Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

-==IC: Zaydan==-"I'm here." Zaydan replied with a slight frown."My mech was damaged too badly to be used, because of the fight, but I'll try to hurry on foot..." Zaydan said, and frowned."Zanth, you okay?" Zaydan inquired, as the sudden trail-off of the communication was odd.-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah noticed a vehicle heading toward her, and waved out, to show where she was. She thought she recognized the vehicle from the fight; but it could've just been from when she was looking around the garage.-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, as he maneuvered his motorcycle out of the arena, and through the west district, heading toward where the Searcher had been. He didn't see the large construct on the horizon, and frowned; swerving around the debris in the city."Dalmia..." Kairan said with a frown, as he headed toward the Barrens... But when he reached the area, his eyes widened as he gasped, and suddenly hit the brakes, and just stared with a horrified expression, as he noticed the mass amount of destruction present."No... Why? Why did this happen!?" Kairan asked, a look of dismay on his face.OOC: Say; wait a second. Green gas... Oh no. I never even... Uh-oh.

OOC: @Parugi: You forgot to respond as the toa of air and as the niaka/nakari/whatever. Also, EttV, I'm assuming Aranai is able to go through the same portal Calik did. If not, I'll edit this later.IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre rolled to the side, and jumped around (Likely looking idiotic) away from the chain lightning. He caught a glimpse of the toa of air. She seemed to be much more powerful than the average toa, as she currently had a maelstrom around her, which had put out his fire instantly. He turned back to the rahkshi. He threw another wave of fire at them, then a pair of throwing knives at where he had last seen them.IC: Aranai: Arena:Aranai sighed angrily as the being she was attacking disappeared. Then, noticing the portal, she put away her blowgun, took out her guitar-axe, and jumped through, following Calik.

IC: Throne Room - Ring HQDalmia had left before the Skakdi could give a reply. She simply shrugged at this, and turned away from the door, picking her personal transporter up. After she stowed the silver disk away, she looked around the chamber."Well," Kaytana said to Vailian, stepping towards the throne itself, as if ready to sit upon it. "I think I shall wait here for any of those people." The Ring member walked up the stairs, eyes set on the chair meant for royalty... and plopped down on the steps leading to it, sitting casually on them. "No doubt they'll show up. You wouldn't believe how persistent they are."Her eyes darted to a raised claw, which she watched as she picked at any grime stuck under her metallic claws. "How about you?" she asked, sounding as if she didn't care what the answer would turn out to be. IC: Western BarrensGreel and Rocky watched as others fled through the portal from the other side, standing in the thick blanket of white. The Rock Lion looked uncomfortable in the chill and snow, surviving the experience only be the availiable light provided by the sky and heat from his mane. This caused snow drifting over his head to melt into water droplets, which turned into tiny clouds of vapor upon contact with the firey and burning tendrils around his head. "Calik?" Greel began to say, bewildered by the sight of his motorcycle barreling from the gateway along with the Toa of Fire. Though he was interrupted by the appearance of another coming through. "Who are you?" he asked, hands pocketed in his coat.IC: Western BarrensIn a flash of pitch blackness, Hexxon and his pet arrived in the snowy plains of the Barrens. By this time, Anar had already regained consciousness, and was grateful for the mental tending from his master. Both saw the ruins of City from where they stood, gaping at the broken buildings and apparent emptyness. Neither heard much sound, and from the Odinan's reach of telepathy revealed little present in the area. It also quickly became apparent that the outline of the Searcher was gone. Wherever something that large go go unnoticed was entirely unknown to him."The world is falling apart -- and quite literally, too," Hexxon told the dragon. "But maybe there is something we can still do..." His hand on Anar's neck, he reduced their densities until their bodies floated into the air. "Come on. There's still some fight left in us." The Team Comet leader's expression turned dark. "I have two people I'd like to have a word with. It's time I pay a visit to an old employer -- or meet up with an old friend."Regardless of the rashness of both descisions, Anar complied, flapping his wings toward what remained of City.

OOC: Forgot about the Nakari; didn't realize you wanted me to control the Toa. X3Blade: Green gas?HD: Not sure if you noticed, but while the bases are still around, the arena's terrain was cleared basically as soon as the CtF game ended. :PIC - Nakari - West District: The Nakari screeched its banshee screech as the projectile bounced off of its hardened head-crest. Coming to a crashing landing on a damaged building's walls, using the claws at the end of its wings to hold itself up, the Nakari unleashed a burst of energy from its mouth, aimed at the robotic being. With a closer look, Peacemaker would realize it was injured, as something seemed to have burned through its chest and other parts of its body earlier. Even now, these injuries were beginning to regenerate.IC - Elithes - Arena: "Probably von't need help vith pick ups, no," the Matoran answered. "As for Illuxio, I've no idea--last I heard he vas vith Kovian. I'll try to contact him and send him your coordinates."As he pulled up to Selirah (deactivating the shields around the Wheel's cockpit in the process) Elithes tried to connect with Illuxio's Crest. Picking it up with his vehicle's systems, he forwarded the robotic being's location to Draxion, before heading in that direction yourself."Ve'll meet you zhere," he added to the Rahkshi. Glancing at Selirah, he nodded. "Elithes. Come on."IC - Zanth/Sanshou - Seeker: "What's the situation over there, Swerv?" Zanth asked, finally regaining his voice. "I do not suggest acting by yourself--wait for someone else to get to you."He opened up a separate channel with Team Zero. "I'm fine, Zaydan," he said. "Just... surprised. West isn't in very good shape." Zanth paused, shaking his head. "Try to catch a ride with Vertak or someone else; if you can't, we'll get you."IC - Kovian - Arena: "Is that what we're calling Illuxio now?" Kovian asked. Pushing this aside, he shrugged. "Considering how he helped me during the Night Run--what with controlling the Outlander's finer systems and all--and the fact that he doesn't seem to have retained any of Lyxek's personality traits or tendencies, I have to doubt that he is or used to be Lyxek." He adjusted his shield. "On the other hand, I trust Illuxio, and I know that he isn't from this universe. So if he says so... whatever. He's an ally either way."He returned his attention back to the comms. "We can't provide immediate transportation, but I can give you directions and a quick run-down of what's happened," the Toa of Ice said. "The Ring just attacked the Day Run and possibly the KNPD and Guild of Tyis. The latter two have apparently been wiped out." He looked up as the base came into view. "By the sounds of it, Lyxek is putting the final steps of his plan into action. We'll meet you for pick up between the Day Run and West District; in the meantime, what's happening in City?"IC - Vailian - Ring HQ: Vailian shrugged, staring after Dalmia for a moment. "I don't see a point in letting them get inside to begin with," he said, beginning to walk toward the base's entrance. "So, I'm going to guard... you know... the only entry point into this place." Vailian began walking, stopping at the door as a thought occurred to him. He looked at Kaytana. "Perhaps this is a naive question, but... do you get the feeling that Dalmia is about to pull something foolish against Lyxek?"IC - Rahkshi/Toa - Arena: The Toa stirred up the air in between the Rahkshi and Artorre, dissipating the fire attack before it could reach her allies. The knives were easily deflected using their staffs. Charging toward the Toa of Fire now, the Rahkshi screeched and unleashed more attacks toward him.IC - Lurinost - North: Lurinost stopped in her tracks. Something was calling to her... something powerful...The Director.Standing still, she allowed her body to dissipate into sand. Within moments, she was gone, sand shifting back to base, traveling much more quickly than she could have on foot. Whatever was happening... she was needed. Urgently.OOC: I can't wait until tomorrow afternoon, when I can finally start figuring out how to get thigns where they need to be... X3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Wasn't the Collector's gas green?-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah nodded, recognizing Elithes slightly as being part of the Red Team, and motioned to Nikaron, even as she got into the vehicle, and Nikaron hopefully followed."Selirah." The Toa of Sonics replied, as she frowned slightly."Things aren't going well at all, are they?" Selirah asked after a moment, referring to the shaking, and the claims that Dalmia had made.-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan frowned, but nodded, as she looked around for where Vertak could be, and opened a channel to him."Vertak; what's your status? Also, would you mind giving me a lift if possible, if you're headed to where Zanth is? I believe I'm near where you are, but I could be wrong." The bodyguard said over the new channel, even as she looked around.-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, and happened to look at his Team Crest, which appeared to still be glowing Red."Did they..." Kairan sighed, and wondered if he could shift channels, but frowned, as he realized that there were only two channels that he really knew of, Team Zero, and Team Vigil. So, he therefore attempted to access either of those two channels. For the Team Zero channel, which he accessed first, he thought for a moment."Zanth, where are you? Are you back in the arena still?" Kairan asked, not recalling if he had seen Zanth leave or not; given that he was fighting off Ring members at the time. Not waiting for a response, he left the channel open, and then opened a channel to Tema Vigil."Guys, where are you all at? I think there's something you need to see..." Kairan said with a frown, as he looked at the giant chasm where the Searcher once was.

IC: DreamingSlate started to dream while he slept...He stood on the edge of a caldera. He felt completely alone but he was not.A being in heavy, solid white armor stood by him. The being was eight feet tall and towered over Slate. Nothing was visible from beneath the beings armor. The being wore a helmet and the only opening was for the eyes but a bright white-gold light poured from the opening.Slate turned to the being with a surprised and jovial look upon his face."You are a hard person to get ahold of." The being said in a voice that sounded almost unreal."I thought you where dead." Slate said his voice full of sadness."I never died. I am still alive within your heart and mind. And soon I will return to the mortal world.""How?" asked Slate."That is not something for you to know." Said the being as he shook his head. "I can't keep this message up any longer. Farewell for now my friend..."The being's image vanished from Slate's dream and the ground shook. The volcano he stood near was about to erupt.And then Slate woke up with a start.His breathing was heavy but he fell so much better than when he had passed out in the arena.IC: West District of the CityToxin ran thru the streets on all fours. He was looking for a shop to buy something at before his fellow Feranaki and those strange flying beasts trashed everything.He might be a monster and a Dark Hunter but he was no thief. He still had his money cards from the missions he did for Lyxek and he wanted to spend them.And then he saw a store that was untouched by the destruction that had swept thru the rest of the city. And neither the Feranaki or flying beasts had seemed to notice it yet.The stores owner - a tall and strong Toa in crystalline armor that changed from one color to another without any reason - waved to Toxin and let him in the store."Ah a fellow thrill seeker." said the salesman."Strange time to be open isn't it?" asked Toxin."Yep but you meet the most interesting beings at times like these. So are you looking for something to purchase or do you just want to chat?"Toxin flashed his money cards and the salesman said. "Oh a big spender. I have something just for you."They walked into the basement that seemed to be bigger than it should be. The salesman pointed to a giant spider shaped mech and Toxin knew instantly he would be buying it."That I will sell you that for 30,000 kas." said the salesman. "I'll throw in all the features and extras for an extra 15,000 kas. I can assure you it is a good deal.""Wonderful!" said Toxin as he gave him the money."Okay. Thank you for the patronage." said the salesman as he snapped his fingers and the mech disappeared from the basement. "Your purchase is outside. Thanks for shopping with us.""Thanks for the mech!" exclaimed Toxin as he ran outside.The spider shaped mech seemed to be taller outside of the shop. Toxin turned around to ask why that was and then he noticed the store and the salesman had vanished. And this creeped Toxin out.

Edited by paragon

IC: Vertak, Heading for City:"We might be able to do something." Vertak affirmed, ignoring Tavyn's protests of the dangers of a Toa of Iron. "Quickly, though. If I don't get to the Ring HQ and bust someone's head soon I'm going to explode."IC: Elittra, Catching a Ride:Spotting the vehicle owned by the Matoran she'd recognized earlier, Elittra signalled to Atorre and then activated her mask, using to successfully attack herself to the roof of the Tumbler with her lightning powers without actually effecting the technology at all.IC: Djoser, Returning:With Vertak having fled for the time being, Djoser shrugged and tossed down his teleporter again; as he stepped through, however, a stray explosion destroyed the device, leaving him without an easy way to transport himself anywhere.

-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan nodded, and headed toward where she hoped Vertak and the Tumbler would be, and managed to find it; however, she had a puzzled look on her face, as she noticed a Matoran on the roof, but shook her head, and quickly got inside, ready to go as soon as Vertak was ready.

IC / Barrens / Almost at the Searcher’s former location:“Right now I can only see a ginormous hole in the ground. Once I get to the edge, I’ll let you know what there is to see.” Swerv left the channel open, merely muting it. He glanced at where he had patched up Unpredictable’s armor. Whistling noises were coming from them as air batted at the vehicle.“Ok, Agony, I want full scans once we arrive. See if we can’t find the bottom. Man, that thing is huge.” That was when a voice called out on his crest. It was Kairan, the, uh. Alan’s friend. Oh, and the one he had tied with a week before. Swerv un-muted himself, switching to the right channel, and answered, “I’m about to reach the edge of the crater that… Oh.”Swerv pulled over the last large snow drift and saw Kairan. “I see you, pulling up now.”Switching channels again, Swerv informed Zanth, “I’m here. So is Kairan from Team Wing. I’ll let you know what we find.”Shutting off his crest, Swerv rapped his knuckles on Unpredictable’s dashboard, “This doesn’t mean I don’t need those scans. Let me know wirelessly, I’m heading out to meet Kairan.”Agony sighed, “Fine.”Opening up Unpredictable’s hatch, Swerv dropped out, since it was still on all fours. Waving a hello, Swerv began to approach Kairan at the edge of the chasm.IC / Day Run Arena / Talking with Elithes:Draxion nodded to himself as the coordinates appeared. Ok. He just had to follow the waypoint that appeared on his canopy and he would find Illuxio. Not hard at all.Cloaking both himself and his vehicle with the illusion of invisibility, Draxion took off, realizing it would be really nice to be able to silence his vehicle as well. The illusion of sound was definitely something to look into.IC / West District Outskirts / With Fate, Responding to Kovian:Sevorik nodded as he received the information. He would ask which side they were on once he told Kovian what was going on. Suddenly, Desoria gripped his forearm and tugged on it. Both stopped walking and Sevorik looked back.“Oh, Karzahni,” he said as he gazed back at West District, “Reaper, we have Feranaki. Mata Nui, do we have Feranaki.”He took several deep breathes, pulling out his weapons, even though the beasts were too busy with City. “These large monsters called Nakari have demolished most of West District. I don’t know about anything else. But the Feranaki, they’re here.”

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan waved in response as Swerv approached, and frowned, as he looked down into the crater."I can't believe they would actually do this..." Kairan said, even as he shook his head, looking at the devastation caused by the bomb in just this area of the island.What'll happen now, though...?

IC: BarrensMarx had been hearing voices coming from the team crest."Hello? Why am I picking up so many people?" He said into the team crest."And what is this about a crater?"IC: BarrensHe heard his brother over the team crest."Hey Marx. I'm flying over the crater but it looks move like a giant chasm."IC: BarrensSlate walked around Marx's ship. He was in awe from the advanced tech. The likes of which he had never seen before.He made his way to the cargo bay. Once there he saw various boxes of supplies along with his motocycle and Sol's car.He sat down on a box and looked out a window. The snowy wastes really made him feel sad but the hopes of seeing his friend again kept him from going cold himself.

Edited by paragon

IC / Searcher Chasm / With Kairan at the edge:Swerv walked up beside Kairan and gave off an impressed whistle, “Now that was a bomb. Fortunately the blast was all shaped downwards, or we would all be dead.”As the robot had walked up, that scanning had commenced. First he scanned the rim, finding no one of prominence except for a daring/curious few who had come to observe even after the destruction of their city. In the air was someone who seemed more threatening, but didn’t appear to be hostile.After reaching the edge, Swerv immediately magnetized his feet in place, not wanting to fall off. Because, wow, it was deep. He could not see the bottom, not even with his telescopic vision. The bottom just seemed to have dropped out. Pointing his hand towards the chasm, Swerv clicked his fingers, sending out the strongest magnetic pulse he could.Grunting, Swerv said, “Wow, I can’t map it at all. There’s no way to know how deep that thing is. Mata Nui, what has Lyxek done.”

OOC: Must've missed that part. My bad.IC: Srizz | Arena"Is that his name?" Srizz mused, quickly navigating the hallways. "Whatever. You say he's solid, I'll only suspect him as much as usual. But if I were you I'd keep one eye open. The right mindset can go undercover for years, fight beside you in a hundred battles, stand by your side when everyone else abandons you and still be waiting for the right moment to take whatever it wants. I don't know much about robots, but I got a feeling off Lyxek like he can be your best friend right up until the knife's in your back." The idea of a friend, as most people considered one, was something Srizz had discarded as risky and bad for business when he started lying, stealing and killing for money. Oh, it was certainly tempting at points - someone who had your back, you had his, fighting for one another against all odds, implicit trust and all that romantic stuff - but those who did have something against stabbing those who trust you in the back would take serious issue with him, who didn't mind in the least. That said, he had garnered a general feeling that Kovian had some sense of honor and considered the assassin an ally when their goals aligned, which thankfully was rather often. So, in the interests of survival and good business, he had decided to try and keep Kovian alive longer with this warning, paranoid as it may seem. Wow, when I think of it all like that it kinda sounds like a justification. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Maybe the real answer is-Oh, look, here was the garage! He hurried over to his own ride, which he had yet to name as it hadn't won him anything yet and he didn't want to get attached until he'd been through some ordeals with it. Well, living through this would certainly count. The Haaz'ryz glanced at his relatively consistent ally to see what he picked up. "Go for speed and firepower," he advised. "If it's true there are Feranaki, we'll want to hit them hard and run after, and we need to be at the city while there's still a city left. No profit in saving a ruin."-=H-D=-IC: Theron | West DistrictMuch as he wanted to get a proper status report from Chyff, he saw another of the larger monsters fighting against something else. He hadn't noticed this when he fought his - largely because it was a rather quick fight - but the thing seemed to be healing as it fought against some being he felt like he'd seen before but couldn't quite place. After a moment the officer recognized the warrior, it was on the KNPD's wanted list, but at this point he was willing to ignore his usual mistrust of criminal entities. Just this once.With that in mind he charged forward, leading his blade along the ground until he got close enough to the beast to bring it up, over and down at the head...OOC: That would be the one attacking Peacemaker. Also, question: Those paralytic bolts are just small projectiles, right? Nothing particularly destructive, save for the poison?=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Throne Room - Ring HQKaytana stopped cleaning her nails, and instead brought the hand to her chin in thought as she considered the Hivena's question about Dalmia. The Skakdi didn't know the reptilian being too well, so she couldn't really tell if he was up to something. He did act strange, though that could be his usual behavior..."Not sure," she answered, glancing back at Vailian. "If he did try something, however, I'm sure Lyxek could deal with it easily. Am I right?" Her hands were now placed on the stairs, the pointed tips of her fingers drumming continuously on the step they rested on. She turned and looked down the hall that led to Lyxek's platform, then faced her fellow Ring member again.IC: CityObservation of City brought even more startling results to Hexxon and Anar. Nasty-looking creatures scurried all around in West District, some people seemed to be battling them, and structures all over had fallen apart. East District was the worst: the entire section of the city looked like a jungle, plant life growing all over it. More greeny could be seen dotting other areas of the city -- except South District. Confrontation with the Director seemed, at first, a very foolish and risky thing to do. A look over Central and its emptyness, however, made the idea more appealing to him. Though, it did worry him of just what the AI could do even in a situation like this.Perhaps I should head there later... Hexxon thought, sharing this with Anar via telepathy. It occured to him that the multiple generators he acquiered in the match were still on him, so maybe it wasn't such a bad plan at all...He still needed to find Kaytana, though. But just where she was, he didn't know. He glanced down, ready to sigh, when he noticed his Team Crest was still on hand...

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre grinned."You know I won't leave."He flipped out of the way with his Calix, and charged at the Rahkshi. He swung his flaming sword at the one with sonic abilities.IC: Aranai: Other side of portal:Aranai answered by swinging her axe at the being.IC: Peacemaker: Central:Peacemaker grabbed onto the creature as it passed under him, nearly falling off as it hit the wall. He climbed under it and fired a crossbow bolt at its exposed heart.OOC: They're smaller than most crossbow bolts, but they could be fired right through an unarmored person.

IC: Western BarrensAranai's axe stopped in mid-air, suddenly and unexpectedly. Attempts to take another swing, or move it for that matter, were entirely futile. Greel stared at the Toa of Water, hands still in pockets, and standing completely still. For what he was doing to her weapon, he didn't need physical movement."I don't think so," he said simply. There was a hint of glee in his voice, indicating his delight in battle.Further manipulation of her axe caused it -- and by extension, Aranai (if she still clung to the tool) -- to be repulsed back a number of feet by invisible force. He pulled out his spear while he did this with his telekinesis, watching what was happening across from Rocky, whose eyes flared with energy.IC: West District - CityHexxon and Anar descended into West District, the former increasing their density and the latter flying towards the area. They had spotted a group of beings fighting the bizarre creatures rampaging around this section. I believe they can help us, he told his pet via telepathy.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Blade: Yeah... but I don't see what you're freaking out about. :PIC - Elithes - Arena: Elithes shook his head, though didn't confirm or deny it verbally. He couldn't honestly answer Selirah's question, having not seen what kind of damage had been done to City, despite having an idea of what had happened there. Until they got there, he could only assume the worst. He reactivated the shielding systems as Nikaron and Selirah found comfortable seats, heading toward the Arena's exit.The place was emptier at this point, though he was still picking up the presence of a number of beings. Many of them, he noted, were spreading throughout the Day Run. Whether they were contestants and guards aiming to hold the Day Run grounds, looters who had decided to take advantage of the situation, or Ring members who were gradually taking control of the facilities, Elithes didn't know. All he could tell was that the Day Run, in one swift movement, had been taken from Kerid and Ehjoras, just as the KNPD and the Ring had taken City and Kai-Nam from him.That was unacceptable. If any sort of revenge was justified, it was Elithes's revenge on Lyxek and the Director.Revenge that he would share with everyone else who opposed the two tyrants.Speeding up, he drove up a piece of debris, shooting out of the hole in the wall and out toward the Barrens.IC - Kovian - Arena: Kovian only nodded at Srizz. He knew the Haaz'ryz's advice all too well: during the Silent War on Exa-Nui, he had fallen victim to the same situation that Srizz was describing. That had changed him, driven him to seek revenge--and led him to kill a being just a year ago. But this? This was different. He couldn't quite explain it, but he had no doubts in Illuxio's motivations or his actions. Whatever had happened to him at the end of the now-AI's own universe, it had changed him. That was why Kovian found it hard to believe that he had once been exactly like Lyxek.When it came down to it, Illuxio exhibited that same sense of purity as Parugi had once held on Exa-Nui. Maybe that was why Kovian trusted him so much...Entering the garage, he smirked at Srizz. "Srizz, you're telling this to a Toa who has fought the Feranaki twice, under the control of three different entities and forces," he said. Kovian approached a motorcycle-like vehicle--quite similar to the Outlander and its successor, though noticeably sleeker in design, and equipped with much more powerful force cannons. He climbed on, quickly hot-wiring the vehicle. It hummed as it came alive; the Toa smiled as he recognized the sound-based technology used in its engine. "Let's go."With that, he drove off in the direction of the nearest exit. He activated his comm, connecting to those of Fate and Edge again."Copy that," he said. "Do not engage, at least for the moment. Give me more details--how big is the force at this point? What kinds of Feranaki are here?" He wondered how they had gotten to Kai-Nam in the first place. He had never known the Feranaki to swim, and very, very few of them could fly, from what he had seen. Indeed, even those that could were not capable of infecting others, sans the Infection Forms, which he had seen absolutely none of when the Hunters had raided Gynel earlier in the week...Is this part of your plan, Lyxek? Kovian thought. Releasing the Feranaki on the universe? Or is there something more to it, considering the last two people who wanted to do that both ended up dead...IC - Illuxio - Arena: Illuxio slowed as he saw a vehicle approaching. Seeing that it was Draxion, he waved the Rahkshi down.IC - Zanth/Sanshou - West Barrens: Zanth rubbed his temples as the messages picked up. Opening the hatch to the Seeker's cockpit, he jumped out, landing in the snow below, and walked several steps toward City before coming to a halt. Without a word, Sanshou followed him, looking at the Team Zero leader's back as he stared at the destroyed district."Too much confusion..." Zanth said, rubbing his chin in thought and frustration. For the first time, he was being overwhelmed by the stress of the situation on Kai-Nam. "Too much confusion... Too much confusion..." In another time, another place, another universe, he might have broken at this point. But he couldn't afford to do so right now--the universe couldn't afford it. He sighed, closing his eyes and taking a breath before exhaling.He opened his eyes.The Sherif pressed his hand to his Team Crest, synching it with as many as he could connect to--which, thankfully, was essentially every Team Crest that was still active."This is Zanth of Team Zero. To any survivors from the Day Run and the attack on City and Kai-Nam," he said. "it is of utmost importance that you understand something: as of the attack on the Day Run, we are all fighting for our lives. The Ring has initiated a plan that has been in the works for over a century; in pursuit of their goals--which, to be honest, include the revival of what is essentially a god--they have destroyed City, the Kai-Nam Police Department, the Guild of Tyis, and killed countless others."They have an advantage on us. While measures have been taken to combat them in the past, their true power has only now been revealed, and they have swept against us like a tidal wave. As we speak, Lyxek prepares to complete his plan and throw the universe into irreversable turmoil. But they do not understand the threat that we pose to their forces. We have the ability to stop them, but we need to coordinate our movements."I don't care who you are. I don't care if you believe a word I say, if you want to help for the sake of everyone or to save yourself. The fact of the matter is, we are all in danger, and we need as much help as we can get. Don't try to take this on by yourself. Convene in the southern Barrens; from there, we can organize ourselves and begin to fight back--but we need to hurry." He paused. "Please. If we don't help each other in this fight, we will all die. Zanth out."Zanth turned off the Crest, looking at Sanshou. The Artanian noticed something different about him, though couldn't place her finger on what. Nevertheless, she nodded at him, her eyes determined and her mind set."I'm with you," she said after a moment. "The Ring can't win. It won't win."He nodded back, walking past her and approaching the Seeker. He placed a hand on it, holding his other hand out to Sanshou. Slightly confused, she took it, casting another look at West District.To her surprise, they teleported. Zanth and Suya's power merge had completed--the Ondarian's abilities now belonged to the Sherif.They couldn't have come at a better time.IC - Vailian - Throne Room: "True enough," Vailian said. "Well, I guess I'll see you when this is all over... maybe." With that, he turned and exitted the room, walking out into the hall and toward the base's entrance, where he would take a position on the upper balcony.Not the perfect drop point, but it would work.IC - Nakari - West District: The crossbow bolt did virtually nothing. While it pierced the heart, the fact that the organ had already been greatly damaged by an earlier attack and hadn't brought the beast down hinted at the fact that it wasn't a weakpoint--and that it wasn't even essential to the Nakari's survival.As for Theron's swing, the Nakari seemed to know that the attack was coming before it truly began. With a screech, it energy jumped into the air, rematerializing above the field. It breathed more of its acidic breath down toward Theron and Peacemaker.IC - Rahkshi/Toa - Arena: The Rahkshi recoiled slightly as the attack hit it, though that still left the other one. It continued its charge, sliding past Artorre and releasing its Chain Lightning at his back--as well as the area around it.The Calix may have worked earlier, but it was unlikely to help with lightning clogging the entire area around its user.IC - Dalmia - The Platform: Lyxek's elite guard looked up at Dalmia entered the launch pad. Each of them was busy polishing their weapons--instrument based, like the Ringmaster--only stopping to momentarily nod at him as he approached, Kerid and Ehjoras trailing behind him. Dalmia didn't respond, only walking forward and stepping onto the inactive platform.It was a fairly large structure--twenty feet by twenty feet, perfectly square and flat-floored save for the edges, where rails surrounded all but three spots. Powerful hover thrusters were built into the bottom of it, allowing for it to float high above Kai-Nam. On its surface, a raised platform was present on one half, where Lyxek and his band would watch the Revival from above. On the other end, in either corner, were two cages. It was into these that Dalmia teleported the two Tournament Organizers, their bonds disappearing as their reappeared inside of the metal-barred structures."Keep an eye on them for Lyxek," Dalmia told the four guards. "He wants to decide when they'll come out; let him." He stepped off of the platform, coming to a halt near the door. "In the meantime... I have my own preparations to attend to..." With that, he disappeared, teleporting out of the complex.Soon...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre looked back, and, seeing the rahkshi about to fire the chain lightning at him, he grabbed the other one by the wrist and threw it in between him and the chain lightning rahkshi.OOC: What about the paralysis-inducing coating? Are they immune to it or something?IC: Peacemaker: CentralPeacemaker had been loading his right crossbow. When the creature opened its mouth, he aimed, and fired the bolt directly at it. Afterward, he rolled out of the way of its acidic breath.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

