E3 2012

Who else is excited for E3 this year?? I'm not going, but I'm still excited to see some of the new games in action. Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Crysis 3 and Wii U are going to be awesome. Bethesda is also going to be there too, so hopefully they reveal the next elder scrolls game. (It's supposed to have multiplayer)But anyway, post your thoughts and conversation about E3 2012 here.- NOVA

ayy lmao

I'm mostly looking forward to Wii U. Crysis 3 looks pretty awesome, but Black Ops 2 is extremely cheesy/stupid and Halo 4 seems to be losing some of the Halo luster that made me like the series. Besthesda is always a reason to watch for me, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about TES multiplayer (though with TES Online, I guess I'd better start liking it). I'm also looking forward to information on Luigi's Mansion 2, Assassin's Creed 3, and game announcements in general (please make Zelda HD/Wii U official Nintendo).I also think that since Nintendo is planning to re-unveil the Wii U, because of confusion with the name whether it was a Wii add-on or not, they may change the name, hopefully back to Project Cafe, or Nintendo Stream, or something awesome. Wii U is an okay name...And don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Not hating, just don't really like the name that much. I'm still buying it regardless though.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I doubt they'll do anything with the name; but then again, we thought the Nintendo Revolution would be coming out in 2006, and instead we got the Wii, so...I'm pretty much only looking forward to Nintendo, and maybe Sony's conferences. Nintendo for obvious reasons, and Sony to see how they try and cover up the fact that the Vita isn't selling.Microsoft I'd watch simply to see how they announce the fact that they can't sell the 360 in the US anymore. =P

I'll mostly pay attention to Nintendo's offerings. Specifically, I want news on future 3DS releases (like Animal Crossing and Paper Mario), and will be paying attention to news on the WiiU (my Wii hasn't gotten much use in the past year, but that was mostly due to me being up at college and it being back home).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You know what I'm most excited for? Pikmin 3. Considering they delayed it just so they could release it in HD, I imagine it's going to look pretty amazing.Beyond that, hoping the HD Twilight Princess demo from last year becomes a game, hoping for Paper Mario 3DS...yadda yadda. Anyone else making a Bingo Card for their predictions?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Heck yeah I'm excited. Though honestly I don't know if I'm looking forward to any particular company's conference, largely because I know can't afford any consoles current or upcoming, and my Wii and DS are pretty much obsolete now. :P Still, it will be exciting as always.Also I'm trying not to get my hopes up but if last year's Zelda demo doesn't turn out to be Twilight Princess 2 I will be disappointed. You heard me, Nintendo. Make it happen. >:cValve isn't going to announce anything, are they? I've heard mixed rumors about them. Not like I'm expecting HL3 or anything like that. That's just impossible. :U

Edited by Chols

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

FF Versus XIII,

You mean that thing's actually real, and not SE's version of HL3, or MML3? =OCholie: They need to finish HL2 first. =P Also, sad to say, but your DS was obsolete last year... Aside from Pokemon Black/White and Black/White2. =P

In all honesty, there's not much I'm really looking forward to from this one. Some new stuff for the 3DS and the Vita would be nice to see, something that says these weren't a mistake. Also, some more information about DmC wouldn't go amiss, which has sort of warmed on me, although I still hate edgy Dante.But what I am keeping my fingers crossed for is announcements of stuff we haven't heard before. And naturally I'm keeping my fingers crossed for three things in particular. Onimusha 5, which has been overdue for 4-6 years now (Although never announced, I still think as one of Capcom's more successful franchises, it would be stupid not to give it a new breath of fresh air), and Onimusha HD collection (Every old series and its mother is getting one, Onimusha deserves love) and perhaps a sequel to NieR (Aw come on, I know Cavia kinda collapsed after they released NieR, but the staff got absorbed back into Squeenix. It's not too late, and they did hint at some kind of an announcement for 2011, which is also overdue).

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

At this point, I'm hoping there will be some versus info, as KH3D is out in Japan, and contains a lot of the ideas that didn't make it into versus. And it's at the point where maybe we can take one more KH game before 3, which they will start after Versus comes out. I'm at least hoping they made some progress sInce... 2010, was it?Also, some other stuff I'm excited for- The Last of Us, Project X Zone (hopefully), Fire Emblem (hopefully), and Dead or Alive 5. Oh, and if Square Enix announces The World Ends With You 2.... That would be AWESOME.

Edited by Terminus

Yeah, it would be nice if they could move on to KHIII. There's a rumor going around that older titles will be adapted for newer systems (announcement at E3), but it sounds like baloney to me.But yeah, definitely psyched for this year. Loooots of good stuff coming out.

Project X Zone (hopefully),

Don't hold your breath; Namco's likely handling the translation for that. And knowing their track record... =P(Let's put it this way, it's a wonder we got as many Tales and .Hack games as we did...)PK: Unfortunately, while a new Onimusha game would be kinda cool, it seems like it's been killed just like Megaman, Breath of Fire, Darkstalkers, and whatever other series Capcom's shelved over the years. I'm not bitter; not bitter at all. <_<

can't wait for the PS3 exclusives. there's always something good.as for the wii u, i want to be excited about it, but i know all the games they announce for it will just be reboots of nintendo franchises they've already done a billion times over. i'd put money on them announcing a new mario, donkey kong, ssb, zelda, and pokemon title.

