd." The Khan smiled and sipped his drink. "I'm sorry. I must be boring you. I am expected to know...just about everything regarding the land of Timur, so that I may govern it effectively."

IC:"Well, the natural conclusion in that case is that your people immigrated there, likely just before the storms rose, whenever that was." Calasi said. "I am just as expected to know everything about Astaria." The Empress allowed herself a smile. "One of these continents out there is the Cradle of Humanity, as our archeologists put it. We'll find it."

-Rover

OOCHooray, someone bothering with the origins of humanity in the world set up like a battle arena!This should be fun.

voidstars.png