Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

IC: Ring in Arena:The bug being hissed as Atorre managed to knock him tothe ground- however, it was then that the Steltian leapt onto Atorre from behind, aiming to tackle him or at the very least climb on top.IC: Vertak, With Kovian:"No... nothing much matters right now." Vertak replied, as the AI Tavyn drove up to them in the Tumbler. "Well... see you all there."Vertak hopped into the Tumbler and immediately began to speed away from the group, allowing Tavyn to drive at speeds that would be considered illegal in the extreme even then while he examined the map for any changes in the locations of the Keys.Where the Keys are, Lyxek is. He thought to himself.-ibrow

IC - Zanth/Kovian - Eastern Barrens: "Be there soon," Zanth said. "If you must... follow them."The Sherif looked at his group. "Change of plans: We're teleporting. Gather around."Kovian looked at Zanth. As the Sherif waited for his group to move, the Team Zero leader, approached Kovian. He held out his hand."Keep an eye on things, Kovian," he said. "I know you can succeed." Kovian shook the being's hand, unsure of what he meant. As Zanth moved back, teleporting a moment later, the Toa of Ice looked at his hand. A card had been placed in his palm, bearing a strange symbol--seven circles around an intricate, cross-like shape.The Toa Exa's emblem.Kovian looked up to where Zanth had been a moment ago. Pushing this out of his mind, he turned toward the Ring base. "Let's go."IC - Kaorus - South: "Done," Kaorus said, as they rounded a corner. His estimates had been accurate--only around sixteen beings were present, though they emanated power. All of them bore the symbol of the guild on their armor. He waved as they approached. "Let us get to business. These two beings have seen what we're up against, Tyis--they can provide information on the Nakari."The being that Kaorus spoke to looked at them, nodding. "Greetings," he said. "We have no time to waste. Proceed.'

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: I was going to blindly comply with everything you RPed, Parugi. But then I realized that that would be a disservice to the skills and awesomeness of my characters. So here you go! Have fun. :P You will notice, that unlike my last post, this one doesn't leave everything up to "chance". If you say it must be so, just tell me what and I will edit this post in any way you see fit.IC / Searcher’s Chasm / With Kairan, for now:“YEOUCH!” Swerv yelled as he fell back, slightly smoking. The thing began to move and Swerv laughed at himself. Who was he fooling? He couldn’t feel pain. Rolling to his feet as the mech began to flap its wings, Swerv began to race for the edge of the chasm.Swerv giggled like a Ga-Matoran as he ran, “YEE-HAW! TECHNOLOGY! Yup, I had to!” As the mech began to fly overhead, Swerv calculated its progress and its rate of descent as it did descend to enter the chasm. It reached the edge of the chasm, getting lower, and Swerv was right behind.Timing the flapping of its wings, Swerv reached the edge, and jumped.“WOOOOOHOOOOO!” Swerv yelled as he magnetically adhered himself between the things wings on its back. It probably didn’t have a camera or some way to sense what touched its armor, but even if it did, Swerv was in just the right spot where beings just couldn’t seem to reach no matter how hard they tried.Yeah, Swerv would probably go unnoticed. The wings would have to stop moving if the mech tried to grab him, and that would spell disaster for both of them. The mechs went down in a circle, so the other mech’s couldn’t see him. Even if they did, they still faced the one mech’s wing dilemma.Not once during jumping onto the mech’s back did Swerv think about what he was going to do when he reached the bottom.IC / KNPD HQ / With Lurinost, Sensha, and Brother:Oh, Waiter’s mind might be slag at the moment, but at the moment, he was not thinking. He was killing.Eyes half closed, Waiter dropped his left arm to his side before Sensha fell, barely registering the loss of his powers as Sensha’s hand slammed the back of his head. Hidden back up? Yeah right. If that had been hidden, then Waiter was a master assassin. Still, he hadn’t expected loss of his powers. And without all of his conscious brain thought, his reaction time was slow.Still, Waiter let go of the grenade he had grabbed, lobbing it into Sensha’s belly even as she smacked him. The grenade activated, increasing the gravity in a large enough area to affect the three of the combatants, but not Brother around the next corner. And increase gravity it did. The now hunk of metal thinly attached to Waiter’s chest snapped off and Waiter fell, getting slammed to the floor. As he fell, he twisted and aimed his crossbow high.Chunk-chunk-chunk-chunk. Shot after shot of metal went towards the ceiling, only to be caught in the extreme gravity and rush for Lurinost’s body all the faster and with more force. And all of this was before she even finished speaking. There was no way she was turning back to sand that fast. If it was sand, that is.Weird, it seemed Waiter’s assassin ingrained subconscious worked faster than his conscious mind after all. That’s why beings relied on their instincts in battle.Brother peaked around the corner again, raising a hand. Shadows stretched out from him, never losing their connection and therefore not losing power. They reached Sensha’s form and gabbed down, aiming to piece through her brain and heartlight. It seemed Brother was only thinking of killing as well.

Edited by Kal the Guardian

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan heard the message, and frowned, as he glanced over at Swerv, who was likely going to go based on that one statement by Zanth, however, he figured it was a better idea to at least wait a little bit for Zanth... However, if Swerv moved to jump in, he might as well follow. Which the robot did shortly after. Sighing, Kairan shook his head, shrugged, and jumped in after, letting the wind fly past his armour, as he held his arms out to slow his descent a bit, at the very least.OOC: Honestly, this might be the best place for Kairan to be, despite how much I want him to go after Lyxek; he has the hoverboots Miru, after all. =P

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre grunted, struggling under the Steltian's weight before flipping him onto the bug. The being's exoskeleton was tough, but it had its limits and was promptly crushed. The squashed bug squirted acid... Right onto the Steltian, who Artorre finished off with his sword. He rushed over to his motorcycle. He looked around. Nothing but bodies and... Well, more bodies, as far as the eye could see. He got in and drove away, speaking into his Team Crest."Anyone want to tell me what's going on?"IC: Aranai: Ring HQ:Aranai arrived at the base and quickly joined the defending force.IC: Peacemaker: South District:Peacemaker explained what he knew."The Nakari, besides being able to spit acid and fly, can convert into energy and shoot forward at high speeds. Besides that, I suspect it has several features it's just "itching" to display."

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Searcher's Chasm - Northern BarrensThe action concerning the giant flying mechs and others diving into the hole caught Greel's attention, causing the Team Slight member to watch them descend into the darkness below. "Hmm," he though aloud. "Calik, does this battle include entering this massive pit?" His eyes were set where the mechs, Swerv, and Kairan had drifted down towards; he felt like he was gazing into the abyss, for it was too deep and dark to tell how far it went down, or what was within.In the case that they were required to head inside, Greel focused his transportation abilities on opening a gateway that would lead to the bottom. It would also be great for taking a look at what was down there without actually having to jump in. A blazing fire from his Toa friend could reveal the surroundings as well.

IC: BarrensSol walked over to Zanth as he waved to his brother. One moment he was in the barrens the next he was not.Marx saw something change hands between Zanth and Kovian. He guessed it was personal and thus asked no question.He walked behind the Toa. Unsure what would happen but he set his doubts aside.IC: Giant Hole in the GroundToxin saw some beings jump into the chasm."Hey wait for ME!" He said slightly louder than he thought he would, as he forgot he left the speakers on at near max volume. It was also clear that madness gripped this beings mind just by hearing his voice. The Feranaki infection had taken hold just not in the same way its original creator would have hoped.He crawled over to the side and crawled down the side of the hole.Finding this was not fast enough he shot out a protosteel like rope from the machines backside.And descended in a very spider-like fashion.

IC: Elittra, With Zanth:Elittra grinned as she heard Atorre. "Hey Atorre!" she replied. "We're all going everywhere. Some are going someplace exciting, and that's where I'm going. Some are going to some boring old building with lots of people. And then another group, if you're still in City, is going there to investigate something! You might want to join up with them."

OOC: Yeah, probably a bit too fast. But I had to finish it up quickly. Also, I'm as Kanohi-confused as ever now that I have my new avatar. It's great, but I keep forgetting he has a Komau shaped like a Calix, not an actual Calix. =PIC: Artorre: Western Barrens:Artorre exited the Arena as he replied to Eittra."Yeah, it seems I ran out of people to fight. Could you perhaps explain what's going on without being extremely vague?" He joked.IC: Aranai: Ring HQ:Aranai found herself a well-hidden perch from which to snipe, taking out her blowgun, which she began to clean in a slightly obsessive manner.

IC - Cluster Series - The Garden: Swerv's assumption was accurate, as the mechs did nothing to try and rid theirselves of his presence. Rapidly, they approached the ground, flapping their wings to slow their descent, before turning and planting their feet on the ground. The mechs hunched over for a moment, allowing their angelic wings to retract into their body, before straightening up and staring around.One by one, they raised their right arms, each one aiming at a different point on a wall. A ball of light appeared in each of their hands. They launched forward, flying into different parts of the Garden, planting on the walls. Within moments, their glows brightened, illuminating the valleys and meadows hidden beneath Kai-Nam.Silently communicating to one another, they began walking, separating from each other, completely ignoring the debris that they had landed around--the tomb of so many KNPD officers...IC - The Director - Citadel: "Enough."Time seemed to freeze around Waiter, Sensha, Lurinost, and Brother. One by one, they winked out of existence, thrown through space and darkness, a neverending void of nothingness.With a thud, Waiter and Brother landed... somewhere. It was impossible to tell where they were. Shadows--unnatural shadows--covered the place. The air here was foul, stagnant, laced with something that seemed powerful enough to draw most beings into an anxious mental state. A perfect circle of red light appeared in front of and above the pair, looking down on Waiter and Brother, casting them in an eerie red glow.Lurinost and Sensha were nowhere to be found."You have trespassed on this land. You have waded through evil." The light seemed to contract, growing smaller--like the narrowing of an eye. "You have come to find me; here I am--your world's salvation."OOC: I'll... add more later. Out of steam right now.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Theron | With Tyis"They are far cleverer than they appear," the Toa added. "They seem to be learning. Even as one falls, the next will not make the same mistake. They also appear to posess some means of sensing that which is around them. One evaded my blade before it should have been able to percieve it. I reccommend dispatching them quickly, before they can learn our movements, and switching tactics each time."=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, as he heard the thuds of the mechs landing; and quickly flipped around in the air and activated his Miru, allowing him to slowly descend to the ground, even as the glow from the balls illuminated the Garden, forcing him to shield his eyes for a moment, as he slowly looked around the mysterious Garden, hoping he wouldn't be seen; at least before Zanth and the others arrived.

IC: Seacher's Chasm - Northern BarrensThe gateway opened, giving Greel a view into the pitch blackness of the chasm's secluded recesses. He beckoned for Rocky to follow inside, the lion's mane flaring with bright white fires to illuminate their surroundings. Faint and distant lights could be seen in various areas of the pit's bottom, unmoving as they radiated a pale glow.Switching on the heat-seeking function of his goggles, the Team Slight member surveyed the vast land around him, searching for the presence of any other beings. While his eyes glanced around, his mind reached out as he telepathically scanned the place. Slowly and carefully, the pair advanced further into the Garden.Behind them, the portal was still opened, it too shedding any light from the world above into the chasm's bottom. Should Calik wish to join, he could slip right through.

IC - Tyis/Kaorus - South District: Tyis nodded slowly at this information, trying to piece it together with what he had gathered from his own mental scans."It sounds like they have some sort of mental connection with one another," the Guild leader said. "That could be troublesome... Perhaps... pooled memories, shared minds... That could be useful in defeating them..." He smiled, saying nothing for a moment as he performed a mental scan around City. "They're concentrated in West District. Perhaps if we could herd them into one location and keep them distracted, I could utilize a mental shock to stun them all at once. That would give you a chance to finish them off.""What of the other creatures?" Kaorus asked."Easily dispatched or ignored, for now," Tyis said. "They act without cooperation. They are disjointed. Take them down as you find them, but for the most part, focus on the Nakari." Kaorus nodded. "Good. I will send out our forces and begin to lead the beasts into West District's centerpoint. Does that work for you?"IC - Zanth/Group - Searcher's Chasm: Zanth and the rest of his group reappeared at the edge of the chasm. The Sherif said nothing for a moment, approaching the hole and peering down into it. Faint lights could be seen at the bottom. He briefly glanced up at the rapidly darkening sky, and the thundering clouds above."No sense waiting..." he said, shrugging. Without warning, he grabbed the two beings closest to him, teleporting down into the Garden. A moment later, he reappeared and did the same, again and again until his group was all in. He brushed his hands off, nodding at Kairan as he appeared nearby. "Good to see you in one piece. Any other information on these mechs?"IC - Sanshou/Group - South District: Sanshou was beginning to grow worried. Despite the City's destruction, they had yet to run into any opposition yet. She had expected the streets to be crawling with Nakari and those... things... that she and Zanth had seen, but so far... nothing.She would just have to keep her guard up."Someone want to scout ahead for us?" she asked. "An ambush would not be good right now..."IC - Kovian/Group - East Barrens: As his group approached the Ring base, Kovian began to focus his elemental powers on the area. A blizzard erupted around them to mask their approach, while a field of silence blocked any noise that his group made from reaching whatever guards may have been keeping watch outside of the base."I hope you're all ready for this," he called, staring forward. "Chances are someone's going to die here...""Now who doesn't sound confident?" Illuxio said. He went through what information he knew, trying to determine who was likely to be guarding the base. Vailian, for sure, he thought. Maybe... hm... I know Tarius was there... Who else...An image flashed before his eyes as he walked. The chamber... the Coder... but not on Vailian's hand...IC - The Collector - The Garden: Above the pile of debris and stone that covered the bodies of the deceased KNPD forces, a cloud of green began to form. Silently, unnoticed for the moment, orbs of blue energy began to appear from the pile, floating slowly into the cloud, only to disappear in its depths...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: And we're reaching the branching point soon. Things are not going as I thought they would, by any means of the word. =P-==IC: Kairan==-"Not really; they landed here, and activated lights, and then started looking around. I have a bad feeling about what they're looking for." Kairan said with a grim frown, as he noticed Zanth, and looked around the Garden again."Any clue where the object's supposed to be?" Kairan said, not wanting it to fall into the Ring's hands; no matter what had to be done to prevent that.

IC: South District - CityHexxon and Anar stepped up to Sanshou's side, their attention up ahead. "We'll check things out," the Odinan told her, switching on his and the dargon's Day Run generators.The pair shimmered from sight and were completely silenced as a result. Unseen by the others, they drifted just above the ground, intangible enough so that an attempted attack would pass right through them. In this stealthy state, Hexxon and his pet moved away from the gathered, his mask power reaching out around to feel for the presence of another.IC: Seacher's Chasm - Northern BarrensMental energies swept across the chasm's bottom, probing the area for signs of life and radiating from where Greel stood. Not too long after beginning, he picked up on the minds of those he had spotted with the mechs... and also a few newer ones. The Psionic energy dispersed as he turned his head in Zanth's direction. A look toward that spot revealed the heat of their bodies. As he could see and sensed with his mind, there were a number of them. Both he and Rocky headed that way, believing they were here for the same reason. If they were, that was a good thing. If not, he always enjoyed a fight.

IC: The GardenThe Garden was darker than Sol imagined even with the mechs and their lights.He held his hand up and a sphere of light appeared in it.Mist seemed to coil off of the sphere and fall to the ground."Just wondering. But if we need to can the Coeur D'Ombre be destroyed?"IC: East BarrensThe cold did not get to Marx as much as the oppressive silence and downtrodden mood of the group."So what kind of defenses do they have? And will there be any teleportation scramblers?" He asked trying to ease the tension.IC: South DistrictSlate was going to scout but someone else did first.So he scanned the area with his telepathic powers looking for any mind's of hostile beings.IC: The Garden"Maybe I'll stick with you." Said Toxin thru his spider-like mech's speakers to Zanth's group. His mind was so far fragmented that he did not bother introducing himself or asking their names. He just guessed he already knew this information but he didn't.He was going to follow the large robots but they did not seem to be intelligent and Toxin did not want to be around boring machines. And he has a little scared so he wanted to be around friendlier things.

IC: Vertak, Heading to Ring HQ:"This is gonna be great." Vertak said to himself. IC: Elittra, The Garden:Elittra summoned two spheres of lightning that danced and sparked harmlessly within her hands, helping to illuminate the area while she replied to Atorre."Afraid cryptic is the business, Atorre." she sighed pseudo-dramatically. "Never know who's listening! They should be coming from the Southern Barrens though, if that helps you at all."

IC: Artorre: Nearing City (From West):Artorre sighed. "Didn't think so." He shifted his direction to the south-east, figuring he'd meet up with whoever was coming from the south, but he came to a dead stop when he saw the City. He gasped. He swore vengeance, like many others likely had, upon those responsible. He slowly set off to the south-east again.OOC: What exactly is in the Southern Barrens again?

IC - Zanth - The Garden: "In theory, it should be at least damageable," Zanth said. "Unlike the others, this half of the Heart wasn't one of the original pieces that Rhashahk was made into--it shouldn't have nearly as powerful of defenses as they do." He began walking forward, nodding in the direction of a large forest far in the distance. "I can't speak for the mechs, but the forest is the only section of the Garden that Suya and I didn't get to search. The Heart will be in there." IC - Feranaki - City: As Hexxon and Slate began to search around, they would find no living minds. However, a fairly large number of Feranaki roamed the area around the Citadel--and, in fact, they seemed to be converging on that area...IC - Kovian - Eastern Barrens: "Honestly, I have no idea," Kovian answered Marx. They were almost to their destination now; just a bit further and--The Toa of Ice frowned, letting the silence field and snowstorm drop as something shot toward the Tumbler.IC - The Collector - The Garden: As the last of the blue orbs were absorbed into the Collector's essence, the green cloud began to dissipate. Silently, the Collector's red eyes swept over the Garden group, a soft cackle escaping its lips as it disappeared.IC - Lyxek/Kerid/Ehjoras - The Platform: Lyxek looked up as he finished the prayer, slowly rising to his feet. While the sky had darkened, nothing else seemed to have happened. Kerid looked around."Is that it?" she asked. "That's your great revival?""Only the beginning," Lyxek said. "Only one more thing must be done now, and it will be finished in mere moments. Just watch..."He smiled at Kerid's expression as blackness began to surround the platform, cloaking it in a pitchblack orb that obscured everything around them...IC - Dalmia/Vailian/Illuxio - Ring HQ Entrance: A cascade of snow sprung up in front of the Tumbler as Vertak drove toward the Ring base, a strange force seeming to cut through the ground like a shark's fin through water. As Vertak presumably swerved out of the way, the snow would drop to reveal Dalmia, standing in the entrance to the Ring's base, staring out toward the Barrens."Just in time," he called out. "I was beginning to worry that my own audience wouldn't show up." He sent another burst at Kovian and the rest of the group. The burst hit the shield created by Illuxio's Rebound Generator, bouncing off of it though pushing the robot back several feet. Dalmia smiled behind his visor. "Excellent... excellent..."Dalmia? Vailian thought, watching this from his hidden perch. What is he doing?

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Srizz | South DistrictHaving left his vehicle concealed just by the city gates (stealth mode on, of course) Srizz now stalked the shadows beside his new 'team.' He'd considered doing the recon himself - it was kind of his thing - but was apparently too slow in reaching a decision. Ah, well. With any luck those stealth generators would be good enough to fool the Feranaki. He, admittedly, couldn't see or hear the two scouts, but he could smell them just fine. Then again, it might be hard to smell anything over all that Feranaki stench. Eugh...-=H-D=-IC: Theron | South DistrictTheron nodded. "I shall find a beast and drag it here myself if I must." He looked strong enough to pull it off, too. "Do you know where they are, or do we search for the trail of destruction?"=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

-==IC: Kairan==-"Right; then let's go." Kairan said with a nod, as he began to head toward the forest, Zaydan following as well.-==IC: Selirah==-"You again..." Selirah said with a slight frown, recalling that her Sonic powers had not worked on the being.

IC: South District - CityNormally, if he didn't pick up any minds, Hexxon would have reported back with no findings. However, earlier events with little to no access to another's mentality had left the Odnian deciding that mental searches were no longer effective as they once were. It also had him wondering if he himself should go about learning some mental techniques for defense...As he and Anar floated higher into the air and drifted farther ahead, they spotted the grotesque creatures. Each one seemed to be heading in the same direction, which also happened to be the one his and Sanshou's group were walking in. This was definately going to be a problem. Hexxon wretched at the Feranaki and teleported back to the others, deactivating the sound-dampening and other devices to report what he had noted. IC: The GardenGreel joined in with the assembled beings as they entered the Garden. "Is this group part of the 'glorious and probably suicidial battle' I heard about?" he asked one of the persons.He heard some of the words of their conversation, something about a heart with the ability to be damaged. It sounded to him that this was the thing Calik was talking about.IC: Ring HQ Entrance - Ring HQThe action attracted the attention of Wasponax, who watched from his own hidden spot near the Ring base's front doors. It appeared that there was going to be another battle -- and at the Ring's very HQ. He did not get involved yet, as it looked like that Dalmia character who led the attack at the Day Run Arena has things under control.This should be interesting, the collective of insect minds thought.

IC / The Garden / Clinging to a Mech:So far the mechs had done well to ignore him. Well, done well as in Swerv was grateful to them for not taking notice of him. Deciding that if that hadn’t noticed him yet, they might notice and attack him if he jumped off the mech he was currently on, so Swerv just hung on, waiting to see how far this free ride would go.IC / Ring HQ Entrance / Derping out in his hoverbike:Draxion did a double take. They had found Dalmia this early? But he didn’t see Ehjoras anywhere, and who knew how many tough dudes there were inside the mountain, which was apparently the Ring base? Draxion guessed it really must be their HQ if Dalmia was here.Up in the air in his hoverbike, Draxion frowned as conflicting feelings towards Dalmia filled his mind as he watched the being below.IC / Citadel / Confused:Brother stood blinking, and frowned. That was not teleportation. That was something more powerful that didn’t induce nausea. What.. was this Director capable of? So, what? Were they captured now, or something? One thing was certain, the shadows in the room were not natural. And even then, he couldn’t control them. That unnerved Brother more than anything else on this island had so far.He was in control of the shadows, a being of shadow. And being out of touch with them actually scared him, making him feel like he had no control.Oh, that’s just great. Brother had completely missed what the Director had-ThunkThunk-Thunk-ThunkBrother ducked and rolled. He heard more metal bolt skitter to the ground as Waiter kept firing, eyes starting to roll back into the Toa’s head. Just great, he was killing everything that moved. His mind must have snapped or something.In the eerie red glow, Brother saw Waiter readjust his aim and fire again. Simply raising a hand, Brother gasped as he forgot the shadows had deserted him. Thankfully, his hands didn’t have the “bone” that made him better than his normal Rahkshi brothers, so the bolt sticking through his hand did not hurt.Thunk-ThunkGreat, that pesky Toa was still firing. If his whole body hadn’t been armor, he would be in so much pain right now. Brother went to dodge and tripped over something. In the darkness he couldn’t tell what it was, and then he realized it must be the metal that used to be Waiter’s chest armor.Brother paused, he was out of the glow of the Director’s, well, whatever that creepy thing was. Waiter had stopped firing, and looked ready to collapse. What had happened to him? Brother didn’t make a sound as Waiter seemed to be searching for him. Well, as much as what appeared to be a broken Toa could.Awww, just great. Brother wondered if the Director had been speaking again. He did not want to miss this stuff, seeing as how the shadows in here made him feel claustrophobic. Well, when he wasn’t being shot at.Yeah, he wanted out of here, immediately. They just needed to kill the Director, and then get back to normal stuff, like stop Lyxek from raising a dead god back to life. Although that first part seemed to be getting increasingly difficult.IC / The Garden / With Zanth’s Group:“Wait a minute,” Sevorik said. Desoria and him had decided to stick with the group with the least amount of members, although they seemed to have picked up one. “Are there any guardians here? Any specific powers? And what kind of defenses?”Sevorik, still new to this island, had no clue what he was getting himself into.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Calik - Garden"Probably, though more on the 'suicidal' scale."Suddenly, a small orb of fire was ignited, illuminating the area around Calik and Greel, as well as signalling their presence to Zanth's group."Excuse me, but have any of you guys happened to talk to a very obnoxious motorcycle recently?" the Toa of Fire called out to the group.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Zanth/Group - The Garden: "That would be us," Zanth said to Greel and Calik. He looked at Sevorik. "There are a number of creatures that guard this place. They are extensions of the Garden. As long as we stick together, they won't be an issue."He glanced at the mechs in the distance. They had moved quite a distance in the short time that they had started walking, though the fact that they weren't all in a group--or going in the same direction--concerned him. What could they be for?"Kairan," he said. "Did you happen to see who delivered the mechs? Or find anything that would show who they belong to?"IC - Tyis Members - South District: Tyis closed his eyes. An illusionary map appeared before him, showing the entirety of West District. A number of red dots were scattered about, showing the locations of the Nakari."Take your pick."IC - Sanshou/Others - Moving toward Central: "That's concerning..." Sanshou said as Hexxon finished his report. She rubbed her chin. "Unless someone can teleport, either we'll have to cut through them and risking losing everyone, or someone is going to have to distract them."As they were nearing the Citadel, she turned to address the others. "Any other ideas?"IC - The Director - Beneath Citadel: The Director didn't seem to react as Waiter fired his crossbow. The red light continued to focus on the Toa of Iron, like the eyes of a hawk look down on its prey. Bolt bounced off of the great... thing... before the pair, doing nothing to harm it.A moment later, a circle of red energy appeared around Waiter's feet as he finally stopped firing. Red light rose up, forming a cylindrical cage around him. It illuminated the darkness as the red light from the Director shifted, shining on Brother again."Identify." The Director's voice boomed in the large chamber. Where once it had sounded like any other being's, now it was simply a deep, commanding, and electronically-distorted sound.IC - Dalmia/Others - In front of Ring HQ: Dalmia grinned at Selirah. "Me again."He raised his arms. Vailian's eyes widened as the Ring member turned his head. Even through that ebon visor, he could tell that Dalmia was looking at him--as well as every other Ring agent hidden around the entrance.Vailian ducked just in time.Energy tendrils lashed out in every direction, mist-like blasts striking the base, the ground, nearby vehicles--everything. Dalmia was aiming to hit and damage anyone and everything he could. Kovian and Illuxio's group scrambled to avoid the blasts. Parts of the mountain exploded as Dalmia attacked.Almost as soon as they started, the blasts ended.Kovian pushed himself to his feet, glaring at Dalmia. He could almost see the Ring member's smug smirk beneath his helmet. The Toa activated the scope on his mask, scanning him for weaknesses."That," Dalmia said after a moment. "was just a taste of what's to come." He clapped his hands together. "A new reign of chaos is about to begin--and I'll be right at its head!" He looked up. "Collector--it's time!"Illuxio looked up, jaw dropping in horror as he saw the green cloud beginning to appear around Dalmia. Like lightning, blue energy lanced from it, jumping from the Collector's molecules and connecting with Dalmia's body. The green lines on his body began to glow; the air wavered with the sudden shifts in temperature and pressure. A soft laugh began to sound, slowly growing in intensity as a blue and gray aura began to appear around the Ring member."Oh no..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Vertak, Ring HQ:Vertak had cursed loudly alongside Tavyn as they swerved out of the way, and when they stopped Vertak scrambled around to find the remote and a headset for behind his mask."Is there one?" he asked the AI."To your left."Vertak put it in, glad that he'd be able to confer with both Rhindon and Tavyn now. "Tavyn, first order: fire some rockets at the Ring HQ, see if you can cause some-"He was cut of by Dalmia's attack and was flung about as the Tumbler spun and flipped through the air, receiving several dents and scratches along the way. Thankfully, it landed on its wheels... for now."Th-that... was not cool..." Vertak gasped, pulling himself up slowly, rubbing his arm. "Tavyn... fire those rockets...."As the AI obeyed, Vertak hopped out and pulled Rhindon out."Hey, Dalmia!" he called. "Give me a bit of warning next time, will you?!"

