The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I've always liked Halo because of how even the playingfield was. No classes. Just you and whatever guns you can find. Even Armor Abilities didn't bother me because you could switch on the fly and everyone had the same set.Specializations... I'm sure the game will be fun. And I suppose Halo 3 and Halo Reach won't be shut down any time soon. But... I don't know. They might shake up the formula too much.But I suppose that could be a good thing, after 11 years.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Bzzt wrong answer, thanks for playingHalo's only selling point nowadays is it's slow paced, skill based multiplayer. Every shooter ripped off CE's points that were so revolutionary, such as two weapons and recharging health, then added in their own stuff. Halo is the same game it was back in 2001, only with better graphics and a few new mechanics sprinkled in each game, but it's uniqueness and formula drew in fans.Inappropriate language removed. -B6

Edited by Prince Andrew Duke of York

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

In regards to what UK posted, how is that? just how?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

That does have significant story implications.
Uh, yeah. It's potentially a massive plot spoiler. >.> I clicked on the picture thinking it had no plot spoilers. This highly indicates

A flood presence on Requiem. If it's in Multiplayer, there's a chance it's in the game.

As for spoilers, did anyone see the IGN review of the Campaign? They loved it. (Campaign spoilers ahead)

First Mission is called "Dawn" and the third is called "Forerunner". Also, Assassinations are back in Campaign. I was truly impressed by the Anti-Forerunner assassination move... the Chief rips the scythe arm off of a Promethean and rams it through it's thorax.Also, seems that at least one new enemy is confirmed: Sentinel Turrets of some sort.

@Emperor: That piece you just mentioned was actually discovered on a piece of script... apparently, a page was visible in a trailer, and someone got a zoom in of it.

I wonder if Cortana gets an artificial body through Forerunner tech?

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Uh, yeah. It's potentially a massive plot spoiler. >.> I clicked on the picture thinking it had no plot spoilers. This highly indicates

A flood presence on Requiem. If it's in Multiplayer, there's a chance it's in the game.

As for spoilers, did anyone see the IGN review of the Campaign? They loved it. (Campaign spoilers ahead)

First Mission is called "Dawn" and the third is called "Forerunner". Also, Assassinations are back in Campaign. I was truly impressed by the Anti-Forerunner assassination move... the Chief rips the scythe arm off of a Promethean and rams it through it's thorax.Also, seems that at least one new enemy is confirmed: Sentinel Turrets of some sort.

@Emperor: That piece you just mentioned was actually discovered on a piece of script... apparently, a page was visible in a trailer, and someone got a zoom in of it.

I don't like the thing UK mentioned. In my opinion, it just sounds stupid. I hope it won't make it into the game, both multi or single player.

Flood have been defeated in the original trilogy, so why bringing them back?

@Rausaro: I know. As for that being possible, it doesn't make sense to me, seems exaggerated, though it would be very exciting.

as for Assasinations, did you see the Crawler Assassination? It's fantastic, in my opinion. Chief grabs the head of the Crawler while this one's running here and there, then cracks it by turning it.

Also, seems like no new Covenant weapons have been created.

I don't like the thing UK mentioned. In my opinion, it just sounds stupid. I hope it won't make it into the game, both multi or single player.

Flood have been defeated in the original trilogy, so why bringing them back?

@Rausaro: I know. As for that being possible, it doesn't make sense to me, seems exaggerated, though it would be very exciting.

as for Assasinations, did you see the Crawler Assassination? It's fantastic, in my opinion. Chief grabs the head of the Crawler while this one's running here and there, then cracks it by turning it.

Also, seems like no new Covenant weapons have been created.

You did read Cryptum and Primordial, right? The Flood have LONG been confirmed as

Extra Galactic organisms from another Galaxy. Until we find the true source of the flood (probably the Precursors), the flood have not been "defeated". Even the Forerunners thought they would return from the rim of the Galaxy, hence why they kept flood specimens in stasis on Halo. We've only dealt with localized breakouts.

As for that, I actually did forget that the multiplayer was simulated on the Infinity. But it dawned on me... they could appear in Spartan Ops, or be a reference

To the initial exploration and investigation of Gamma Halo, (03) that's referenced on the Pioneer and Defender armor descriptions. perhaps some of these new spartans were infected and fought UNSC forces, hence their appearance in a training simulator?

Edited by Rausaro

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

You did read Cryptum and Primordial, right? The Flood have LONG been confirmed as

Extra Galactic organisms from another Galaxy. Until we find the true source of the flood (probably the Precursors), the flood have not been "defeated". Even the Forerunners thought they would return from the rim of the Galaxy, hence why they kept flood specimens in stasis on Halo. We've only dealt with localized breakouts.

As for that, I actually did forget that the multiplayer was simulated on the Infinity. But it dawned on me... they could appear in Spartan Ops, or be a reference

To the initial exploration and investigation of Gamma Halo, (03) that's referenced on the Pioneer and Defender armor descriptions. perhaps some of these new spartans were infected and fought UNSC forces, hence their appearance in a training simulator?

I didn't read any of the books, bit I know something thanks to the Halo online encyclopedia. :P

Uhm, didn't know about that Gamma Halo thing, but it makes sense. Though, the fact that blocks me from liking that feature is that, if I recall correctly, Flood were meant to be part of the original trilogy and not of the Reclaimer's. 343i stated that the Flood wouldn't be there in Halo 4, but, look what we have here, Flood-infected Spartans in multiplayer.

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

I didn't read any of the books, bit I know something thanks to the Halo online encyclopedia. :P

Uhm, didn't know about that Gamma Halo thing, but it makes sense. Though, the fact that blocks me from liking that feature is that, if I recall correctly, Flood were meant to be part of the original trilogy and not of the Reclaimer's. 343i stated that the Flood wouldn't be there in Halo 4, but, look what we have here, Flood-infected Spartans in multiplayer.

But you have to remember that it's implied that the Precursors will be in the trilogy at some point, and since it's implied they are the origin of the flood, it would only make sense. Not to mention, the Forerunner weapons on requiem are stated to be designed with Anti-Flood combat in mind. I am curious what this "Grave World" holds.

Well, as of what I've read, Precursors may be involved in Flood's origins. It's not sure, as far as I know. But, yeah, Precursors' hints may be present. Do not forget Didact spent "some" time with the Timeless One!I remember seeing a script saying ( story spoilers, beware! )

"Requiem. That's where the Didact was hidden. That's where they say he waits.""He tried to fight the flood. He tried to destroy the humans.""Didact sleeps and must never be woken." This leads me to assuming that he presuambly larnt something very powerful from that Precursor. And maybe Didact's way of thinking doesn't differ much from the school of thought "If we kill Flood's food, they'll die", typical of the Forerunners. Maybe Requiem is another giant weapon?

Well, as of what I've read, Precursors may be involved in Flood's origins. It's not sure, as far as I know. But, yeah, Precursors' hints may be present. Do not forget Didact spent "some" time with the Timeless One!I remember seeing a script saying ( story spoilers, beware! )

"Requiem. That's where the Didact was hidden. That's where they say he waits.""He tried to fight the flood. He tried to destroy the humans.""Didact sleeps and must never be woken."This leads me to assuming that he presuambly larnt something very powerful from that Precursor. And maybe Didact's way of thinking doesn't differ much from the school of thought "If we kill Flood's food, they'll die", typical of the Forerunners. Maybe Requiem is another giant weapon?

Requiem IS

A Weapon. It's a Shield World... they were designed to be capable of destroying other worlds, but without destroying all life in the galaxy, according to Primordial and Cryptum. As for the Didact wanting to kill humans as "Flood food", why would he do that? The Flood aren't, as of now, invading, and the whole purpose of Halo and the Shield Worlds was to preserve biological diversity. Anyway, Frank O Connor described him as a noble hero character with complicated motivations. I wonder if the main enemy is really one of the "Other Servants" that the Primordial mentioned...perhaps another Precursor or Gravemind? I've heard rumors that Requiem is a "Prison" and that the Didact is the guardian of it.

What is concerning, as a recent Halo encylopedia I read implied, is that there might be over 400+ Shield worlds at large. The unnamed Halo Wars World was labeled in the book as Shield Inst. 0495, if I recall correctly.

Edited by Rausaro

Requiem IS

A Weapon. It's a Shield World... they were designed to be capable of destroying other worlds, but without destroying all life in the galaxy, according to Primordial and Cryptum. As for the Didact wanting to kill humans as "Flood food", why would he do that? The Flood aren't, as of now, invading, and the whole purpose of Halo and the Shield Worlds was to preserve biological diversity. Anyway, Frank O Connor described him as a noble hero character with complicated motivations. I wonder if the main enemy is really one of the "Other Servants" that the Primordial mentioned...perhaps another Precursor or Gravemind? I've heard rumors that Requiem is a "Prison" and that the Didact is the guardian of it.

What is concerning, as a recent Halo encylopedia I read implied, is that there might be over 400+ Shield worlds at large. The unnamed Halo Wars World was labeled in the book as Shield Inst. 0495, if I recall correctly.

Huh, I thought Shield worlds were destined to preserve life in them by shielding beings from the Halo effect.Whatever,

if the Didact is the guardian of a prison, why should he never be awoken? He instead should be always up, vigilant.Anyways, I actually read that Primordial was a Gravemind itself.

Requiem IS

Huh, I thought Shield worlds were destined to preserve life in them by shielding beings from the Halo effect.Whatever,

if the Didact is the guardian of a prison, why should he never be awoken? He instead should be always up, vigilant.Anyways, I actually read that Primordial was a Gravemind itself.

So far, the true function of Shield worlds seems to be

Contradictory. So far, we've seen three unique examples; Onyx, Inst. 0495, and Requiem. The first is a slipspace Bunker for surviving the halos, the second is a inverted planet with a Forerunner Shipyard, and the third appears to be an Armored shell around a planet. They all seem to serve a different role.Primordial, if I recall correctly, describes how they can be used as as mobile fortresses to purge flood infected systems without wiping out all life in the Galaxy.

Edited by Rausaro

If the Flood do turn up in campaign, I sure hope they're as much fun to shotgun as they were in Combat Evolved.
They were fun to shotgun (and make them your pets), but I'm satisfied with the Flood not being in the story. They had their run; also, since the planet is Forerunner, I'd imagine it would be Floodless.Btw Halo 3 turned 5 today.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

If the Flood do turn up in campaign, I sure hope they're as much fun to shotgun as they were in Combat Evolved.
They were fun to shotgun (and make them your pets), but I'm satisfied with the Flood not being in the story. They had their run; also, since the planet is Forerunner, I'd imagine it would be Floodless.Btw Halo 3 turned 5 today.
Made sense until you remember the Flood has almost exclusively been encountered on Forerunner installations.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Made sense until you remember the Flood has almost exclusively been encountered on Forerunner installations.
Lol, megaderp on my part. But then again, it was the Covenant who originally released them in CE, and the humans thought it was a weapon cache.Still, I don't mind the fact that the Flood isn't returning. Maybe they're just in suspended animation on the planet. Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Lol, megaderp on my part. But then again, it was the Covenant who originally released them in CE, and the humans thought it was a weapon cache.Still, I don't mind the fact that the Flood isn't returning. Maybe they're just in suspended animation on the planet.
I don't mind the Flood returning either, but odds are they probably are not there because if I remember right, this Forerunner installation was specifically designed as an "anti-Flood" installation.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I actually think the infected Spartan thing in the multiplayer is a really cool idea. I've always thought what would an infected Spartan look like? I even drew a comic in like 6th grade where the Chief battled one. Anyway I don't think they will be in the plot, they just did this to make infection more fun. I mean zombies that look like normal Spartans with plasma swords? Not scary at all. But zombie spartans with flood aspects pretty cool. Now what's all this talk of precursors and stuff? I'm not even sure who the Didact is.I read all the books up to the Forerunner series, I guess I should pick them up might make Halo 4 make more sense for me. I for one wouldn't mind the Flood returning, maybe with a new Gravemind, or a different breed of the Flood. I believe there are different types, like I have this Halo graphic novel of the Flood getting onto an Elite ship and infecting like this alien animal habitat they had on the ship for some reason, and the flood like took bodies of the animal things and mixed it with dead covenant and combined themselves and all this weird stuff, would be interesting to have like human/covenant flood hybrids. I always found it depressing that only elites and eventually brutes could be infected? What about grunts, Jackels, Hunters etc.Maybe if the flood do return they won't have a gravemind yet, and that will be their objective to create a new one.

Alright, here's a high quality picture of the Flood infected spartans (since apparently we're not using spoilers for it anymore)HereI'm kind of sad that they don't have the little infection form tendrils sticking out. And You can see by the way their melee arm is posed that it will probably work exactly like a sword.Also, I've heard that flood will be strictly multiplayer. Not sure how true it is though, but I see no reason to doubt it.~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg

Could be possible that these flood are a different strain since they do look so different. I was expecting a normal flood type with like the tentacle appendices things sticking out of the armor and whatnot. These look more mutated and transformed then just like a zombie with the tentacles and whatnot. Makes you wonder if an ancient form of the flood or something will be in the story.

Could be possible that these flood are a different strain since they do look so different. I was expecting a normal flood type with like the tentacle appendices things sticking out of the armor and whatnot. These look more mutated and transformed then just like a zombie with the tentacles and whatnot. Makes you wonder if an ancient form of the flood or something will be in the story.
Or it could also be that they look different since Spartan soldiers are technically genetically different from humans to some degrees, perhaps the presence of the augmentations is what made them look like that.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I really don't think we will encounter Flood in the next official game titles.Everyone's sick of them. Why make yet another game about the Flood?
I think we will, because the being known as Primordial said Humanity would be again tested in 100,000 years. We're due. And when you consider the fact that it's heavily implied they created the flood to test the Forerunners and Humanity, it makes sense. Bungie and 343 wouldn't introduce the Precursor and their nefarious goals involving the flood, and just randomly drop them. I think Silentium will explain a bit more, as it supposedly will detail the creation of the flood 10,000,000 years ago outside of the galaxy. I also don't think the Forerunners will be the true ancient evil.As for how the Spartan's look, they might not have infection forms because they could have been infected by another means. The Halo Graphic Novel, Halo Wars, Cryptum and "The Mona Lisa" all state that it's possible to be infected via bites, physical contact with the infected, and even infectious airborne spores. Infection forms are merely one way to infect, and they often get mistaken by the fandom for the actual "Spores", which can be observed in the Halo CEA terminals, or seen in Halo 3 on the level "Cortana" flitting around in the air as little seed like objects.Also, I'm wondering if another Precursor, or the "Servant" mentioned in Primordial will be contained in the planet?

I always found it depressing that only elites and eventually brutes could be infected? What about grunts, Jackels, Hunters etc.
Hunters don't have a central nervous system to infect, and grunts and jackals were too small and frail to be useful as combat forms so they were either turned into carrier forms or directly absorbed into the collective Flood biomass.
I think we will, because the being known as Primordial said Humanity would be again tested in 100,000 years. We're due.
You don't think our test was what happened in the events of Halo 1-3?

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I always found it depressing that only elites and eventually brutes could be infected? What about grunts, Jackels, Hunters etc.
Hunters don't have a central nervous system to infect, and grunts and jackals were too small and frail to be useful as combat forms so they were either turned into carrier forms or directly absorbed into the collective Flood biomass.
I think we will, because the being known as Primordial said Humanity would be again tested in 100,000 years. We're due.
You don't think our test was what happened in the events of Halo 1-3?
Actually, Jackals and Grunts were infected on the Halo Wars Shield World, which was considered canon. They can be used when prey is lacking, they just are very weak. As for Hunters, I'm sure they can get infected by the flood fungus, but I doubt they'd be used for anything other than biomass, seeing as they lack a central nervous system. As for the "Test", No, I don't think a "minor" flood outbreak is the real threat. I think something very nasty will arrive from the edges of the galaxy.