Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

IC / KNPD HQ / Searching for Stairs:Brother frowned. Seriously? All he could get was a general sense of the room, even though he was no longer “sensing” the room. He was searching above it, around it, even higher above it. He should at least be able to tell if there were a few basement levels above it.Something was definitely interfering with his powers if he couldn’t even do that. And that was not good. Brother dispelled the shadows surrounding him. If the Director was all that Waiter and Zanth had said, then he already knew Brother was there. Maybe even from the beginning, but Brother liked to give himself at least a little bit of credit.Well then, time to do things the old fashioned way. Reaching an intersection, Brother looked on each of the walls and… sure enough! There was a map placed up on the wall. Most office buildings had maps for easy navigation, and it appeared the KNPD HQ was no different, even if it was some evil Citadel half the time. Brother guessed the Director hadn’t come out to take down the signs.Anyway, Brother searched the map on the wall, still trying to sense anything with the shadows that seemed to be weakening as he went farther into this place. Hopefully this map would tell him if there was a floor below, and where the stairs were if there was a basement level.If not, well, he would force his way down, even without shadow powers if need be.IC / KNPD HQ / Possibly Fighting Lurinost:Waiter shrugged, deactivated his mask and switched it out for his secondary one. He leaned his crossbow on his shoulder and said, “Us? Lame. Obviously you have nothing to do with it. It’s just the Director. You? Probably just another pawn. In this game. Of chess.“Okay that sounded better before I said it. What’s you intention here?”Just as preparation, Waiter tried moving his back armor so that it stretched backwards and tried to cause the floor beneath his own feet to slightly dip downwards. Both of these actions were not an attack, but to see whether or not he could still use his element with the Director and this evil presence lurking about.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Within Toxin's MindToxin had awoke multiple times since the start of the arena match.Each time something else was gone and each time he had fallen back to sleep.First the other beings had vanished. Then the strange plants tendrils. Then the strange plant and that odd glowing sphere. And then finally the platform had vanished.When it did Toxin fell and fell and then fell back asleep.Now he woke up and he was floating in a void. The only light was a soft green light that he seemed to emanate. And distant specks of light that seemed to be stars.It was so peaceful here. Toxin thought he could float here forever and just watch the stars...IC: BarrensToxin, er a Monster, woke from his tantrum and his rage had ended for now.He looked around and using the various scopes he was able to see in the distance were a few beings and what looked like a hole in the ground.He could not be certain but curiousity told him to check it out. So he would.

Edited by paragon

IC: Southern BarrensHexxon turned back to Zanth and nodded, having followed his gaze to the Ring's base. "I was already planning on facing the Director, so I guess this works out nicely for me."He understood how potentially dangerous it was to confront the AI alone; it was better to go in with allies. The lack of enforcers he noted would make getting into Central only made the task easier.IC: Northern Barrens Greel simply shrugged as Aranai fled. He made sure to shut the gateway behind her, so that if she attempted to return that way, her path would be barred by a vanished portal. He proceeded to enter the second dimensional doorway with Rocky, both taking a step into the snow-covered ground of the northern Barrens. What both saw throughly shocked them. Where there should have been a giant, dormant jellyfish creature, a massive abyss now took its place. It was one of the most devastating things he had seen in his life. Whatever caused the Searcher to disappear and a chasm to form must have been extremely powerful. "What do you suppose happened to that thing that was here, and made this?'' he asked Calik. "Or, more importantly, should I say why?"

OOC: Kal: Either the Director's afoot or your narration is just really unclear... or both. :|Burnmad: My mistake for not realizing this.Also, coincidence. I intended for it to be an NPC's vehicle.Anyway, I'm going to need someone to take over those Rahkshi and assorted other Ring members that Artorre is fighting; I have too little time to finish Day Run to devote any of it to side battles. Sorry.IC - Zanth - Southern Barrens: "We'll figure that out," Zanth answered Vertak. "It depends on whose help we get."IC - Kovian - Barrens: It wasn't long before Kovian saw Fate and Edge approaching. Coming to a halt near them, he waited until one had climbed onto the motorcycle before speeding up again, heading toward the southern Barrens and hoping that Srizz had picked up the other Dark Hunter...IC - Nakari - West District: The Nakari screeched as the crossbow bolt pierced its neck. As it prepared to jump again, it was interrupted by a loud roar from above, followed by something large and completely made of metal slamming into it. Before Theron and Peacemaker's eyes, a pair of beings--a dragon and what looked like a burly knight riding it, both of them with bodies of hollow metal like suits of armor--attacked the Nakari, trapping it on the ground. Before the stunned creature could react, Tarun bit into its head, crushing its skull in his iron jaws.Kaorus--his body dented and scarred from the explosion at the Tower of Tyis, though otherwise unharmed--shifted, turning Tarun to face the dead Nakari's opponents. He nodded at them."Enemies of the Ring?" he asked, waiting for an answer before sliding off of Tarun to meet them. He couldn't be too careful at this point...IC - Brother - Citadel: The only way that seemed to lead down was a stairwell leading to the maintenance level, down a hallway near the base's entrance.IC - Lurinost - Citadel: Waiter had no trouble manipulating the armor on his body; however, trying to control the metal of the Citadel proved to be virtually impossible, even for such a small movement."The Director and I are connected," Lurinost said simply, her voice ever so slightly... distorted... as she spoke. Energy crackled on her armor. "I am his hand and sword. His will is my command." She smiled. "And his command is protection--from you, as well as your friend. Though I think he'll find his own battle soon enough."OOC: Also--while twenty days may seem like a lot of time, it really isn't. So we need to speed things up again. :3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Theron | West DistrictTheron nodded. "Always," he replied. "And especially now." As far as he was concerned anyone who fought with him today was a welcome ally. And if it was a stranger atop a strange steed, both appearing to be either clad in or made of metal, then that would be a very valuable ally.=H-D=IC: Srizz | Southern BarrensSeeing that Kovian had stopped to pick up one of the Dark Hunters, Srizz grudgingly slowed down to do the same. Once he was on board the assassin sped up again, wanting nothing more than to be done with this abysmal frost. What had convinced him to come to this island in the first- Oh, yeah. Tournament, reward, fun, all that stuff. Bah.-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Vertak, South Barrens:The Tumbler smoothly came to a halt in front of Sanshou and Zanth, and Vertak hopped out immediately, attempting to distance himself somewhat from the Matoran that appeared to have joined him. He froze for a second when he saw Sanshou, glancing at the Tumbler, before shrugging whatever indecision he'd had off. "Get away from me." he muttered as the other Matoran stepped out to stand beside him. Vertak activated his gravity to hover a few feet in the air while they waited for anyone else to arrive.

