Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

And will Vortixx come soon?

"Soon-ish". Which is to say "someday". At least it'll likely be a two-fer-one deal with Skadki and some other goodies too, due to the way I will have to program it.

Does this work only for windows? :(

Yes. Glorious PC gaming master race.

Actually, Apple is just stingy about you needing to both own a Mac and set up a dev account to even export to their format with GM:Studio. It naturally complicates things.

Someday... :( *Sigh*

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

You may try using an emulator program to run Windows EXEs on Mac, I know some people have had moderate success with that. The best would of course be for me to make a proper Mac version, but without a Mac myself I am at a loss ATM.

I'm working on the play set tool sprites now, hopefully they look good.

Well, my own sprites usually go through many phases before they are finished, so even if you post something we will publicly shame you for, it can probably be improved. :P

You may try using an emulator program to run Windows EXEs on Mac, I know some people have had moderate success with that. The best would of course be for me to make a proper Mac version, but without a Mac myself I am at a loss ATM.

Well, my own sprites usually go through many phases before they are finished, so even if you post something we will publicly shame you for, it can probably be improved. :P

I have access to several Macs. Would it possible to for me to use those and the game files to create a Max version, or would I need a Mac version of GM?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I have access to several Macs. Would it possible to for me to use those and the game files to create a Max version, or would I need a Mac version of GM?

Well, the current game is made with GM version 8.0, which only has a separate "GM for Mac" version that is not just kind of outdated; it was never quite at GM 8.0's level at all due to incompatibilities with certain functions. In more recent times, GM:Studio includes both Windows and Mac export from the same program, but Studio itself still only runs on Windows. As mentioned, you need to actually link GM up with a Mac in order to export to Mac. Format locks like this is pretty much why I don't like Apple; but that's another topic.

If someone were to own a Windows machine with GM:Studio on it plus a Mac to hook it up to (I forget if you need a paid Mac developer account too, but that might just be for publishing to their store), then I could probably send that person a zipped project file and have them export a working Mac version of the game. This would still require me to actually program the new version of the game in GM:Studio first, which has it's own problems. It's not just a copy/paste port job because things have changed between older versions and Studio. BF engine 2.0 will be made in Studio, but the current version of the game will never be able to see native Mac support.

I was talkng about when the Vortixx will be finished.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I was talkng about when the Vortixx will be finished.

Ah, right. :P Well, they are visibly in progress, at least, and that's more than I can say for some other things I've mentioned, like certain new maps.

Here, as promised: A GIF.

elastic_punch_test1.gif

• Upvote 2

Cool, but mechanically it looks... strange. It would make more sense for it to crack its arm like a whip, wouldn't it?

That would look even cooler, I think. It might just be a bit too OP, basically attacking all enemies above and in front of you.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I have a question: I found teh Kadin concept test and greatly enjoyed it. What pages would more of those tests be on?

What pages would more of those tests be on?

I did a test of some new aiming mechanics here: [ Post: Laser Crossbow ] Note that it, like the Kadin test, is not 100% set, and that it is missing features such as being able to turn around, switch to normal movement, and so on.

Edited by Katuko

Just an idea for Rahkshi of Elasticity: maybe when an arm stretches, the hand would still look normal and just the arm would extend

I did that at first, but it actually looks slightly weird. If you hold a weapon I imagine I will have to to it just like that, though.

Just an idea for Rahkshi of Elasticity: maybe when an arm stretches, the hand would still look normal and just the arm would extend

I did that at first, but it actually looks slightly weird. If you hold a weapon I imagine I will have to to it just like that, though.

yeah that's sort of what I was thinking.

two new weapons! I made a rapier by splitting a Halo energy sword in half, and a new Kanoka launcher

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg

two new weapons! I made a rapier by splitting a Halo energy sword in half, and a new Kanoka launcher

"The file you've been looking for is not here."

For both of them.

"The file you've been looking for is not here."

For both of them.

OOOPS

thats's kind of embarrassing.

Here they are this time for real: Rapier and Disk Launcher

20795.jpg

Oh wow months after I last visited and I see this HUD update being discussed. :P

It's really cool.

I know, it's awesome! Also, how long has it been since you last checked this topic(excluding most recent, of course), because there's been a few mini games Katuko's made as sneak peaks of what's going to be implemented into the game. The latest one demonstrated aiming with long-ranged weapons. Just thought you'd like to know.

Mini-games? :o Where can I find them?

I'm sorry that I haven't commented on these until now. They look good. :)

Kanohi Kadin: [ Post link ]

Laser Crossbow: [ Post link ]

They are not mini-games so much as minor mechanic tests, and they will probably receive some small changes before actually being implemented. The Kadin test doesn't have any non-flight mode, for example, so it doesn't give any impression of how take-off/landing will feel. Still, have fun. :)

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but on my game the flamethrower Exo-Toa boss thingy ALWAYS crashes the game. I'm on Windows 8.1.

I believe in the topic starter post it is stated that there is a debug version for Windows 8. It's located in 'Settings' in game.

I'm on Windows 8.1.

For some reason Windows 8.1 seems to have issues with certain attacks, and using multiple fireballs or lightning balls at once are some of the triggers for crashes. Until I fix it, you can use an option in the menu of the latest version to apply a dirty fix for this problem. It will replace the multi-fireball attack with a single one that does more damage, while Toa of Lightning get to use a Chain Lightning attack instead of the problematic lightning spread.

It just hit me: maybe there should be a matoran class that spawns a boxor that is active for a short while and then becomes a meat shield before it disapears (or it can be a perk for the worker)

I'm sorry that I haven't commented on these until now. They look good. :)

Kanohi Kadin: [ Post link ]
Laser Crossbow: [ Post link ]

They are not mini-games so much as minor mechanic tests, and they will probably receive some small changes before actually being implemented. The Kadin test doesn't have any non-flight mode, for example, so it doesn't give any impression of how take-off/landing will feel. Still, have fun. :)

I tried the flight test, it's pretty awesome when you open a skillet song to fill the emptiness in the background

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

I tried the flight test, it's pretty awesome when you open a skillet song to fill the emptiness in the background

I originally had a music clip playing whenever you activated flight, but I decided not to bloat the file size.

I have an idea. Put it on steam greenlight. And then if it gets greenlit then it could be an early access game :)

Two problems with that:

- BIONICLE is not my copyright

- This game will be strictly non-profit

Any original games I make could be a Greenlight attempt, but BIONICLE Fighter will never be.

has anybody considered my boxor idea?(not to sound impatient or self centered but...)

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

has anybody considered my boxor idea?(not to sound impatient or self centered but...)

I have already made such a suggestion:

Originally I wrote "crafters", but that's not an actual word, so I changed it to "workers". I'll call them craftsmen.

I considered having Miner/Engineer be a thing, but I could't find any good abilities for them. I don't have sprites of the Boxor or any other real Matoran-appropriate vehicles, but if I find/make some it could work to make them construct vehicles.

bBhcfWO.png

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, I am also working on some PHP and jQuery stuff (web programming). I want to get a domain and set up a simple site where I can host pages for things such as this game. A decent login system and a simple file-reading function could allow you to upload your character files and show off your builds online.

For the record, I am also working on some PHP and jQuery stuff (web programming). I want to get a domain and set up a simple site where I can host pages for things such as this game. A decent login system and a simple file-reading function could allow you to upload your character files and show off your builds online.

ooooo that sounds cool! can't wait to use it!

20795.jpg

This isn't a bug as such, but you might want to fix it before you bring out multiplayer. Basically, Psionics Toa who are wearing either a Huna or a Volitak can just stand there with their shield up and mask activated whilst shooting bots with their homing Psionics beam thingy. Is it just me, or is this a little unfair?

VBWj75sh.png

This isn't a bug as such, but you might want to fix it before you bring out multiplayer. Basically, Psionics Toa who are wearing either a Huna or a Volitak can just stand there with their shield up and mask activated whilst shooting bots with their homing Psionics beam thingy. Is it just me, or is this a little unfair?

The game is horribly unbalanced as is, you can probably expect changes.

bBhcfWO.png

Yes, I will attempt to balance stuff like that. The only problem is that it is hard to judge how balanced a power is until people have used and abused it for a while. Plus, bots are rather mindless. An actual player would be able to notice the giant glowing shield sphere and therefore render the Huna useless for as long as it is active. The AI is just too simple to give a good impression at the moment.

Plus, Huna + shield + beam attacks should drain energy very quickly. If you're using spawn pads to constantly refill energy while using this tactic, keep in mind that there will likely be no spawn pad healing in later editions of the game.

Holy cow, I just got it onto my PC and this game is amazing! I love the boss fights, even if they can be brutal the first time. A few things I dislike: Rahkshi of Shattering's explosion power. During the Rahkshi boss fight, I couldn't get anywhere close to Pahnrahk because it just kept blasting me away. When I did get close, it blasted me over. That's my only complaint, this game is totally awesome!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015