Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan dove to the side, attempting to push Kerid out of the way of the attack as well, as he looked back, and aimed a quick bolt of lightning that would head toward the boomerang guy, even as he scanned the surroundings, looking for the person who decided to animate the floor.

IC: ArenaBlood dripped from Toxin's mouth. His senses were incredibly sharp and his heart raced.He just felt so powerful. More powerful than he had ever felt as a Toa.The being he had mauled was on hte ground and seemed to be bleeding out. Soon he would die or become infected or both.He could now see aura's with an unnatural clarity even if he did not know what that was.IC: ArenaSlate passed out the pain was too much to handle.His body glowed a soft yellow color and flashed once and then returned to normal. But that happned much faster than most living beings would be able to notice....He stood over his own body and quickly realized he was having an out of body experience. He walked around the battlefield. His perception of time was strange in this astral state. Time around him moved so slow and yet he seemed to move at a normal pace.He knew not how long this would last but he had to have faith his friends and allies would keep his body safe.OOC: Can't think of anything for Sol or Marx to do right now. :/

IC - Nakari - West District: The laser tore through the Nakari's chest and heart, causing it to screech again. It didn't die, though it did push away, fleeing the Unpredictable and disappearing further into West District.IC - KNPD HQ: Neither Waiter nor Brother activated any traps through their respective actions; however, given the Director's tendencies... that wasn't very surprising.IC - Kovian/Illuxio - Arena: "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure," Kovian said. "Judging from Draxion's announcement just now, it sounds like the Ring is going after some mask--which, if it's at the Day Run, would indicate--to me, at least--that they're either trying to take down the Day Run, or they're trying to capture Kerid and Ehjoras." He nodded at Illuxio as the robot--still slightly dazed--approached them. "Either way, it's not good.""You know, I hate to be a Durzo Downer," Illuxio said. "But I think we have bigger problems than saving the Day Run right now. At this point, the Ring has the entire facility under their thumb. I seriously would suggest that we get back to City and start dealing with things there."IC - Kerid - Arena: As the Toa of Ice began to spread ice around her feet, Kerid had drawn a pistol, aiming it at him and launching a quick series of energy bursts at his chest. She was thrown off her feet anyway, however, when Kairan pushed her out of the way of the animated floor, landing underneath the stairs.As she pushed herself back to her feet, the being with the extending limbs appeared again. Arms stretching upward, he grabbed several of the floating stairs that Kerid had created moments before, hurling them at her. She dropped her axe, trying to use her Pakari to catch them, though was thrown off by another attack from a Toa, who managed to use his magnetism powers to pin her hand to the wall of the raised central circle.IC - Elithes/Sanshou - Arena: Elithes grunted as he was slammed into the floor. The Toa of Earth raised his sword, intending to finish him off--only to be interrupted by a knife in his back, which caused him to drop his blade. As he gasped in pain, Sanshou appeared, kicking him onto his back--which drove the dagger even deeper--and finished him off with a twist of the neck.She nodded at Elithes, helping the Matoran to his feet."Come on," she said. "Ring members are spreading throughout the Day Run grounds; whatever Dalmia did to the Recorders during the match apparently affected the entire circuitry of the place, because none of their synthetic defenses are online.""You vant to leave zhe guards to fight by zheirselves?" Elithes asked her, yanking his hand out of hers. "Zhey von't stand a chance.""No," Sanshou admitted. "But that's true even with our help. The Ring is just.... way too focused on attacking here. We need to get everyone out--contestants, guards, and staff."Elithes frowned, though nodded after a moment. "Fine." Activating his Team Crest, he sent a message to everyone he could: "Retreat."IC - Dalmia/Ehjoras - The Vault: Dalmia smiled as he and Ehjoras came upon their target. The Mask of Aru--the Kanohi Nox--was stationed in a square energy field, situated on a simple pedestal. Any attempts to get to it without first deactivating the defenses would be met with... unfortunate consequences.Fortunately, he had a way to deactivate the defenses.Nodding at Ehjoras, the Matoran reluctantly approached the control panel, entering a series of codes into it. Within seconds, the energy field had dissipated, granting Dalmia access to the mask. He stepped forward, holding a hand out. The mask warped out existence, reappearing a moment later in his open palm. For a moment, he simply stared at the mask, observing it, before smiling to himself. Ehjoras yelped as ropes of energy appeared around him, binding his arms to his body and immobilizing his legs. They lifted the Matoran off of his feet, causing him to float behind Dalmia as he walked back out of the Vault."Very good job, Ehjoras," Dalmia said. "So good, in fact, that you've earned a front-row seat to the Awakening." Ehjoras gasped. "Oh, don't worry--you won't be alone. As a matter of fact I think a very good friend of yours is also going to be there... Shouldn't be long now."Humming softly to himself, Dalmia exited the Vault, teleporting as soon as he was past its devilishly secure walls. His voice bounced around the darkened corridor for a few moments, before the entire place fell silent.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Okay, we're all officially dead. D=-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, as he blasted some of the stairs with his lightning powers, noticing something odd."They seem... Off." Kairan said, as he retaliated against the weird armed person, and pointed his new staff toward the Toa of Magnetism quickly."They seem to be going for... less lethal attacks against you, compared to me." Kairan noticed, not liking what that seemed to imply.

IC: Day Run ArenaKairan's lightning bolt blasted the boomerang-thrower away and out of the fight. However, the opponent was soon replaced by his animating ally and a bat-wielding being. The animator was large, with four arms and curved horns protruding from his helmeted head. His armor and helmet design was reminiscent of a gladiator's, and held within his hands were the tools of such a warrior: a trident, net, and shortsword -- and the wrist-mounted Rhotuka Launcher. The limb bearing the device raised, hurling another wheel at the Toa, which was meant to bring his own armor plating to life and crush him before he could fire off another mist burst from his spear. If that didn't work, then he could expect a jab from the trident.The second assailant -- a modified Matoran -- simply swung his tool at Kairan's head in order to split it open. He and his partner tried keeping the Toa's attention away from the others, and instead on them. A bestial man -- a member of the Dark Hunter Conjurer's race -- joined those attacking Kerid. He approached from the side, focusing his natural telekinetic powers on her body. While his fellow criminal had succeeded in sticking her hand on the wall, he tried pressing the rest of her against the platform so as to restrain the Steltian. The being also tried calling her axe away to himself in case she attempted to retrieve it.Kaytana almost had an opening. Kerid had been pinned to the side of the column, and a Ring member with stretching appendages and that Lightning Toa had put her back in sight by removing some of the steps she was hidden behind. Once she was completely held in place, the Skakdi would take her shot at the Day Run Organizer.

IC: Vertak, Fighting the Ring:"Don't wreck the Tumbler, Zaydan!" Vertak warned as her attack was negated by Djoser thorugh some expert maneuvering. The Matoran ran up and jumped onto the vehicle from behind, opening it and grabbing Djoser by the neck before hauling him out and grabbing the remote, closing the Tumbler as he did so. He heard Djoser curse but ignored him, instead firing a homing rocket at the Matoran.

-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan paused and frowned, as Vertak got back into the vehicle; removing the iron blockades, thankfully just in time for the missile to be fired."I'd rather not be blown up." Zaydan replied, as she tried to use her iron powers to quickly hold Djoser in place."Can you handle Djoser?" Zaydan inquired, wondering if she should go do what Zanth had asked, and help evacuate the Arena.

IC: Vertak, Fighting the Ring:"Yes, I can handle Djoser." Vertak muttered, mentally cursing as Djoser speared the rocket with ice several feet before it could hit him. "Let him go- this is between him and me, and I have the advantage as it is."OOC: Parugi, if Djoser does end up dying, would it be better here or after?

-==IC: Zaydan==-"Alright; just don't die." Zaydan said with a nod, as she backed away, and then looked around the Arena with a frown, not knowing who she should attempt to evacuate first; or even how to pull that off.

OOC: No preferences.IC - Kerid - Arena: Kerid growled, using her Pakari to fight against the telekinesis. Gripping her pistol tightly, she aimed it at not-Conjurer, firing several rounds at his chest and stomach.The stretchy-limbed being noted the distortion around Kerid's armor, where her shields were active. Aiming a scepter at her, he fired a blast of energy at her back, disrupting the shields as the others finally managed to push her back.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Day Run ArenaKaytana saw her chance. She had been waiting for the perfect opportunity, trying to keep her aim as accurate as she could while doing so. The assembled Ring had finally got her to stay still; time to take the shot.Here goes nothing, the Skakdi thought, grinning wildly. Her mechanical arm fired the poisoned dart, shooting it towards the Steltian, pass the combatants and through the opening Kerid was visible in.

IC: Srizz | ArenaSrizz frowned, more out of confusion than anything. "What's in the city?" He asked. "I never really took the tour when I got here."-=H-D=-IC: Theron | West DistrictThere had, in fact, been someone there not long ago - the KNPD officers Theron had gathered together. Unfortunately, while he was busy with the Nakira or whatever, they appeared to have gotten themselves separated. He shook his head. The lack of discipline among the officers here was really getting on his nerves. He tried the comm channel one more time, despite its less-than-amazing effect earlier. "I repeat, is there anyone on this frequency? Does anyone know what happened here?"=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Vertak, Fighting the Ring:As Vertak began his attack on Djoser, that was when Eremia began her counter-strike; thanks to his mental shielding, the attack was lessened, but for a moment Vertak was distracted as he mentally grappled against Eremia, allowing Djoser the precious seconds he needed to momentarily get out of harm's way.

IC - Kerid - Arena: Kerid continued to struggle, though went still after a moment as something pierced the skin between part of her armor. A minute later, she had passed out, subdued by the potent poison.IC - Illuxio/Kovian - Arena: "A lot of stuff," Illuxio said, listening in on the radio chatter from City. "Mutated Niaka of some kind, on top of the Searcher explosions and a number of other bombs..." He went silent for a moment. "And... Feranaki."Kovian's eyes widened. He grabbed his equipment, moving quickly toward the Arena's exit, Illuxio following after him. "Move," he said. "We don't have time to lose."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan scowled, as he jumped out of the way, and sent counter attacks at his attackers, even as he noticed Kerid go down.Things just keep getting better and better... Kairan thought, as he frowned."Anyone wanna help me here?!"

IC: Calik - ArenaCalik, upon seeing the insects that Wasponax was releasing, de-activated his powers, dropping to the ground. Now with his full-attention focused on the Dark Hunter, ripped off his bandolier, wrapping it around his left fist, before lighting it on fire, creating a veil of smoke which would drive away most of the swarm. With the other hand, he unsheathed his last remaining dagger, before charging at the Hunter.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Arena"Brother I'll get Slate's motorcycle. You go find him! We are listening to that voice and retreating." Said Marx thru the team crest."Ship lock on to the signal from Slate's motorcycle."The ships computer located it and teleported it up and into the teleporter room by fixing on the energy signal created by the special engine.Marx then activated the thrusters and rocketed away. He knew his brother would not fail.IC: ArenaSol zoomed around and he just happened to find Slate. Slate was passed out and Sol skidded to a stop. He jumped out of the car and picked up Slate and placed him in the back seat."Any of you need a lift?" He asked the beings that were fighting around Slate.He then zoomed off after the beings crawled in, if any. He could carry three more Toa sized beings easily but could carry more if he needed to.IC: ArenaSlate's out of body experience ended when his body was picked up and put in Sol's car. He would need some sleep but he should be okay.IC: ArenaToxin activated his mask and became the same color as the arena. He then followed some retreating beings out without any of them noticing.

Edited by paragon

IC: Vertak, Fighting the Ring:Needing to know what was going on in the battlefield around him, Vertak activated the AI, inputting the values to coincide with several of whom he considered allies or enemies."AI, update me." he ordered."The Ring has subdued Kerid, and the Ring member Dalmia has left the arena." the AI replied in what sounded like a sarcastic voice. "Your friend Slate is being lifted out as we speak, Team Zero is ok, and Djoser is about to spear the tires of this vehicle."Vertak cursed and spun the wheel while firing the thrusters at the back, managing to flip on one wheel so that he was facing Djoser again."So you've decided to work with me again?" he asked the AI."For now." the AI told him sullenly. "And I do have a name, you know. Better than that lousy name you gave me before.""I thought you admired Djoser!""He freed me, but he's still rude."OOC: Name suggestions welcome! :biggrin:-ibrow

Edited by ibrow

IC: Day Run ArenaKaytana's grinned stretched out more, showing her growing malice. She leapted off the platform, landing on top a giant's shoulders and head before jumping onto the floor. As she made her way over to the downed Kerid, she transformed one of her arrows into a handful of plant spores for use against the Day Run Organizer. The Ring members attacking Kairan were pushed back from the Toa's responding assault. Until their target was definately in their possession, however, it was critical that they continued to hold any allies back. And so, the four-armed combatant tossed his net at Kairan, which crackled with pure energy along its webbing. His partner drew a vial of green liquid, proceeding to hurl it at his opponent's feet. Its glass casing shattered, releasing a sizzling acid onto the floor.The Skakdi strode past the fight, passing undetected by any of the three with her generators. Once she joined those holding Kerid, she revealed her presence. Shimmering back into view, she said, "Well done," before blowing the seeds at the unconscious Steltian. Kaytana's spores would transform into fast-growing vines and tendrils meant to bind her. Her expression indicating her satisfaction with her fellows' work, she pulled out a wide, silvery, and circular device -- her personal teleporter (which she had used to get to her vantage point) -- that reflected her unpleasent facial features.She cleared her throat before bellowing in a tone of voice she commonly used as a soldier on Zakaz for her war cry, "RETREAT!". It wasn't as loud as it would be with a microphone, but still reverberated throughout the arena. Her message was passed on by other Ring members, either from person to person or by Team Crest. That done, Kaytana placed the transporter on the ground and ordered the closest, strongest criminals to help lift Kerid onto it next to her. The Skakdi didn't want enemies possibly snatching her prize back as they fled the Coliseum. It would teleport them out of the battlefield, where they could leave from there.IC: Day Run Arena Every insect caught in the smoke coughed before flying back to the Hive for cover. Upon hearing Kaytana's order's to withdraw, Wasponax folded into a ball again, rocketing away from the scene. "Maybe next time, flamethrower!" the Dark Hunter called back to Calik, upset that he couldn't continue the fight.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Oh great, we have a 'cannot thwart step one' situation. =P-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan scowled once more, as he rolled to the left to avoid both the acid and the net, and attempted to send a bolt of lightning that would hopefully act like chain lightning if that was even possibly, that was iffy at the moment, even as he attempted to run toward Kerid once more.

IC: Djoser, Fighting Vertak:Djoser froze as the Tumbler unexpectedly turned to face him when it clearly shouldn't have, before he remembered the AI."Huh." he stood up straight, tossing his ice spear into the air and catching it easily. "So the little AI has been activated in a desperate gamble, and in return the little AI has decided to turn against the guy who freed him. Typical, isn't it?""See what I said?" the AI amplified its voice so that Djoser could hear. "He's rude to me, too."