OOC: You know what else is green gas? Antidermis. And what's comprised of Antidermis...? Makuta are, that's what. =P

When it came down to it, Illuxio exhibited that same sense of purity as Parugi had once held on Exa-Nui.
Was that supposed to be Kovian, or did I miss something?-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, as he heard Zanth's message, but nodded."So, shall we head there?" Kairan as he had lost track of where they precisely were, in the chaos of the last few minutes.OOC: I honestly have no clue where the searcher was right now. >>'-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah said nothing, even as Zanth explained the plan over the Team Crests, and simply nodded in response to Elithes' head shake, not sure what to say at that point.

IC: Srizz | BarrensAs Srizz's vehicle raced out after Kovian's 'borrowed' one the assassin's eyes gleamed dangerously. Monsters, gangsters, masterminds, the fate of the universe, interference from another universe - he hadn't felt this exhilirated in years. And best of all, he figured when the smoke cleared there was bound to be someone willing to pay him for his time, effort and restraint (i.e. not stabbing them for skimping on the pay). In the meantime he took mental stock of his own plans: He was an assassin. Not a super-soldier who plowed through armies, but a killer of targets. This whole 'armies of Feranaki' thing was a distraction, Lyxek was the target. A target of unknown capablities with massive forces at his command and a demonstrated high intellect with a twist of insanity that would pad the pay nicely, but still a target. His vehicle was equipped for combat racing, though: The zamor launcher in the front held powerful explosives, the rear could eject flaming oil at any given moment and the high speed, maneuverability and stealth drive would make hit-and-run tactics a breeze. In this he could see himself supporting the war effort until Lyxek's bolt hole was found. And speaking of which, he zoomed up next to Kovian and yelled over the wind, "You heard that, right? We going along with it?" 'That' being the announcement from Zanth just a few moments ago.-=H-D=-IC: Theron | West DistrictContrary to popular belief Theron was not stupid. He was direct, often blunt and believed in order, authority and the rightful rule of the Great Spirit. Among criminals this often translated to stupid, much to their cost, but none of it impaired his ability to notice that the monster he fought had begun to react before his blow should have been in its line of sight. This meant that, to his knowledge, it had the power to heal itself, translocate via energy, hover in mid-air, some kind of extrasensory perception and acid spit. At least. Speaking of the acid, he quickly activated his mask again and drove his blade into the ground. Protected from the deadly rain, he grabbed a nearby piece of rubble about the size of his own torso, spun it around a couple of times to wind up and hurled it at the hovering creature before grabbing the hilt of the sword again. He held his blade ready in case his opponent translocated again to end up right in front of him...=H-D=

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Throne Room - Ring HQKaytana cocked her head to the side. What did Vailian mean by possibly not seeing her again when it was all done? Was he not confident that he could guard the entrance well enough against their enemies? Or was there something darker and more sinister he hadn't told her... ?She didn't worry about it too much, giving a shrug for the subject. Now, she occupied herself with trivial things again, beginning to toy with one of her wooden darts she had retrieved earlier.IC: West District - CityHexxon had heard the message from Zanth from his Team Crest. Most of what the being said sounded like the fantasies of a Matoran, though not long ago he had heard similar talk from Kerid -- and it turned out to be right from what he understood. The Team Comet leader didn't know if he should join these people, or pursue his own goals in finding both Kaytana and the Director. Perhaps he could finally do some good with them, and maybe even run into the Skakdi while helping those people?Another shadowy shroud of energy surrounded the pair, translocating them into the southern Barrens.

OOC: Oh dang, I thought I responded as Aranai.IC: Aranai: Other Side of Portal (Where is that, by the way?):Aranai was familiar with telekinetics and braced herself, placing a foot behind herself. She was still pushed a couple feet back, however. When she regained her balance, she drew moisture out of the ground and tried to guide it up the being's nostrils.

IC: Tavyn, Driving Vertak, Zaydan, and Elittra:"My top feels heavy." Tavyn complaned. "Yes, I realize the Tumbler is not me. Yes, I realize how heavy the Tumbler is. You're one stupid Matoran, it weighs mor than that now. No, I don't have a camea to look... oh come on, just stop and take a look!"IC: Vertak:"Geez, yo never shut up." Vertal muttered, slowing to a halt. "Just wait in here, Zaydan..."He stepped out of the Tumbler and closed it, leaving Zaydan inside. He turned to look up and used his gravity powers to float up- and immediately he crashed back down."Hey there." the Matoran hopped down to crouch beside him, offering her hand. "I seem to remember you, Vertak. I don't think I ever gave you my name, did I?""Um..." Vertak took her hand and stood o his feet. "No, I don't think you did.""Well, let's put the past behind us!" she replied brightly. "I heard that the universe was about to end and we were all going to die, so I decided to be a good lttle Matoran for once. And then I saw you, and apparently you were serious about that turning a new leaf thing.""Um... yeah...""Well? Let's go, then! Universe isn't going to save itself, silly!"So Vertak opened the Tumbler and let her in, remaining silent as they began driving once more.

