To Save The World!

IC (Nihilo): Nihilo reicieved a slight bit of negative energy, but he had the feeling that Hivemind was deliberately focusing on more pleasant things. "Oh, that reminds me. I need to complement him on his choice of spies. Thank you for keeping such a close eye on me." he said, aiming to push the right button.

Edited by King Joe

IC:Kaname thought hard a little bit before suddenly stopping, "Five months..five months...what was i doing...Oh.." he then had a thought, "Well, I dont remember being on the surface, and everything about me wouldn't be in any computer, more like on paper..maybe I was in one of those Cole mines deep underground..Crud i dont remember."

Edited by Kenpachi Zaraki

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

NPC: It didn't take long for Ultionis to return and find the last battle still in progress, if you could call it that. The hydrokinetic, Aquarius, looked to be seriously outmatched without his powers, and what remained of the Secret Service (plus actual police) were on the scene. There were cars all around, and it looked like they'd deployed snipers too. There was even one with a megaphone saying "Attention supervillain: We have you surrounded. We are authorized to use lethal force. Cease and desist all hostile or aggressive actions. Further hostile or aggressive actions will be met with lethal force." There was a bunch more about his offenses, this law and that law, nothing Ultionis had time for. He just loaded both pistols with a clip full of tranquilizers, stepped out of his vehicle and got ready to fire at the slightest provocation.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:"Yup, that was sure nice of me, wasn't it? Gotta stick up for my buddies, y'know?" Hivemind replied. "My buddies such as Grand Cross, for example! You remember Grand Cross, don't you? The one I'm going to give a report to! Well, golly, I sure hope I've got nothing bad to say about any specific member of the team in that report! Wouldn't that just be a bummer?"Nihilo was unlikely to get much negative energy off a statement like that. Hivemind had nothing but positive thoughts about the report she'd be giving to Grand Cross, although Nihilo might not feel the same way.---Mystic stepped forwards past Ultonis, moving towards Aquarius. Wisps of light glowed her palms as she prepared to hurl her full telekinetic force at the aquakinetic the second he made a move."It's all over, Aquarius. Your team has abandoned you. I highly doubt they'd even care enough to come back for you," she said. Her voice was close to its usual level of polish, but there was something dark beneath its surface. "I'd advise you to surrender now. We can negotiate a shorter sentence for you, provided your forthcoming with information about your team's plans for this kidnapping."And if you're going to make a break for it, go ahead. Try me, Mystic added to herself. I'm just looking for an excuse right about now...OOC: Fade IC in a moment, hang on...[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC (Nihilo): Oh Nihilo was enjoying this. Hivemind's dislike for him was prominent. While not as satisfying as pure unbridled hatred, fear or anger, he had enough energy that he wasn't completely exhausted. However, he knew that Hivemind would slant the tale so that it painted him in the worst possible light. She would focus on his poorly aimed antimatter blast, and not the fact that he pierced the force field super's bubble, stopped the newspaper guy in his tracks, and kept the areokinetic occupied long enough for Typhoon to make it to the safe house, not to mention sacrificing his body in the process. He still wasn't up to snuff. He had to take a good six inches off his height to make himself still look like he had a head.All he knew was that he either needed to be there for Hivemind's report, or have somebody there that would promote his more reputable actions. All Hivemind was gonna talk about was that badly aimed blast and him busting her bug.

IC: Achilles ducked, flipping Gadgetteer over his back again. His gauntlet swung down, the claws barely piercing the metal this time.IC: Nightwatch sprinted in the right direction, senses serving him well as he followed the trail."We're getting closer- it's fresher here."

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Nightwatch's senses might be a little off; the Coalition already skedaddled through a portal after Mystic started busting down their door, and now everyone's threatening Aquarius, who got left behind by his teammates.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Negafire slowly picked himself up off the floor, wincing at the pain in both his arms. "How about the both of you quit fighting and we get the kid to Grand Cross. I'm sure he wants to have a talk with her or something."IC: Plasmafire shook his head slowly. "Five months... Five months ago feels like years by now. Ah, the life a superhero, eh? Never a dull moment."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"Fighting? What would give you such a silly impression? God, you're just so whacky!" asked Hivemind "No, no! We're all best of friends in this ca-ruh-ruh-razy Coaliton of Corrupti-okay i'll stop now."---"I'll take a few dull moments, honestly," Fade muttered. "The dullness ought to break up the monotony of adventure a bit."They ascended the stairs, emerging in the dimly lit terminal of Grand Central Station. The nearest tentflap opened, and Ash peeked her head out once more."Is... Longshot..." X-Calibur asked, practically worried for the answer. "...she, she's not...""No, she'll live," Ash replied. "She'd not in a good state though. If she hadn't got here when she did, I don't know if I'd have been able to save her.""Probably best to let her rest. Odds are good she'll try and murder Kaname when she wakes up - long story, I'll explain some other time," said Fade, noting X-Calibur's worried expression. "In the meantime, we've got another long story that needs to be unraveled. Namely, I think it's time we figured out just where these two universe's split..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Negafire glared at Hivemind. "Are you a compulsive liar or something? Cuz you're a horrible actor."IC: Plasmafire cleared his throat. "I have a theory. Fade, in our universe, when you stopped Frigid, was there any moment, no matter how brief, that you considered not stopping her and just letting it happen?"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"...Maybe I'm really a brilliant actress who's pretending to be a bad actor pretending to be a compulsive liar," said Hivemind with a smirk. "A mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a second, more enigmatic mystery. You'd never see it coming."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Negafire started at Hivemind with a look of utter exhaustion. "I... I am going to burn you one day." He turned to Nihilo and asked, in a sarcastic voice, "Bugs like fire, right?"

IC:If Nihilo thought he was getting negative emotions off of Hivemind, he was either mistaken or deeply and truly deluded. Hivemind couldn't care less if some Coalition grunts wanted to make fun of her. Let them enjoy their double-digit IQs. She was here for science, not to socialize."Oh no, bugs are totally cool with fire. Ever heard of fire ants? They're pretty fond of fire, otherwise that'd be a pretty dumb name," said Hivemind, turning casually to walk away. "...See, you believed me for a second there. Thus, good actress. I think I might win an Oscar, honestly..."She got maybe ten feet away from them before she stopped suddenly. Hivemind paused for a moment, looking back."...Wait, was that a pun? Did you really just try and insult me with a pun?" She asked. Hivemind wasn't radiating anger, merely confusion. "I mean, it's not even a very good pun; you had to explain it to death just so it'd make even a lick of sense. Look, if you're gonna try and demean me, fine. Just try and show at least a little creativity about it."---Fade was silent for a second. Whether he was being resistant or reflective was something only he knew."...No. I'd have done close to anything to save her, but I'd have never gone that far. It wouldn't have been worth it. Sure, she'd still have been alive - for a given value of alive, at least - but it wouldn't have been worth the entire world," said Fade. "No, something else had to have happened. Frigid is probably going to be keeping an eye out for us, so we can't make a run for The Technician's lab anytime soon. In the meantime, I'm gonna figure out what went wrong. X-Calibur, let's start from the beginning. What do you know about the Solanum incident?""Just what was in the League reports before everything went south," said X-Calibur. "Frigid had been in hiding for years, badly wounded after a fight with you. She sent some henchmen to Solanum Industries to steal samples of a drug called Novum. You - well, our version of you, I suppose - fought them off with the aid of Loadstone and Omega, but one of them managed to escape with a case of samples.""Yeah. Frigid knew about the drug from an incident back in her hero days. It was supposed to bring eternal life, youth, and health. The problem was it only brought the first one; what it did was turn people into zombies," Fade continued. "Of course, that was five years ago, and Frigid thought the scientists at Solanum had made progress. So she took it, and-""Wait, what do you mean, 'thought'?" X-Calibur asked. "Novum worked. It did more than just heal Frigid, it kept healing her. Whatever we tried to hit her with, she just regenerated from.""Ah! There's the split!" said Fade, triumphant. "In our universe, Solanum never made that breakthrough. The drug regenerated cells, but they decayed just as fast. Frigid was nearly unkillable but she was a zombie in all but mind, and even that went by the end. But none of that happened over here, so events had to have progressed differently! What happened next?""Frigid and her forces stormed Logan Industries, the company where the Omega Supercharger was kept in storage. Fade and the others tried to fight her off, but they couldn't harm her with the Novum in her veins, and eventually she escaped with the Supercharger," explained X-Calibur. "We were scrambling to locate her before she could put her plan into action; there was even a team sent after some villain who apparently was her father, not that I know why. But we got a report on the location of Frigid's hideout, and you rushed off to stop her."X-Calibur's paused, his demeanor turning grim."What happened next... all we know comes from the testimonial of a superhero called Sugar Rush, the only survivor of that battle. She was badly wounded and died shortly after, but she tried to warn us about what had happened," he said. "She says when they showed up at Frigid's lair, she had built her own version of the Supercharger, one much more massive and infinitely more powerful. Frigid explained that the device needed your DNA to activate - something to do with your father - and offered you a chance to join her in her new empire.""The circumstances... were a little different, but Frigid offered me that same choice," said Fade. "When I saw her... she was still moving and talking, but I could see she was dead. And I saw that the girl... the girl I loved had died long before, one fateful night three years before. I couldn't do anything else to save her; all I could do was finish what I'd started, and finally let her rest. So then I stopped her. I phased her through the heart of the Supercharger and reduced her to atoms; with the Novum that was the only thing that would kill her."X-Calibur shook his head."Not over here. Not even close. Sugar Rush said you took Frigid up on her offer, killed some criminal called Zap in cold blood. The others tried to fight you, but they couldn't stop Frigid from stepping into the Supercharger," he said. "But no one knew that Frigid's Supercharger was more volatile, that simply activating it would create an explosion powerful enough to level Frigid's entire hideout. Nearly everyone there, League and villain, died in that blast. Sugar Rush barely escaped with her life... but you and Frigid emerged from that inferno stronger than ever. And then you marched into New York City, freezing and slaughtering wherever you went."...And now, here we are."Fade sat, silently, letting this sink in."So, whether or not I chose to betray the entire world," he muttered. "was wholly dependent on whether Frigid had a pulse?"Somehow, this wasn't much of an improvement.OOC: Quick edit...