IC / West District / Fighting off Panic:Swerv sat, staring straight ahead into random space. He was so happy he was not dead. He could not begin to express how happy he was to be alive. Because even he would have died in the size of the explosion caused by the tons of explosives behind him.Swerv slowly looked over his should to look at the stacks upon stacks of the dormant little bombs. All safe. Well, not that they would detonate if dropped, but nerves could still wear thin with that much power sitting behind someone.Unpredictable was crying out in pain as it struggled to stay powered. Swerv’s whole dashboard was red, and he saw that the Nakari had gashed holes in the side of his vehicle. Several warning lights were flashing and beeping incessantly, and Swerv finally shut off the vehicle.All sounds faded and Swerv finally noticed the sounds of devastation in the distance. Rubbing his face, which did nothing but seemed to get him moving, Swerv patted Unpredictable’s dashboard and got up and out of the vehicle.Still on its four legs, Swerv was able to stand under Unpredictable without ducking. Manually doing a quick check of all essential systems, the yellow robot began recharging the several batteries that stored a quite sizable amount of energy. All had been drained completely dry.Several minutes later, Swerv climbed back up and inside, using his magnetic generator to fix the gashes as well as he could in the short time he spent trying to fix them. Turning back on Unpredictable, Swerv had Agony run a systems check while he reconnected his cables to the vehicle. The AI had silently helped for awhile now, and Swerv realized he might have been ignoring it. Or, him. It wasn’t too smart at the moment, but it still was sentient, and male.“How’s it going, buddy?” Swerv asked aloud, as he started to receive information on Unpredictable through his cables.Unpredictable’s inside speakers cracked to life. “Long time, no speak,” Agony said, sarcasm dripping from the words, “I’m fine, and since I’m basically Unpredictable, I’m fine as well, just… tired.”“Ok, well, sorry for being distracted lately, there’s been a lot of stuff going on.”“Shut it, robot. Do you really have time to have a chat while you’re in the middle of all this ‘important’ stuff? I may not speak, but I’m not deaf.”“Uh, yeah. Ok, yea, need to get going. We good?”Agony’s answer was Unpredictable’s engines coming to life. Swerv was about to take the controls when he thought better of it and instead said, “Agony, take us to the Searcher, I need to run scans and check radio information that might be broadcasting.”And the AI did.Swerv, meanwhile, sent out several different pulses of energy, two of them being magnetic and electric, cataloging what information came back. Once he was done, he checked all radio waves, searching for, well, anything useful.IC / Day Run Grounds / Outside of the Arena Wondering What to Do:Draxion spun in circles, uncloaked. Not seeing anything of importance, he jumped into flight mode and took to the skies, searching for Dalmia below. To think that this all might be happening because he had taken that mask off of Daega. Jaeda, whatever. He hated her even more now.She was still causing havoc, even after death. So. Not. Cool.Draxion bit his lip, scanning scanning scanning. He could have stashed the mask away with Garett. Garett definitely would have been able to keep it safe and out of harm’s way. Even Older Brother and Endless Boundaries might have been able to keep it safe, with all the hundreds of different experiments they did each day. Then again, Older Brother was evil, in a professional way that almost made it worse. Not to mention he still hadn’t learned his true name yet. Draxion had forgotten it, and Garett had said he needed to find it out on his own.Draxion didn’t understand the reasoning behind that, but knew that Garett was as wise as he looked. Not to mention he had probably fought Older Brother more than once. After all, to both of them, he was their older brother. But thinking like that made him think of his other brothers and even his sisters, as controversial as that had been when his father had made them.Ah, father. He was unique. He was pure. He cast out his elemental powers of shadow in the form of Older Brother, and yet still given the Kraata a special set of living armor that was able to give him another power of some sort, although no one knew what it was, not even Older Brother.Yes, father was special. Father could fix this. Draxion’s heart almost broke as he thought about it, and tears filled his vision as he continued looking for Dalmia.Father was missing.IC / KNPD HQ / Charging In, Subtly:Nothing. Brother almost cursed as he felt his left hand armor twinge again. Waiter needed to stop doing that. It was getting annoying. No. Anger.Brother took a deep breath and pinched the shadow at Waiter’s feet. Two tugs towards the KNPD HQ. One more pinch sent to Waiter and Brother was in motion, sliding forward, wary of any un-sensed traps. As Waiter had told him just a short while earlier, the Director seemed to be able to take away power over elements, or something like that. Maybe it was just for metal. Who knew?But one thing was for certain, the Director wasn’t in the main KNPD building. Both Waiter and Brother could agree on that. Otherwise the Guild members would have succeeded, or at least done more damage. There were other variables as well, like how the equipment needed to sustain what seemed to be a super smart AI and possibly other slave AI was not able to fit in the small dark room Waiter had rescued Alan from.So, instead, Waiter and Brother both took a different side of the building, looking for any access ways. Both looked by eye and with their powers. Because, if the equipment wasn’t up, then it was down.IC / West District / On the Outskirts of City:Sevorik paused, staring out at the snowy expanse before them, taking in the Barrens. “Day Run crests, right? What do they do?”Desoria shrugged, “I’m not too certain, dear.” She handed him one and looked her own one over once again.Sevorik stared at it, noticing a switch or something. Activating it… nothing happened. “Great, just great,” Sevorik said, not realizing the crest was picking up his voice and transmitting it to whoever heard it, “How are we supposed to walk all the way to the Day Run to get Kovian now?”With a considerable delay, Sevorik’s message came out of Desoria’s crest. Sevorik sighed heavily and swayed from side to side. Standing still was causing his insides to act up again, not like they ever stopped. “Well, that’s just great too,” Sevorik deactivated the crest, “Now we know for sure only you heard me.”Then again, anyone might have picked up his message.“Well, let’s not just stand here.” Heading for the heated path, Sevorik and Desoria continued their long walk to the Day Run.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

OOC: Uh... How about Tai? (Totally not just the initials of 'The A.I.' :lookaround: )IC: Srizz | Following KovianThe fact that the assassin followed without question at the mention of Feranaki could mean even he understood the threat these creatures posed and what it meant that someone else besides Ruaki could control them. It could also be taken to mean he respected Kovian enough to follow his lead, even into pitched battle. Most likely, though, he just smelled opportunity. But he did stop long enough to grab Kovian's shoulder and signal to wait. "When the explosions went off I was in a garage," he explained. "All the vehicles were still there. My guess: Ours are too. We may need'em. I say we grab our rides and meet the Feranaki with some firepower."-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Calik - Day Run Arena"RETREAT!"Calik whirled around at the order, spotting a Skakdi (Kaytana) ordering her troops to bring Kerid to some sort of teleportation device, a small silver object laying at her feet.The Toa was too far to attack face-to-face, he would have to battle from afar. Whirling his left hand, still bound in flaming fabric, he gathered a small fire in his palm, before igniting it into a stream of blazing heat headed straight for the Skakdi's direction.Or rather, just at her feet. Hitting Kaytana would just enrage her, and make the situation worse. But hitting the teleportation device. Endgame. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: BarrensMarx landed this ship in the Barrens. He sat in the pilot's seat and waited.Soon he saw his brother arrive in his car.Marx walked out and help Sol carry Slate into the ship to be healed. They would have liked if the Day Run people had done this but they seemed to be having there own problems at the moment.Slate was put on a table and Marx got out a strange blaster machine. He loaded a glowing grey cube into it and pulled the trigger.Slate was surrounded by a strange unearthly glow and his armor was twisted back into its normal shape. Then his body was healed of any major wounds and then anything minor such as scrapes and bruises.The whole time red light poured out of Marx's body and into the blaster. Where the energies were converted into a form in which it could be used to heal.The machine worked much like a mask of healing and regeneration Kanoka at the same time. The machine needed power though. It could work off of most types of energy but Marx had built to so it best worked with his powers.It was amazing shadow and gravitic energies were somehow changed into energies that could heal and repair.Marx sat down in a chair and closed his eyes. The machine was draining but at least it worked. He knew Slate would be good as new when he woke up. For now he would rest.Sol took the cube out of the blaster and put it back in its case and then put that and the blaster back in the ships store room.He walked outside and sat on his car breathing in the cold air and trying to focus his mind.

IC - ??? - KNPD HQ: There was still no sign sign of any activity in the Citadel as Brother and Waiter split up and continued their search. That was both good and bad. The lack of resistance gave them virtually free roam to explore the place, at least for the moment, finally revealing the interior of the place to the outside world--and it wasn't pretty. A large portion of the base consisted of offices, computer rooms, places where information could be stored and processed. Yet there were a much larger number of other rooms in the place--empty rooms, devoid of anything but simple seats in their middles, surrounded by walls on all sides.The deeper into the place that the two went, individually or together, the more evil the atmosphere seemed to become.It wasn't long before both--first Waiter, then Brother--would hear... something... moving. It was a sort of slithering sound, though its source was unseeable, undetectable save for the noise it made. And it seemed to move through the walls. It was only there for a moment before disappearing as quickly and suddenly as it had started.IC - Kovian/Illuxio - Arena: "Vehicles?" Illuxio asked. "You brought the Outlander?"Kovian shook his head. "Unfortunately not," he said, reminding Srizz of the circumstances through which he had arrived on Kai-Nam. "That doesn't mean we can't take a couple of extra vehicles, though--or meet up with others if we have to." He added this as Fate and Edge's voices suddenly chimed through the crests. He nodded back. "Lead the way." As he followed after the Haaz'ryz, he turned on his comm."Fate, Edge," he said. "This is Reaper. Where are you?"IC - Sanshou/Elithes - Arena: Even as Elithes drove off, Sanshou could tell that his message did not seem to have gone through. Dozens upon dozens of beings continued to battle, despite the hopelessness of the situation--on top of the disaster that had been signaled by that explosion. As such, the Artanian did something she never liked to do.She yelled."ALL NON-RING COMBATANTS!" Her voice, at maximum capacity, was loud enough to be heard virtually throughout the entire complex. Given the desperate situation, she was glad for it. "RETREAT!"She knew she had been heard when a large number of fighting momentarily halted. Some of it resumed, but for the most part, people were starting to flee, hurrying toward the exits. Those that hadn't heard her passed the message on. It wasn't long before the Seeker moved up to her, the cockpit opening to reveal Zanth. With a wave, he beckoned her in. Sanshou quickly scaled the mech's leg, entering and taking a seat behind the Team Zero leader."Long time, no see, Sanshou," Zanth said. "Where're we going?" He launched a pair of missiles at a Ring mech as he spoke."Out," she answered. "We need to regroup and find out what's going on. We'll figure out the specifics once we're out of this war zone."Zanth nodded. Without another word, he charged forward, heading toward a large hole in the Arena's side that had been created by a Ring vehicle, using the Seeker's thrusters to leap through it and into the open Barrens around the Day Run.IC - Ring Member - Arena: The Steltian who had been attacking Kerid noticed the fire, immediately jumping in the way to block it. "Go--bring her to Lyxek!" he roared at Kaytana. "We'll finish things here!"IC - Dalmia/Ehjoras - Ring Base: Ehjoras grunted as he was thrown onto the ground, appearing with Dalmia in Lyxek's throne room. He panicked, looking around wildly at the darkened walls and ceiling, searching for the Ringmaster. He found him as Dalmia walked forward, approaching the Toa who was standing at a computer console, evidently putting the final touches on his plan."Lyxek," he said. "We've got them." Dalmia held up the Mask and Eyes, all three keys floating in front of him. With a twirl of his hand, they moved over to Lyxek, who stopped typing and turned to look at them.Ehjoras completely froze as he saw the Toa's expression. It had changed from the cruel, if fun-loving look that it had once bore. No longer did his eyes hold a glint of mischief in their depths. The only emotion present in Lyxek's eyes, his face, the way he held himself, was chilled, monstrous determination."Then we must begin," he said, grabbing the keys. He looked at Dalmia, staring into his eyes through the Ring member's ebon helmet. "I want Kerid and Ehjoras brought to the observation platform as soon as she gets here. My greatest rival deserves only the best spot in what is about to unfold..."Without another word, and without waiting for any sort of acknowledgement from Dalmia, Lyxek moved through the door, heading into some unknown part of the Ring's headquarters. The way he spoke to Dalmia was chilling to Ehjoras.His words bore the tone of someone who knew, absolutely, that they had accomplished their goals.OOC: Kal: I think the only radio activity is coming from random people explaining what's going on in the City and Theron's message to the KNPD officers who are still alive.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==-I just can't retreat without Kerid... Kairan thought with a grim frown, as he quickly shifted his aim to the Steltian in the way, and fired off a lightning bolt at him quickly.That'll likely leave me against all these Ring members. Great. Kairan thought, even as he attempted to move toward where the Steltian was.-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan, on the other hand, was currently running toward the exit, a few Ring members on her tail."You stupid bounty hunter, get back here!" They yelled out, actually recognizing her from one of her alternate schemes from the past.Of all times to get recognized... I'll definitely need to change my appearance again after this... Zaydan thought with a sigh.-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah, currently, was heading toward the exit, having finally tracked down Nikaron in the chaos."Come on, we need to get out of here quickly!" Selirah said, a pained look on her face, and tapped her team crest quickly."Can anyone other than anyone on my team hear me?" She called into it, wondering if Lyxek... No, Illuxio could hear her.

IC: Tavyn, Neglecting Orders:"Negative." the AI responded to Sanshou, projecting himself once more. "We shall stay behind and fight whomever we please."He didn't listen to Vertak for several seconds, until he discovered that the irksome Matoran had managed to stop him from sending a wave of rockets toward Djoser that would have been impossible to dodge."Let Tavyn fight!" the AI protested.He listened to Vertak this time, and grudgingly allowed the Matoran to begin driving away, letting up a smokescreen behind them so that Djoser couldn't follow them... and running over a few Ring members for good measure.IC: Vertak, Following Zanth:It took Vertak an excruciating long time to convince the newly named Tavyn to let him go, and mostly only because he threatened to de-activate the AI for another week.He'll get enough bloodshed soon, I think. Vertak thought darkly. After all, the Ring are sure to keep us entertained in that venue.

IC: Day Run ArenaIf Kaytana cared at all that the Steltian was going the shield them from the fire with his body, she didn't show it. She wasted no time in activating the teleportation device, acting as a prop for the bound and unconscious Kerid as the two stood on the disk. Instantly, the pair vanished from the arena and were transported away to the Ring HQ.IC: Day Run ArenaGreel's attention was drawn away from the battle he was currently in by the order to flee given by Sanshou. It seemed the Ring had the same plan as well; the criminal he was facing had turned his back on his teal-colored opponent, running for the closest exit. Before Rocky could pursue the being, his master unlocked a gateway for them to depart in. He urged the lion to forget the Ring member, as there was no point in following them. Both had entered the opening, though Greel left it open for those around as a quick escape to outside.IC: Day Run Arena Hexxon, hearing the message, stopped his telepathic healing to Anar's mind. He didn't want to leave until he had Kaytana's body in hand, though he wasn't in the best of shape for hunting or fighting the Skakdi now -- and be left alone with any Ring members. A veil of Shadow covered the injured, consuming and teleporting them from the spot.

Edited by Magnus Greel

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan muttered, as he shook his head."You have got to be kidding me." Kairan said, as he kicked the nearby staircase with a wince, and then scowled, as his motorcycle appeared nearby, and Kairan then hopped on, and sped off toward the exit, the scowl still on his face.Dalmia... Lyxek... I'm going to kill you two. Kairan thought, as their reign of terror had to end, no matter what.

IC: Srizz | ArenaSrizz nodded, turned and set off, trying to remember to keep his pace slow enough for the others to follow. "It's the old Blue Base," he informed them as they went. "That's where I left the Scythe. You guys just jack whatever you like." Taking a cue from Kovian, he activated his own team symbol and tried to contact Khadbaen or one of the others he hadn't met. "This is Srizz. As you've no doubt figured out, there's been some kind of attack on the arena. Evidence says either the Ring's behind it or Dalmia's gone rogue, because he seemed to be leading the parade, but judging by Lyxek's little commentary earlier today I'd say the former." 'Won't have much need for money.' Srizz had known then and there he intended to do something unprofitable to Kai-Nam and perhaps a larger swath of the universe. He had thought he'd have more time, but it seemed what he'd helped deliver into Lyxek's hands was the last piece of the puzzle. Drak. "Me, Kovian and a robot are heading out to regroup and figure this out. You'll get coordinates when I have them. Copy?"-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Could someone explain what's going on around Artorre right now? Speaking of him, I'd like to get him in some sort of a barfight or something before this RPG is over.IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre looked around, trying to get a look at the Ring members in the area.OOC: Parugi, just forget the thing I was talking about regarding Aranai. I decided against it.IC: Aranai: Arena:Aranai Looked around. She pulled her blowgun out and began taking shots at nearby non-Ringers.IC: Peacemaker: Central (I think?):Rogue creatures detected. Lethal force authorized, Peacemaker thought as the explosions went off and the Nakari and other beasts entered the City.He looked around. This was not good. A Nakari flew up to him and he jumped, the grid of gravity-manipulating devices on his back boosting him toward the creature. he fired a paralyzing crossbow bolt at it's head. The projectile carried potential lethality, considering it could be fired at a very high velocity.

IC: Theron | West DistrictAt this point Theron was glad to get any reply at all, no matter how strained. "There has been a massive attack on the city. Some kind of monsters are attacking everything in sight, and airships have been dropping bombs. The Ring is suspected, but justice can wait. Status report?"=H-D=

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Calik - Day Run ArenaCalik bit back a rather foul curse at his attack missing its mark. He had failed, and because of it, Kerid was gone. Captured by the Ring.Glancing to his side, he saw Greel and Rocky escaping the arena through a dimensional portal, followed by a few others. Snarling with frustration at having being forced to retreat, he snuffed out the fire on his hand, before calling on his AI."Yo, circuits," he nearly-shouted into his helmet, "I sending you coordinates to a dimensional portal in the arena; try to get the bike through there in one piece.""Always happy to oblige Calik," the AI responded with a tone of exasperation and mild condescension, "Shall I prepare the champagne and the caviar as well? Perhaps hire an orchestra?"The Toa might have come up with a scathing retort for the machine, but he was just too tired and pained to do so. Instead, he merely hurled himself through the dark doorway, barely caring where he ended up.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Artorre: Arena:Artorre figured he'd given the Ring a good enough head start (His excuse for standing around doing nothing), and took note of the people in the immediate vicinity before he attacked.The first was a hulking Steltian (Could be Cheiz if TPTI wants it to be), the second was a toa of air, the third and fourth two rahkshi (Parugi can decide their powers) and the fifth an odd creature with large claws, suited for digging into earth or flesh and two sets of mandibles, who seemed to have the ability to spit acid.Artorre started by igniting his sword, which he swung in the direction of the toa of air, a wave of fire shooting of in her direction.IC: Aranai: Arena:Aranai, after shooting down a couple innocents, came across Calik. She fired a dart at him.

IC: Calik - ArenaOblivious to Aranai's presence, Calik was taken completely unaware by the flying dart as he toppled through the dimensional portal.Luckily, the Ragnorak was always there for him.The AI had brought the motorcycle crashing across the floor, slamming its way through the Red Base and straight towards the portal. A small clink resonated in the space as the dart plinked helplessly against the bike's shell, as the Ragnorak hit Calik full-speed, rocketing the two of them straight into the black.OOC: I'm willing to edit this post if you want, Burnmad.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Two Rahkshi - Arena: Upon noting the attacking Artorre, the two Rahkshi turned and hissed at him. They aimed their staffs at him, launching twin beams of Sonics and Chain Lightning in his direction.IC - Kovian/Illuxio - Arena: "Can anyone other than anyone on my team hear me?"Illuxio skidded to a halt as the message came through his Team Crest, freezing and staring forward for a moment. He turned around. Noticing this, Kovian stopped moving, looking at the robot. Illuxio seemed to sense this, stopping mid-stride and looking at the ground."Do you remember me saying that I'm from another dimension?" he said to the Toa of Ice. "I have to be honest with you, Kovian. I'm another Lyxek, forced into the from of an AI." He paused. "I killed everyone in my universe."Kovian simply stared at him, unsure of how to respond. Illuxio looked back at him."This is personal," he said. "I need to make sure everyone can group together to help fight this version of the Ring. I need to make things right. Maybe... stopping a needless death in this Arena is my first real step to accomplishing that.""Do what you have to do," Kovian said. "We'll meet up with you soon."Nodding, Illuxio activated the Speed Generator on his back--which, like some of the generators of a number of contestants, hadn't been teleported out yet--and sped off, homing in on Selirah's location. At the same time, Elithes's voice crackled over the comm, indicating that he would get to her soon to pick her up.After watching Illuxio move for a moment, Kovian turned and began running after Srizz again, quickly catching up with the Haaz'ryz. They were closing in on the base now; as soon as they arrived, Kovian would find a vehicle and head off toward City.Assuming there was anything left of City, anyway.IC - Zanth/Sanshou - Barrens: As Srizz's message played over his Team Crest, Zanth quickly responded. "Zanth of Team Zero here," he said. "Copy that." He switched channels, trying to get in contact with Vertak and Zaydan again. "Team Zero, try to make your way to the Barrens around West District. We've got to regroup and... and..." He found himself unable to speak as West District came into view, caught completely off-guard by the sheer destruction that had consumed it.Where only hours ago there had been one of the largest sectors of City now lay virtually nothing but ruins and large piles of debris. Factories, work shops, and race tracks had all been decimated, reduced to barely a shadow of their former selves. Smoke rose in thick swaths from the wreckage, mixing with falling snow and the wind to create gigantic plumes of blackness. From a distance, Zanth and Sanshou could see numerous creatures--monstrous imitations of Niaka as well as large, nightmarish giants--tearing their way through the remains of West District--and the other Districts, judging from the other smoke clouds. Further, dozens upon dozens of smaller beings prowled the piles of debris, their sensory tentacles betraying their status as Feranaki."Mata... Nui..." Sanshou barely managed to say, overwhelmed by the damage that had been done to the place. She looked north, searching for the Construct that had made its mark upon the skyline for the past week. She saw nothing.It had gone off.This fact struck her like a train. It was only amplified as she tried contacting the Guild of Tyis, only to receive no answer in response. Evidently, Dalmia had been telling the truth.IC - Elithes - Arena: The Wheel had turned around, heading toward where Selirah was transmitting her message. Elithes had decided to pick her up before exitting the Arena, in the hopes that she would be able to provide assistance once the final confrontation began--and, somehow, he felt that it was going to start very soon.Once he retrieved her, he would head off and go back to City. If there was any way to salvage his home, then he would find it. But he was going to need help.A lot of help.IC - Lurinost - Barrens: Having stopped all movement for almost an hour now, Lurinost--her armor still crackling with energy--dropped off of the floating platform that she had been standing on. She landed with a subdued thud in the snow below; the platform, now without a pilot, spun out of control, descending rapidly and falling into the depths of the Garden.Lurinost straightened up and began walking toward City, ignoring the whistling of the wind around her. She had accomplished her mission. The only thing left was to return to the Director.Silently, she headed toward the Citadel.IC - The Collector - Barrens: The edge of the hole that the Searcher had created loomed before "Tarius," a black void stretching far below, into the Garden. The possessed Toa of Magnetism looked down into the darkness, contemplating it, seeming to search the abyss for something. After several moments, he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. A cloud of mist poured out from the pores of his body as the Collector released its control over the deceased Toa, forming back into its natural body.As he became limp, Tarius's corpse stumbled, falling forward and quickly disappearing into the yawning hold before it, joining the buried KNPD officers who had been crushed by the rubble from the Searcher's explosion.With a barely-audible chuckle, the Collector dispersed, vanishing in the blink of an eye, off to an unknown destination.IC - Vailian/Dalmia - Throne Room: "Good of you to show up."Dalmia nodded at Kaytana as she and Kerid appeared in the center of the Throne Room. He stood with his back to the subdued Ehjoras, who lay with his arms bound on the floor, staring nervously up at Dalmia and Kaytana. His eyes widened as he saw Kerid's unconscious body, though he did not say anything. Above them, Turaga Lyccir continued to float, spinning slowly in the air, still trapped in stasis.Raising his hand toward Kerid, Dalmia used his powers to make the Tournament Organizer float. He pulled her toward him, doing the same to Ehjoras."Isn't this great?" he asked Kaytana, beginning to walk toward the door. His voice dripped with an almost toxic glee. "The conclusion to this book is finally upon us. How exciting..." He looked at Kerid and Ehjoras. "And to think... we're giving our best seats to Lyxek's biggest rivals... What a twist, don't you think?"The door opened, revealing Vailian. The Hivena strolled in, rubbing his arm. He nodded at Kaytana and Dalmia."It's happening, then," he said. "No time to lose. Where do we need to be, Dalmia?""Wherever you wish," the Ring member said simply, walking past Vailian and into the hall, Kerid and Ehjoras floating behind him. "My suggestion? Stick around and help guard Lyxek's platform. Who knows what kind of people will come knocking now that things are on their way to ending... Goodbye." He disappeared, heading toward the upper levels of the Ring base, where Lyxek's platform waited for the two Day Run organizers.IC - Lyxek - The Heart's Chamber: The darkness seemed to engulf Lyxek as he entered the Heart's chamber. The Coeur d'Ombra hung before him, growing ever so slightly with each step, its beats bouncing against the walls more loudly the closer he got to it. The energy being emanated from it seemed to have intensified immensely, thanks to the numerous deaths across the island and the breaking of the barrier between it, the Eye, and the other half of the Heart--as well as the breaking of the seal upon it.The statue that housed the keys responsible for that stood resolute before Lyxek. He stopped and observed it for a moment, weighing the Mask of Aru and the Eyes of Apheer in his hands. The other keys decorated it. The purple Necklace of Amerdal hung around its neck, its large crystals set into indents in its chest. The golden Yin-Yang Gauntlets were placed on either one of its hands, glinting in the blue light shining out from the Rose in the statue's chest. The statue's hands were near its stomach, holding the glimmering Sword of Ybrus--its mind now long subdued--point-first toward the ground.Carefully, Lyxek approached. He placed the crystalline Eyes of Apheer into the statue's empty sockets. They glinted for a moment in the darkness, their light drowned a moment later as he placed the Mask on the statue's face. The shadows in the chamber seemed to grow darker, thicker, making it seem as if he were swimming through it.The Heart beat more powerfully now. It was only a matter of time now before Rhashahk returned. All he had to do was make his prayer; then this would all be over...Without another word, he strode out of the place, heading toward the platform--where his band, as well as his rivals, awaited him.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC / Barrens / Nearing the Searcher’s former location:Swerv caught many different errant radio signals, but none seemed to be any sort of sinister. However, that’s because most of the damage was done already. Looking back at City with Unpredictable’s outside cameras, Swerv felt saddened for City. It was hard to lose a home, although the Ko-Matoran had lost it long ago, when the Ring had first appeared. In the snow surround his path, and constantly crossing it, Swerv saw the many footprints that signified that everyone able to had fled from City. And that was a good thing too, with those mutant Niaka on the loose.Looking forward, Swerv’s mind chilled. A giant hole was blasted down into the ground. Giant didn’t even begin to cover it. It was massive enough that Swerv had thought it was right before him, when really it was still minutes away. Swerv quickly calculated the correct time and checked his answer against Agony, but that was beside the point. Whatever Lyxek was planning, it was huge.As he slowly progressed towards it, Swerv contacted someone he had heard in his radio sweep, “Zanth, this is Swerv from Team Vigil. I’m almost at where the Searcher was. Should I wait for someone, or do you know if we have no time?”IC / Day Run / Above the Arena:Draxion finally came to the conclusion that Dalmia had gone, with Ehjoras and the Mask. Hanging his head, he flew back into the Arena and grabbed his vehicle, forgetting to cloak himself once again.Making it to his vehicle, Draxion paused to stare at his reflection. Had he really changed since when he had been running around causing destruction? Just last week he had tried to suck all the moisture out of Dalmia. Yes, the attack had failed, but still, it would have killed Dalmia. How was that any different from what Draxion had been before? Had he really only changed on the outside? Or was it in his nature to err on the side of destruction?He would find out later. Right now he needed to be doing good to help others. Hopping onto his bike, he closed the canopy and activated it, rising up on levitation.Spotting the Wheel heading off in a different direction within the Arena, Draxion activated his team crest, “Need any help, Elithes? Do you know if Illuxio is ok?”IC / KNPD HQ / Contemplating Life and Otherwise Ignoring What’s Going on Around Him:Brother was in a deep debate with himself as he cleared room after room after room of emptiness. He despised himself for even considering having Waiter help him, and yet he knew emotions would be his eventual downfall. He was simply using the Toa of Iron for his own twisted purposes.But it just wasn’t true. Yes, Brother might get something out of this island if it survived, but as of that moment, he could be considered a good guy. That was just-Brother struck with sudden fury at the noise he heard, shadows lashing out in a single fist. Nothing happened except for a copier being crushed. The Rahkshi cringed at his noise, but listened with interest as the slithering noise moved through walls, completely undetectably or touchable by his shadows.Then it was suddenly gone, completely and without a trace. Brother frowned and began to move faster, closer to the beast in AI’s clothing, his shadows clinging to him like a shroud of righteous evil.IC / KNPD HQ / Sneeeeaaaaking:Waiter had his crossbow at the ready, repeated checking his grenades and doing mental checks for where he kept his other accessories. Everything seemed dead around him, not simply abandoned. But perhaps that was due to the increasingly heavy presence of evil around him. It clung at him like seaweed, keeping him from getting a breath of air, just under the waves.Waiter froze as he heard something move, checking his lines of sight and then behind him. He spun around again when he realized it was some type of slithering. Definitely not Brother. Chills ran down Waiter’s spine as he realized it was moving through the walls, with no discernible source.That, right there, was creepy.And then the noise was gone, remaining only in Waiter’s memories. Licking his lips and tightening his grip on his crossbow, he began to move deeper into the facility once again, this time all the more wary.IC / West District Outskirts / With Fate, responding to Kovian:Sevorik looked to Desoria expectantly. She had suddenly gone mute again. Whenever someone other Dark Hunter spoke, it always was the same. Why she didn’t, he would never know, well, unless she told him. But that might be a long ways off. Or never, considering the state of the island they were on. Kainma or whatever it was called.Clicking on the crest, Sevorik responded to Kovian, “This is Edge, with Fate. Reaper, we are just west of City, on the heated walkway. We could use some transportation and some instructions. Possibly explanations later.”

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Srizz | Arena Srizz raised an eyebrow as he stepped lightly across the foliage. He wasn't so far from Kovian and the robot that he hadn't heard all that. Okay, alternate universe Lyxek wanted to stop this Lyxek. Fine, fair enough. He'd run into an alternate universe equivalent one time. It had been a complete headache remembering which was which and he wouldn't even get started on the name troubles, but as far as he could tell they weren't really the same person. Mostly. Well, this one did kill everyone in his universe, so he'd just have to be wary for now. Not like he wasn't already.Of almost-equal interest was that he was getting a reply over his comm. "I don't know that guy," he muttered. "I'm on Bounty. We must still be linked as Blue team from the arena match, they never fixed that." His thoughts were interrupted, though, when they crossed over into the rocky patches that marked the beginning of the mountainous southern area of the arena. That was when Kovian caught up with him. "Good of you to join me," he remarked. "So, you believe roboto's story?"-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth