Waves Of The South

IC: Dralack Illu - Takea TankardsDralack mentally raised an eyebrow, but was careful not to show too much emotion."Some things, in my experience, are better left forgotten..."IC: Su'un Kanad - Takea TankardsThe Trytan shrugged, sadly, "Yeah, I suppose. I try not to think about it."Su'un tossed a few widgets onto the table as a tip, before standing up, "Well then, you said you were hoping for some hero work. It's not gonna come looking for us, now is it!"IC: Doriana Calam - Azure ThunderFinding a seat amongst the crates, Doriana leaned back, lacing her fingers behind her head, "Let's get going, then."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Keran | Misty IslandThe noise reached Keran's ears just a moment too late. The venomous spittle hit him in his left side like a stone, tossing him off balance and leaving him on the ground, dazed. But the Toa wasn't so easily discounted. He looked up just in time to spot the bird-rahi coming his way and rolled over to the right, where he sprang to his feet and grabbed his dual-bladed staff. Inwardly he cursed. He'd been so focused on his mask that he forgot to steady himself and keep his footing. All it took was a bit of spittle to knock him off his feet. On the bright side, the sudden return of gravity would be unpleasant for those affected.He turned to face the creature that had attacked him, interposing his weapon between the two of them as it scrambled to get its bearings upon a rough landing. "What, didn't get enough?" He called. "Let's see how much you can take!" And he focused again on his mask, but this time only on one target: That one rahi. Much easier. And even if it managed to grab on to something to keep itself from floating away, he threw in a gale-force blast of wind, strong enough to send a weightless object hurtling off like- Well, like a leaf in the wind.^^H-D^^

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Flying Creatures / Misty IslandThe creature Keran struck, having already been beat on so many times, was unable to crab anything as it was knocked away by the gravity and wind, floating helplessly above the ground.The one with Alfon had floated away, but the return of gravity quickly brought it back down. It sniffed the air and gave a snort as it charged forward as fast as it could, its mouth open wide as it lunged to take out the Prime.OOC: Stick a sword through there to kill it. Don't let the teeth cut him...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Keran | Misty IslandWhen the flying rahi was far enough from him, Keran released his hold over its gravity. By that time it was well above the ground. The fall... probably wouldn't kill it. Hopefully. It certainly wouldn't be coming back any time soon, though. This allowed him to turn his attentions to the others of its kind. Specifically the one attacking Diomi and- Was that one striking at nothing? No, wait. The mists parted briefly and as he saw the shadow, he remembered - Lesvera had a mask of concealment. Both of them had saved him before, when the big, ugly thing was about to chomp on him. Time to return the favor.To the one thinking to make a meal of Diomi he sent another gale-force wind, strong enough to knock a grown Toa to the ground - and that was without the wings to make it easier. Then he turned to the other and used his mask again, this time increasing gravity suddenly and severely. It wouldn't be crushed, but it wouldn't be comfortable either. Or, hopefully, able to move.All this multitasking - switching from mask to elemental powers in the blink of an eye - was beginning to wear on him. Pretty soon he'd need to take five or he wouldn't be using his mask at all, at least without a headache.^^H-D^^

