Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

IC - The Beast - East District Street: The cloud of dust was still in the air, behind Kayzata; the beast wasn't on the ground because it had personally attempted to devour him in its essence. With him... preoccupied... with finding a body that wasn't there, the cloud flew toward him again from behind.

IC Kayzata - East District Streets - Fighting Something: Kayzata was knocked down to the ground by the cloud, and the being sprung to his feet, quickly locating the cloud up above him. He created a ball of darkness around it, sealing the beast inside and holding it closed. He waited to see if the beast could escape or not; if so, he would find a way to destroy the cloud of smoke, if not, he would destroy it in its shadowy container, and then figure out what it really was. -Kayzata

IC: Marx happened to see the Matoran and he was making gestures that seemed to imply to go to him. Marx vanished instantly only to reappear right next to Vertak. The heat had finally got to him and his darkly colored armor was not helping. He seemed out of breathe when he said, "Yes. What's the plan?"

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Arena/Fighting ConstructCalik unleashed the bottled up energy in the form of waves of heat, propelling himself and Team Comet out of the blast's path.The Toa heard something suddenly. It was a cry, coming from the stands. He turned his head to see Vertak motioning them to join him in the stands.Hexxon, guide us to the stands, he said telepathically, I can propel us, but you need to steer.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Hexxon: the Arena:Hearing Calik's thoughts, Hexxon complied, moving the in the right position to be launched.Do it, he ordered.While he waited, the Kai-Nam officer wondered how strong the monster might be, if they could deafeat, and what Vertak and his friends had planned. If something was smart enough to calculate where they'd teleport, there might not be much they could do.

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Once the others had arrived, Vertak explained his idea to them. (OOC: Page 15, Vertak's thoughts)"Hopefully those in the control room are close to finding a way they might be able to disable the creature in some way." Vertak finished. "Zanth agrees, but we need your help to pull it off."-ibroe

IC / Day Run / Arena Control Room: Swerv sighed, “Everything can be jammed, you just need the right method. In this case we would need to flood every frequency with white noise, enough so that the nano-bots can’t “hear” their instructions. And believe me, I can scan all frequencies, even if I can’t decrypt them.” Shaking his head, Swerv continued, “And please don’t tell me you somehow managed to add a memory chip, to a nano-bot, so big that it could harbor anything besides essential programming. Because if the nano-bot’s themselves have enough memory to harbor the virus, individually, and without losing some of the programming that allows them to function normally, then we will have a bigger mess on our hands than we do now. “Anyway, how are the speakers for the Arena doing?”

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC - Ehjoras - Control Room: "No, what I'm saying is that, after spending as much time in the science district, I know a thing or two about what Kai-Namian hackers are capable of," Ehjoras said. "i wouldn't put it past them to be able to reprogram the nanobots... especially with what I've been told about the Collector. At any rate, they can't function outside of Day Run territory; with the exception of the Collector and the modified bots he's made of, they're physically tied to the Day Run grounds. As for the speakers -- they're still functional. Why?"He figured he knew the answer already; he just wanted to be sure.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-Kairan's maneuverings through the arena's stands had coincidentally brought him to the quickly-forming group of combatants."I think we'll need all the help we can get in this fight, so I'll assume that you guys wouldn't mind a few more people to help out?" Kairan asked, as he gripped his sword to send out another electrical 'wheel' blast at the Construct, aiming for the Face Mark once more. However, he was surprised to see a red and black Rhotuka Wheel flying near the arc of lightning, headed for the same place. Kairan turned his head, and saw an armoured being, who walked toward the arena, and then looked toward the area of the stands where the others were. The other Toa nodded, and quickly ran toward the group, as Kairan looked back toward the Construct.We'll need some very large attack here... Kairan thought, and wondered if a combined attack would work here...OOC: Zaydan joins the fight. =)

OOC: I reread the team crest part of the first post. I thought they were different. So I pictured Sol and Marx' as a PDA like device that displays there symbol of a gold sphere and makes calls. I hope this is okay.IC: Marx listen to the plan and he thought it was clever. He said, "Okay what can I do to help?" Maybe Sol can help, he thought. He picked up his team crest and talked into it, "Hey Sol. We could use your help down here. Um the match is know an actual fight against some giant monster thing. I'm not joking. Seriously we need your help."IC: Sol slept. He was very tired and drained of much of his elemental powers. He did not hear Marx' plea for help.IC: Slate wandered around. He felt something wierd in the air. It made him feel dizzy. He collapsed in an alley way behind some old unused building. He tried standing up but could not muster the strength.