OOC: The Collector's not a Makuta, if that's what you're saying. And it's not Jaeda, if that's also what you're saying.Also, it's not a mistake--if you read Broken Unity, you would know that. :P My username is taken from Toa Parugi, who was on Kovian's Toa Team on Exa-Nui.Burnmard: Do you refer to that crossbow bolt? I didn't see a mention of a paralysis coating in the post I responded to--I assumed it was a one-time thing for that first bolt that bounced off of the Nakari's head.IC - Nakari - West District: Shooting at the mouth wasn't the smartest thing to do, as the bolt merely disintegrated in the acidic breath. Swiping at the rubble, it snarled through a shower of debris, before translocating again--behind Theron and Peacemaker, where it launched another spray of acid.If anything, it seemed to have learned from the mistake of its deceased kin.IC - Zanth/Sanshou - South Barrens: "Whatever time we lose by getting everyone here--even if they're already at the Searcher's previous location--will have less of an impact than the death of whoever decides to jump into the situation," Zanth answered to Kairan. "So, yes, I would suggest you get over here with whatever information you've gotten from over there."He turned and looked at Hexxon as the Odianian appeared."Hexxon," Sanshou said in surprise, recognizing the former KNPD officer. "You're alive...?"IC - Kovian - Leaving Arena: As they sped out of the Arena, Kovian answered by shifting the direction he was driving in."No point not to," he called back. "Neither of us knows Kai-Nam well enough to take this on our own; may as well get help if it's being offered."IC - ??? - Searcher's Place: While Swerv and Kairan were busy observing and scanning the hole that the Searcher had created, a Ring ship had been silently hovering far overhead. It was a fairly large structure, meant for cargo transport judging from its design. Without a sound, it floated high above the northern Barrens, taking position directly above the middle of the chasm.Something large dropped into the snow a dozen feet away from the edge of the hold, with enough force to send a cascade of snow into the air that was visible from where the non-Ring members stood. Barely a moment after, something else dropped onto another spot, followed by nine others. They were spread an even distance apart from one another, each of them the same distance from the chasm's edge. One of them landed in the area behind Swerv, Kairan, and the Unpredictable, shaking the ground and momentarily creating a thick cloud of airborne dust and snow, obscuring the object from view.When it cleared, they would see a large, cylindrical container, its hull imprinted with the marking CS-05. Beneath it, the symbol of the Ring shone in the dimming sunlight.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Calik - Western BarrensWithout another word, the AI piloted the Ragnorak away, trying to escape the fighting. Calik, on the other hand, was forced to remain.Stumbling to his feet, he watched as a Toa of Water attempted to send a jet of liquid up Greel's nostrils. Not the best move he had ever seen, but certainly the most original.Barely breaking a sweat, Calik used his power over flame to vaporize the water before it came close to his nose, turning it into a wave of steam rising into the air."Alright, no need to start fighting amongst each other," he announced calmly, igniting a ball of fire in his palm for effect, "We've got bigger problems to deal with here, without all this-"His speech was interrupted by a message from his AI being channeled into his helmet, labeled URGENT."Bolts," he groaned, "This has better be good.""Boss, you've got to see this."Suddenly, a live feed was being slammed into the helmet's HUD, a jumbled, chaotic mishmash of actions and shots. In the blur, he saw a couple of beings scurrying about, trying to do... something. Not sure what. All around the scene was sand. And dirt. Lots of it. The Barrens? Probably, but a little further away from their position. Near to where the giant jellyfish had been. Except that where it once stood, there was nothing-No, there was something. A giant hole in the ground.This can't be good, he said, mentally voicing the obvious, before turning to Greel, "Greel, open up a portal to where the giant, jellyfish thing was. Y'know, the one in the Barrens. A few metres away though."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Western Barrens Greel was prepared for the rushing water... but Calik's fiery intervention took care of the threat. With his gauntleted hand, he waved away some of the steam so as to see better. He could make out the outline of Rocky and the glow of his eyes, and clearly heard his growls. As more and more of the vapor dispersed from his swaying hand, the two Toa came into view.Raising his eyebrows, he replied with, "Another portal? Sure thing... " and focused on his gateway-opening powers, bringing the doorway into existence. Greel seemed to disregard Aranai as he spoke with Calik, though really did make sure not to let his guard down on an attacker.The burly man started for the gateway, launching a blast of navy blue, mist-like energy at the Toa of Water. His pet lion fired his charging eyebeams at her as well, aiming to heat her armor to searing temperatures before departing.IC: Southern BarrensThe Shadow energies were unveiled to reveal Hexxon and Anar. With light returning to them, they noticed the two other figures -- Zanth and Sanshou. In responce to her question, which had taken him back a little with surprise, he cocked his head. He couldn't quite recall who she exactly was."Yes," he said, an eyebrow raised. "I guess I'm just hard to kill -- ask any of my enemies." He paused for a moment, and continued with a question of his own. "Why do you ask?"

IC - Sanshou/Zanth - South Barrens: Sanshou shrugged. "I guess I'm just relieved," she said. "Ever since the KNPD ostracized the Guild of Tyis members within their ranks, I've been listening in on KNPD chatter--intelligence gathering for the Guild. Word was that you had disappeared." She looked at City. "Glad to see you back, given... this."IC - Rahkshi - Arena: The Rahkshi screeched as the lightning struck it, thousands of volts pumping into its body and frying the Kraata within. It collapsed, crumpling into a heap on the ground. With another shriek, the second Rahkshi aimed more bolts at Aranai.OOC: Also, EttV, the Barrens are actually snow-covered--not sand and dirt--jsyk. ;)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Southern Barrens"Well, I guess I did a good job of it if you thought that," Hexxon replied, giving a slight smile. "I'd say it's good to be back, though lately things have been quite... shocking and painful for me."Then he glanced over to Zanth, the black and silver-armored being jogging his memories. "I remember you," he said. "You were at the arena match when that Construct appeared, and helped destroy it." Now that he remembered fully who the Sherif was, the Odinan changed the subject. "I assume it was you who sent the message through the Team Crests?"

IC: Above a Giant Hole in the Ground"Hey Sol? You hear that message?" asked Marx."Yes. Why?" replied Sol."This may not be our world but we can't let it fall. We have to help.""I know but we are so weak here. Away from the sun...""So we won't be alone. We have Slate and tons of others to help. So I'll teleport you to my ship. Just make yourself visible from the shadow.""Okay."Sol covered himself in light and then plunged himself into shadows by dribing away the light.Marx was able to locate Sol very quickly when he did this, even from a distance. Marx grabbed his brother and moved him thru the shadows.IC: BarrensSol appeared in Marx's ship."Alright. You two sit down." said Marx.Marx got his his seat and piloted the ship into the Southern Barrens where the other survivors where meeting.IC: West DistrictThe machine was large. The body and head where slightly larger than a van and with the legs it was truly menacing.Toxin climbed in thru the hatch and locked it from within. He found the body held the motors and generators and the head held the cockpit.Toxin walked in and wondered where the controls where. He found a note of one of the many screens in the room.After reading it he knew how to drive the machine.He stood in the middle on the chamber and closed his eyes.The room's lights were turned off and the screens turned on. A soft blue light filled the room and Toxin's body was levitated there.A sickly green and grey smoke left his body and went into the machine....Now when he opened his eyes he truly felt like part of the machine. And somehow it felt so natural.He found he had a shield generator and various weapons systems. Looking around he saw that theFeranaki were just causing pointless destruction.He reached out mentally and found they had no leader.And then he heard Zanth's message because he still had his team crest.He might be a murderer and a monster but he was not heartless. He felt he had to help. somehow.And he knew how."My brethren!" He said both telepathically to them and over the machines speakers. His voice boomed around the area."The beings of this land are in trouble. We will go to their aid. And we will be proclaimed heroes! After the two sides have fought we will make a meal from the losers. And then infect the rest. Our Horde shall grow!"He then turned and walked south. He did not bother to turn because either they followed or they didn't.Then just for good measure he used the machines systems to push his will over the weak minded and non-intelligent Feranaki. He hoped the smarter ones liked the idea of a fight, food and of expansion.And they needed a leader. Toxin was confident he could fill this spot.

IC - Zanth/Sanshou - Southern Barrens: "It was," Zanth confirmed, looking at City. He shifted his focus to the Ring's mountain base for a moment, and then looked north again. "We have three locations to hit and--right now--not enough people to hit all of them." He pointed at City. "The Feranaki are the only things blocking access to the Director. And then there's the Garden, with the other half of the Heart, and the Ring base, where Lyxek is..."Sanshou raised an eyebrow. "You have a plan already?"Zanth nodded after a moment. "Possibly." The Sherif looked at Hexxon and Sanshou. "We need three groups. One needs to fight through City and get to the Director--which you two ought to help with; you know the Citadel better than anyone who can help us. Another group needs to get into the Garden and find--and destroy--the other half of the Heart. I'll lead that group." Zanth looked at the mountain again. "And the last needs to go after Lyxek himself. If we can delay him, then we can stop this whole thing."IC - Feranaki - City: Toxin's confidence was sorely misplaced.While the infection may not have consumed his mind yet, the Feranaki had only one purpose.Spread.They would not bow to any random individual based on willpower alone. They would not help liberate a land from a being that the inhabitants saw as evil. They had one concern, and only one.Consume.The Feranaki had been created from a god, and from there, they had expanded, consumed an island. And now they would do the same to this one. Friend or foe was not a concept that they cared for. They would not be bribed. Were it not for the Heart's influence, and the Eye's, and the Rose's, they would have targeted every being on the island--Day Run, civilian, Guild, KNPD.Ring.But now? Now was the perfect opportunity. They would spread as far as they could. They would grow. They would consume. They would spawn more of their kind. Rhashahk would be reborn. And when their god, their leader, their Rhashahk, was remade, they would spread one thing across the universe.Death.They would not follow Toxin.Only Rhashahk.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: West DistrictRage a primal rage overcame Toxin as he saw that the Feranaki would not obey.Why would they not obey? He had held the Rose in his hands. He had guarded it from harm. He had... He had...He had only rage. All the eyes of the spider turned a dark red.The once soft blue light within the machine was now a vicious red.And then the speakers unleashed a sickening hiss.He launched missiles from the spiders head. The struck nearby buildings and exploded. Debris rained down on the streets below.The machine got lower to the ground and fire was spat from its maw. It burned anything in his way Feranaki, living or not it didn't matter.NO! He would not help Zanth and the survivors. He would not help the other Feranaki. He would not help the Shadowed One and the Dark Hunters.He denounced his past, his titles and even his name.And when his rage started to wane he found he had nothing. NOTHING!And then his tantrum started all over again...Was it the Shadowed One's fault? Yes!Was it Lyxek's fault? Yes! And he was close. He was on this island. He had given the Shadowed One the Gynel mission. So he was even for at fault than anyone else. He had turned Toxin into a monster. He would pay.The Monster would tie Lyxek up like a bug in a spider's web and he would slay him. Drink his power and insides like a smoothie. And then rend his lifeforce and end his life. And the just for good measure he would slay the rest of the Ring too.They would pay and Toxin had been known to be greedy. Surely this Monster could only be worse.

IC / Searcher Chasm / With Kairan at the edge:Swerv began to turn even as the cylinder fell, thanks to his enhanced reflexes, even if he didn’t use them all of the time. As it landed and sent up a wash of snow, Swerv pushed both hands forward, sending out a magnetic pulse. Immediately afterwards, Swerv sent out a second pulse at a different spot on the cylinder. Seeing as the cylinder now had two spots on its body, which were right next to each other, that were polarized oppositely, the thing would probably tear open at any time, or at least create a seam of some sort.Yes, Swerv realized it might be a bad thing to open a sinister cylinder when one doesn’t know its contents, but now wasn’t a time to be waiting for things to happen, either. “Agony, weapons,” Swerv said as he began to walk forward, the snow finally settling.As he reached for his staff, he could hear Unpredictable’s laser whine in protest as it charged. It seemed he would have to repear it once this was all done and over with. Something else to add on to his list for his vehicle. Hopefully, however, it would still be able to fire.IC / Day Run Arena / Pulling up to Illuxio:Draxion sighed with relief. Illuxio hadn’t been far away at all. Feeling weird as the robot waved him down, Draxion shook off the fact that the AI now had a body. Coming to a full stop across from him, Draxion left his bike running and popped open the canopy.With a reptilian grin, Draxion got off his vehicle and waved to Illuxio, holding back a hug. Now was not the time for such joyfulness over just seeing someone. “Okay,” Draxion said, as per his usual style of following the others, “What are we doing?”Nothing could keep Draxion’s mood down for long, not even possibly losing both a friend and a very important mask to Dalmia.IC / KNPD HQ / Creeping farther in:As Waiter and himself continued creeping farther into the bowls of the Citadel, Brother figured that Zanth’s match had to have ended by now, and it was fine to message him. Instead of talking, giving away his location, Brother stopped moving and began to type him a message. It read: Zanth, it is Older Brother. I and a colleague of mine are in the KNPD HQ. There is no one here whatsoever. Something strange and evil seems to be pressuring us the farther we go in, however. Will get back to you once we kill the Director.Sending the message, Brother put away his communicator and moved forward once again, searching to see if there were floors below himself by reaching for any shadows that would be there; if there were more levels to this structure that led farther down.IC / West District Outskirts / With Fate, Communicating with Kovian:Sevorik shook his head, “It’s hard to tell from the distance and the wreckage, but it appears everyone left in City has been turned, or at least in this district. I don’t see any Breakers or that big thing, but I don’t have any vantage point to get a good view.“Although most beings made it out before we even knew the Feranaki was here, so the force is not as large as it may seem from where we are standing.” Sevorik squinted in the direction of City as they walked farther away from it. He was sure glad he wasn’t in there… Yet.

IC - Canister - Barrens: With a protesting whistle, the door of the canister began to creak open, hissing as the seal was released. A pair of panels opened, sliding to either side and revealing the contents of the structure. A humanoid mech--white in color with green accents--laid dormant within it, curled slightly and facing forward, its head tilted to look at the ground. On its right breastplate, the same code--CS-05---was printed in silver lettering.Even with its body exposed, the machine did not activate, merely lying within the canister. IC - Illuxio - Arena: As Illuxio climbed on, he replayed the message from Zanth."South Barrens," he said. "That's our best bet. We should hurry."IC - Zanth/Sanshou - Southern Barrens: Zanth frowned as he read Brother's message. This isn't going to end well... He quickly returned a message.Fall back. Citadel and Director too dangerous to tackle alone--wait for back-up. Overconfidence in abilities will not bear any benefits at this point.IC - Kovian - Barrens: "Right," Kovian said. "Start heading toward the southern Barrens; we'll pick you up on the way to meet other survivors from the attacks."IC - Lurinost - Citadel: "Well... what do we have here?"The voice came from Waiter's right as Lurinost's sand condensed, forming her body. The transportation didn't seem to have dispersed any of the excess energy in her system, as stray electricity still seemed to crackle across her armor, illuminating the darkness. Her insane smile plastered her face as she approached."You aren't KNPD. Or even the Ring." Lurinost flexed her hands. "A trespasser, though... You must be skilled to have survived that attack..."Through the oppressing atmosphere, it was almost impossible to feel anything below the base. However, there was definitely some sort of massive chamber below the Citadel. Its existence was all that could be determined, however--attempts to teleport would fail, and any grab at specifics within the domed area didn't seem to yield any results.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Srizz | Approaching Southern BarrensBy now Srizz was silent, a rare thing indeed when not on the job. Of course he would've loved to comment on the mission, chat with Kovian about the weather and so on... if it weren't for, well, the weather. His scales were all but frozen together. He'd had to wrap his wings around his body to keep from freezing. Sure, it was cold up in the sky, but up there he was moving. Flying. That made it better somehow. Down here he was just riding a machine and hoping the meeting would be someplace warm. Warmer. Anything that's not here.-=H-D=-IC: Theron | West District | Fighting a NakariAnother thing about Theron most people assumed when they saw his armor was that it was hard to maneuver in all that metal and he wouldn't be able to easily turn around. That... was sadly true. Some sacrifices had to be made for this level of protection. But nothing stopped him from flipping his blade around in his hands and thrusting it backward when he heard the distinctive sound of the monstrous creature rematerializing behind him. With any luck he would hit something that was important. =H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC / Searcher’s Chasm / With Kairan:Swerv stopped walking forward and checked both his memory and memory banks. Instead shifting into a defensive position, he said to Kairan, “I’ve never seen this mech before. Of course that might be nothing, considering how many mechs come for the Day Run, but still..”The yellow robot looked over at the Toa of Lightning, “It’s not active. You suppose we should take a look?” He was going to take a look anyway, but it was polite to ask.IC / Day Run Arena / With Illuxio:“Oh,” Draxion said, getting back onto his vehicle, “Ok then. Hang on.” Rising above the Arena’s dome, the Rahkshi floored his bike, and they took off for the southern barrens. Draxion hissed in glee. It wasn’t often he was able to go at top speed with this thing. He would savor the experience.IC / KNPD HQ / Oblivious both to Zanth’s message and Lurinost’s arrival:Brother frowned, surprised at what he had found. Well, barely found. Even with his doubled power, it seemed that he was having a hard time sensing anything. But there was definitely a large room down there somewhere. He broadened his search; he didn’t need to sense what was in the door, but the location of stairs or an elevator shaft would be nice.While he did this, Brother stopped moving. How large was this place anyway? There was no way it was this big on the outside, was there? Anyway, he needed to stop moving to concentraite on feeling with the shadows. It was hard enough trying to sense anything through the oppressive atmosphere of the place let alone searching room to room while he did it.IC / KNPD HQ / Possibly Fighting Lurinost:He had been silent, plus his mask was on, making him a shadow and silent, anyway. Not to mention he had been moving in the shadows, as was ingrained into his mind. There was no way Lurinost could have seen him, even if she was currently walking towards him. Well, unless she could sense energy or had psychic powers.So, he did what came naturally. He looked from side to side and pointed to himself, as if to say, “Me?”IC / West District Outskirts / With Edge:“Got it,” Sevorik said as he shut off the crest and gave Desoria a sullen look. Desoria weakly smiled at him. He sighed and said, “This means we have to leave the heated path, doesn’t it?”Desoria patted his shoulder, “I’m afraid so, dear.” Strengthening the flames on the axe head on her back, the two dark hunters stepped off the beaten path and began heading south.

IC - Nakari - West District: The blade tore through one of the Nakari's wings, causing it to screech again. It did not stop the acid that was now almost on top of Theron and Peacemaker.IC - Citadel - Citadel: Once again, it was impossible to get anything but a general feeling that the room was present. The only way Brother was going to find a path into it was through old-fashioned physical searching.Specifically, searching for stairs on the base floor that led downward.IC - Lurinost - Citadel: Waiter's surprise was well-placed. That should have been impossible for anyone to see through.Unless, of course, he had entered the domain of someone--or something--so powerful, so ethereal, so unnatural--so evil--that it could sense the slightest change in temperature, the smallest shift of the wind, the lowest levels of noise, and even the slight idiosyncrasies of the universe that occurred on such a small level as not to be noticed, and had thus alerted--and even summoned---the Paladoston. Perhaps on her own Lurinost wouldn't have known about Waiter's arrival--or Brother's--but that was the problem: she was not on her own. She never was.Neither had Waiter and Brother been when they entered the Citadel.One key thing seemed to have slipped their minds through all of this: They were on the Director's turf. And the Director was the Citadel."You." Lurinost took a step forward. "You cannot hide. We are always watching; you cannot hide from us here."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Theron | West District | Fighting a NakariThe Toa managed to wrench out his blade and, as it swung around, use its momentum to aid him in turning to face the monster. However he was too late to stop the acid splashing onto the back of his armor, as indicated by the hissing noise and the horrible smell he knew would soon be filling his helmet. He activated his mask again, shielding his armor from further damage, but it would be some time before the acid itself dripped off. He would have to keep the shield up against that and focus on the battle at the same time. Well, fighting demons wasn't supposed to be easy...=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: All of Peacemaker's bolts are coated with a paralysis-inducing poison. Also, why does the stolen vehicle sound so much like Artorre's motorcycle? =PIC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre grinned as he started to make progress in the battle. He used his Calix once again, flipping around, away from the lightning and eventually over the rahkshi. He stabbed at the being with his sword.IC: Aranai: West District:Aranai smiled sadistically."You're right, no need to fight. Violence is a luxury. We will meet again."She hopped backward through the same portal she entered with. She would love to fight longer, but she couldn't leave her vehicle. She sidestepped when she reached the other side, Greel's attacks passing harmlessly by her. She then set off to retrieve her vehicle.IC: Peacemaker: West District, I guess?:Peacemaker looked around as the Nakari disappeared, finding it behind him. He rolled to the side."I will find your weakness, creature. Resistance is futile."He jumped up, propelled above the creature by the grid on his back. He loaded his left crossbow and fired it at the base of the Nakari's neck.