Waves Of The South

IC: Raknar (Dajon)"I go to seek a Great Perhaps," muttered the Dricigil as he stepped out from the dinghy behind Song, guns still loaded and ready. "Got anything, Zigzag?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Fenrir)"Optimism gets in the way of the facts. As does pessimism. Both are functions of the mind and have little to do with reality as it actually exists. Therefore, when survival may be on the line, I ignore such things and see the world as it is. Not as I would wish it is." Fenrir shrugged. He'd come back up for air, not to get into a conversation. Not that he minded all that much.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Yasoth "Certainly." Yasoth said, ordering a few exotic items.OOC: Actually, I signed Yasoth up for that too.IC: Xerxes"And it may be a bloody good one." Xerxes said, suddenly changing his opinion. "It may be fun, come to think of it. We'd be chasing an invisible, unsighted thief." IC: DiomiDiomi smiled a grim smile in response to Keran's nod, but said nothing as well, becoming uncharacteristicly quiet.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Fenrir is a downer.[GM]DajonThe island was completely wild. The jungle here was lush and vibrant, even with the lowering levels of light at present. The leaves seemed to reflect every drop of the waning, golden sunlight back upon the group. Rahi were everywhere. Song was forced to tune her innate detection abilities to a minimum just to keep from being overwhelmed by the amount of mental activity - every single insect or lizard or other crawling beast, individually nothing at all, but combined into one, they amassed to the equivalent of Sakrinil market.Some particularly snarky merchants would describe the lizards as being be the smarter of the two groups.The smoke was still rising along the eastern areas of the island, to their left. One could see a path a great deal away leading into the mass of trees. Were it any later, they couldn't have possibly seen it, but there it was - another black hole along the ground level.That was their best bet to the camp, then.OOC: No burning dinghy.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Song"Hmm. I guess we'll have to follow that path, then. Stay on guard. I'm not picking up any intelligent minds, but still." The captain said, slowly moving onto the path, and following it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Raknar (Dajon)"You have a knack for sayin' the sweetest things, Braveheart," joked Raknar as he walked alongside her, taking an unlit cigarette and rolling it around his mouth as he scanned the jungle; his wary features and furrowed brow were at odds with the lighthearted charm in the captain's voice as his fingers rested against the stocks of his pistols, and his steps bounced with a silent fervor, as if he were ready to shoot something through the eye with nary a second's notice.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung, meanwhile, walked along behind Raknar and Song, his eyes ever alert for any danger. Soon enough he sighed, bored with their pace."Can you two just hop on my back, we fly up there, and then wait for the others?" he asked, bored. "Or, better yet, I drop you off, then come back, and bring the others as well?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Song"Present company excluded." Song quipped. She hadn't yet drawn Fury, despite the sword's pleas. She didn't want to play her best card just yet. "No, Aclaraung. We can't. I've read enough horror novels to know splitting up is a bad idea."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Raknar (Dajon)"On the other hand, he brings a lot of attention," pointed out Raknar. "If he brings the others here, it saves them sailing time, docking time, and it leaves us with one less dinghy to get back to the ship. Besides, if things get tough, I have full confidence in your ability to protect me."His unlit cig twirled to the left as he turned and winked at the captain, giving the barest hint of a dry laugh from the recesses of his chest.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Oh, bloody Karz. The first part of this post takes place before Krayzikk's last post. :PIC-Aclaraung:"Song, you survived well enough on your own until I popped in and helped you get your ship," the Dragon growled. "Besides, you also have miss Fire and Blood on your back. You would have little trouble." Done with Song, he turned his head to Raknar."And you, young Seprillian, have your pistols, and I've seen how fast you can load and fire those, compared to some-besides that, you're a Dricigil. You people are crazy enough to sink your teeth into a Tahtorak." His breath hissed between his teeth, sign that he was quickly getting annoyed at the present situation."Beside that, if I see anything attacking you-or feel it-I will be able to quickly get to you."OOC: Now, the response-IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung nodded himself, before he proceeded to grab Raknar and Song, placing them on his back so that he could quickly fly them to the path.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: Cadrhon"Yes, I will go with you." he said, noticing the being's vague response.OOC: What am I supposed to do regarding Adders's character?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC (Misty Island): "We're over here Kaladin," Lesvera said as the matoran poked his head out, "And no, we're not dead. Alfon needs some medical attention though."At the same time, she picked up Nivigate and placed him on her shoulders, intending to carry him back to the ship."As I was saying," the Toa said as she turned her attention to the party leader, "I feel that our odds of surviving this island are rapidly depleting. We've encountered a new, intelligent species that immediately tried to kill us and we returned the favor. We don't have any way to communicate with them and all they have learned from us is that we can kill them. I think we'll have a better time on one of the other islands. I mean, they can't all be connected can they?"OOC: Jazz- Have Cadrhon run to Yowrik's (Adder) villa and tell him that some witless matoran is trying to find the Legion Scepter, while asking for help. At that point Yowrik will summon a time-duplicate, so there will be two Dragon members sneaking on board the journey (if I'm understandind it correctly).IC (Sakrinil): "Excellent," Quorvex replied as he suppressed a yawn, "I'll see you tomorrow then."He turned to walk towards Takea Tankards again and promptly bumped into Lalar. Looking up at the Toa, it took him a few seconds to realize that she was the same one he had just recruited while at the Library."You know you should really go home and pack. But if you have nothing better to do, you can follow me to the inn that we'll be meeting at tomorrow."With that, Quorvex resumed his trudge towards the semi-famous watering-hole. He didn't really have to tell the bartender that his group was meeting there the next morning, but it never hurt to be polite. Usually. After a short amount of time, the pair arrived at the inn (at least he was assuming that Lalar was following him). Quorvex entered, walked up to the bar again, and called the barkeep over. He also noted that Aldarnin was gone; made sense as his shift was probably over.When the bartender approached, the Guild investigator said, "I just wanted to give you the heads-up that a large group will be arriving her tomorrow morning. I'll be there, we won't stay long, and some of them might even order a drink. In case any of them show up before I do, you can ask them if they're here for the expedition that plans to hunt down Midnight, or whoever perpetrated the recent thefts."Of course, Quorvex had no idea that two other potential recruits were sitting a short distance away and the matoran hadn't exactly tried to lower his voice while talking to the barkeep.

Edited by Tafu

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: FuryMiss Fire and Blood is officially my newest title. Fury announced, broadcasting her presence to all three beings present. Along with Island-Breaker, Bloodsword and the Sword of a Thousand Truths.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Presenting the iFury, the newest smart-sword on the market today!IC-Aclaraung:"Isn't she though, young Seprillian?" Aclaraung asked with a bit of a smile, touching down at the beginning of the path. Then he barked out a laugh at the last thing that Fury had said.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: Raknar (Dajon)Is that some kinda sick joke? Listen, Ballbuster or whatever you're callin' yourself, I'll have you know I'm a religious man. I wouldn't go around bragging about killin' saints....Okay, I'm not REALLY religious, but still.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Lol. Angry Birds takes on a whole new meaning.IC: FuryI am a being from before the dawn of time. I was old when this world was young, I predate civilization as you know it. I have been worshiped as a Goddess of War. I care not for your petty religion.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Raknar (Dajon)"Gotta tell you, Songbird, if I had to sit around with her on my back all day, I'd probably use her to kill a few people, myself. Maybe you'll get lucky one day and she'll get stuck in someone's rib cage."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Song and FurySong looked at Aclaraung. "Believe me, I don't."She looked back at Raknar. "She's just grouchy because she's been cooped up in that sheath for months. When she doesn't get to stretch, she always gets temperamental."An anticipatory gleam came into her eyes. "Besides, the benefits outweigh the downsides."I am not grouchy.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Song"I guess they are. I haven't gotten to stretch much lately either. Best practice I've had is a couple thugs back at Sakrinil." Her voice was almost.... Predatory.You know, if I still had a corporeal form, I would hit you.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: The Patron Saint of Humility was a Ga-Toa who had attained so much power it was said she could control all of the seas in the Universe, and possessed such control of her Hau she could shield an entire island. Despite, or perhaps because of it, she never lifted a weapon or harmed another being, and never went on adventures, and despite her great powers and fame, stood beside other Matoran, working in the fields. She was accepted in 9,369 IA into the Church of Mata-Nui as a saint, close to two thousand years after her mysterious death.I think the mystery has been solved?[GM]DajonThe group, moving down the path, soon came to the clearing. It was much as Aclaraung had assumed. The tents, equipment, all of it was burning. At least, all that was left. Everything else was simply piles of ash, even the things such as metal that should melt and not burn.The mysterious flame was only dissipating when things finished the burning process. And it refused to spread. As if its creator, obviously of some power, only wanted to destroy it, but leave all else intact.OOC: Don't mess with Song. A Barbarian in a Rage would whoop your Rogue butt unless you won initiative for a Sneak Attack.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Raknar (Dajon)Involuntarily, Raknar shuddered, not because of Fury's threats, but because of the silent lust that carried underneath Song's voice, a razor-stitched companion to the hungry look in her eye. It occurred to him then that, on that first night onboard the Thunder...she could have killed him. She would have killed him.The Dricigil tightened his grip on his guns and looked away.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: SongSong started to ask what was wrong, but was stopped by the sight of the flames. "Those aren't natural. At all."What, Seprillan? You thought I picked a pacifistic Wielder?

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Raknar (Dajon)Raknar cut out Song, Aclaraung and Fury from his thought process with an odd CRUNCH! like the sound of bone being crushed. He, too, cast a quick glance at the flames and examined them, the way they burned, and the way they refused to touch anything outside their radius.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung ignored what he heard from Fury through Raknar, due to his keeping mental contact with all three people, and turned to Song."Very astute," he said. "I'd determined as much, and the last time I saw something like that I was young, and the first Ta-Toa were poking around. Needless to say, that soon came to be considered natural as well. No matter." He stretched his wings, preparing to go over and grab Myr, Arkrak, and Doriana."I shall be back soon with the other three," he said, "Seeing as the others decided to stay and guard the ship. I shall be back shortly." That said, he jumped, beating hard to gain some altitude to allow him to smoothly glide down.Don't allow your urges to take control, Song. A true predator does not openly seek battle except for when it is in need, which you aren't.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: SongI know, I know.Song replied, resisting the urge to draw Fury. She looked around, but for the life of her, couldn't see what was causing the flames. Experimentally, she tried to move one of the burning objects with her powers.

fK5oqYf.jpg