Doctor Who. Official!

That password did strike me as being out of place. No one would come up with an acronym like that on the spot- it'd be something silly like "runny yellow custard beats apple risotto" (don't judge me I'm hungry). Likewise with the name "Oswin"... I don't think this necessarily implies that she's Dalek!Oswin, (because Oswin was also Victorian!Clara's middle name), but the fact that she came up with it herself during this episode does suggest that she has some sort of subconscious memory of her other lives. Clara being linked to/ a manifestation of the GI is looking like a good theory.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

So elsewhere on the internet someone noticed Clara's aversion to the number 3, or better yet the number 23 or the sequence of a 2 followed by a 3. She types in the wifi password as ''rycbar124" (skipping 23) and in the list of her age in her travel book it goes from 22 to 24.

Her birthday on the tombstone at the end of The Snowmen is November 23, 1866, and the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary is on the 23rd of November.

Commence freaking out.

-CF

(Want another freakout moment? The bells refer to the telephone ringing at the beginning, and St. John is the hospital name on the TARDIS.)

nexo_shields_9.jpg

CF: Hmm, that's a very good point, actually... I have to wonder about that now, then...Alyska: Now that you mention it, that is odd... It was before the whole 'clicking on wi-fi' thing too, though... Very odd.

Speaking of, Clara suddenly gaining "knowledge of computers in her head" by having her mind downloaded... nah, that didn't sit well with me. Just made for yet another companion that can mysteriously do everything. As if The Impossible Girl weren't mysterious enough already.

I think that was explained by the Sinister Wifi Company (did they have a name?) as part of a package they installed in her mind when they started downloading her. They wanted her to run servers so knowledge of computers was a necessity

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Yeah, at this point it seems like Clara is linked to the GI somehow. I've heard the theory that she's essentially a lure for the Doctor, and that whenever she dies a new version is 'deployed', which would be kind of neat and creepy.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So, the enemies for the 50th Anniversary special are....

ZYGONS. Who, conveniently, can shape-shift.

Knowing nothing of the Zygons...I was about to say "yay?" until I thought about it more.Knowing nothing of the Zygons - this is awesome! We need new alien enemies! It seems every time one of the old species is reintroduced (Cybermen, Daleks, Sontarans, etc.) they get wayyy overused. A new enemy species is most welcome in my book.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

They're new to the new series. Sort of like how Cybermen weren't knew, but the ones used in the new series totally were.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

But....they aren't new..... YOU DO CONFUSE ME SOMETIMES ET.

I meant...

They're new to the new series. Sort of like how Cybermen weren't knew, but the ones used in the new series totally were.

This.They're new to me, they're new to other new fans. They're "new." ;)Regardless, it'll be a refreshing change for me.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Doctor who rocks! I like this topic! My sister's a freak about it, drives me insane!

It's still cool, though (=

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

I had the best idea for an April fool's day prank that only came to me a few hours after 12:00pm on April 1st. Darn.

I was going to make a webcam video of myself saying "help me... I don't know where I am...", leave it running on loop on my technologically-inept mother's computer, then leave the house.

*Sigh*...oh well...

On the semi-bright side, our phone line got disconnected for a few days, so at least I got to walk around the house telling everyone I couldn't find the Internet.

... I pity my family sometimes...

Hahahaha; that would've been an awesome prank. xD Bonus points if, provided that got pulled off, that you decided to play a trick and change the background so that a 'wi-fi' search box was up there, with the 'access points' that were in the episode itself. That would've been amazing to witness, to be honest. xD Provided they had seen the episode. =PHah, nice. =P Did you reference the password thing at all?

And then there's the Great Intelligence making a return, and the old-style opening... This part of Series 7 is certainly seeming to be going old-school, in a way. =P And old Cybermen, I recall hearing?

Hahahaha; that would've been an awesome prank. xD Bonus points if, provided that got pulled off, that you decided to play a trick and change the background so that a 'wi-fi' search box was up there, with the 'access points' that were in the episode itself. That would've been amazing to witness, to be honest. xD Provided they had seen the episode. =P

Change the wallpaper? Oh, that's brilliant. I was trying to figure out how to make a fake window appear (was mentally writing an unnecessarily complex executable to recreate her desktop). But that would be just perfect...

Good episode, but one thing that bugged me-

the planet-god thing supposedly fed on the Doctor's memories... so... why does The Doctor still have his memories?

... does he still have his memories?

I think it most likely released the memories when it died(if it did...)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I enjoyed the episode, though the middle felt awfully muddled at times. I'm getting to like Clara more and more.Also, I'm starting to lose track of how many Moffat-era eps involve the idea of

stories and memories saving the day.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Alyska:

I think it ate them, but kept them intact. It's rather confusing, I must say, though Guurahk's theory would make sense too. But I don't think the Old God ever actually removed them; since the Doctor didn't go 'wait, who are you?' when Clara approached him.

@Blade- That does appear to be the case, but if it only took a copy of the memories, it wouldn't be considered a parasite/monster/soul-eater- it could maintain a peaceful symbiotic relationship with the rings' inhabitants without hurting anyone.

Speaking of which...

So, does the Queen of Years always get sacrificed to the planet-god? If that was the case I don't think the Doctor would stop by to watch the ceremony...

Another interesting thing about the episode- it's possible that The Doctor himself has suspicions about Clara being linked to The Great Intelligence, which is probably why he went back to trace her origins- he wanted to make sure she was a real human. Of course, that doesn't explicitly rule out the possibility that she is linked somehow (given that people can be hacked and biology can probably be manipulated), but at least he knows she's real.

While we're talking about "...looks like this... reminds me of that," I'm pretty sure the opening sequence was inspired by Up- especially with Clara's mum being named Ellie. Headcanon says her dad's name is Carl.

it was a gas giant planet. Although, the asteroids making up the rings could still be thrown seriously out of whack if the planet holding them in place suddenly vanished.

That's the thing about The Doctor. He saves the day, but he always leaves a big mess for somebody else to clean up afterwards.

Same reason the Great Intelligence now has a face- it's been absorbing the memories of humans (well, humanish aliens) for a long time, and, well, you are what you eat. It may not be conscious of it, but it's inherited a few traits from the creatures it feeds on, and therefore has a tendency to anthropomorphosize itself to a certain extent.

Not to spoil things, but... Cold War was awesome.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )