Ninjago Topic

PowerMiner

Just saw episode 8...

Apparently Garmadon becomes good again! He also has the ability to create golems.

Are you sure that is episode 8? The description I posted barely leaves any room for Garmadon to return.

~Gata. ;)

Yes, the title screen in the video says episode 8. I found it on the infamous video sharing website (although it isn't complete and it's in Korean).

Also the description for episode you posted earlier is somewhat inaccurate; Jay gets injured by the fang before he goes out.

Funny though that episode 6 and 8 are up already, yet 7 isn't :blink:

Just saw episode 8...

Apparently Garmadon becomes good again! He also has the ability to create golems.

Are you sure that is episode 8? The description I posted barely leaves any room for Garmadon to return.

~Gata. ;)

Yes, the title screen in the video says episode 8. I found it on the infamous video sharing website (although it isn't complete and it's in Korean).

Also the description for episode you posted earlier is somewhat inaccurate; Jay gets injured by the fang before he goes out.

Funny though that episode 6 and 8 are up already, yet 7 isn't :blink:

You must have saw episode 11 "All of Nothing", because that's when he plays an important role that fits your description. Lord Garmadon doesn't appear again until episode 10 "The Green Ninja".

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

You must have saw episode 11 "All of Nothing", because that's when he plays an important role that fits your description. Lord Garmadon doesn't appear again until episode 10 "The Green Ninja".

As I said before, I saw episode 8, not 11. The title screen clearly says episode 8 and the events in that episode do not match what episode 11 says. And Garmadon appears at the end of episode 7...

I wouldn´t be surprised if the falcon actually IS Lord Garmadon in some sort of new incarnation he has adopted to sneak on the ninja and lead them as he chooses (you know, if Makuta could do that, why not him? :P). If the Green Ninja is indeed Lloyd, the dream with the falcon landing on his arm would make sense then, although it could still be the representation of Zane; the nunchucks being that of Jay, the fire in the Green Ninja´s hands that of Kai and the strength that of Cole.

~Gata. ;)

Like Teridax in Maxilos. But, in the sets, Garmadon appears as a four-armed monster. Perhaps it's an alternate form to remove suspicion?Also, what do you think of the Great Devourer? Is it the big snake in the set Epic Dragon Battle? And since the Serpentine tombs are spread out in the shape of the snake symbol, could the Great Devourer be that symbol, sleeping underground?

aouROFb.png

Yeah, that's the Devourer in the EDB. I mean, what else could it be. The Devourer is the only giant snake we know of.And that would be one big snake if that's where the snake symbol came from. I doubt this is the case just due to the sheer size of it, but it would be pretty cool.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

...could the Great Devourer be that symbol, sleeping underground?

Wouldn't that be just about the same thing as the great spirit Mata Nui being buried under the island of Mata Nui? :PYes, it is the Great Devourer. It was confirmed at Toy Fair 2012. Also, it fully resembles the statue of the Great Devourer in the Lost City of Ouroboros that was seen in "The Snake King".

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Just saw episode 8...

I don't believe that, not because it doesn't fit with the descriptions we've read, but because

I don't believe Garmadon would turn good. He might pretend to do so to fool the ninja, or he might perform an act which could be perceived as good, but I don't think Garmadon turns good this year any more than Teridax did in 2007 BIONICLE. Garmadon, like Teridax, has shown himself to be capable of making what seems like a victory for the "good guys" advance his own evil schemes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Just saw episode 8...

I don't believe that, not because it doesn't fit with the descriptions we've read, but because

I don't believe Garmadon would turn good. He might pretend to do so to fool the ninja, or he might perform an act which could be perceived as good, but I don't think Garmadon turns good this year any more than Teridax did in 2007 BIONICLE. Garmadon, like Teridax, has shown himself to be capable of making what seems like a victory for the "good guys" advance his own evil schemes.

Good point. Also, he could do a good act, but not necessarily for the ninja. I'm pretty sure this is how it will go:

Garmadon returns. He saves Lloyd from being eaten by the Serpentine.

It makes sense to me, and if he were to do that, it could be perceived easily as him becoming good.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Just saw episode 8...

Good point. Also, he could do a good act, but not necessarily for the ninja. I'm pretty sure this is how it will go:

Garmadon returns. He saves Lloyd from being eaten by the Serpentine.

It makes sense to me, and if he were to do that, it could be perceived easily as him becoming good.

when he is actually saving his son for fatherly reasons(most probably NOT!)

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

I imagine Lord Garmadon does have a fatherly instinct towards Lloyd. He's not completely inhuman, after all, even if he's chosen to follow his own dark ambitions.

I think he will also be proud of all Lloyd has accomplished, since he unleashes all the Serpentine and becomes the Green Ninja. Even if Lord Garmadon doesn't want the Serpentine awakened, and we're not sure that he doesn't, I think the accomplishment itself would be something Lord Garmadon would admire.At the same time, once it becomes apparent that Lloyd is in fact joining the Ninja, Lord Garmadon will probably become quite angry that his son has "gone soft". Not angry enough not to care about his son, though. Even if Lloyd isn't aligned with his father morally, he is Lord Garmadon's progeny, and as a dark ruler he'd want him to remain alive at least in the hopes that in time he'd take his rightful place as Lord Garmadon's dark successor.

These are just my predictions based on how Lord Garmadon has been depicted so far. It has to be remembered that he was once human, and that his flaws are human flaws. He is no more a perfect embodiment of evil than Makuta Teridax was, and that's something I like about him: he shows how evil a person can be while still justifying their actions based on a twisted but believable set of values.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I imagine Lord Garmadon does have a fatherly instinct towards Lloyd. He's not completely inhuman, after all, even if he's chosen to follow his own dark ambitions.

I think he will also be proud of all Lloyd has accomplished, since he unleashes all the Serpentine and becomes the Green Ninja. Even if Lord Garmadon doesn't want the Serpentine awakened, and we're not sure that he doesn't, I think the accomplishment itself would be something Lord Garmadon would admire.At the same time, once it becomes apparent that Lloyd is in fact joining the Ninja, Lord Garmadon will probably become quite angry that his son has "gone soft". Not angry enough not to care about his son, though. Even if Lloyd isn't aligned with his father morally, he is Lord Garmadon's progeny, and as a dark ruler he'd want him to remain alive at least in the hopes that in time he'd take his rightful place as Lord Garmadon's dark successor.

These are just my predictions based on how Lord Garmadon has been depicted so far. It has to be remembered that he was once human, and that his flaws are human flaws. He is no more a perfect embodiment of evil than Makuta Teridax was, and that's something I like about him: he shows how evil a person can be while still justifying their actions based on a twisted but believable set of values.

That all makes perfect sense actually. When you look back, the only reason Garmadon was sentenced to the Underworld is because he thought that the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu should be used productively instead of being hidden in safe places. It's not that bad of an idea honestly, seeing of the reasons they've come in use so far in the story. It's not like Garmadon has 100% evil intentions.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Wouldn't that be just about the same thing as the great spirit Mata Nui being buried under the island of Mata Nui? :P
Hey, they are giving Ninjago deep story and many secrets, like Bionicle. Wouldn't be surprised if they used what was popular. Lego is a company, after all.

aouROFb.png

Wouldn't that be just about the same thing as the great spirit Mata Nui being buried under the island of Mata Nui? :P
Hey, they are giving Ninjago deep story and many secrets, like Bionicle. Wouldn't be surprised if they used what was popular. Lego is a company, after all.
I personally hope they don't take Ninjago in the same direction as BIONICLE. Don't get me wrong, BIONICLE was a great theme, but the story got lost, if that makes sense.When I say the story "got lost", I mean that they got it going in an epic journey, like Lord of the Rings or something else, which made it harder for new fans to get involved in the story, and to understand what previously going on. This was great if you had followed the story since the beginning, but got harder and harder for new fans to understand. When the went back in time to the Metru Nui story arc, that made things more confusing if you didn't know the Turaga already. Then they go forward in time, which confused things more. The online serials were also a slight problem, in that they weren't advertised enough.Ninjago has a constant story, which works well. It's all based on one goal throughout each story arc, which are similar as well. In the first year, they try to retrieve and protect the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu. In the second, they are facing the Serpentine, which in-turn helps the ninja meet their full potential. The whole plot stays simple, constant, and consistent, which I think will Ninjago good for keeping fans, and also attracting new ones.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I personally hope they don't take Ninjago in the same direction as BIONICLE. Don't get me wrong, BIONICLE was a great theme, but the story got lost, if that makes sense.When I say the story "got lost", I mean that they got it going in an epic journey, like Lord of the Rings or something else, which made it harder for new fans to get involved in the story, and to understand what previously going on. This was great if you had followed the story since the beginning, but got harder and harder for new fans to understand. When the went back in time to the Metru Nui story arc, that made things more confusing if you didn't know the Turaga already. Then they go forward in time, which confused things more. The online serials were also a slight problem, in that they weren't advertised enough.Ninjago has a constant story, which works well. It's all based on one goal throughout each story arc, which are similar as well. In the first year, they try to retrieve and protect the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu. In the second, they are facing the Serpentine, which in-turn helps the ninja meet their full potential. The whole plot stays simple, constant, and consistent, which I think will Ninjago good for keeping fans, and also attracting new ones.
That's actually a really good summation of what makes Ninjago different from BIONICLE. Ninjago tends to focus on character development, without getting mired in worldbuilding. The BIONICLE universe had a lot of internal rules that could be hard to remember (i.e. the Matoran/Toa/Turaga life cycle, the properties of Energized Protodermis). Ninjago tends to flout the rules in favor of consistently good storytelling, which allows for things like the hard-to-believe but awesome shadow fight between Sensei Wu and Garmadon. If that took place in BIONICLE, fans would be clamoring for a detailed explanation about what the properties of Garmadon's shadows are. In Ninjago, we can simply accept that it took place as depicted and that Sensei Wu continues to be totally awesome.EDIT: Going back to the start of this comment thread, I don't think the Great Devourer sleeping under Ninjago as depicted on the map would be too much like BIONICLE. After all, it's not like there's a whole universe inside it. Although that would mean that the depiction in the Epic Dragon Battle set is horribly out of scale with everything else... Edited by Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Methinks that the giant statue in the Lost City of Ouroboros is the Great Devourer. It's just too practical for it to be the "symbol" as shown across the map. The statue is already huge as it is...

And in episode 9 I like how the snakes in the talent show wear indiscreet disguises and yet nobody notices :P Kruncha and Nuckal make cameo appearances too!

Edited by unknown_user2596

The new episode was so sad! Zane is so my favorite character now... right behind Jay, and Pythor does have a staff! yay!

Yeah, it was pretty sad. I pity and respect Zane a lot, and the newest episode really fits what I said about Lord Garmadon earlier. Also, I wrote an in-depth plot for the episode. Feel free to edit it. "Tick Tock" on The Ninjago Wiki.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Hey, I noticed something. Fangtom's extra head came from biting himself. The flute reverses Serpentine venom. Pythor played the flute for Fangtom, Acidicus, and Skalidor (Skales doesn't count because of earplugs). So why didn't Fangtom lose his extra head?Oh, and Destiny's Bounty was out of scale, too.

aouROFb.png

Hey, I noticed something. Fangtom's extra head came from biting himself. The flute reverses Serpentine venom. Pythor played the flute for Fangtom, Acidicus, and Skalidor (Skales doesn't count because of earplugs). So why didn't Fangtom lose his extra head?Oh, and Destiny's Bounty was out of scale, too.

The snake staff's reverse venom, not the flute. The flute is just one of the only effective weapons against them. Also does anybody have a link to the episode tick tock?

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

Also does anybody have a link to the episode tick tock?

There might be clips appearing soon on Cartoon Network's website.It airs again on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 7:30pm (EST).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Also does anybody have a link to the episode tick tock?

There might be clips appearing soon on Cartoon Network's website.It airs again on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 7:30pm (EST).
I guess I will have to hope somebody on a certain video sharing site posts it. It sounds like an amazing episode all in all from what I hear. Edited by reptiman

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

I'm a little fed up with the total lack of high-quality recordings of these episodes. Coming from the My Little Pony fandom, where HD recordings of the most recent episode usually hit the web the day they air, I can't see why most of the recordings of Ninjago are such horrible quality. I understand that the MLP fandom is much larger, and that the legality of uploading these recordings is a stretch. But since I haven't seen any of the low quality vids taken down from their hosting sites due to copyright claims, I wonder why no one's put up the effort to make higher-quality ones available. As it is, the DVD releases that have already appeared in some other countries can't hit the U.S. soon enough.

I'm a little fed up with the total lack of high-quality recordings of these episodes. Coming from the My Little Pony fandom, where HD recordings of the most recent episode usually hit the web the day they air, I can't see why most of the recordings of Ninjago are such horrible quality. I understand that the MLP fandom is much larger, and that the legality of uploading these recordings is a stretch. But since I haven't seen any of the low quality vids taken down from their hosting sites due to copyright claims, I wonder why no one's put up the effort to make higher-quality ones available. As it is, the DVD releases that have already appeared in some other countries can't hit the U.S. soon enough.

Wait, have there actually been DVD releases of the TV series in some countries?~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wait, have there actually been DVD releases of the TV series in some countries?~Gata. ;)
From what I heard the release is split into 3 separate disks with 4 episodes each (5 for the last one). So far the first disk is released in Poland; no word yet for the other two.

Wait, have there actually been DVD releases of the TV series in some countries?~Gata. ;)
From what I heard the release is split into 3 separate disks with 4 episodes each (5 for the last one). So far the first disk is released in Poland; no word yet for the other two.
I guess this DVD is a replacement for the series not airing in Poland. I am not stating that as a fact as I have no idea if the series is airing or is ever going to air in Poland, but it would definitely make sense.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I guess this DVD is a replacement for the series not airing in Poland. I am not stating that as a fact as I have no idea if the series is airing or is ever going to air in Poland, but it would definitely make sense.~Gata. ;)
The Season 1 episodes are available on DVD in all countries. I'm pretty sure the 2nd season is divided into 4 DVDs, because I have the box cover art for them.
  • [*]
http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Acidicus_versus_Kai_ZX.jpg[*]http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Fangtom_versus_Jay_ZX.jpg[*]http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Skalidor_versus_Zane_ZX.jpg[*]http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Skales_versus_Cole_ZX.jpg

These copies are technically posters, but they share the same art as on the DVD covers, from what I've heard.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I have to say, Tick, Tock was a really good episode. The revelation that Zane is an android was pretty cool, even if it was pretty much ripped off directly off Power Rangers. I really love the characterization that Zane has gotten throughout this season, though it really makes me wish Cole got some of the same treatment. Of all the ninja, he hasn't gotten much development beyond his phobias. That said, the fact that the NRG ninja are the "true potential" forms is pretty awesome. And Pythor got a staff...why didn't he have it previously, anyways?

AXKP5KC.png

I guess this DVD is a replacement for the series not airing in Poland. I am not stating that as a fact as I have no idea if the series is airing or is ever going to air in Poland, but it would definitely make sense.~Gata. ;)
The Season 1 episodes are available on DVD in all countries. I'm pretty sure the 2nd season is divided into 4 DVDs, because I have the box cover art for them.
  • [*]
http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Acidicus_versus_Kai_ZX.jpg[*]http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Fangtom_versus_Jay_ZX.jpg[*]http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Skalidor_versus_Zane_ZX.jpg[*]http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Skales_versus_Cole_ZX.jpg

These copies are technically posters, but they share the same art as on the DVD covers, from what I've heard.

I am not aware of a German DVD release. Those covers look very nice, though. I really like that style. Thanks for the links! :)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I have to say, Tick, Tock was a really good episode. The revelation that Zane is an android was pretty cool, even if it was pretty much ripped off directly off Power Rangers. I really love the characterization that Zane has gotten throughout this season, though it really makes me wish Cole got some of the same treatment. Of all the ninja, he hasn't gotten much development beyond his phobias. That said, the fact that the NRG ninja are the "true potential" forms is pretty awesome.And Pythor got a staff...why didn't he have it previously, anyways?

I imagine Pythor probably wasn't shown with a staff in his first couple episodes just because it wasn't necessary to show his leadership (he didn't have anyone to lead). I wish he had a staff in the sets, though. Especially since as of yet we haven't seen the emblem for the Anacondrai tribe anywhere.Zane has gotten a lot of excellent character development in both the show and the books. The books also provide some character development for Cole, but really his main flaw as presented in the books is the anxiety that comes with being the team leader and having to keep everyone organized. I definitely encourage anyone looking for deeper insight into the story and characters to read the four chapter books by Greg Farshtey, starting with Kai: Ninja of Fire and Zane: Ninja of Ice. The books do a good job of foreshadowing some things that only became apparent in the show once it got to 2012 story, such as the fact that Zane's past was a mystery or that Jay was ashamed of where he came from.

I have to say, Tick, Tock was a really good episode. The revelation that Zane is an android was pretty cool, even if it was pretty much ripped off directly off Power Rangers. I really love the characterization that Zane has gotten throughout this season, though it really makes me wish Cole got some of the same treatment. Of all the ninja, he hasn't gotten much development beyond his phobias. That said, the fact that the NRG ninja are the "true potential" forms is pretty awesome.And Pythor got a staff...why didn't he have it previously, anyways?

In the book Cole: Ninja of Earth, Cole gets some more character development. His main struggle is that he has spent all his life bettering himself but, until he was taken in by Sensei Wu, he had nothing to apply his skills to. Also, the episode The Royal Blacksmiths is rumored to include Cole's father, so I expect that episode will focus on him.

In the book Cole: Ninja of Earth, Cole gets some more character development. His main struggle is that he has spent all his life bettering himself but, until he was taken in by Sensei Wu, he had nothing to apply his skills to. Also, the episode The Royal Blacksmiths is rumored to include Cole's father, so I expect that episode will focus on him.
Not rumored; it does have his father in it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It makes me wonder though that since episode 9 focuses on Cole, his father and the talent show, then why is the episode called The Royal Blacksmiths?

Maybe Cole's dad is a blacksmith. :PThe next episode is "Once Bitten, Twice Shy". It focuses on Jay, therefore I think he'll unlock his full potential.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The plot synopsis we've seen for The Royal Blacksmiths implies that the Ninja enter a talent contest. I imagine "The Royal Blacksmiths" will be their stage name.

They will be entering a talent show to retrieve the first Fang Blade. I bet they'll show off their Spinjitzu moves.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

You know, 2011 focused on Kai and his desire to be strong enough to save Nya. 2012 is focusing on Zane and how he is different and feels like he doesn't belong. The next two years might put the spotlight on Jay, and possibly his relationships with others, and Cole, and how his inner struggles and desire to improve affect him on the outside.On another note, how was Zane not afraid of wearing a flowery pink apron, but was embarassed by the Pink Ninja Laundry Incident?

aouROFb.png

You know, 2011 focused on Kai and his desire to be strong enough to save Nya. 2012 is focusing on Zane and how he is different and feels like he doesn't belong. The next two years might put the spotlight on Jay, and possibly his relationships with others, and Cole, and how his inner struggles and desire to improve affect him on the outside.On another note, how was Zane not afraid of wearing a flowery pink apron, but was embarassed by the Pink Ninja Laundry Incident?

No, this year isn't focusing on Zane. Only the last episode "Tick Tock" focused on Zane. This year, all of the ninja are focusing on unlocking their full potential. Next episode is about Cole; after that, Jay; etc.Also, last year focused on how Kai and the others mature into disciplined ninja. It wasn't all about Kai.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

No, this year isn't focusing on Zane. Only the last episode "Tick Tock" focused on Zane. This year, all of the ninja are focusing on unlocking their full potential. Next episode is about Cole; after that, Jay; etc.Also, last year focused on how Kai and the others mature into disciplined ninja. It wasn't all about Kai.
Next episode is about Jay actually, and then there's an episode about Cole. But yeah, the 2012 show isn't all about Zane by any stretch of the imagination. It's already had an episode that focused intently on Jay ("Snakebit"). But it has been a treat having two very good episodes focused on Zane since he's my favorite Ninja.