IC: Artorre and Enemies: Arena:The rahkshi raised its staff, blocking the blow. However, the deflected sword cut into the front of the rahkshi's armor. It screeched, enraged. Artorre landed on the ground as his opponent turned and was greeted with a sword to the face, which went through the already damaged armor and cut the kraata within into two pieces.Artorre spun to face the remaining combatants. He decided he would attempt to take down the toa of air next, and charged toward her. As he ran, the insect-like Ring Member spit acid at him. He changed direction immediately, a wave of fire from his sword heading toward the toa, obscuring the acid spit. The fire was put out by the wind, but the acid hit it immediately afterward. It was flung around the maelstrom for several seconds before it entered the path of wind leading directly to the toa (She had to breath, after all). The acid hit her left side, causing the maelstrom to disappear as she flailed around. trying to get it off her. Artorre, trying to take advantage of the situation, rushed over and stabbed at her heartlight with his sword. At the last second, the weapon was batted aside by the Steltian.IC: Aranai: Arena:Aranai quicklly reached her vehicle. She sighed at the black streaks along it, got in, and slithered off, looking for another victim.OOC: Any non-ringers besides Artorre left in the Arena?IC: Peacemaker: West District:"I am a Peacemaker android, designed for the prevention of crime. Of course I am a foe of the Ring," He said. "I am afraid I have no time for idle chatter. I must clear the city of these beasts." He set off, not waiting for a reply, towards the nearest Nakari he detected.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Southern BarrensMarx's ship, the Broadsword, landed near the other survivors.Marx shut off the engine and exited the ship with Sol and Slate.Sol walked over to Zanth while Marx sat in the entry way to his ship."We heard your message. How can we help?" asked Sol.IC: BarrensThe spider mech stood at the edge of the giant chasm in the ground.He was trying to calculate his chances of getting down safely by using the mechs onboard computers.He was disappointed by the results and started pacing back and forth. Which was quite an odd sight given that he was in possession of a giant spider-like mech.

IC: Calik - Outside Searcher ChasmCalik remained uncharacteristically silent, merely shrugging to contribute his thoughts. Crouching down at lip of the chasm, the Toa squinted, trying to make out any clue in the dark abyss. Unfortunately, the place was too dark to see anything. Cursing, Calik ignited a fireball in his hand, hurling it downwards, with the plan to illuminate the place, if only for a moment.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Kaorus - City: Kaorus nodded at Theron, sliding off of Tarun. He stumbled slightly as he landed, though didn't betray any other sign of weakness."If you want to stop the Ring--and all of this by extension," he called after Peacemaker. "Then I suggest you come with me." He winced, running a hand over a large crack in his side. "This may be the only chance any of us get to survive."He looked at Theron. "I don't suppose you know where any additional survivors are?" he asked. "The Guild of Tyis has been compromised; there are a few surviving members on their way toward City, and other survivors are gathering near the southern end of South District, but we need more help."IC - Calik - Chasm: Calik's fireball flew down, partially illuminating the walls of the chasm as it went. Eventually, though, the light disappeared.IC - Zanth/Dark Hunters/Sanshou/Others - Southern Barrens: "I'll get to that in a moment," Zanth told Sol, nodding at the three as they arrived. He looked up and waved slightly at Vertak, Zaydan, and Elittra. As he watched, a number of other vehicles and beings arrived--Kovian, Srizz, and two other beings on a pair of vehicles; Draxion and Illuxio on Draxion's hoverbike; Elithes and two Toa in the Wheel; and Sepcret, who floated down and landed after having flown from the Day Run.Zanth counted roughly twenty beings present; that was good enough for him."All right," he said, addressing them all. "I'm going to keep this short. The Ring has attacked City. You know this." He gestured to the destroyed city behind him; in the distance, he could hear a number of screeches. "We're all in danger. If we're going to survive and stop this, then we need to attack three separate locations."He pointed to City, indicating the distant Citadel. "First off, the Director. If you haven't heard already, he's been in league with Lyxek since day one. Evidence suggests that his survival is vital to Lyxek's plan succeeding." He glanced at Hexxon. "Some of us would like nothing more than to see him fall; now's your chance to make that happen. Two people--an advanced Rahkshi named Brother and his partner--are going after the Director right now. On paper, it's simple: Send a group to help them kill him. In practice, it will be difficult, as he's bound to have protection--on top of the fact that you'll need to fight through City to get to Central. Sanshou and Hexxon have agreed to lead that group through the Citadel."Gesturing in the direction of the Ring base, "Next, Lyxek. At this very moment, the Ringmaster is preparing to set off the final stage of his plan. He's going to revive a being named Rhashahk; if that happens, then we are all dead. We need a group to fight their way to Lyxek and stall him. It won't be easy, but if we can manage to keep him busy long enough to kill the Director, we may have a shot at stopping this."Zanth looked forward. "Finally, the Garden. Some of you might've felt that explosion earlier. That was from the gigantic jellyfish that was in the northern Barrens." He crossed his arms. "Some of you might also have heard about the Garden. It's a legend on Kai-Nam--a place of life and prosperity, the ultimate source of good in the world." Zanth frowned. "In reality, it's the remains of the old Kai-Nam, sunken below the land as a result of an earlier attempt at what Lyxek is doing right now. It's not as nice as people would like to think. The land is guarded by monsters not unlike the Feranaki that now roam City. In it lies something called the Coeur d'Ombre--the Heart of Shadows, in reality only one half of a more powerful object. Lyxek is going to go after this--by using the hole that the Searcher created with its detonation. I'm going in there to find and destroy it, and I'm going to need some of you to help me.""It's not a perfect plan," he said. "But it's the best we've got. If at least one group accomplishes their goal, then we're at a major advantage. Any questions?"OOC: I think they've all left, Burnmad.Also, quick headcount of everyone here...