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan nodded."As far as I could tell, by my knowledge of the symbols... It was the Ring's symbol on the container. I didn't see what delivered it really, though." Kairan said with a slight frown.-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah frowned, and looked over at Illuxio, who appeared to not like the looks of this at all. In response, Selirah gripped her staff, and attempted to 'slash' outward, sending a sonic shockwave toward Dalmia, attempting to disrupt the energy before it did anything else.

IC: Calik Raktu - The Garden/Near Zanth's groupCalik raised an eyebrow at Zanth's and Kairan's conversation, "So, either the Ring has sent a mech over to this place... for some reason. Or someone else wants us to think that the Ring sent this mech."He glanced between the other group members, shrugging, "Just a theory."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Outside of Ring HQ"You foul winged lizard go back to whatever rock you crawled out from under." Said Marx, he was clearly not amused by Dalmia's antics.Marx used his mask and his shadow powers and faded into the shadow. Hoping not to be ripped apart by this strange, overpowered being. That if Marx had to be brutally honest he didn't like at all.

Edited by paragon

IC: South District - City "No worries," Hexxon said to assure her. "My powers provide teleportation. We can slip right past them and head inside the KNPD headquarters." He placed a hand on Anar's head, while holding the other out to Sanshou. "It requires a link, though, so everyone will need to hold each other's hands."IC: Throne Room - Ring HQAll around Kaytana the throne room rumbled, dust falling to the ground and cracks appearing in the walls and ceiling. Her crimson eyes flashed open, darting first at the door, then at the damage fortifications. In her mechanical claw was a brightly hued flower, poisonous of course, which she had been smelling. From what the Skakdi saw, heard, and felt, it sounded like there was an attack or fight going on outside. Hopefully Vailian and whoever else might have shown up were able to handle it...If not, she thought, they'll just have to get past me.IC: Ring HQ Entrance - Ring HQWasponax leapt to the side to avoid being crushed by the energy. However, the Dark Hunter hadn't moved fast enough, as a piece of rubble damaged his mech's right leg. It was quite a surprise to see the Ring member lash out at his comrades, betray them so suddenly. The insects noticed through the blue-tinted eyes of the machine one notable individual standing among their enemies: Reaper. More confusion entered the hive mind as he tired to get the Hive to its feet.What is he doing?! IC: The GardenGreel beamed at Zanth. "Oh, good!" he said cheerfully. His head turned forward, back to the Garden as they ventured in farther. "So, what are we looking at here?"

OOC: Paragon, attacking at a subatomic level seems like a bit of a God-Mode-level attack...IC - Zanth/Group - The Garden: "Hm..." Zanth didn't respond, considering this. He tore his gaze away from the mechs, turning back to the approaching forest. Whatever the mechs were doing... well, he would find out soon enough.Tapping into Suya's control over plant life, Zanth began searching the trees for any indication of where the Heart would be. Given the size of the place, it was going to take some time--if it was even possible--to find it. Hopefully they would actually have that time..."Old Kai-Nam," Zanth answered Greel. "Otherwise known as the Garden. What Lyxek is doing right now is what resulted in its creation--literally causing the island to sink before being covered by new land." He looked around. "What we're looking for is, basically, a mechanical heart."IC - Sanshou - Central: "That's a relief," Sanshou said. Nodding at the others, she took Hexxon's hand. IC - Dalmia - Ring HQ: Dalmia didn't respond to Vertak. A bolt of energy shot forward, connecting to the rockets and destroying them mid-flight. The sonic shockwave shot toward Dalmia, though seemed to twist around him as it neared. Kovian thrust his hand into the ground, sending spikes of ice shooting toward Dalmia from all around; these, too, were blocked, melting as they neared."Dalmia--stop!" Illuxio yelled. "You don't know what you're doing!""Oh, yes, I do," Dalmia answered. Cracks began to appear on his visor around the edges. Part of the glass shattered, revealing his left eye. It glowed bright green with energy. "The Collector's body and gathered souls are mine for the taking. Through the spirits of Kai-Nam, I now ascend--I am life!'The last of the cloud and energy disappeared into his body, sending out a short shockwave around him, momentarily blocking Dalmia from sight in a cloud of dust and snow. When it cleared, the Ring member stood. The wind was still. Snow began to fall in large swaths, hopelessly aiming to cover the melted ground around Dalmia again. He tilted his head back, eyes closed as he took a deep breath. The Ring member's eight wings unfurled behind him, stretching outward as a phantasmic outline appeared around his body.Dalmia opened his glowing green eyes, looking at the group before him. His wings dropped slowly. A strange and powerful calm seemed to have taken hold of him, quelling his excitement and mirth. Dalmia's eyes were cold as he looked forward.Kovian stared back, momentarily shocked as he read the vastly increased power levels in Dalmia's being. Slowly, he lowered his hand away from his scope. Impossible... He looked at Vailian as the Hivena dropped down from a perch above the Ring base's entrance, walking uneasily toward the merged Dalmia and Collector."Dalmia," he called. The Ring member didn't respond. "What just happened?"What just happened...? Illuxio mentally repeated. The Ring was gathering soul energy--that's what the Collector was for... but Dalmia...He froze as a series of images flashed through his mind. Teleport into chamber... attack... caught in field... Dalmia just tapped into the Heart's powersource... But why--how...?IC - Lyxek/Kerid/Ehjoras - Platform: Before Kerid's eyes, the six Keys appeared in the darkness, spinning around the platform. Lyxek smiled, pacing near the edge of the vehicle; he leaned over the railing, peering down through the darkened clouds. Clear spots appeared over the Ring headquarters, the Citadel, and over a portion of the northern Barrens."I admit, it's an impressive light show," Kerid said to him. "But nothing is actually happening.""Is it not?" Lyxek asked. "Forgive me--I'll speed things up." He raised a hand, snapping his fingers.A sphere of shadows appeared around the tip of the Ring's mountain, engulfing the chamber in which the Heart resided. Black lines spread from it, snaking their way downward. Similar spheres appeared around the Director's chamber and a large tree within the Garden, releasing similar tendrils that spread outward.The ground shook as energy began to pour from them.IC - Cluster Series - The Garden: The mechs stopped. Each was the same distance away from the very center of the Garden, each of them facing away from the pile of debris that marked that spot. Slowly, they turned to face it, their spears priming with energy, though they did not yet fire.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah's eyes widened as she saw what happened, however, she then frowned and took a step forward, as she began to sing; first a song to generate waves of sonic energy which would fall from the sky toward Dalmia's location, and secondly, a song to hopefully generate a barrier of sound strong enough to block any future attacks from Dalmia.-==IC: Kairan==-"Well then, maybe the best place to start is the direct center." Kairan saw, as he began to run toward the center of the area, his hand on his sword's handle as he ran, hoping his guess was right, and that he was strong enough, and skilled enough, to pull off an attack.

IC: Vertak, Ring HQ:"Fine, if that's how you're gonna be." Vertak muttered, before watching what Dalmia had done. "Vertak to Zanth..." he trailed off, speechless, as he saw Dalmia's left eye gleaming. "Uh... you might want to hurry. Dalmia's a bit... um... how would I say this... well, let's just say I don't think our group will make it to Lyxek in time to distract him."Rhindon, what's he playing at? Vertak asked. Wouldn't that much power be an overload?-ibrow

IC - Artorre - Southern Dune: While the southern Barrens had been cleared, Artorre's vantage point would give him a good view of a number of things--such as the large and bright light show near the Ring HQ, the many monsters tearing through City, and quite possibly the strange activities in the clouds above.IC - Zanth/Others - The Garden: "Kairan--stop!" Zanth called. "The forest is the only place that we haven't searched--all you'll find over there is meadow and debris!" He sighed, shaking his head."Vertak to Zanth... Uh... you might want to hurry. Dalmia's a bit... um... how would I say this... well, let's just say I don't think our group will make it to Lyxek in time to distract him.""What's that supposed to mean?" Zanth responded to Vertak. He looked at the mechs, and then glanced at the top of the approaching forest. Seeing the sphere of darkness, he quickened his pace. "We're moving as fast as we can, but we might not be able to destroy it before the revival begins." He paused. "Vertak, look around the area; tell me if you see any black energy spheres. If so, try to do anything to get someone up there." He looked at the rest of the group, pointing in the direction of the tallest tree in the forest--which was beginning to shake as the sphere engulfed it."Move!"IC - Cluster Series - The Garden: With a mechanical whirring, the spears of the mechs began to glow. Energy surged forth, eleven beams of power shooting forth and tearing into the ground. Slowly, they crawled forward, cutting slowly through the ground, eleven lines moving toward the center of the Garden. At the same time, they raised their hands, aiming at the left shoulder of the mech on their right, creating a circle of white light as the mechs connected...IC - Ring Members - Day Run: "Prime those systems!"While chaos had spread throughout the rest of the island, a number of Ring members had stayed behind at the Day Run, taking control over the tournament's facilities. Others had smuggled a number of devices in--power cells, nanobots, and a special AI, all stolen over a week ago from a number of factories and labs around City. Even now, they were unearthing Ehjoras's prized nanobot systems, preparing them for the largest, most difficult job that they had ever been used for...IC - Dalmia/Kovian/Vailian/Rhindon - In front of the Ring HQ: I... don't know, Rhindon said, trying to process what had just happened. One would think... unless... The sword mentally gasped. Dalmia's tapped into the Heart before. He's a living conduit for its energy. That's the only possible explanation for how he can still be alive after absorbing so much of the power meant for it.As the sonic attacks rained down around him, Dalmia stayed completely still. His body wavered slightly, as if the attacks were passing straight through him--as if he was intangible. He narrowed an eye as they came to a slow halt.Vailian, transfixed and amazed, reached forward. "Dalmia--how--?"Dalmia's eye twitched.Vailian screamed in pain.In the blink of an eye, something had slashed through Vailian's forearm, cutting his Coder-clad hand away from the rest of his arm. The appendage flipped through the air as Vailian fell back, grabbing at his bleeding stump. With a movement too quick to see with the naked eye, Dalmia caught the hand and glove in midair."What are you doing!?" Vailian shouted, holding his arm close to his chest. He cringed, gasping again in pain."My apologies, Vailian," Dalmia said, continuing to stare forward. His voice was distorted, as if a multitude of beings--young, old, male, female, light, deep--were speaking at once, a symphony of unnatural power. There was no hint of sincerity in his words. "One can only go so far with the powers of a god alone..." Green mist poured forth from his arm, digging into the Coder's opening. Vailian's severed hand was swiftly disintigrated, releasing the lock on the device. Without a word, Dalmia slipped the device over his own hand.It locked in place."The time has come for my reign to begin," Dalmia said. "Rhashahk will be revived under my power. Lyxek will die. This universe will unravel, and I shall weave it anew in my vision. For I have become the Mortal God--the new Forever One." He looked to the sky, directly at where Lyxek's platform floated. "I am One. All is encompassed within my being."IC - Feranaki - City: "Rhashahk... Rhashahk..."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Theron | South DistrictThe Toa nodded again and turned without further ado to find his target. He knew his part. The plan was about as sound as it would get - this mental link was still dubious, but it was all they had. A necessary gamble. Now all that remained was to execute the plan and hope the Great Spirit was on their side.------------------------------------------It took little time to find the nearest Nakari. As predicted it had left a sizeable trail of destruction in its wake. Now Theron stood across from it, raised his blade and called out, "Beast! In the name of Mata-Nui I challenge you! Come face me if you've the courage!" =H-D=IC: Srizz | South District.The assassin took Sanshou's other hand idly, busy considering his role in the coming infiltration. With any luck they would manage at least a stealthy entry. Failing that, he could sneak around while everyone else fought and scout out the defenses further in. In any case, he had no intention of standing in front with the meat shields. -=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Rhashahk... Rhashahk...? DENNIS... DENNIS... =P-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah gasped in disbelief, however, frowned quickly, and attempted to activate her mask, and heal the injured Ring member's hand from a distance; despite the fact that they were enemies, they'd need all the help they could get if they were to successfully win.-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan paused, as he figured Zanth must have thought he meant the center of the garden, when he meant the center of the forest area. However, he looked up, noticed the sphere of darkness, and frowned, even as he dashed toward the tree in question. He fired off a lightning bolt at the shadow sphere, and then attempted to kick his way up the tree, using his Miru to help with that task, even as Zaydan switched to her Mask of Flight, and began to shoot upwards toward the sphere...