Is It Just Me Or Those Katanas Don't Work Properly ?

Hello there, BZPers! Today I was MOCing and I've experienced some problems in using Lewa Nuva's Twin Katanas, dunno what's their true name. As I can remember, those never worked properly to me: when i put them into a cross joint, they came, and come, easily out of it, I've just had to give the piece group a slight tilt. Anyone has ever had this problem?

I had this problem with Tanma's Air Katana. I think it might have to do with material differences or something. Lewa's stay fairly solidly connected. Or at least mine do.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

I had this problem with Tanma's Air Katana. I think it might have to do with material differences or something. Lewa's stay fairly solidly connected. Or at least mine do.

Actually, mine are Tanma's, too. I said Lewa's ones to give everyone the idea of their shape and, since those appeared with him, I said that way. Oh, I also have one from Lhikan and Kikanalo set, it was Kikanalo's horn. I had to bite 'em to make 'em fit into cross joints. I hated to do that, but it worked. Edited by Emile A239

Actually, mine are Tanma's, too. I said Lewa's ones to give everyone the idea of their shape and, since those appeared with him, I said that way. Oh, I also have one from Lhikan and Kikanalo set, it was Kikanalo's horn. I had to bite 'em to make 'em fit into cross joints. I hated to do that, but it worked.
There's just something about that newer shade of silver...

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Actually, mine are Tanma's, too. I said Lewa's ones to give everyone the idea of their shape and, since those appeared with him, I said that way. Oh, I also have one from Lhikan and Kikanalo set, it was Kikanalo's horn. I had to bite 'em to make 'em fit into cross joints. I hated to do that, but it worked.

The new ones fit for me, it was the old ones I had problems with.

Well, perhaps is like with cars: some work perfectly, others don't only due to millimetrical errors. It's the only way I can explain it to myself. And, yes, it's just a different and more shiny silver shade.

The material in the shade of silver from Tanma is still identical to that from Lewa. The only difference is the amount of dye. Question: how often do you remove/replace Tanma's compared to Lewa's? The plastic used for those and many other weapons in BIONICLE (and thankfully pretty much abandoned in Hero Factory) is quite soft, and repeatedly inserting or removing them could very well weaken the connection.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yes, i was having some trouble with the new katanas, but the old ones worked perfectly for me.Ever since they changed the silver color, things have bben going wacky.For an instance, Axon's mask fit and stayed on perfectly, but in the lego set it kept coming off.They must have cheeped out on the good stuff.My, like that hasn't happened before. :uhuh:

Yes, i was having some trouble with the new katanas, but the old ones worked perfectly for me.Ever since they changed the silver color, things have bben going wacky.For an instance, Axon's mask fit and stayed on perfectly, but in the lego set it kept coming off.They must have cheeped out on the good stuff.My, like that hasn't happened before. :uhuh:

Again, that is a completely flawed assumption. There was no change in the plastic throughout BIONICLE's run, besides the shift to dying uncolored plastic instead of using pre-colored granulate, and the introduction of new types of plastic for things like the "rubber" tubing of the Mahri. Issues like fragile joints had more to do with part geometry and production errors than with any change in the quality of the plastic itself, and to assume that this new issue (which isn't really "new," as evidenced by the many people reporting the same issues with 2001 parts) is connected to the color change of 2006 is ridiculous as well. I've had this issue occur with parts that use that type of "soft" plastic since BIONICLE's inception, and can vouch for the fact that apart from LEGO designing fewer elements to use that type of plastic, nothing has changed whatsoever.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yes, loose pieces can be very annoying, especially when they're attached to swinging arms. I've had Gali chuck a hook across the room many times in the past.

Ditto. I'd be playing with her swinging arms, and the hook would fly into the trash can. Probably would've made a fun game, but I'd have to keep on retrieving the hook from the trash, and if it's only one hook and no extras, not much fun to it. :PBut I've encountered a number of loose pieces, it does get exasperating.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have had that problem. It is most annoying with Gali mata's hooks, but it happens with Lewa's blades occasionally also.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

It seems I wasn't the only one with Vamprah's lame hook problem. Huh. I haven't encountered this problem very often, but for some reason Vamprah's hooks just wouldn't stay on. I fixed it easily enough, but yes, it's annoying.

AXKP5KC.png