OOC: I'm not sure who all's there, to be honest... And the scent trail would still lead up to the point where the portal was created.

Hold on, do you mean where the end of the portal in the safehouse is (which was where the portal was created), or the end of the portal the villains just came out of? Because not only is the other end too far away for him to "sniff out" (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the Coalition's base in the Arctic, but I could be wrong), but there shouldn't be a scent trail for him to follow at all. They went through a wormhole, which is just two points in spacetime folded so you can move instantly from one to the other. There'd be no "trail" to follow because while the wormhole is active there isn't anything in-between those two points. Plus, I'm not really sure what a wormhole would smell like anyway.If I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: I'm not sure if you realise ToA, but both Mystic and Ultionis already found the near end of the wormhole - Mystic burst through the door of the safehouse just as it snapped shut.Going to jump forward in time by about an hour or so here, if that's ok with everyone. I'm sure you don't want to be bogged down waiting so you're coming out of this basically free to continue however you'd like.IC: "All right," muttered Aquarius. "Fine, you got me. But you think you've accomplished anything here? The real prize slipped through your fingers. Danielle Thomas belongs to the Coalition now."Cleanup in the aftermath of the battle was swift. The world had gotten pretty good at it since the Technax invasion. Paramedics saw to the injured secret service agents and Skyra. The Fire brigade tended to the flames left in Negafire's wake and fixed the burst hydrant. Police questioned the League and other eyewitnesses. The road was blocked off and construction workers appeared to begin filling in the various craters. Loadstone and Miss Tress fitted Aquarius with a pair of stasis cuffs and carted him into a League jet. After helping all that they could, the other heroes regrouped.IC: Sarah giggled as she noticed Fellwyd warily sipping at his tea. The Police had finished questioning her now, and had sent an officer to fetch some dry clothes for her."We had our introductions in the middle of a, well, tough situation," she said to the alien, "so I'm afraid I might not have gotten all the details. You, um, said you've been on Earth for a year? What have you been doing in that time?"IC: The Coalition villains had emerged inside some kind of storage room; crates were stacked on every side. They hadn't all been in the room long when a figure (literally) stepped out of the shadows. He was clad completely in black, broken only by a flesh-coloured slit that revealed his eyes. He was likely a mystery to most of them, but at least Typhoon and Hivemind would recognise him as Fated Shadow."I will take the girl," declared the figure in a quiet voice."Where are we keeping her?" Asked Typhoon as he passed Danielle over. She whimpered, but didn't struggle as Fated Shadow's thin fingers clasped around her shoulders - she obviously knew that an escape attempt would be futile."That is not for you to know." Fated Shadow stepped backwards, both he and Danielle fading as they entered the blackness of the shadows. His voice echoed after him: "Grand Cross awaits you in the briefing room..."

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Ken, that word is ####'d since it is seen as a swear/cuss in other parts of the world, for example where I live. Don't bypass the filter with *'s or you'll get in trouble!IC(NNPC):

Somewhere in the United States...

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome ladies and gentlemen to our grand finale! Here at Superbeing Smashdown we've been pitting your favourites heroes, villians, and inbetweens against each other for weeks, and have finally arrived at our climax event! Both our competitors are undefeated, one the champion and the other an out of nowhere powerhouse! Who'll take home the glory AND the $100 000 grand prize! We're minutes away from finding out!"The loudmouthed announcer's voice rang out throughout the crowded hidden stadium, vaguely circular in design. A cheer went up from the crowd, which was filled with just as many Superbeings (hidden or not) ready to enjoy the spectacle. The pratically gladitorial arena had been set up not long after the Invasion was squashed, as a quick way for Superbeings of all walks of life to earn money.... even if their buyin fees was from 'dubious sources'. Those without powers enjoyed the spectacle, and those that could hold onto a winning streak found themselves requiring deeper pockets all of a sudden, until they backed out.... for the moment, it seemed to have slipped everyone's radar and had yet to be shut down. It was stimulating the economy, at least."Coming in from the blue gateway is our current champion who you all know well to fear. She's got the strength of a whole platoon of Soviet tanks, and a resistance to pain like no other. Going undefeated into the fight for her 2nd championship title, Mother Russia!"As he spoke the so called Mother Russia entered from a blue-coloured gate, a hulking woman in feminine traditional Russian garb, which looked almost silly on such a rugged frame. One reason nobody probably pointed this out was the massive metal sickle she was hefting over one shoulder.... so large it seemed like she could down a bull elephant with it."Where is my poony opponent, so I can squash heem like tienee whynee bug" Mother Russia growled, taking a few steps foward onto the rocky stadium floor of which her opposition had yet to appear, sizing up the crowd a bit and raising her sickle into the air, causing an outcry of cheers from her fans."She's ready to rock and had better be, for the red corner holds her also undefeated opponent! He's quite a mystery, and not entirely human anymore thanks to his mutation... a mutation that, supposedly, forms the basis of his power to ABSORB the psychic abilities from those he's killed... one of which he claimed their outfit as a trophy! With over a DOZEN psychic's felled at his hand, he is a true force to be reckoned with.... the psychic challenger, Mastermind!"Those supporters he had, relatively overshadowed by Mother Russia's cheered loudly as the cloaked form of the challenger stepped silently into the ring. Despite the bright lights, the shadow of the psychic's hood masked all his features... with the sleeves together, all that was visible of skin at all was the purple-tinted tail which curved up from the back of the cloak from a hole in the back, unable to be hidden underneath the fabric at all. The Russian's supporters broke out in boo's as the psychic approached the centre of the ring, where Mother Russia herself was waiting."This eez the great Mastermind? You are tinee and week... just like tienee week Americans Mother Russia squashes as she pleases every fight"she chuckled loudly, towering over Mastermind like a rearing bear.Mastermind just looked up at her, and stared. Silently. She didn't like that."Mother Russia will not lose this fight, tinee mind man. She will break you into squishy peices of man" Silence."Give greedy Americans good show, or Mother Russia will break you. Permanently""....... just you try""The tension is high and the shields are being raised! Superbeing Smackdown's finale fight will begin in 3..... 2.... 1...."

DING-DING

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: You're with Mystic, Skyra, Mr. No-one and Ultionis. The first part of my above post is relevant to what's happening with them. Hmm, I have some theories about what's going on in Trans' post... but I'll keep them to myself for now... hmm.IC: Gadgeteer drew his knees up and used the high-pressure pistons to kick the villain off of him with superhuman force. The villain flew up and crashed into the ceiling, bringing a few chunks of plaster down with him as he fell. He had barely finished falling than did Gadgeteer's fist swing down towards his face...

IC:"OoooOOOooo! Grand Cross awaits you in the briefing room!I'm a spooooooky ghost! Ebenezer!" Hivemind shouted, not to any one in particular seeing as at least half of her audience seemed to despise her. More likely it was just for her own amusement. "Welp, that's my bit. Let's got meet the wizard, gang."---Just a little bit away from the scene of the crime, Mystic sat shrouded in silence and darkness. With all the recovery work buzzing about nearby, everyone was far too busy to take notice of her; a fact Mystic could easily confirm with a quick sweep of their minds. She was sitting on one of the swings in the playground, her head hung low and her face hidden under her hands. Nearby, a few bits of playground equipment were broken and twisted, as if some sort of psychokinetic force had bent them in a moment of anger.Aquarius had been right; it had taken all of Mystic's restraint not to slam his sorry face into the pavement for that, but she'd managed to hold back. It wouldn't do well for a member of the League to be seen assaulting a prisoner. Not to mention, they still needed Aquarius for information But he'd had a point, in spite of it all. She'd let the Coalition escape with the President's daughter. She'd failed.Slowly, Mystic rose from the swing, straightening herself up as she stood. She did her best to force those emotions down like she always did; they were all still in the middle of a crisis, there were bigger issues to worry about at the moment. There was always some bigger issue. Mystic felt her way towards the gate, then moved to rejoin the other assembled heroes.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Nightwatch stood with the heroes, mind working rapidly as he attempted to try and figure out where they could have taken Miss Thomas.We've failed... There has to be something we can do here...IC: Achilles fell to the ground, then the fist smashed into his face. It launched him up and away, sending him sprawling on his back.The villain leaped up, laughing."How long until you realize you can't hurt me?"He raised his gun again, and fired towards Gadgeteer's damaged face mask.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

NPC: Once the stasis cuffs were fitted, Ultionis stepped in before Aquarius could be brought to the League jet. "Hold up. As of right now this man is a prisoner of the federal government. Until he's answered our questions, either he goes with me or I go with him. After that, you can put him through whatever you do at your penitentiaries."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC (Nihilo): Nihilo facepalmed. He changed his mind. She wasn't trying to restrain anger (Although he was feeling some sort of negative emotion being stifled), she was just plain crazy. "Lead on. Maybe you can sign up for some acting lessons on the way."

IC:Mystic signed as she approached Ultonis. At the very least, this was a situation she could handle."Sir, don't start making this an issue of jurisdiction, not now of all days. At a time like this, we cannot afford to break down into such petty squabbles," she said. "At least three members of that team were known agents of the Coalition of Corruption, which makes this just as much a League matter. If the United States government wished to coordinate with us they are welcome, but the prisoner remains in our custody. We're far better equipped to keep him contained... unless you have facilities you've chosen not to disclose, of course..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: SkyraIt had been a good hour, Skyra had finally gotten away from the paramedics, he rather disliked anything to do with hospitals. He looked at the sling around his right arm in annoyance. He hadn't broken anything thankfully, the paramedics wanted to take him into the hospital overnight, but he had slipped away. He figured he'd recover just fine on his own at this point. It had been mostly fatigue and blood loss that had been the problem anyway, and that had been taken care of. Also, they'd failed their mission, that really put him off. Maybe if he'd completely mastered flying he could have...No, I can't think like that, we did all we could, now we just have to hope this Aquarius would tell us where they've taken Danielle Thomas.One of the officers came to Skyra with something, the remaining half of his other katana, well, now he had a one katana with a really severe niche and one that was completely useless. I wonder if all be able to find someone to repair this? Half of it is missing though, I might as well get a new katana, which means I need to get an entire new pair...great... He sighed loudly.Speaking of pairs...my sunglasses...where'd they go? He realized that they were missing as well. Whatever, not like I really care if people figure out my secret identity or not. I'm rarely out of costume these days anyway. HIs 'costume' the green jacket and black jeans, were a bit torn up. He went over to where most of the other heroes had gathered, near where Mystic was now arguing with the fed. He got a good look at Aquarius, "So, that's your brother?" He asked Loadstone. "He looks kinda tacky."

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

NPC: Ultionis nodded at Mystic. "If we do, I can't talk about it and probably haven't been told." They did. "But like I said, either he goes with me or I go with him. Like it or not, this is our interest, and even you can't think the kidnapping of Danielle Thomas is going to be in your hands completely. I'll tell my superiors we're using your prison facilities. They like to think they're in charge. They'd tell you to think of me as a representative of U.S. interests. I'll tell you to think of me as the guy who let them get away once and isn't gonna let it happen again."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Plasmafire sighed at this new information. "Fade, we don't know for sure that that was the only factor. For all we know, there could have been dozens of other factors, and we just don't have that information. Regardless, in our universe you did the right thing, and that's what's important, right?"IC: Negafire trudged after Nihilo and Hivemind, muttering as he held his wrist. "Great. Going to see the leader of the Coalition with two bad arms... This is not my day."

IC:"Of course; no one here is suggesting you be kept out of the loop on this. Full cooperation is ideal for both of us here. We will take whatever aid your government has to offer - provided you do not obstruct our investigations - and we will fully disclose whatever information we find," said Mystic. She doubted she'd be getting such an offer if their roles were reversed. "Just so it's clear that we will be handling the detention of the prisoner... and supervising any and all interrogations, understood?"OOC: Posting on my phone right now, will add Fade IC later.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: I took a look, but just to be sure: Has anyone asked any questions of MacTaggart about the case or should the heroes just get started?NPC: It was hard to tell under the mask, but it seemed like Ultionis was frowning. "We'll see when we get there. For now-" He let go of Aquarius and shoved him roughly in the direction of the jet. "-let's just focus on getting the prisoner to where he can't do any damage." He looked over at Lodestone. "I assume I don't have to tell you not to let him out of your sight. I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I trust those stasis cuffs to do the job alone."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: @Trans: O_O huh,...I never would have guessed that. unfortunately i didnt read your post cause i did in fact get reported for it and i already got the warning. Lol at least i didnt try saying anything TOO vulgar or else i would have gotten a notification that i was banned from BZpower....that would have sucked....anyway.IC:Kaname listened intently. "I have one question: If Our Fade right here didnt choose to follow Frigid cause she was dead...and your Frigid somehow had a pulse...would something like a 'Death State' occur with this Novum before actually dying? maybe there was a Time set for that person to go to a Near Death State, only having a small pulse, just before the effects of the Novum kicked in maybe?"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------After a very long flight and sleep. X-Blade had made it to England. Next stop was a place in Swindon. "All I need is some information..." he looked at the file he bought off. "So..where do you live..." he panned out her living address, how he got a file on Sluice herself was unknown, maybe his influence and former position helped him out. But only people like mentor would even guess Who i was..maybe cause the only thing changed about me is the color of my clothes and my thirst for Pain. X-Blade got quite a few looks from other people while he walked through London trying to find a way.He found a taxi which stooped to pick up this weird looking person. "Where to?" X-Blade got into the cab, "can you take me to the nearest travel buses that go the Swindon.?" "Sure, it's only ten or so blocks away." as they drove off X-Blade knew that someone might have felt him coming, hopefully they will leave him alone. he was only here for a...vacation.

odstreflect.png

IC: Skyra"I wouldn't trust a fed to get the job done alone either." Skyra said dryly before getting in the League aircraft. Skyra hoped when they got to the Mansion he'd have time to get a change of clothes and buy some new katanas. He thought about seeing if the League had a tailor, his current costume just wasn't cutting it. Of course he could always worry about that after they figured out where Danielle was.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"My apologies for the rudeness of my fellow companion," Mystic said to Ultonis diplomatically. The last thing she wanted was an argument breaking out; not when there were bigger issues to deal with. "There are a few members of our organization who... well, let's just say might not be fond of someone in your line of work. It's just something you need to get used to."---"I'm... not quite sure what you're asking," said X-Calibur. "But Frigid simply cannot die. If you cut her, the Novum will simply replace the damaged cells. Maybe - and this is a very big maybe - she might die if you choped off her head, but no one's ever gotten close enough to even try. For all I know, she could just grow a second one..."Meanwhile, Fade didn't respond to Plasmafire. He didn't need to be told he'd done the right thing; he'd told himself that same thing far too many times since the day it happened. Letting Frigid die had been one of the toughest choices he'd ever had to make, but he'd always been sure he'd made the right choice. But now, could he even say it was really his choice? Did he only make that choice because some think tank at Solanum hadn't made the right breakthrough. If the Novum had worked, if he'd never had to truly confront what Frigid had become... could Fade really say he wouldn't have made the same mistake his double in this universe had?That was the devil of it all, not knowing. Fade could keep telling himself he'd have made the right choice, but until he'd actually lived it he'd have no way of knowing. And it was all because of one faulty drug. Fade didn't like that, the fate of the world hinging on such a tiny detail; if there was one thing Fade refused to consider himself, it was a pawn to fate."Well... no point in worrying about it now. What happened happened; we can't change that in either universe," Fade said, half to convince the others, half to convince himself. "We... what we can do is figure out what options we do have. X-Calibur, the machine that took us here... assuming it exists on this side... it be used to go to any world imaginable. If we can get it working, we could help get you off this world. I don't think you'd be welcome in our universe - there's already people who look a lot like you, after all - but I'm sure we could find somewhere-""No." X-Calibur's voice was firm and final. "This is my home, and I'm not about to abandon it. We've heard rumors of resistance movements elsewhere; in Japan, Australia, plus a few scattered pockets of rebellion across Europe. But they're fighting against constructs of snow and ice; they can't defeat that, just survive another day of it. The few of us still stuck in New York are the only ones who stand even a chance of making a strike against Frigid. Our fight is probably futile, but for the sake of what few human beings still survive, I wouldn't dare give up that fight for anything.""Very well then," Fade said. He could at least honor that sort of dedication. "At the very least, I can help you plan. I've beat Frigid once before, maybe I can think of something. How many of you are left?""Only a few dozens survivors, just about anybody who survived Lionheart's last stand. Only a third of us are superpowered; the rest are mostly civilians, we've trained them best we can," said X-Calibur. "Most of the superhumans are League, plus a few independent agents who joined us for the fight. Also... we've also recruited a few... well... they're... I guess you might say...""Oh, don't dance around the issue, X-Calibur," a voice said from the shadows. "You can call them what they are: supervillains. Anyone in the criminal underworld who wasn't able to flee the city before Frigid came crashing down on it like a wave. You welcomed them into the fold because... well, everyone else was dead, weren't they? There's no shame in that, X-Calibur, you just did what needed to be done to survive, right?"A familiar, raven-haired figure stepped out of the darkness. She'd kept her supersuit and mask, but had conceded to the temperature with a black parka. Fade stepped forward, ready to say hello to this universe's Sluice... then he stopped himself. He remembered just what had happened not long after he'd beat Frigid. He remembered everything before that had lead up to it. And just to confirm his suspicions, a depressingly familiar katana was still hanging from her belt.That katana."Well, I never quite expected to run into you again. Can't say I'm glad to, either," Fade said, wristblades extending almost instantly. "Hello... Isuken Sakeme..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: @HD, As far as I can remember, we're all waiting to get started

Kaname shrugged, "I dont know what I'm asking either."When someone else talked and made herself appear, he saw Fade get instantly offensive.. Bad Blood i suppose, of course she is a villain after all.he turned to X-Caliber, "if there isn't anything I'm missing, you Fade is currently with Frigid is he not? And since he's around possibly the same as her as far as power, is it possible to beat Him? I mean, if i couldnt even lay a scratch on a mere Copy of hers, even in my Lightning form" he showed his broken arm which was circulating with Black Lightning, "And the fact that she defeated the League that at the time had way more people than we have now, how could we beat her? Is there a way to revert the effects of this Super Charger? or do we need to have some sort of deal to counter the Novum?"

odstreflect.png

IC: Plasmafire's eyes narroed as he saw the Katana. "Well... This is a suprise." He stepped foward and looked at Fade. "Fade, I think you should relax. We don't know this story, although it does seem... Pretty bad."