-Zanth-Vertak-Elittra-Zaydan-Sanshou-Srizz-Kovian-Fate-Edge-Hexxon/Anar-Draxion-Elithes-Illuxio-Selirah-Sol-Marx-Slate-Nikaron-Sepcret

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Southern Barrens"I'll go after the Director." said Slate right after he was certain Zanth was done speaking.It may finally be my chance to get even with that machine. Thought the Toa."Is the Garden dark? Maybe I could bring some light into it." asked Sol. "And is there anything important I should know about Coeur D'Ombre?" He really wanted to see the Garden after reading so many stories about it the week before. Even if it was not as nice as the stories said it was."Well then I'll go to see Lyxek." said Marx.Marx deeply regretted having once gotten that gauntlet for Lyxek. He never knew it would lead to this.Maybe Lyxek would recognize him but he doubted it. And maybe he could right that wrong he did.OOC: Is there a reason why some of the artifacts are named in french?And I'm going to have Toxin go in the Garden. Being in possession of a spider-like mech I think he should be able to climb down into it. But I'll have him wait until he sees the others enter. He will probably help them too if the Garden inhabitants are hostile to him as well. I just don't see an easily enraged Feranki going to a peaceful mission planning and yjingd going well for him.

Edited by paragon

IC: Srizz | Southern BarrensSrizz grinned for the first time since entering the Barrens. "Killing heavily-protected targets is literally my job description," he said. "I'm on the Director team." A no-brainer if ever there was one. He'd probably not so much fight with the team as sneak around, do some recon and let them generally smash things and cause a distraction while he took out the Director. That plan usually worked. "Do we know anything about his location? Defenses, manpower, elemental power, et cetera? Schematics would be great if you have them."-=H-D=-IC: Theron | West DistrictTheron shook his head sadly. "I had a small group of surviving officers with me, but when one of the larger monsters attacked they were scattered. By now they could be anywhere - or dead. I fear I know much less than you."=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Anyone else want to control the people Artorre's fighting? It's more fun when someone else is controlling them. (It needs to be wrapped up soon, though)IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre used the momentum of the sword, swinging it around, swinging his sword toward the Steltian but stabbing the toa at the last second. It was best to take her out before she recovered. He pulled his sword out with just enough time left to roll backward, out of the way of the Steltian's next blow... Right into the insect-like creature's legs. He rolled to the side and got up as the ground where he had been was splashed with acid spit. He swung the sword at him. The thing didn't even try to block it, it just bounced off his exoskeleton. However, Artorre noticed that his word had been put out by the toa at some point. He reignited it, causing the bug to hesitate. The Steltian pushed past it and swung at Artorre, who jumped out of the way and swung his sword at the Steltian.OOC: Alright. Then where can she get out with her vehicle? (Actually, now that I think about it, it's pretty small)IC: Aranai: Arena:Aranai slithered along toward the exit, keeping an eye out for anyone to fight.IC: Peacemaker: West District:Peacemaker froze, then slowly turned around."I have analyzed your voice and concluded that you are telling the truth. I will come with you, although I would appreciate it if you would elaborate on the way."

IC: Calik Raktu - Searcher ChasmCalik grunted with disappointment at the lack of progress that his flame made.He glanced over at Greel, "So, that was my idea. Any new plans?"IC: Ragnorak AI (NPC) - Southern Barrens/Near the big group"Excuse me Mr. Attacker-of-the-Director-and-the-Ringmaster-Slash-Defender-of-the-Garden," a digital, robotic voice tinkled out across the dead landscape, causing most heads to turn in its direction. If they did, they would see, to their surprise, a motorcycle idling in the back of the group."Sorry, for barging in, but do you have room for another warrior or two?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: I could possibly take over them. I'd just need a quick recap over who exactly he's fighting.IC: Vertak/Elittra, South Barrens:"You're saying that I can go after Lyxek or into the Garden, but I can't do both." Vertak said. "This is great. You know what Zanth, I just want to know one thing- which option do you believe will be more likely to lead me to Dalmia?"The Matoran beside him rolled her eyes."You sure haven't gotten smarter through these years." she noted.

OOC: That's fine with me, Burnmad.Paragon: Because I know some french. :PAlso, to anyone with Ring-allied characters who aren't currently doing anything--my apologies for a lack of direction for you guys; I'm trying to figure something out for you. At the moment, it'd probably be best to go back to the Ring base.IC - Zanth/Others - Southern Barrens: "Information on the Director has been virtually nonexistent ever seen the Citadel was built," Sanshou answered Srizz. "The only things we know for sure are that he's an AI and that his 'body' is somewhere in the base. That's about as specific as we can get." She shrugged. "There's a possibility that this Brother person or his partner have found something out, but we won't know until we get there. If not, then we'll just have to search every inch of the Citadel.""We can always use extra help," Zanth answered the bike, after giving it a curious look. He turned back to the others. "From personal experience, I can tell you that the Garden is dark--though maybe less so now that there's a giant hole above it. Still, anyone who can offer light sources or who can see in the dark would be helpful there--teleporters doubly so.""I'll go with you, then," Sepcret offered. Zanth nodded at her."As for Dalmia--frankly, Vertak, I have no idea," the Team Zero leader said. "If I knew what went on inside of his head, I would take a guess, but even then it would be shaky." He shrugged. "He's a power-hungry being. Maybe he'll try to take the Heart for himself, maybe he'll try to kill Lyxek. We won't know until he shows up again. Why are you so eager to fight him?""Where are you going?" Illuxio asked Kovian. The Toa of Ice rubbed his chin in thought for a moment."Lyxek," he said simply. "He's a Toa of Sonics, right?" Illuxio nodded. "In that case, I'd be most useful against him." He looked at the robot. "You?""I was thinking the same, considering I am him," Illuxio said. "I don't know... Maybe I can talk some sense into him. Or at least sabotage some of their machinery...""You don't sound very convinced," Kovian said. Illuxio shrugged."I've lived through this once before," the robot reminded him. "I'd rather not see it again... even if I can't remember exactly what happened the first time."IC - Kaorus - West District: "All right," Kaorus said. He motioned for Tarun to follow and began to walk south. "No point dwelling on their loss, I suppose. Come; I'll explain what I know on the way to the others."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Vertak, South Barrens:"We owe each other a duel." Vertak answered Zanth. "It was Dalmia who took the Sword of Ybrus from me, and brought Rhindon into being. Then, back at the match... he was going to rip Rhindon apart in order to take the Eyes. So I gave him the Eyes, and Rhindon remains here, because Dalmia is twistedly honest."Vertak shrugged. "I told him I'd give him the Eyes if he'd promise me a duel if I got out of the arena- I'm out of the arena, and he now owes me a duel. And if someone else kills him before I get a chance, then I'll kill them."

OOC: The first is a bug-like being with big sharp claws, two (I think) sets of mandibles, the ability to spit acid, a tough exoskeleton and an aversion to fire. The second is a hulking Steltian.IC: Aranai: Arena:Aranai exited the Arena and began making her way to the Ring HQ.

-==IC: Kairan==-"Yeah, we should investigate, but let's be careful, who knows what this is." Kairan said, gripping his sword in his hand, as he cautiously approached the mech as well.-==IC: Selirah==-"I'm going with the group to take down Lyxek." Selirah said, a grim frown on her face, as she stepped toward Illuxio, not entirely certain if she was ready for this fight, but would fight anyway.-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan stayed silent, but it was obvious that she was probably going to help destroy the Heart that was in the Garden.OOC: I kinda want to have Kairan help with the Lyxek fight, but it looks like he'll have to fight in the Garden, simply due to his proximity. My bad for not being around to advance that. >>'

IC: [Ragnorak AI] - Southern Barrens[Calik Raktu] - Searcher ChasmHad the Ragnorak been able to smile, it probably would've. As it was, the AI was still perfectly happy to compensate with some sarcasm. Activating its built-in comlink channel, it punched in Calik's private line, waiting for the Toa to respond.Over by the Searcher Chasm, the Toa of Fire did pick up, roughly shouting, "What!?""Well, if you're going to be like that..."Already impatient, Calik snarled, "Spit it out Nuts & Bolts, before I come over to wherever you are and slag you!""I'll pretend I didn't hear that and go straight to the news," the motorbike responded snidely, "I'm currently with a group of warriors who are making plans for a grand, city-wide battle. Well, sort of. Anyway, I was listening, and thought, 'Hm, possible suicide mission? Sounds like Calik's cup of tea.'""Anyway, they've made plans to attack the Director of the KNPD, Lyxek of the Ring, and to defend some place called the Garden. Makes no sense to me, which is why it sounds so good for you. So, if you'd like, you and your teleporter buddy can mosey on over here, and maybe thank me for once in your life."Muttering under his breath, Calik grunted, "I'll thank you when Karzahni freezes over Slag-heap. But... I might consider your offer. One sec."Turning to Greel, he called out, "Hey Greel! How do you feel about fighting in a glorious and probably suicidal battle?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC / Searcher’s Chasm / With Kairan:Swerv nodded, moving forward with the Toa. Who knows? The mech might be waiting for someone, or it might have the Virus in it waiting to activate and kill them. Swerv twisted his staff in his grip, glancing at the other cylinders around the chasm, all were still closed.IC / Southern Barrens / With Zanth’s Group:Draxion nodded to himself, thinking over his options. Then, finding a time to talk, he told Zanth, “I’ll be going to get Ehjoras back from Lyxek. As for Older Brother, I can’t believe he’s helping.”Really, Draxion couldn’t see what Older Brother could possibly get out of this island.IC / KNPD HQ / Heading Back:Brother sneered and hissed in frustration. Back at the front of the building? Wonderful. Beginning his walk back, Brother pulled out his communicator, reading the message from Zanth. He rolled his eyes but tried to rationalize the new facts he had gathered. Without his power over the shadows to rely on, he was not much more than an average swordsman.And so, Zanth was right, in a way, Brother grudgingly admitted to himself. Messaging the being back, he sent:Giant room underneath building. Powers all but gone. Will wait for backup before moving on.And then Brother jerked his head up and turned it in what would seem to others to be a random direction. Waiter needed help.IC / KNPD HQ / Basically about to fight Lurinost:Waiter squinted his eyes, “Uh.. ha.. So, does this mean I’m going to have to fight you?” Waiter looked down for a moment and grasped something with his left hand. Tugging on it, Lurinost would see nothing but shadow because, well, that’s all it was. But now Brother was alerted, and probably on his way. Waiter had lost track of the metal of Brother’s armor, but the Rahkshi’s shadows seemed to have stayed with him.Crossbow still leaning on his shoulder, Waiter looked over Lurinost and tried manipulating her mirrored armor in some small way so that she wouldn’t notice.IC / South Barrens / With Zanth’s Group:Sevorik listened to Zanth with interest, finally turning to Kovian, “Hey, Reaper, so are we against Lyxek now? It doesn’t really matter to me, just let us know where we’re needed.”

IC: Theron | West DistrictTheron followed wordlessly after the mysterious rider. Truthfully he did wonder for a brief moment whether he could trust the man, but the notion was quickly banished. This was a war and he needed all the help he could get. It wasn't a question of whether he could trust the man, but whether he could afford not to. He could not. And so the stranger had his trust, at least for now.Though he did make a mental note to find out how a robot programmed to keep the peace ended up on the KNPD wanted list.=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - CS-05 - Barrens: The mech did nothing even as Swerv and Kairan moved almost to the edge of the large container. Up close, they could begin to make out more details from its curled-up stance. Its right arm was nothing to speak of, ending in a simple hand; its left arm, however, bore what looked like a sort of spear-like projection. Further, a pair of wings--angel-like in appearance--could be seen folded behind it.The mech also appeared to have a wide, almost monstrous grin, and above it, five eyes dotted its face.IC - Kaorus - West District: "So you wanted a run-down of what all has happened, correct?" Kaorus asked as he and the two other warriors walked. "The Ring seems to have finally carried out its long-time threats of attacking City. The Guild of Tyis is no more; only two of its Council members and Tyis remain in terms of leadership, along with only a handful of warriors. The Day Run's organizers have been kidnapped. The Searcher has blown a massive hole in the northern Barrens--I saw it for myself during a scouting session, right before I ran into you, actually."In short, things are not good," he said. "Lyxek is most likely planning something more--more destruction, more death, more chaos. We won't know more until we find the others."IC - Zanth/Others - Southern Barrens: "Very well, then," Zanth said to Vertak. After confirming the choices of the others, he read Brother's message. He looked at Sanshou. "Ever heard of powers being disabled in the Citadel?""No," she said. The Artanian looked at Hexxon. "You?" When the answer came back negative, she shrugged."Hm..." Zanth rubbed his chin. "Suspicious.... Be extra mindful when you get there. Obviously... that's not good.""Lyxek gave us a choice after rewarding us--surprisingly enough," Kovian said. "You fight whoever you want to fight. Although if you want to help him, you're going to get torn apart right now." He shrugged. "Either way, wait and see how the groups end up--help whoever needs it most."IC - Lurinost - Citadel: Lurinost raised an arm as soon as Waiter began to try and manipulate her armor. With a slight smirk, she moved it across her chest, placing the mirror on her forearm so that it reflected Waiter's face."I don't think so," she said, either in response to his question or his attempt to use his powers--or both. "The Director has no need to waste resources, especially after losing so many of our officers in that terrible explosion. He'd much rather you join our cause."As she spoke, a sort of throbbing could be felt building in Waiter's head, seeming to influence him--telling him that joining the Director was the best course of action, that the KNPD was correct in their beliefs...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC / Searcher’s Chasm / With Kairan:Swerv stopped before the mech, looking it up and down once again, this time up close. And then he touched it. If that did nothing, he spotted a cable beneath the heavy armor that he would immediately touch and send an electrical current through to elicit any sort of response.IC / KNPD HQ / With Lurinost:Waiter’s mind. Now that was something that should be studied by several Makuta for several years, much like how the same should be done for Srizz, Lyxek, or maybe even Alan now. It was not something that was impervious to suggestion, but it was old.Anyone who searched his mind would find a being so ancient that it didn’t seem possible. His mind would be found to be much older than his body, and it would seem so, different. It would feel like one has just waded out into the middle of the ocean, with many different currents pushing and pulling. It wasn’t a matter of mental shielding; just having his mind arranged in such a way that it damaged most beings instead of the other way around.Then again, those with the powers to invade his mind weren’t just normal beings, considering he hadn’t just killed them yet before they could influence him. And so, a different kind of current had entered the ocean of his mind.Waiter blinked rapidly, faintly acknowledging the throbbing in his head. “O-oh. Well, well then. I, uh. What is his cause?” Yeah, he was doomed. If the cause didn’t violate the values he now held, there was no way he had the training to resist whatever was happening to him.IC / South Barrens / With Zanth’s Group:Sevorik nodded, agreeing with everything Kovian had said. He guessed Desoria and he would just have to wait for everyone to get situated before they made their decision.

IC: Steltian & Others, Arena:The Steltian grunted as he flipped away from Atorre, his slow movements covered by the bug-like being, who chose that moment to spit a rather large glob of acid at the Toa of Fire's face.IC: Vertak, Southern Barrens:Lyxek or Garden, Lyxek or Garden, Lyxek or Garden...Vertak tuned the conversation out as he floated up on top of the Tumbler before coming to rest on top, sitting on the back and facing away from the gathering of beings.Out of simple curiosity he pulled out the Map, staring at the Keys hovering over the Ring HQ. Frustration ebbed through him at his inability to kill Dalmia, and how he hadn't been able to use the Eyes more effectively."Some use of a Map." he muttered. "Able to look at stuff that I'll never be able to see...."Lyxek equals Ring HQ. Ring HQ equals Keys... Keys equal probable death... but if I could survive... Lyxek it was.

IC - CS-05 - Barrens: A force field appeared over the inside of the capsule as Swerv reached out. As the mech may not have activated yet, it was obvious that it was being contained--for the moment.IC - Lurinost - Citadel: Lurinost smiled.The betterment of the universe... the advancement of all life... protecting the foundation of existence... the cleansing of all evil... The Director is not hostile... the KNPD is not hostile... they only wish to help...As the influence began to take hold, bending Waiter to the Director's side, his eyes would begin to glaze over, becoming pale imitations of their former states. Lines would began to spread from the across the sides of his face, signifying his acceptance of the Director's ideals...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==-"I have a bad feeling about this..." Kairan muttered, as he noticed the forcefield activate, and observed the mech, ready to act if needed. However, he wondered if it was best to stay here, or head to the southern Barrens, and tell Zanth about this... Actually, that was probably the best idea in general, and he activated his Team Crest, attempting to contact Zanth."Yo... There's something here that's intriguing... Looks like a mech, of sorts..." Kairan said with a frown.

IC: Theron | West DistrictTheron followed in grave silence, taking in everything the rider said. It seemed his arrival on this island was drastically late. He had been informed that the Ring was nothing more than a large criminal group, but here it was with airships and armies and monsters at its command. But surely the Great Spirit had not lead him here for no reason. Perhaps it was his destiny to end this invasion. Eventually he spoke up. "Where are we to go?" He asked. "Where do we strike?"=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Zanth/Others - Southern Barrens: "Mechs?" Zanth repeated. "Right... We'll be there soon. Try not to activate it." He looked at the assembled beings. "Let's move out. May Mata Nui help us..."Assembling those who would be going to the Garden and to the Ring base, Zanth began leading a large group east, around City. Such a route would be safer than going straight through City--it would make it easier to avoid combat, even if it did take slightly longer.Meanwhile, Sanshou nodded at her own warriors, beginning to walk into City, heading on a straight path for the Citadel.Good luck, everyone... she thought, though did not verbalize. We're going to need it...IC - Kaorus - Entering South District: "The other Tyis members will meet us in a nearby location," Kaorus said. "After that, we'll begin liberating the city from our enemies. I suspect that if we can manage to finish the Nakari and the larger monsters, the smaller ones should be fairly easy to deal with."OOC: Okay--at this point, if you haven't chosen a group to go with, then you're going to have to kind of deal with that with IC (Past) posts or find some way to migrate to where the groups are going. With the exception of the Garden; if you don't have someone who can fly or teleport, you're not going to be able to follow them once they're inside.Also, to give an idea of what each of the active groups are going to go:-The Garden group and the Ring HQ group are going around to east side of City, where they'll split off--the former going north, to the hole, and the latter going to the Ring base.-Kaorus's group is going to meet the other Tyis members in South; they'll run into the Citadel group and help clear the streets while Sanshou's group gets into the KNPD HQ.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Southern BarrensSol and Marx followed Zanth.Marx turned and snapped his fingers. The Boardsword's shield generators activated as the doors all closed and locked. For a moment the ship was surrounded by a sphere of red energy and then it faded but the shields were now active.And then he turned back and continued to follow the group.Sol waved goodbye to Slate. He knew it could be the last time they saw each other. And this made him sad.Slate followed Sanshou.It might have seemed like he was in a state of bliss but it was more of a state of dread. He knew he was walking into a death trap. And he knew had had been killed multiple times before and came back but still he could not help but be frightened.Normally he surrounded himself in a partial field of silence to muffle his armor. But he let it fall. His boots clicked out the streets and the armor's joints made noises every once in a while.He just hoped he had picked the right side...

IC / Searcher’s Chasm / With Kairan:“What was that?” Swerv said as he magnetically scaled up the ripped open cylinder, “Did Zanth say, ‘Try to activate it’? Weird. He read my mind.” Swerv reached the top of the cylinder and did the same as he had before, except this time forcing the whole cylinder to crumple to the ground. A lot of different spots had to be magnetized differently to get it to look good and happen in one fell swoop, but Swerv had what it took.Hopefully, after he did this, all that would be left would be crumpled metal on the ground and a mech standing on it, perhaps still in a force field.IC / KNPD HQ / Waiting:Brother raced around a corner and stopped short. He heard something; he must be getting close. Poking his head around the next corner, once he got to it, Brother pressed his back up against the wall. It was Waiter and Lurinost, that mirror officer from before. Man, he had liked her. She would have been an interesting experiment to take home and dissect... maliciously.Wow, he must be going soft. He could still do that, however, but later. He would have to come back for her broken corpse. A shame he couldn’t get her live, but she appeared to be in the way of Waiter, and that meant, protecting the Director. And that was so not going to happen.Brother unsheathed his sword, curling the shadows around it. They were closer to the entrance than he had been previously, so the oppressive force wasn’t as bad, but he still didn’t seem to be able to control his own shadows at full power, let alone other ones. But that didn’t really matter at the moment. Brother stuck his head around the corner quickly for another peak. His sword would do fine to strike Lurinost down, if Waiter didn’t get her first, the dumb Toa of Iron.IC / KNPD HQ / With Lurinost:The betterment of the universe…Waiter nodded, the Director knew what was going on, and was just trying to help everyone. He would help everyone survive.The advancement of all life…The Director understood the value of life, and hoped to advance it, even though he was an AI. Now that was an understanding beyond bounds.Protecting the foundation of existence…That.. was the same thing as the betterment of the universe. Waiter frowned, something was wrong here, right? No, no. The Director was just emphasizing his goals.The cleansing of all evil… But, how could he cleanse all of the evil? Was that possible? It seemed an awfully hard decision to make as well, who was truly evil? Didn’t everyone have the potential for great goodness?The Director is not hostile…No, he wasn’t, he… He, well- Wait, why? Where were all of his followers? Waiter glanced around. There was no one left to help the Director except for Lurinost. Still, he wasn’t hostile, as proved by the one standing before him.The KNPD is not hostile…That was the wrong thing to say. Suggest. Whatever. Waiter’s eyes snapped into focus. He had seen the wretched things the KNPD had done. He had watched them for one long year as they messed up Kai-Nam just as much as the Ring. That thought was not true. Someone was IN HIS HEAD.They only wish to help…Themselves.Waiter yelled, uncharacteristically, and glared at Lurinost as his armor suddenly came alive. His swirls swirled out of control and his armor seemed to move as if controlled by the waves of some ocean. These things were only able to be viewed in hindsight, as his armor snapped out with incredible speed. It quickly swallowed Lurinost whole.Even as it was enveloping her, it began to try to break her mirrors. All of them. Waiter’s mind might have been influenced for awhile, but his subconscious still kept track of the situation and how many mirrors were where.Even while still attached to the attacking armor, because he didn’t want to lose control over it because of the Director somehow, Waiter began to back up and brought his crossbow to bear, ready to shoot if she somehow instantaneously got loose.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan stared at Swerv in shock, his mouth opening and closing, as he instinctively took a step back."Uh..." Kairan wondered if he should point out that Swerv missed a word there.OOC: xD Nice one. =P

IC: Southern BarrensHexxon followed Sanshou, accompanied by Anar and beckoning to the others as he trudged through the layer of snow.IC: Northern BarrensGreel turned his head away from the chasm to face Calik. He pulled his hat down a little and held a thumbs up to the Toa of Fire. "Sounds like my kind of fun," he grinned. "Where do we start?"IC: Ring HQThe crimson-colored sphere that was the Hive's vehicle mode sped across the frozen Barrens, cleaving a path in the snow, which was covered up soon after being created. Up ahead was the mountain he knew to be the Ring base, looming over the white wastes of Kai-Nam.Wasponax's mech slowed, coming to a halt and breaking apart its near perfect sphereical surface into limbs, a torso, and head. Its ice blue eyes gazed at the headquarters before stepping over to the front doors.

IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre ducked, sweeping his leg at the bug's legs. The acid flew over him.IC: Aranai: Western Barrens:Aranai was out of the Arena, one of the last few to leave. She sped across the barrens, toward the Ring HQ.OOC: Since Peacemaker has almost no lethality to the Nakari whatsoever (Not my best decision =P), is it alright if he gets some super(computer)-powers? Like calculating their next logical move or scanning them to find any weaknesses they might have?IC: Peacemaker: South District:Peacemaker listened carefully to Kaorus, then spoke."It will be no easy feat to exterminate the Nakari, let alone the other creatures. The Nakari show signs of mental capacity far greater than we suspect, besides that I suspect they have a few "tricks up their sleeves."

IC: Elittra, Following Zanth:Elittra drifted away from Vertak as she made her way to where Zanth was, following him a few steps behind. This Garden sounded interesting.IC: Vertak, Meeting Kovian:Vertak caught up with Kovian, nodding towards him."Hey Reaper- or... Kovian, was it?" he asked. "The name is Vertak- you might've heard of me before. I've been on the Shadowed One's hit list for awhile."-ibrow

OOC: Burnmad: Sure.IC - Container - Searcher Chasm: Swerv's tactic might've worked... except for two things. For one, the current of destructive energy that began to course through him as soon as he began to climb the container...... and two, the mech activating--along with the other ten.With a mechanical whirring, one after another, the other ten containers opened. Then the eyes of the mech near them began to glow, indicating its activated state. Uncurling slowly, it took a step forward, cutting through the force field. The thing was easily thirty feet tall, large enough to crush Kairan and Swerv with a single step. Seeing the former on the ground, it launched a circular beam of energy from its spear hand, before turning to the chasm. All around the hole, the other mechs were doing similar things.Slowly, it raised it wings, sending a powerful gust of wind through the snow around it. Then it began to flap them, taking flight and beginning to descend into the Garden, followed by its brethren.IC - Kovian - East Barrens: "I might've heard the name..." the Toa of Ice said. "Doesn't matter, now, though, does it?"IC - Kaorus - South District: If Kaorus could grin, he would have."You haven't met Tyis yet."In the distance, they could hear a group of beings approaching. Kaorus nodded in that direction, indicating that that was where they would find the remaining Guild members.IC - Lurinost/? - Citadel: Sand-shifting was such a useful power in times like these--on top of, like Lyxek, having the ethereal support of an ancient and powerful machine. Lurinost was able to disappear, avoiding Waiter's outburst, even as "someone" continued to influence his mind, the suggestion growing more and more powerful, to the point where even the most absurd ideas would seem like the brainchild of Mata Nui himself.Hidden back-up helped, too.As Waiter continued his attack, a white-armored being dropped down behind him. In an instant, her hand rose, slamming into the back of the Toa's head. Immediately, his control over metal deactivated.As did the rest of his powers."Good work, Sensha..." Lurinost said. The Ondarian said and did nothing. Lurinost smiled. The KNPD officer's eyes had turned a pale blue, and lines had spread across her face, down so far as her collarbone. "Let's try that again, Toa--without rudely trying to attack people..."IC - Lyxek/Kerid/Ehjoras - Platform: Kerid shifted slightly as Lyxek approached the platform, climbing onto it and silently returning the nods of his fellow band members. He glanced over at her, and then Ehjoras, as she began to come to. Standing in front of the control panel, he smiled."Just in time, Kerid," he called. "I was afraid you'd miss out on the show.""What...?" The Steltian looked around. A cage... a garage? Where was she? Kerid looked to her right. Ehjoras? "What's... going on?"Lyxek didn't answer for a moment. The platform hummed as he pressed a button, engaging its flight sequence. A large door in the ceiling began to open. Lyxek sat down on the raised stage, polishing his guitar while the platform rose into the air. A moment later, it had emerged above the clouds of Kai-Nam, in line with the tips of the mountains.It was oddly warm up here..."You're about to see history being made," the Toa of Sonics answered. Kerid sat up, watching Lyxek as he handed his weapon to a four-armed being carrying a set of drum sticks. A circle of green light appeared in the middle of the platform. Stepping into it, Lyxek pressed his hands together, bowing his head slightly as if in prayer. The platform went silent."I am your Avatar, the manifestation of End... in your power, we find Contentment... I am your chosen Envoy, the bringer of Death... in your spirit, we find Conclusion... I am your Priest, the speaker of the Gone... in your guidance, we find Salvation..."The sky began to darken. Below the platform, the clouds began to part, creating a ring of clear, black sky over the center of Kai-Nam--over the entrance to the Garden."Your soul and mind and body have been perserved... they call for your return... Let darkness rain upon the land, cleansed only by brighest light... the spirits of those who watched will bring back power lost..." He looked up. "The end of days has come to pass, so let Death be reborn. The contract has been fulfilled, the bargain has been done. Return now, God of Death, and let many become One."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan quickly pushed off from the ground, as he rolled to the side, just barely out of the way of the spear's energy blast, which fragmented the ground near him."You had to activate it, didn't you!?" Kairan called out to Swerv in dismay, as he sighed, and activated his comm link."Uh, status report. Swerv went and activated the mechs, which seem quite tall, and just headed down into the Garden." Kairan said over the Team Crest with a frown, as he stepped over to the edge, and frowned, as he looked down into said place, barely able to see anything past a certain section of the chasm."What's the plan now, anyway? I would've been there, but these things appeared."

IC: Theron | Following KaorusThe Toa seemed unimpressed. "They are certainly formidable creatures," he agreed, "but not invincible. They must simply be dealt with before they have a chance to learn." The only thing that really troubled him was that the creatures seemed to have some kind of extrasensory perception. The last one had started dodging his blade a little too early, considering its eyes were positioned entirely the wrong way to have seen it coming.=H-D=IC: Srizz | Southern Barrens.Srizz revved up his vehicle and set off after Sanshou and the Citadel group gladly. Sure, the city was overrun with monsters and people wanting to kill him, but it was warm. Probably at least partly on fire, too. He sped up a bit, almost to the front of the group. Fire sounded good about now.-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth