To Save The World!

IC(Mr. No-One): The spook, his nose and shoulder heavily bandaged, had tagged along on the League jet, and was sitting quietly, genuinely reading the newspaper he'd used as a cover earlier that morning. He was, to be honest, rather amused by the bickering between the other government agent and the supers. He'd always been a bit amused by other government agencies, especially in their dealings with groups like the League; some portion of their authority is threatened, and they react very loudly, saying impolite things about their thoughts on the competence of superheroes, of all things.Which, of course, drew loud, impolite things about the competence of federal agents. The only thing he could really agree with the fed on - he rather suspected the guy belonged to the FBI or some other big, loud agency - was the feeling of personal responsibility for the disaster. Years of training, and neither of them were able to have any sort of meaningful impact on the incident.IC(Fellwyd): The alien paused for a moment, holding the cup of tea halfway to his mouth."I have been living, hiding in a small street, filled with this city's garbage and other hiders, others who live in the small streets. Sometimes I go to the bay to find food, mostly I sleep."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: SkyraSeeing as Mystic was working so hard to keep the peace, Skyra figured it was probably best to end the smart comments with the fed. He didn't particularly like it when the government butted in on well, anything. He supposed that in this situation they'd want to be involved though...Skyra saw Mr. No-One sitting across from him. "Hey, didn't see you there, so, I never got your name, I'm Skyra." Mr. No-One seemed like a nice enough guy to talk to, Skyra needed to unwind anyway.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC(Mr. No-One): The spook looked up at Skyra, then looked pointedly at Aquarius."In present company, it would be best not to disclose my identity. Something like why superheroes have to wear disguises. The best answer I can give is that I was part of the Secret Service detail this morning, and I'm the guy who shot our prisoner in the arm."He would have preferred to at least be able to name the agency he really worked for, seeing as said agency had an official (if very, very quiet) agreement with the League regarding his presence with them, but the presence of Aquarius on the plane negated that possibility. He did, after all, still have some family, even if they all thought he was dead.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Skyra"Oh right, that makes sense." Skyra adjusted the strap on the sling holding his right arm. "Ugh, those paramedics will dote on you like you were a newborn, they told me I had to wear this dumb thing for a month...like that's gonna happen, it's not like I broke it or anything. A little antimatter to the arm is nothing." He patted his arm, only to wince in pain when he did.

IC(Mr. No-One): "Well, I'm not a physicist, but I don't think it's radioactive. Just sort of destroys what it hits, doesn't it? Skin, arteries, muscle tissue... Might take a bit for that to heal. Me, I got stabbed with an icicle and swarmed with bees. They gave me something to bring the swelling from the stings down, but it'll be a few weeks before I can move that arm properly."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Skyra"Ya, probably not gonna get much use out of my arm for a while. Fortunately I don't need both my arms to control the wind, gonna have to avoid melee combat for a while though." Skyra thought about the whole mission, it been quite a mess so far. "Man, that other aerokinetic, the one that had Danielle, he was good, with his powers I mean. Not sure which one of us would win in a fight 1 on 1."

IC:"I don't care what the whole story is," Fade said, crossing his wristblades defensively. "There's chain of different events that can make that girl with that katana anything other than bad news."Sluice stepped forwards, watching the two critically."Not to say I'm not flattered by your greeting, but I must ask... have we met?" she asked. "You seem to think you know quite a bit about me, and I very little about you, which frankly seems a little unfair. Of course, you are apparently from 'another universe'..."Fade stopped. He lowered his wristblades, but there was an almost maniacal glint in his eyes. Then, slowly but surely, he started to laugh. His laughter was loud and triumphant, but at the same time as harsh and evil as the worst maniacal cackling from a supervillain."...That's right, isn't it? We never met in this universe, have we?" he said, still laughing as he spoke. "Of course we haven't. That would have meant your plans had come even close to succeeding, wouldn't it? You never had a chance, did you, Sakeme? How long was it you spent plotting? Four hundred years, wasn't it? How does it feel, knowing your plans came so close to succeeding, only to be undone by-"A purple aura glowed in "Sluice"'s hand, lifting Fade into the air and slamming him against a pillar. Iskuken Sakeme advanced upon him, telekinetically restraining him in midair."Undone by some foolish little brat with a some cheap high-tech trinket? How do you think?" he roared. "I spent centuries plotting my rise to power, ages of careful planning, and this... this Frigid does it in less than a year? The land she rules does not belong to her; it should belong to me."Noting X-Calibur's grip tighten on his energy machete, Sakeme let Fade drop down to the floor."For that, she must die. Lucky for you, that means our goals are the same for the moment."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: When Sakeme advanced on Fade, Plasmafire had ignited his hands, ready to jump in at a moment's notice. When he dropped Fade, he instead rushed over to the hero's side, helping him up. He glared at Sakeme and growled. "Our goals may be the same for now, but you had better know that we don't trust you. We fought you, we know how you can be. And I, for one, will be keeping a close eye on you, Sakeme."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"You don't have to trust me. That's the beauty of it," Sakame said. "You simply have no other choice."X-Calibur had also rushed to Fade's side. His energy machete was inactive, but the fact he was still holding it should have been warning enough."Perhaps you ought to go patrol the tunnels," he said through gritted teeth. "For all we know, Frigid might have picked up on the fighting earlier. Make sure we haven't got an army of Ice Golems marching on us.""Are you sure?" asked Sakeme mockingly. "Aren't you afraid of what I might do if let out of your careful gaze?""Just. Go."Without another word, Sakeme slunk off into the darkness once more. X-Calibur turned to Fade and Plasmafire."I... I'm so sorry about that..." he said, apologetic. "If I had a choice, I wouldn't have even considered working with, with that thing. I've fought alongside Sluice, it just sickens me to see him controlling her like that, but... like he said, I don't really have much choice in the matter, do I? There's barely a League left anymore, I need any allies I can find if I want to stand a chance against Frigid."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire sighed and shook his head. "I may not like it, but I do understand why you're working with him. I'd much preffer to have Sluice on our side though...I don't know that we can do anything about that though, last time it took almost a dozen heroes to bring him down, and then only just."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: It has been a while. Should we just go ahead?NPC: Ultionis nodded, stepping up into the jet, having already loaded his cycle. "I'm used to it." Truth be told he wasn't entirely sure about the heroes either. Oh, he understood their reasoning for being impartial, that didn't bother him - the world needed impartial organizations - but they tended to be undisciplined and frequently ignored even entirely lawful government orders. In general they as a group had severe anti-authority issues, not to mention how many of these individuals of potentially devastating power also had deep personal issues. Still, they did good work, and he would trust them... for the most part. About as far as he was allowed, anyway. And he'd consider it a good day if only three of them complained to him about his use of lethal weaponry.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Yeah, HD, I'd say to just go ahead. As for Skyra, I'd suggest an NPC to design the supersuit, unless somebody wants to do it. :)

OOC: Well, I remember Rahl had an NPC who designed costumes for superheroes who Loadstone ended up going to for a new costume. I can't remember the name though, and I'm pretty sure that happened either around or during the Frigid arc which, as previously established, got asploded by the server a while back so I can't exactly check. I'd imagine there wouldn't be any problems introducing another NPC suit designer; one guy can't make everyone's suit, right?IC:"Of course, none of that happened in this universe. Frigid took over before Sakeme could complete his plans, so he never got superpowered like that," said Fade. "There is still the problem of him being attached to Sluice's psyche, though.""Yeah. If I could figure out a way to safely remove her consciousness, I would. Of course, mostly anyone who could even try died at Frigid's hands," said X-Calibur. "I know he's definitely up to something, but it's not like I can do anything about it without risking Sluice, if she's even still in there. In the meantime, I've just been trying to point Sakeme in the direction of the enemy, and just hope I can stop him when that day comes.---Mystic took her seat near the back of the plane, noticeably away from all the others. She wasn't trying to be rude; she just had more important things to do than talk right now. She slipped on a set of headphones and began pulling up information on Aquarius, Typhoon, and Hivemind, a computerized voice reading off the information for her. She was also putting in requests for any information regarding the antimatter man and the pyrokinetic, trying to cross reference League data for any hints about the pair's identity. At the same time, Mystic was also calling up every League base she could contact hoping that somebody had spotted one of the villains, giving them a lead on where they were hiding. If there was any hope of finding Danielle Thomas again, Mystic was determined to dig it out.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: @H-D, yeah, I guess we could.IC (Surge): Surge was sitting in a dark corner of the bar. He was waiting, trying to act casual. He'd busted enough of the odd bank heist that he would be noticed by about half the people here. They had just about no hope of defeating him, but that was of no consequence. If their target knew that the Leauge was around before they were ready, he would bolt. The news flickered on the big screen tv in the corner. The reporter was at a school in the capital city. "I'm standing at the site of the kidnapping of the president's daughter. Earlier today several super beings assaulted the school, kidnapping Danielle Thomas, and left by some sort of wormhole. Some are well known members of the super villain organization the Coalition of Corruption, while others have yet to be identified. Here is amateur footage of the incident." As the footage played, Surge's face fell. "Oh no, not you again..." He mumbled. There was nothing he could really do about it now though. He needed to focus on the mission at hand.OOC: Feel free to have the purple text hero that I cannot remember the name of with me. Also, if the incident should'nt be on Tv, feel free to ignore that as well.

Edited by King Joe

OOC: About Mystic searching for info on Negafire: She might be able to find it in archived reports from the Sakeme Incident, I'm sure reports of the dark heroes made it in there. Other than that though, Negafire hasn't put himself on the radar before now. However, if Mystic were to send out a request, possibly over the League headsets, Magneta might be able to ID him. ;)IC: Plasmafire sighed and shook his head. "I wish Silver was still around... He'd have Sluice back here in a heartbeat..."IC: Magneta looked at the TV in the bar and gasped, bringing her hand up to cover her mouth, her recognizable face obstructed by the purple hoodie she wore. "Oh my gosh... Is that...? I think I might know who that pyro is!"

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

OOC: Alright, I think I'll make an NPC for that, whenever this plane takes off and lands in the Mansion :PIC: SkyraBy the time everyone boarded, Skyra had fallen asleep. Not surprising really given all the stress his body had gone through. Though the five minute flight back to New York wasn't going to be very long.

OOC: Sorry for the disappearance; I've been really busy this weekend. I need to read through everything before I can accurately post as my characters again (until which point Kumata has control of them), but having seen that question I feel the need to relay the character info.The NPC CoKK is refering to is a woman known as The Tailor, a New York fashion designer who specializes in designing supersuits. She has a contract with the League to make supersuits for them at request, but she'll make them for anyone if they pay her for them. She was basically Edna Mode, as I was scrounging around for character concepts at the time, but as all records of her were conveniently destroyed there's no concrete info about her. :PI also second CoKK's notion about designing a new NPC, if you're not up for using The Tailor.And just so that I have an IC in this post...IC: (Psionick)Ble-heh-bluuurph!Psionick sat up from the bucket, his face pale and contorted in a grimace. The plane jostled slightly as it hit an air pocket, and he groaned. His head was pounding, and the world seemed to heave every time he blinked."How can people manage to stomach that..." He finished the question with another stomach-wrenching gag."Generally speaking, people don't drink quite as much alchohol as you did," Agent Johnson said with a slight smile. "Then again, as you rarely drink any at all, your body has little tolerance for it.""Ugh," Psionick moaned in reply, clutching at his stomach and the bucket at the same time. "I'm gonna kill whoever invented the hangover..."~Lord Rahl~

IC (Surge): "And I know who the dark purple-black one is. So he's finally joined up with the Coalition. Funny, he must have just joined today, I've been keeping tabs on his sightings. He joins or at least tries to join the Coalition the day I join the League. But I don't really want to talk about it. You seen our target yet?"

IC: Magneta tore herself away from the TV, and glanced around the room. "No... Not yet. But there's a lot of dark corners in here, he could by lying low."

IC:Hijek trotted down the alley, finding markets seling explosives. He was not in the mood today to use money, so he killed the leader first. The rest of the lot, who were very afraid, procceded to give him a stockpile of wireless explosive, ranging from C4 and semtex. Hijek just took the C4, left a small portion there, and detonated it as he drove away. The whole section was in flames. Now he just had to get into the Statue.

OOC: With regards to Negafire in the Sakeme incident, I had figured she'd probably find note of that. She might put out a call that Magneta can answer, although it might not do much good beyond saying "That's him, officer! That's the one!" :PIC:Both Fade and X-Calibur stood in solemn silence for a moment at Plasmafire's comment. They both clearly felt guilt over the pyschic's death in each of their respective universes', albeit probably under differing circumstances. Fade could barely work up more than a nod of agreement."Uh... yeah... well, I guess know we have a bit of an idea who we're working with," he said, eager to change the subject. "X-Calibur, do you have any sort of plan for fighting Frigid?""Well... mostly it's just been about survival these last few months. None of us are strong enough to take on Frigid, not at the moment." He paused, as if he really didn't want to say what he was about to say. "We... did come up with a plan, but... it's too dangerous, it'd never work..."---Mystic sat at the back of the plane, quietly whispering orders into her headset. The design was a modification on the normal League communicators, intended to let Mystic work without needing to see the display. She was going over League reports from a battle with a psychic known as Isuken Sakeme. There was some mention of "psychic duplicates" being created as part of the battle. One of them, the doppelganger for a pyrokinetic called Plasmafire, seemed to match the description of one of their perpetrators almost uncannily.Mystic almost dismissed the information instantly; there was nothing to suggest any of the duplicates survived the fight, not to mention the whole idea of evil clones just seemed... off somehow. But it was a lead, a lead on a day where she wasn't getting many other leads. She put out a few requests for any other information regarding this duplicate, along with a general request over League channels for any information regarding the suspects.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

He found a taxi which stooped to pick up this weird looking person. "Where to?" X-Blade got into the cab, "can you take me to the nearest travel buses that go the Swindon.?" "Sure, it's only ten or so blocks away."

OOC: Argh, that was painful to read. Swindon is a city, quite far from London. It's a bit like a character hopping onto the New York subway and being told his journey to Illinois won't take long. :PHee, I was waiting for Sakeme to show up. :biggrin: The discussion about Negafire made me realise we've actually had quite a few 'evil counterparts' in this RPG... Plasmafire/Negafire, Silver/Darkness, Surge/Nihilo, Omega/Blackstar, Sluice/Abyss, Loadstone/Aquarius...IC: Gadgeteer's blows, even the ones that caught the villain off-guard, did not seem to be doing any damage. So it was safe to say that the invulnerability power was a default state. That would make things a bit trickier, but Gadgeteer was still confident that he could find a way to defeat the criminal. There would be something he could exploit. No-one was totally invincible - and if this guy was, he was wasting his talents by just robbing banks.As the bullets ricocheted off his mask Gadgeteer turned and leapt across the bank, landing beside another potted plant. Without long-range weaponry he was having to use his surroundings, so he had reconsidered his earlier stance and decided that it would be better if they moved the fight outside. The villain seemed to be enjoying himself, and showing off his invulnerability, so that would probably work in Gadgeteer's favour. He hurled the potted plant - like before, the villain stood still to allow it to shatter harmlessly against him. It was at that precise moment of distraction that Gadgeteer leapt, slamming into the villain and carrying him through the front window of the bank with a crash and out onto the sidewalk.IC: "Is... that all?" Sarah felt embarrassed as soon as she'd said it - she hadn't meant to sound rude. "Um, you know, Fellwyd, you could live in... somewhere better. There are people that can help you adjust to life on Earth, i-if that's what you want. Or maybe if you wanted to leave the planet, they could help you with that too." She sipped her tea, giving the alien time to process her words before continuing. "I'm a member of a group called the League of Salvation. It is made up of people like me, people who stop supervillains. The League may be able to help you in that way - I can take you to them, if you like."IC: The villains had left the storage room as they talked. Gap stayed quiet; she wasn't one for needless bickering. Even when acting as leader of G-Force she'd remained silent as Gunbarrel and Gel had their arguments.They reached the briefing room. The door swung open at her touch. Grand Cross was seated at the head of the table inside, studying some paperwork. His cross-shaped mask was sitting on the table; his exposed face sported tough, weatherbeaten skin and a cluster of greyish-white hair. He looked up as they entered, and folded his arms expectantly."I trust that you have returned successful..." Edited by Kumata

IC: Plasmafire cocked his head, looking at X-Calibur. "What exactly does this plan entail?"IC: Magneta brought her hand up to her ear, listening as a request came over her League communicator for information regarding the pyro on TV. She pressed a button to respond and whispered into the concealed microphone. "This is Magneta, responding to the request for information on that pyro. I think he's a psycic duplicate of Plasmafire. I don't know how he survived the Sakeme fight, but Plasmafire has talked to me about him enough that I recognized him on the news report."IC: After waiting a moment for anyone else to speak up, Negafire nodded. "We did. We brought back the girl and caused a bunch of destruction in the city. Um... Unfortunatly, some feds and Leaguers found the warehouse... We were forced to leave without Aquarius..."

IC (Surge): Surge looked at Magenta talking into her communicator. "Is that the League asking for info about the villains? Tell em I know who the antimatter guy is, but I don't want to get into where he came from. I can give them a full rundown of his abilities though."IC (Nihilo): Nihilo was silent, preferring to let the others and the fact that they had the girl in tow speak. He closely watched Hivemind though. He needed to be wherever she was when she made her report.

NPC: Around when Magneta was filling in the details about Negafire, the door opened and someone walked into the bar. Contrary to what movies claim, there was no halt in the drinking, grumbling and gambling that took place, since people came in and out all the time. Well, it was known to happen, anyway. The only thing interesting about this one was that he perfectly fit the photo of the man the heroes were after, except for the little detail that he looked like all the color had been bleached from his face. He sat down at the bar, noticeably cradling his hand, and ordered a full bottle of something very strong. "And keep'em coming." Even his voice was shaking.NPC: Ultionis, meanwhile, was checking US government databases on his laptop. He probably could have asked for access to League databases, and might actually have gotten it, but he didn't want to until he'd found out everything he could by his own methods. Aside from the one name he already knew, a few more were in the criminal files or on the watchlist, two or three seemed not to have done anything before now. Or at least nothing they'd gotten caught for. Still, there was some useful information on a few of the convicts...H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Well, I think everyone who was gonna board the plane is aboard, I'm just gonna take the liberty to jump ahead and say we've landed in the Mansion now. :PIC: SkyraThe landing of the plane awoke Skyra from his sleep. "Woah, when did I fall asleep?" He said, still in a bit of a daze.

IC:Hijek arrived at the Statue. What a wonder-- to be destroyed. Hijek stashed some of the explosives in a duffel bag, and took a ferry. After the ferry reached the island, Hijek broke into the entrance and shot the security guards. The civilians screamed and ran around. Hijek got to the top, and set the charges. A couple more minutes would get him time to have a big boom.OOC: The acutal time for this would be atleast an hour or more.

IC (Surge): Surge nudged Magenta, drawing her attention to the guy who just walked in. Pulling the collar up of the long jacket he bought, Surge casually meandered up to the bar and sat down next to the guy. "Just some water please." he told the bartender. He had never been one to really drink, and he hadn't tried it since he got his powers. He had no idea what would happen, and he didnt want to find out. He turned to the guy who looked exactly like Dylan. "So what's your name kid?"

Edited by King Joe

NPC: Dylan jumped right out of his seat and crashed loudly on the floor. It was actually pretty funny, especially when he scrabbled back to his feet and quavered "Who wants to know?" in a voice that was probably intended to sound threatening, but in his terrified state just made him sound like he had a cold.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Magneta looked away from Dylan and quickly spoke into the communicator. "I'm with a hero who says he knows who the antimatter guy is. We're undercover right now, but as soon as we're done I'll bring him in and we can talk to him." With that, she stopped speaking and looked at the bar. She groaned when she saw that Surge had spooked the guy and decided it was time to wing it. She stealthily grabbed a drink off a nearby table, dipped her fingers in it and touched the liquid to her major pulse points, effectivly making her smell like she'd been drinking. For good measure, she also took a quick swig of the drink, sloshing it around in her mouth before spitting it into a potted plant. "Nasty stuff..." She then walked over to the suspect, grabbing another, full drink on the way and setting it in front of the pale-faced man. "Aww, no need to w'rry, hun, we're jus' curious, s'all." She slurred, smiling at Dylan as she wobbled a bit. "Wanna drink, hmm?" She asked, placing the full drink in front of him.

IC:"Well, we took on Frigid with almost half the League and lost. Numbers aren't gonna do it. But... someone closer to her level might be able to do it," said X-Calibur. "The Supercharger Frigid used to rise to power was destroyed, but... there's still the original. The one she stole from Logan Industries. We found it abandoned shortly before Frigid put her plan into action; once she'd discovered how to build her own, she must not of needed it. It should still be right where we last had it; in storage at League HQ."Our plan had been to charge Stella with the machine. She's the last pyrokinetic we have in our group; it wouldn't get her nearly as powerful as Frigid is, but she'd stand a fighting chance," said X-Calibur. "But we gave up on that idea for a few reasons. For one thing, from what we know the machine required Fade - or someone related to him, at least - to activate, something about a genetic lock. But that's not impossible to overcome; our plan had just been to lop of one of Fade's arms and hope for the best."But the real problem is where the Supercharger is," X-Calibur finished. "I... trust you've seen the ice spire, that hideous blotch across the skyline of the city. Well, Frigid didn't merely freeze over Mentor's mansion when she attacked. She built that spire right on top of it. To even get close to the Supercharger, we'd need to lead an attack right into the most heavily guarded fortress in Frigid's domain."---Hivemind simply took her seat, reclining back in the chair and resting her feet on the table. She didn't have anything to say at the moment, for once; Negafire had pretty accurately summed up the mission, what else could she report? Well, she still had to report on Nilhilo's behavior, but that could be saved for later. Grand Cross had gone out of his way to ask Hivemind without informing the rest of the group; it made sense he'd want that report delivered privately as well.Besides, she couldn't deliver her report with Nihilo listening in, could she? If there was anyone likely to have a biased opinion of his performance, it was him. And as a dedicated scientist, Hivemind couldn't afford to have her observations be biased, could she?---Mystic's headset was beeping over and over as new reports were coming in. Most of it was useless, as it turns out asking for information based on only a vague description of a pyrokinetic would get your wild reports from across the globe of completely different pyrokinetics. But it wasn't all a waste; a report from a hero named Magneta had worked its way through the sea of information to Mystic's ears, and she'd specifically mentioned the duplicate of Plasmafire. She also claimed to know someone with knowledge of the antimatter man; Mystic made a note to arrange a meeting as soon as possible. It was a long shot, but whatever information they might have could be useful.But then another annoying beeping filled her ears, and Mystic listened as her headset read off another report. Quickly, she rose to her feet."I'm sorry to disrupt this investigation, but I'm afraid another matter has come up. I've just received a report from Liberty Isle that a man has attacked the guard posted there. The same man was previously reported as fleeing an explosion downtown; we have reason to believe he plans to set off a bomb on the island," she explained. "SWAT teams are surrounding the island, and they've confirmed him as matching one of the suspects seen at Miss Thomas's kidnapping. There are plenty of heroes present to supervise the detention of Aquarius. I'm going down to diffuse the situation and see what he knows about the Coalition's plot. Anyone with knowledge or powers that lend themselves to disarming an explosive device are welcome to join me."OOC: Sorry to disrupt the kidnapping plot (although, unless Aquarius makes a a stunning revelation in interrogation, I can't see their efforts going far), but I figured somebody ought to step in because, serious, blowing up the Statue of Liberty with literally no resistance just dances over the line into absurd for me.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Well, if we're taking volunteers.IC(Mr. No-One): The spook quickly put his newspaper down and raised his good hand."I've got plenty of experience with disabling explosives, and since I don't think the League is going to let me do any of the things that would make our prisoner really start talking, I'll be more useful in the field than with the prisoner."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Skyra"A bomb huh? Well, I do have some knowledge about how to diffuse a bomb. I was in the Police academy before I discovered my powers, they went over that."Sorta depends on how advanced the bomb is though... he thought to himself. Skyra got up from his seat. "Well, my powers might come handy too, who knows, better than just sitting here."

Edited by Snelly

IC:"Good. I'm certain I can keep the target occupied while you get to work diffusing his explosives," said Mystic, already heading past them towards the ramp. "But it is vital that we get there almost immediately."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): The spook followed Mystic towards the ramp, halfway hoping that they'd go directly from the plane to the target, mostly because that seemed like it would be the simplest, most effective way to get the job done. Then again, if the landing went even slightly wrong, it would, at the very least, be quite painful.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"Well, sir, I would prefer to take the plane directly to the scene of the crime, but there's still the issue of Aquarius to deal with and prisoner transfer isn't something one wants to rush- ...oh," she stopped herself, realizing she'd wasn't responding to something Mr. No-One had actually said.As much as Mystic would refuse to admit it, it was harder to avoid accidentally picking up a few stray thoughts under stress, when she was less focused on keeping herself from reading them. And sometimes, also under stress, it was easy to get internal and external monologues mixed up if she wasn't paying attention. But she could apologize for the invasion of privacy later; they had a bomber to stop."...B-But I'm sure the League has plenty of other jets available, and it shouldn't be too hard to get another one to take us to the target," she said quickly, trying to change the subject. "We can't go at top speeds over a residential area, but we should come up fast enough that he won't see us coming until it's too late. We could even attempt to disembark directly at the top of the statue, although that would be fairly risky..."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): Well, that seemed like a very good reason, though the whole surprise-I'm-reading-your-mind thing had been a bit... odd. Well, very odd. Big bucket of strange with a three-eyed frog dancing on top.Still, whatever method they chose was fine with him, so long as the Statue was still there when they got there.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom