Takea Tankards

"I can find no life signs," Aclaraung growled. "If anybody is alive, they are either farther inland on this island, or they have extreme mental shielding. We shall find out soon enough." He shook his large head, before he ran and jumped into the air, quickly gliding down to the spot where the fire was and waiting for the others.
Considering his mental abilities are limited to lifting a Kavinika wolf or telepathy, and psionics doesn't let you detect life signs, I would certainly hope so.And the ship is still off shore quite a while, remember? You'll have to go a long distance from the others to get there. Nab.And yes, I do have the powers of the force. I can make every single island in this RPG sink and have an army of shadow monsters kill every single PC. I have ultimate power beyond even Revan. Or that poser Sidious.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Think, though, if you can reach out with Telepathy and you sense somebody's mind, obviously they'll be alive. Or a disembodied spirit that has yet to pass on, and is likely to use it's weird magic powers to kill you.You aren't thinking through enough, Lev.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Think, though, if you can reach out with Telepathy and you sense somebody's mind, obviously they'll be alive. Or a disembodied spirit that has yet to pass on, and is likely to use it's weird magic powers to kill you.You aren't thinking through enough, Lev.
I'm thinking that your telepathic powers aren't that developed, since we settled on them before the RPG began. You'd need to be a lot closer than that. Keep in mind, also, that Dajon is a jungle filled with life. Every square inch is swarming with it. Whether or not most of it is non-sentient is irrelevant, at that far of a distance, it would be quite impossible.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Then how would he have been on the ship before? Your Elene logic is terrible. :P

However, Aclaraung didn't quite need opposable thumbs, what with the slight telekinetic ability he had, nor was he so little versed in science and what-not as that mysterious voice that was always talking in their heads seemed to think. In fact, Aclaraung was starting to find that voice somewhat annoying, seeing as it had a penchant for insulting him.
Ah, but there's the problem. It takes incredibly fined telekinetic abilities to science without hands. The only way for him to science would be if he was making people do it for him.The game was over before it ended.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well. Zehvor is channeling Azula now. Pardon me while I cower.
I cower before nothing.Well, little. I definitely cower before eldritch abominations. Lev might very well be one.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Then how would he have been on the ship before? Your Elene logic is terrible. :P
However, Aclaraung didn't quite need opposable thumbs, what with the slight telekinetic ability he had, nor was he so little versed in science and what-not as that mysterious voice that was always talking in their heads seemed to think. In fact, Aclaraung was starting to find that voice somewhat annoying, seeing as it had a penchant for insulting him.
Ah, but there's the problem. It takes incredibly fined telekinetic abilities to science without hands. The only way for him to science would be if he was making people do it for him.The game was over before it ended.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Not necessarily-he could focus down on that which he was doing. Of course, if you're talking about writing down what he was going to write down, that's what Song could come in for-but really, Lev, he could work and research.He's not stupid, don't write like he is. /grumble

profiles i guess

What are you all talking about? I channel the sanity of Cthulu himself.@ Grochi; I'm not saying he's stupid. I'm just saying that opposable thumbs are better than being a dragon. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

What are you all talking about? I channel the sanity of Cthulu himself.@ Grochi; I'm not saying he's stupid. I'm just saying that opposable thumbs are better than being a dragon. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Blah blah blah sure. You're suggesting that the lack of opposable thumbs makes him stupid.Which is wrong.And who said Dragons don't have thumbs, anyways? What with the way I envision the hands, having three fingers and a thumb, like some Dragons I've seen in paintings-not explicitly Skyrim dragon where all the finger bones go into being part of the wing-he actually would have thumbs in that case.

profiles i guess

Blah blah blah sure. You're suggesting that the lack of opposable thumbs makes him stupid.Which is wrong.And who said Dragons don't have thumbs, anyways? What with the way I envision the hands, having three fingers and a thumb, like some Dragons I've seen in paintings-not explicitly Skyrim dragon where all the finger bones go into being part of the wing-he actually would have thumbs in that case.
A thumb is completely useless if you don't have fingers to go with it. Or if it's not opposable. The dragons in Skyrim don't have hand with opposable thumbs.I didn't say he was stupid. I did say he wouldn't possess the same knowledge abilities, and that it would be impractical for him to attempt the same procedures that smaller creatures with hands designed with the intended purpose of steadily holding research samples and studying them with their (by our standards) primitive equipment. Which is supported by the lack of anything in his profile saying 'Aclaraung is a dragon scientist' or anything to that effect.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

By the way, Lev. What did you mean by "black hole" in your latest post?
Well, there's a 50/50 chance of either of these.The first is that it's a gravitational singularity of incredibly mass that is absorbing everything around it, including light, and growing larger with everything.The second is that it's a hole in the trees that's black because there's not enough light underneath the massive trees, much as though you were looking into a cave.Hmm. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I'm gonna guess the first. It makes perfect sense.And Lev: He's not meant to be exactly like a Skyrim Dragon, if you read everything I wrote: I've always envisioned him (here, BZPRPG, and everywhere else) as having a sort of hand at the end of each wing with an opposable thumb, like Yoda's three-fingered hand, with the other two/three fingers going off to form the wing bones.You know, like with the Mystix in the BZPRPG where he came.Also: Pfff Dragon scientist. That sounds less like an occupation for a Dragon, and more like somebody going to study the Dragons.But we can't call it Dragonology, we need something better.EDIT: To clarify: The way the Skyrim dragons always look to me, their hands are entirely within their wings. That's what I always see with them.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

@ Grouchy; Yoda's there fingered hands would be inadequate compared to our five fingered hand. You wouldn't be able to type on a keyboard very well, for one. Or play instruments. Overall, our hand developed in a perfect way. Matoran have that design. Not to mention that with the wings bulk and the dragons own... no. You couldn't possibly hold a pen and write. If you get a 3D rendering system like Blender, create a Dragon like Aclaraung, and then demonstrate it doing it, I'll believe you.The one problem is, of course, that the wing of a bat, which is what dragon wings are usually based on, has three fingers and a thumb for grabbing on. If you had an additional two fingers, it would be six total, not five.@ Krayzikk; You assumed wrong. <_< But, hey, this is more interesting. Sort of.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Nah, bats do have a pinkie.See here. There is the thumb on top and slightly behind the first finger, and then there's the four fingers.And besides that, I just meant that for if he needed to manipulate things-I didn't mean he was going to write. Like I said, that's what Song would be for. Or Fury, because we know that the iFury can record everything.It's the best SmartSword ever!Also: See, Krayzikk, I told you it was the gravitic black hole.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Well, that's what happens when you use only a single picture of a bat wing with the wing still attached to the bone as your reference. In any case, that amounts to seven fingers, and not five. So yeah... super finger dragon. How does he know which one is in the middle?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Raknar (Dajon)Raknar wasn't listening; he had been folding up a small piece of paper into an airplane shape, examining it for any design flaws. When he found none, he took a deep breath and tossed it into the flame.-Teezy
So apparently, Raknar is one of the BIONICLE Wright Brothers. He will make millions.
-
:burnmad:

Well, that's what happens when you use only a single picture of a bat wing with the wing still attached to the bone as your reference. In any case, that amounts to seven fingers, and not five. So yeah... super finger dragon. How does he know which one is in the middle?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
I feel like now, with your seven finger thing, you're just trying to mess with me.Think two fingers on the outside of the wing by the thumb, two on the inside. Or make him six fingered just for fun.Or go with that two out, two in, and the thumb, kind of like Vorex's Mystix and the original Aclaraung. This is bionicle and the skeleton is metal, so...Besides, how do we know it doesn't have some weird sort of wire mesh going on the inside of the wingflesh to provide extra stability to it, like a tennis racket?I know we try to stay true to real-world derps, but let's try sci-fi derps for once.

profiles i guess

IC: Raknar (Dajon)Raknar wasn't listening; he had been folding up a small piece of paper into an airplane shape, examining it for any design flaws. When he found none, he took a deep breath and tossed it into the flame.-Teezy
So apparently, Raknar is one of the BIONICLE Wright Brothers. He will make millions.
-
:burnmad:
The schematics of a paper airplane are applicable in all universes. Everyone knows them.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm just messing with you, Grochi. You should know that by now.@ Burnmad; The concept of the airplane has already been made. They've already invented airships based on Kanoka, and are employing them as close as Ampora. They just don't travel very far and they cost as much as the city of Sakrinil. And back to the airplanes - the earliest fighter planes, such as in World War 1, are already in service in the Northern Continent. They just don't have machine guns or anything, so they're not of that much use.Heh. I think the Wright brothers would have preferred it that way.@ TD; Yup. Though paper that you can make a paper airplane out of is some expensive stuff. That cost you 50 Widgets.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"You get that weapon down from my throat, old timer, or so help me, I will cram one gun down your throat and the other up your ***, fire 'em both, and we'll see where the bullets reunite."
Obviously somebody didn't read the Report on Matoran Physiology.And that's hind to you, mister.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Someone didn't read Raknar's admission that he never sought higher learning at the start of the season, and, as such, never would have gotten his hands on a copy of the Report on Matoran Physiology. -Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Someone didn't read Raknar's admission that he never sought higher learning at the start of the season, and, as such, never would have gotten his hands on a copy of the Report on Matoran Physiology.-Teezy
I was referring to the lack of certain orifices.Also, I just want to let you know I figured out the ultimate mind puzzle for the dungeon. I'll step in if you guys can't figure it out in... three days, maybe? Later? It's awesome, though. You'll love it. A lot. Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeheheh.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I thought I mentioned it in the RP topic? Everyone is meeting at Takea Tankards 'the next morning'. In other words, after I find everyone and Lev proceeds with the time-skip (which should be soon, I hope).

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

I thought I mentioned it in the RP topic? Everyone is meeting at Takea Tankards 'the next morning'. In other words, after I find everyone and Lev proceeds with the time-skip (which should be soon, I hope).
And you convince Sarillia to let you do it. And don't just walk out like last time.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Hex Adders: Well, Quorvex isn't going to run to the other end of the city just to find one particular being, but I do have an idea. We will need Toa of Smooth Jazz's help for this, but I think it would be better than having Quorvex do it:After Quorvex recruits Cadrhon, the Prime realizes that he should probably find some help so he isn't the only Dragon character on this voyage. He runs to Yowrik's villa, explains the nature of the trip (Quorvex has to at least tell him the basics), and Yowrik sends one of his duplicates the next day, either as another bodyguard or as an 'investor'.
Do you still want this to happen?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

And you convince Sarillia to let you do it. And don't just walk out like last time.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Of course, but I figured it would be after the time-skip to morning. And unlike the last time, I actually have a chance to plan out a proposal, in-character even. Plus, it relates directly to job that she assigned to Quorvex, so unless she wants to go there herself, or decide that the job is done without actually recovering anything that was stolen, she has little choice.Jazz: Unless Adders has suddenly decided that he doesn't want to go (he hasn't), then yes we still need you to run to Yowrik's villa. Don't worry, there's still some time left.

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."