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC (Misty Island): The tail slammed into the side of Lesvera's torso; and it hurt. A lot. As she fell onto her back her sole thought was, 'Well, at least itis focused on me now.'As she began to pick herself back up, she could see that the rahi was struggling to gain some greater form of control over the crab it was riding. Considering it actions and the fact that it appeared to know where she was while invisible implied that it had a brain that made it slightly more cleverer than the average rahi (smart was too strong a word). If she could toss more fog into the creature's good eye, which would probably distract it long enough for her to get close...Or she could end it quickly. Summoning her elemental power, she used a trick that she had taught herself long after leaving the Council. Lesvera created a globe of water and forced it around the rahi's nose and mouth. It could probably hold its breath for short while, but with the way it was exerting itself, that was unlikely. It would have to breathe eventually, and then it would start to drown as long as she maintained control of the water.As an added precaution, she sent out a tendril of water from the globe and used to cover the rahi's good eye. It certainly wouldn't blind it, but it would distort its remaining vision.IC (Great Library): 'Well,' Quorvex thought a bit sourly, 'She's talkative.'Now that the conversation had already stalled, he tried to think of something so he could get out of yet another uncomfortable position."So," Quorvex said, "Are you on a mission for the Council right now? I could use some help with an expedition I'm forming."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Y'know, I was already thinking that I should stick the sword in its mouth before you mentioned it :PIC: Alfon (Misty Island)But the Rahi's lunging bite would be the death of it. Deactivating his Kanohi, Alfon was invisible once more, thrusting his sword towards the beast's open mouth with speed and precision. The blade slid into the body through the mouth with that sickening feeling of cutting through flesh and bone, coupled with the sight that didn't require any description. That was something for the imagination to run wild with. The Prime yanked the sword out of the body, falling onto its side, clearly dead...hopefully. A whole lot of blood coated the weapon and a piece of organ tissue stuck to it, earning a quick disgusted but sick look of curiosity as Alfon brought it closer to his face for examination."That's nasty." Alfon muttered aloud. "Keran's not going to be pleased." He prepared himself to go help the others but a sudden wave of wooziness swept over him, instilling a slight sense of vertigo. The scratches. Most of them were across his chest while more minor ones scarred his arms. There was nothing life-threatening although blood flowed outwards slowly but surely, a matter which should be taken care of soon. Reactivating his Volitak, Alfon began sneaking towards Kaladin so he could get the doctor out of the heat and into a relatively safe area so he could patch up the injured lickety split.

IC: Takea Tankards"Yes, some are. But others, they should never be." Yasoth said cryptically, smiling slightly. "So, what were you thinking about? I'm infamous for being unable to take no as an answer.""Certainly not." Xerxes said with a grin, leaving a few widgets as tip on the table. "Well then, let's go find some situation to resolve, eh?"IC: DiomiThe flying creature's anger was what Diomi had been counting on. The enraged often leave themselves completely open as they viciously attack, and this was what the Ce-Toa was counting on as she twirled her Toa-Tool, swing the weapon's blunt end at the creature's head just as it prepared to tackle her. As she did so, she prepared more telekentic energy for another blow.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Flying Creatures / Misty IslandThe creature fighting Alfon was completely and irrevocably dead, excluding the use of certain special masks of power not present on the battlefield.The one fighting Diomi showed no strong effect from the blunt blow of the weapon, continuing in its rage in an attempt to kill her. Its massive jaws were about to close on her arm as the telekinetic blast, and the gust of wind from Keran, both hit at the same time, sending it hurtling back and into the ground, where its arms reached out and it tried to pull itself up.Over with Lesvera, the beast was held completely still by the gravitational forces Keran was exerting; at least, for now. In its rage, its claws clamped down and it crushed the head of the crab beast, killing it. It began to struggle as the water covered it, snapping its mouth and letting the liquid flow down. After a while, it just floated there helplessly. Or, so it seemed. The creature released a large amount of its toxin into the water, almost the entire amount, and flung its head back and then forward, breaking part of it away from her control and sending it towards her as a toxic admixture. However, this served as its dying blow. Its mouth was fully opened, allowing a great deal of the poisoned water to flow down its throat. The massive overdose cause it to begin shaking and convulsing as it died.OOC: Not immune to their own poison.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Keran | Misty IslandThey were winning. He didn't like to watch what happened to the rahi - drowned on dry land, run through, and probably more by the time it was over - but each of them was beating back his or her opponent, with a little help from the others. But it wasn't enough. There were far more rahi swooping about in the skies than there were of them to fight, and he wasn't honestly sure they could beat all of them. It was frightening. Unless they did something - something big - to send the beasts packing, they might not hold out much longer.Knowing that, he called out to the others. "We can't hold out forever!" He yelled. "Anyone got any bright ideas?"^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: @ Half-Dragon; Only five of them landed. The others are gone.IC: Flying Creatures / Misty IslandThe one creature that Keran had previously dropped with gravity to the ground shot up and ran at full speed towards him, ready to take revenge on him.The fifth creature (OOC: I don't remember which one.) was thinking far more practically and instead attempted to take off, flying away from the battle and then enemies down below. It wasn't planning on dying with its three brethren if it could help it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Lev- I remembered the whole 'vulnerable to own toxin' trait, but didn't how to use that, since none of the characters could know that fact. This wasn't the result I was expecting, but I can work with this.IC (Misty Island): Lesvera was able to catch the wayward blob of poisoned water before it hit her mask, but she had to break off control of the globe that was drowning the rahi. As she prepared to bring the water back up, she found the creature twitching in the air as life faded from its eyes. Why didn't try coughing the water out?Her eyes then drifted the poisoned water blob that she was still holding in mid-air. Well this was certainly interesting. Still maintaining her hold on the venom, she pulled out one of the small bottles that she kept her own poison in, and poured its contents on to the ground. After creating some more clean water to wash out the rest of the bottle, she forced the rahi poison into the container and closed it. She could coat some of her darts in the stuff, but Keran needed her attention first.With the final rahi now charging at him, she started to move the fog again, this time concentrating it around the creature's eyes. While the monsters certainly had much better senses than the assembled party, Lesvera hoped that the sudden increase in mist would distract it long enough for Keran to finish it off.IC (Great Library): Quorvex starred at Lalar in disbelief. She couldn't be that out of the loop about everything going on."Where have you been all day?" he asked, "Haven't you heard about the recent robberies? The rumors that it might be Midnight? The Council must have heard about it by now... Unless you aren't a member of the Council, in which case I sincerely hope that you're a member of the Order."OOC: Sorry Construct, but there isn't enough time or space for me to repeat everything that has happened over the last ten pages. You'll have to read all of that on your own if you want all of the details.

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Really? I thought the others were still circling overhead. Must've missed that part. Disregard last post, please.IC: Keran | Misty IslandThey were winning. He didn't like to watch what happened to the rahi - drowned on dry land, run through, and probably more by the time it was over - but each of them was beating back his or her opponent, with a little help from the others. And speaking of which, here was the other... bird... rahi that he didn't recognize at all from the rest. It seemed pretty mad at him. Probably something to do with his stunt before. Or maybe it was just charging his way because he was the least likely to kill it. Either way, as the mist seemed to congeal around the beast's eyes, the agile Toa saw his chance. He leapt up into the air, sommersaulted right over its head, pivoted, landed facing its back and sent a powerful wind at it before its momentum could run out. Then once it was down, he could increase the gravity and keep it that way.^^H-D^^

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: There were others, but they were just acting as the peanut gallery until Keran sent them away with that cyclone.IC: Flying Creature / Misty IslandThe creature moving towards Keran was still aware of where he was. As he tried to somersault over, the creature attempted to strike him with its lightning-fast tail and send him to the ground, stunned.It was now also the last creature, as the fifth vanished into the mists above.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: That crab is Nivigate’s pet, you can’t just kill it. Couldn’t you say it tried to kill the crab? I’d really rather it didn’t die.IC: Nivigate (and crab)The crab twisted to the side as the rahi bit down on it, so that bit the crab’s shoulder instead, badly denting its shell.As the rahi died Nivigate made his way to his crab its shell was dented but not punctured so it wasn’t going to be infected. “Is that all of them.” Nivigate asked.

Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Keran | Misty IslandTechnically the sky was more the home of a flying creature than it was Keran's. In theory. But right now he was jumping. He was up in the air, gravity be darned, and just like when he was running in high places, leaping from branch to branch or rooftop to rooftop, his reflexes had to be perfect. The tail came in fast, but he only had to twist to avoid it, sailing mere inches from the scything blade, before he landed just as planned, crouched low and ready to spring aside should the need arise. Then came step two, wherein he extended one hand and fired off a gale-force gust. If the bird tried to move out of the way, good odds said that would involve opening its wings, and those things were practically built to catch winds. ^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC (Misty Island): Lesvera was uncertain on what she should do. She didn't care about the rahi that was flying away, but the one currently fighting Keran was a problem. Blasts of water could work, but she couldn't make them too forceful incase she missed and hit the Toa of air. She couldn't use her crossbow for similar reasons, especially if the rahi could throw her companion in front of the bolt. Getting into melee range just seemed like a bad idea.That left her drowning trick; well if it worked once, it could work again. But she needed Keran to move out of the way, at the very least so he wouldn't get hurt if it backfired like it almost did last time.

"Don't Panic."

OOC: I didn't want you bringing a crab in the first place. If you want it to survive you can have it do so, but it's going to be injured and have to remain at camp for the rest of the expedition. And along that train of thought, it's not a pet, it's a Rahi your character sells that you brought alone. A pet (here, anyways, I think BZPRPG does something else) is a creature that is part of your characters profile or might even have their own if they're dangerous enough that acts as a function of their abilities.And technically it's not a bird. It's not really an animal, technically... really, you can't call it a member of Domain Eukaya, either. Huh. What do you classify biomechanical beings as?IC: Flying Creature / Misty IslandThe beast attempted to turn, the wings spreading out for a moment in the process, and the wind hit. The creature went flying away, sent far across the battlefield and away from the group. It stood quickly, and began charging again. Now Lesvera had her chance...OOC: I wanted to address this, about the toxin (and, as I wrote this, eventually the creatures physiology). If you don't like science you're dead to me skip this and move onto the fun stuff because it's much longer than necessary and more like rambling than real science. The species generates the toxin in glands in their mouth, which is, much like an insects exoskeleton, almost completely plated and hard on the outside, but on the inside (and on its massive red, compound eyes) it is incredibly soft and actually close to 40% organic, incredibly high for a being in the Matoran Universe. Within the mouth itself the creature has incredibly strong jaws and a tongue, and has the trachea and esophagus. It excretes saliva, and all of that other good stuff.The toxin is released into their mouth with their spit. It is not lethal due to digestion in small amounts, so it can't harm them there. Swallowing a small amount won't be dangerous. However, large amounts at one time, especially when brought down with another liquid, can be fatal, as shown. And when they go down that fast, it isn't the slower, fifteen minute process with just a bite. It's almost instantaneous.Poison, the Dark Hunter, never learned how to use his powers because there were so few of his species left - canonically, it was from Matoran. But you guys might perform the genocide on your own. He was young and never learned how to use his power until shown how to by Nidihki, much as others usually would after he was fully fledged. As you may discover, the species is composed mostly of techno-organic and organic components. The cells of the skin have cell walls much like those of plants, and coupled with the more ductile form of mechanical protodermis surrounding it, provide a very strong layer of protection.To clarify the youngeness thing, this species, unlike Matoran and the like (which must be able to begin work immediately) begins in a much less developed form of about half size that is quite resilient and actually more adept at flying that begins to grow to the size of the creatures you're fighting. When they're smaller, their poison glands do not open, and the toxin is unable to be ejected properly. Until the grow to full size, that is.Mata-Nui likely observed organic creatures on a world he was visiting and was intrigued with the idea of growth and development in organisms, and so attempt to create his own, leading to this. Or perhaps the Great Beings did it. Impossible to say, but they're quite fascinating.And I need to get out more.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Misty Island): Lesvera created another globe of water and forced it onto the rahi's mouth and nose, just like before. In order to speed up the process, she uncorked the bottle which held the poisoned water she had previously collected and threw that into the mix as well. In all likelihood, she wasn't going to have chance of using it later and she didn't have an antidote for it either, so keeping it was just a disaster waiting to happen.If she could kill this last one, they would have a straight shot to back to the ship. Fighting an entire army of these things on their own turf didn't appeal to her; she liked one-on-one fights where she could begin from a hiding place. And it didn't look like the rest of the party was well suited for this terrain either.

"Don't Panic."

IC: Flying Creature / Misty IslandThe creature, having watched the one from before, took a deep breath before the water formed and then jumped into the air, flying towards Lesvera. Kill her or let her kill it were the options, and it knew which one it preferred.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Keran | Misty IslandWhile he didn't want to see another beast drown, he wanted even less to see it savage Lesvera, so Keran reached out and pulled another gust of wind around, moving it so it would slam into the rahi and send it halfway across the battlefield again. Maybe then it would have the sense to just fly away like its buddy back there did. ^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC-Cotan:Cotan sat boredly, eating a steak as he waited for the train to begin moving-although, at least they did give him lunch. That was a plus. He'd boarded a train for the Shimmering Palace, somewhere where he hadn't been in a year or so, and it was a nice place to visit once you got used to how everything burned your eyes.After a moment he felt a rumbling, and then a lurch as his body tried to catch up with something near him, and he smiled. Ah, yes, the train to the Shimmering Palace had finally started up...he should be there in three, four hours. Something like that.OOC: Hey, who wants to be on a train with Cotan? =D

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kitala: Toa Council Chambers:"Well, assuming you mean a mission you're going on of your own accord, and not one that they've assigned to you, yes. Although generally, asking nicely works better than telling them," She replied. She paused for a moment, not sure whether to ask where the toa was from or where he was going first. She decided on the latter. "So where are you headed, then?"

IC: Tanika"I'm going after Midnight and the Legion Sceptre." Tanika said. "that is if I'm allowed, I only joined the council yesterday."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC (Misty Island): Everything that the rahi did further convinced her that this wasn't a suitable island. Sure they could win this battle, but there was no way they were going to win a war here if they tired. She would need to discuss this with Alfon, but considering how he was the first to run away, she didn't think the conversation would last very long.First they had to take care of the remaining rahi. She unfolded both of her punching daggers, but also called up her elemental power. She would let the creature get close and then create a small high-pressure geyser from the ground as a trap. There was one other thing that could help."Keran," Lesvera yelled, "Less gravity on this one would be nice."

"Don't Panic."

IC: Diomi If it wasn't for Keran's attack, Diomi would have been the next meal of the creature. Still slightly unsure on how to deal with this being that was as intelligent as them, Diomi telekentically grabbed its head and slammed it back down into the ground in an attempt to knock it unconsicious.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Flying Creature / Misty IslandThe geyser blast from the ground struck the creature directly in the chest, causing it to stumble back and swallow a large amount of the water. When Diomi grabbed it, it was thrown down the full distance, head to the ground and on its back. It slipped into unconsciousness as the globe of water began pouring into it, causing it to drown on solid land.The creature was dead. Not one hundred percent dead, but it wasn't going to live.Up in the sky above, the one creature from before and a few others had gathered, circling overhead and looking down at the group. One of them let out a keening cry, and then the others. One by one they flew away, separating and returning to their mountain lairs, leaving the dead behind.Diomi could sense the same emotion growing from each of them. It was a more primal form of sorrow, with some amount of fear. They had lost this battle, and were not going to lose any more for now. They wouldn't be so hasty to rush in again.OOC: Look at it this way. Your characters were all running in fear and trying not to get brutally murdered, but face facts. Four of them died, a large group never joined the fight at all from a single strike, and the only being who suffered any negatively impacting injuries was a crab that granted no advantages, and just made Nivigate a bigger target.Call it a hard-won victory, but you'd be lying. That was a minor skirmish for both sides that proved your strength for later.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Misty Island): Lesvera growled as the other flying rahi disappeared into the mist. It had been difficult enough trying to fight five of the things when they all appeared to be borderline intelligent. Now the other creatures would know all about them and how to counter their attacks if her logic was sound. It was time to put this expedition under review.She walked over to Nivigate and asked, "Do you need a lift? Keran can take your crab back to the ship with his mask."Turning to the rest of the party she asked, "And has anyone seen Alfon?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: Keran | Misty Island"Huh?" Keran looked around at Lesvera's mentioning his name. "Oh. Right, no problem." Yes problem, using his mask for that long while being careful not to do any damage to the crab would be a serious strain on his brain, but he'd handle it. At least that way he could actually save a life rather than end them, which theoretically was what Toa did. He looked out across the scene again. There were bodies across the field, and from their tactics he couldn't help but get the feeling those things were at least smarter than the average rahi.^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Alfon (Misty Island)With the battle now over and Lesvera questioning his whereabouts, Alfon deactivated his Volitak, revealing a bloody chest. "Yeah I'm here, dying from blood loss but I think 'dying' would be a bit of an overstatement. Got clawed up pretty bad, still holding on tight though." he declared in a complete air of casualness."Anyone seen Kaladin? I need him to disinfect the cuts and patch me up. 'Cause I feel like I'm going to pass out if I keep losing my fluids."

IC (Great Library): "Wait, what?" Quorvex asked. This conversation was going nowhere fast."Look, I'm currently organizing an expedition to find the thief Midnight. We'll be sailing to Nibar and possibly Dajon. As a matoran, I won't survive 10 minutes on either of those islands, so I need bodyguards like you. This isn't a treasure hunt; we're looking for a wanted criminal. So, are you interested?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: Dralack Illu - Takea TankardsThis female's curiosity was starting to worry Dralack, even if he didn't outwardly show it. He didn't want to reveal his problem, risking vulnerability to her. However, he had to say something."My neighbour," the Vortixx said, finally, "He's an inventor, much like myself. He was robbed last night, and I've been trying to help him track down the culprit."IC: Su'un Kanad - Takea TankardsSu'un smiled, before re-adjusting his hat, and heading outside."In that case," he said to Xerxes, "Are you aware of any situations that are taking place right now?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Misty Island): "Karz," Lesvera muttered after Diomi's announcement."Alfon," she continued, "While I don't claim to have any authority on this venture, it is my professional opinion that we are completely out-matched while on this island. Therefore, I would like to suggest that we all get back on the ship and explore one of the other islands that we saw when we first arrived. At the very least, we should be able to find somewhere that doesn't have this much fog."

"Don't Panic."

IC: Keran | Misty IslandIf there was anything left of Keran's good mood, it vanished like the mist here in a hurricane when he heard Diomi. Intelligent. These were thinking beings - no different from Matoran, or Primes, or any other being. Sure, they had attacked, but Toa got attacked a lot. It came with the job. One was supposed to be able to deal with that, without resorting to something like this. And now they were dead... All because he didn't know how to stop them without killing them. His fault...Abruptly the Toa turned around. He marched toward the injured crab, activated his mask and began the delicate process of lowering its gravity without jarring it too badly, gently lifting it up from the ground. This task required a lot of concentration. It would keep him busy. He needed something to keep him busy right now.^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: DiomiKeran would find his need for concentration lessened as Diomi carefully levitated the wounded crab, her eyes blank and sorrowful as she did so.IC: Yasoth"It seems there were a rash of robberies last night." Yasoth said, having heard of the Midnight scare. "I heard the merchants screaming with outrage." IC: Xerxes"No," Xerxes admitted with a shrug and a grin. "But I bet we can find one if we look hard enough."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Dralack Illu - Takea Tankards"Indeed," Dralack replied, fingers still clinking against the untouched glass of beer in front of him in a rhythmical pattern, "I suppose you haven't heard anything that could be of use in my investigation?"IC: Su'un Kanad - Takea TankardsThe Trytan returned the grin, "Well, have you heard about these 'Midnight' robberies that everyone's been talking about?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]