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

BBCCD: Psst, you're a year late for the SSB game announcement. =P ... And half a year late for Pokemon... Zelda just came out last year... ... Honestly, the only possibility is the Donkey Kong one, and it's changed so radically that either would be appreciated.However, with that said; when Nintendo releases new sequels for their series(I believe sequels was the word you were looking for. =P), they typically, typically(Looking at you, New Super Mario Bros.) change things up radically. Or at least more than, say, CoD, or even some Sony or Xbox games. And they don't even always just fall back on their tried and tested franchises; look at Pikmin, or even Kid Icarus... That one, right there, is the better example, because it's been dead for 21-23 years, and yet was revived this year.Plus, third party support seems fair this time. Already some games announced, as of last year, and there'll probably be a ton of them this year too. The only question is what.(And if Capcom pulls a troll and says MML3 is going to be released on the Wii U, then I'll lose a ton more respect for them than I already have, despite that being awesome news. -_-)

PK: Unfortunately, while a new Onimusha game would be kinda cool, it seems like it's been killed just like Megaman, Breath of Fire, Darkstalkers, and whatever other series Capcom's shelved over the years. I'm not bitter; not bitter at all. <_<

D-Don't say that! I can still have hope, I want to still have hope! D:Well...That might be a bad idea. Looking at DmC tells me Capcom don't really hold their old franchises as close to their hearts as I do and with the direction Dawn of Dreams took the series, I'm not sure I want it to go anywhere. Bring back the old Onimusha of Samurai's Destiny! Edited by Grimoire Albastru

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I'm sorry. *Hangs head in shame* I don't really know the meaning of the word 'hope'; Capcom took it away from me when they canceled MML3 last year. D=But yeah, was gonna mention DmC, but I figured that'd just be overkill. =P

Yes. Mainly for Rayman Legends. Saw the leaked trailer already, but hopefully we'll get some more info about it at E3.So when is E3? I should really keep up with these things...Kalhiki

Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Nintendo's conference is on Tuesday, noon EST. Microsoft's will likely be Wednesday or Thursday.Can't wait, though. Gonna be a long weekend, and I hope I didn't make a bad decision using up my eShop card already. =P

I wound think the idea of a KH HD Collection too outlandish, as it is the series' tenth anniversary, and Nomura said that there would be something special for it (which I hope isn't the Mark of Mastery edition of KH3D, that's just stupid). Plus, I'm pretty sure NOBODY was expecting FFXHD last year, and Re: Coded the year before was a bit of a surprise.Also, Project X Zone is actually a First-Party Nintendo game (fact- that blew my mind when I found that out) being developed by Monolith Soft (Nintendo's first-party studio that made Xenoblade), so Nintendo might actually handle the localization on that one. Of course, we could get another Xenoblade situation, which nobody wants. Of course, I just want the game because KOS-MOS, T-ELOS, and Dante are in it (I love Xenosaga and Devil May Cry). Of course, I'm still waiting for the day a Devil May Cry and Bayonetta crossover happens (and I'll probably be waiting a looong time =P).

*Pauses* Oh, right, forgot about that. Was recalling the message that Capcom had said shortly after it was revealed.Though, you're right, we're stuck between a rock and a hard place here. =/I want the game simply because...Megaman X, Zero, Kite, Black Rose, Yuri, Estelle, and whoever else is there.Representatives from Megaman, Tales, and .hack. Along with everything else. This is just awesome, and it's using a similar system to DSO.

Also forgot- the new Monster Hunter games NEED to be localized.

This.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

bleh. In comparison to last year and preceding years, I'm finding it harder to muster much excitement for E3. I'll take it a glance at the Sony section, but not much is relevant to me. Although I will definitely look into any information that is released on The Last Of Us, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed III, Grant Theft Auto V, and Bioshock Infinite. Also I would like to hear about the upcoming Mass Effect 3 ending DLC, and I would love for Half-Life 3 to be announced, but we all know that that's not going to happen. oh and Chols, that is the most horrifying thing I have ever seen.

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

I think this E3 is the time for obsolete series to be resurrected. This E3 should be the year of Earthworm Jim! I guess. Oh, and a sequel or HD version of the Home Improvement game :PBut seriously, there's not that many games that have been confirmed to be making an appearance at E3 this year, so mostly I'm hoping for surprise announcements (looking at Valve and Bethesda). Definitely something more about Zelda HD too. And MML3...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I'm mostly interested in the 3DS offerings, since that's the only system likely to get anything of import at E3 that I own. Hopefully, the hints I've seen dropped that Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney getting an official localization announcement at E3 are true.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

the next handheld pokemon games are just going to be on the DS again, which means i still won't be buying a 3DS any time soon.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

the next handheld pokemon games are just going to be on the DS again, which means i still won't be buying a 3DS any time soon.

That's because it's still Gen 5. ;) Signs are pointing to gen 6 arriving in the next year or two, though, and the switch to the 3DS happening then.

And MML3...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

I really, really want that... But, if I were you, I wouldn't get your hopes up, simply because we're talking about cancel happy Capcom here. =/

Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 DLC.Maybe Star Wars 1313.Yeah, not much. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Oh, Valenti mentioning ME3 DLC reminded me-a release date for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard and maybe confirmation if Hearth Fire is the name of the second expansion pack.

Here's my Nintendo bingo card, in all of its Comic Sans-y glory.yes I know it's lame sue meCouldn't think of anything too interesting, unfortunately. Most of it's just stuff we know/general wishlist for WiiU. Nintnedo's gonna need to surprise me this year.

Edited by Ddude the Insane