OOC: hm hm hm...Ehjoras, Kerid, Zanth, Vertak, Zaydan, Kairan, Alan, Calik, Marx, Hexxon, Kaytana, Swerv, Eryn, the guards and the Recorders vs. the Construct... this is beginning to look somewhat even. :PIC - The Construct/Zanth - Arena: The Construct was struck in the back of the head as Rhotuka and electricity merged, blasting off part of its cranium, though not damaging the face mark. The nanobots shifted around as the damage was filled in, detecting the newest threat, though turned back as a pillar of earth slammed into its back. It wasn't stunned for a moment, though its attention was diverted back to Zanth.The Team Zero leader stood tall on the opposite end of the Arena, staring down the Construct while keeping his cool. The thing continued to lumber toward him. Come on, Vertak, he thought. Split up and get this thing over with, will you? Even I can't evade this thing forever.As the thing stretched its fist forward to strike him, he used his mask again, leaping over it. He realized his mistake a moment too late, as its other hand followed soon afterward; the nanobots had made another accurate prediction. He yelped as he was slammed, hard, into the dome above, nearly blacking out from the impact; a crack sounded from his chest. Shaking it off, he struggled against the thing's hold. As it pulled him closed to it, Zanth reactivated his mask, using his elastic state to forcibly slip through the Construct's hold and flipping back into the stands.He gripped his side as he landed, doubling over. There was no doubt about it -- that hit had broken at least one rib. But he couldn't stop moving; not with the Construct advancing on him again.IC - The Beast - ED Streets: Kayzata seemed to have found the Beast's weakness. Unlike the other three major nanobot constructs (which Kayzata admittedly, with the possible exception of the Dark Side and/or the Collector, did not know about) this one did not seem to be capable of phasing through solid objects -- which the shadow cage was.The dilemma was, how do you rip something apart that willingly breaks into pieces?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Ok, Parugi, I know in the Night Run, they hacked the system using visual dots in a maze. Keep that in mind as you read this and let me know if this works. If not, then I can change it. But if it is ok, then I wouldn't mind you giving Swerv an opponent. But an easy one, this is the first of a few rooms. :PIC / Day Run / Arena Control Room:“Well,” Swerv said as he made a physical inspection of Eryn’s old body, “As you can probably guess, if the speakers remain uninfected with the virus, then I can use them to jam the airways. But I think plan B is in order first.”Swerv unplugged himself from the robot body and walked over to the computer Ehjoras was at, “You said you needed a single system that wasn’t infected, right?”The Pha-Matoran nodded and began to say something, but Swerv interrupted with, “I’ll see what I can do. Watch my body, Agony isn’t fully programmed, not enough memory space.”With that, Swerv’s essence floated out from a compartment that opened in his chin. The purple mist that was actually Swerv floated down to the console that Ehjoras had been working on a moment before. Swerv floated down into the keyboard and quickly traced the various wires inside to the hard drive, where he entered the mainframe of the computer system.Now, like how he was in control of his robot body, he was in control of the console. Well, that was definitely a false statement. The hard drive was chaos, and all the systems were confused and repurposed.In his mind’s eye, he could see the computer laid out before him as a series of rooms, almost as if he were playing one of those video graphic games. But unlike those games, this “boss”, the virus, would kill beings if not forced out of this computer. And seeing how it had destroyed Eryn so quickly, Swerv knew that he could only hope to drive the virus out, not defeat it.The question was, how? Gripping the staff that he had given himself in his mind’s eye, Swerv walked up to the first room, which was labled, “Audio”, and quickly peeked in. It was in that instant in which he peeked inside the room that he realized that in his mind’s eye, he was still a normal “flesh and blood” Toa. That was good to know. He was still a Toa at heart. But what was in the room brought him back to “reality” quickly.

OOC: Eh, works for me. Though you're putting Swerv's life in danger. :P Remember, Eryn only survived the virus attack because she had a back-up body/systems. Swerv's going to have to work as hard as he can to survive a similar attack.IC - ? - Mainframe: Just as it had upon detecting Eryn entering the mainframe, a surge of red electricity shot across the screen and keyboard that Swerv had just entered. Ehjoras watched uneasily as this happened; what if Swerv fell as Eryn had?In the mainframe -- or Swerv's mind's eye or whatever -- the virus appeared immediately, leaping at his 'avatar' from above. This incarnation wasn't the complex mechanism that the robot probably expected it to be. Here, the virus -- preliminarily searching for the new intruder -- was represented by a Skakdi. Or, at least, that was the best description that could be given to it, given the spines on its back. Its face, however... its face was twisted horribly, seemingly melted, replaced with nothing more than an upside down skull, two mismatched eyes staring out at Swerv."You can't pass," it hissed, shambling forward. A bladed pole arm materialized in its hand as it moved, its eyes glinted. "Die like the other..." With surprising agility, the Skakdi gripped the weapon with both hands, sweeping at Swerv's feet.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Parugi, I believe you misunderstand. Swerv's robotic body is not physically touching the computer. Swerv's essense, almost like a Makuta, went into the console. So literally his mind went into the mainframe. The worst that could happen to Swerv is that he gets a headache and is forced to leave the computer. Or at least that's how I see it.IC / Arena Control Room / Fighting the Virus Inside the Mainframe: Swerv frowned in disgust before pulling back from the doorway. The Skakdi’s weapon harmlessly hit the doorframe, but did slice through quite a bit of metal. Swerv gulped as he backed up towards another room. He knew he would find no cover in this hallway. Glancing above the door as he entered, he saw it read “Network”. Hopefully there wasn’t another apparition of the Virus to attack him in here. Or if there was, Swerv sure hoped they stayed in their individual rooms, where they affected that system. It sure was hard to see with normal eyes once again. Swerv’s neck was growing tired as he endless swiveled it.

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Arena/Fighting ConstructIt was a simple process to get the group into the stands. Having to understand Vertak's plan, however...'Frankly, I don't understand your plan. But, I don't have a better one, so I'm in,' he said.He pulled out both daggers, regarding the group, 'We'll need time, and cover. Move up to the upper sections, before it realize's we're all here.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Frankly... yes, it did. Changed.Swerv's still putting himself in danger. It's already been established, in canon, that minds can be destroyed, and you essentially just digitized Swerv's mind. You don't think something this weird -- and powerful judging from everything it's managed to do -- isn't going to be able to have some lasting effect on you if you're entering its terrain? Not to mention, electricity, like other energy, can destroy Makuta essence. Now remember what happened to Eryn when she connected?I'd say there's plenty electricity at its disposal inside of the computer network. Where Swerv's essence is. :3*reads rest of Swerv IC*You realize Eryn was trying to connect with the network when she got zapped, right? :oIC - Virus Apparitions - Mainframe: Another apparition appeared as Swerv entered the Network room, forming from what looked like floating shards of crystal. this one took the shape of a wolf-like humanoid; bipedal, with a tail and a head shaped like that of a wolf. It was deep blue and white in color, and its broad shouldered arms ended in a set of long, sharp claws.It growled at Swerv. "You cannot win here," it said, flicking an ear and advancing forward. Back in the hall, the sounds of shambling could still be heard as the Skakdi followed the Toa. "You cannot survive."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:"Alright." Vertak said, speaking into his crest as well. "Rindon and Zanth, focus your powers on tearing the Construct apart. Marx and I will use our gravity to hold it in place; the rest of you, do everything you can to blast that cross. That seems to be the only major weakpoint."Finished speaking, Vertak turned to face the Construct and began to use his gravity, bit by bit, to start holding it in place.-ibrow

IC - Zanth/Rhindon - Stands: "Don't forget to combine your attacks when you target the cross!" Zanth answered, rolling underneath the Construct's sweeping arm again. As he came out of the roll, grimacing from the pain in his side, Rhindon appeared from a portal of shadow. Zanth grabbed the sword's hilt, and the two appeared elsewhere in the stands, causing the Construct to face toward the group.Spinning around to face the Construct, Zanth took aim, the combined pair launching a blast of shadow and plasma at the Construct's chest.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-"Right." Kairan stated as Zaydan nodded, and the two ran toward the upper stands. Kairan and Zaydan repeated the earlier attack, having noted that at least some effect had happened, even though they hadn't actually damaged it permanently.

IC Kayzata - East District Streets - Fighting Something: Apparently the beast could not escape the confines of Kayzata's shadow prison... he decided that shrinking the shadow ball to a much more portable size, and then taking it to someone who knew a bit about nanobots was a better idea than killing it. "You're coming with me, whatever you are," he said, reducing the size of the shadow ball to only half a bio in diameter, and storing the solidified ball of shadow somewhere in his cloak. "Now, who to take this to?" he asked himself, just as Phoenix flew in and landed atop his shoulder. "The view was AMAZING, you should have seen it, Kayz. Now, where are we going?" the bird asked. Kayzata elected not to tell his pet of the encounter or the fact that he had imprisoned the beast in a ball of solidified shadow, and was keeping it on his person. "We walk," he said, simply walking forward, down the street with no real destination just yet. OOC: I do hope I'm able to do this. :P-Kayzata

OOC: That was unexpected... :PIC - The Beast - ED Streets: The beast continued to struggle against its prison, its essence swirling around in the shadows and slamming into the walls of the spher, to no avail. It seemed that Kayzata had succeeded in capturing the construct.For now.IC - The Construct - Arena: The Construct was thrown off as parts of its body were severed or otherwise destroyed. Zanth and Rhindon's attack splashed across its chest, disintegrating what was essentially the thing's skin, revealing a black ribcage underneath and nothing more than a large heart wthin that; as it began to repair the damage, Kairan and Zaydan's attack struck its face, partially hitting the cross.While it didn't destroy the Construct or shut it down, it did stop the repairs being made to its chest. In retaliation, the Construct turned to look at the large group of contestants and warriors, slowing down as the gravity field took hold, though not compltely stopping it. Once more, a cross-shaped blast of energy burst forth, primed to destroy the entire group if they didn't move.At that moment, Kerid emerged from one of the entraces to the stands, to the right of where the group was. Narrowing her eyes, she moved forward, gripping her ax tightly.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC / Arena Control Room / Fighting the Virus:A big bad wolfie appearing in the middle of the room was not the best of things to happen when one was still being chased by a crazy Skakdi. Swerv could barely hear what the Wolf Man said over the generators that littered the room. The one closest to Swerv, which he pressed up against, getting out of the line of sight of the Virus, read “Antenna 11”.So these generators powered the antennas that allowed this computer to communicate wirelessly with the Day Run mainframe. Well, at least to Swerv’s mind they did. Really it was just a slice of code, but his imagination made it otherwise.Swerv could hear the wolf thing slobbering and lightly growling over the generators as it approached. No, wait. Swerv strained to listen but was interrupted as the Skakdi appeared in the doorway, from where Swerv could still be seen.Raising his arm and trying to electrocute the Skakdi did nothing, and then Swerv realized he had envisioned himself as a normal Toa. Trying to trap the Skakdi in stone proved worthless as well as Swerv realized he had no powers to utilize, only his staff and his skill.But hopefully this meant the Virus had no means of elemental attack. He wouldn’t wait to find out. Ducking behind another generator and heading deeper into the room revealed that it was much larger than he had originally thought. As he passed an opening between two generators, Swerv swore he saw the Wolf Guy suddenly turn in his direction. That was just creepy.But he had a hunch. Even over the generators, he had heard the wolfie growling and a faint gurgling coming from above. Coolant didn’t gurgle constantly, but water mostly did. If Swerv could find a water pipe to break open, he could flood the room and let the many generators electrify the water, hopefully killing the Virus apparitions.The only problem was getting out of the room without electrocuting himself. Ok, that was one problem. He still had to find a water pipe, if there was any. And he had to avoid Virus #1 and #2. So, really, there were many problems to deal with at the moment.Swerv began to move again. The Virus wolf being had seemed quicker than the Skakdi when following Swerv, but not engaging him. Both seemed to be very quick when they wanted to be, which was basically when they were attacking, but didn’t seem to be when pursuing him, which didn’t make much sense. He guessed this was now their home turf. Where could he, the intruder, go to that they didn’t know of?Swerv’s eyes widened in realization as the smell of grease entered his nose, could he be tracked by smell as well?

-==IC: KairanZaydan//Day Run Arena==-The two Toa ran to the left, in an attempt to avoid the huge blast that could possibly have killed them. In fact, they had only actually dodged it, because Zaydan had taken that moment to grab Kairan, and activate his Calix to acrobatically move out of the way. The Toa then looked to their right, at where the Construct was, and saw the 'heart'."I think maybe that might be it's weak spot..." Kairan stated, and sent another ac of lightning toward that, as Zaydan also sent a Rhotuka Wheel toward it. However, Kairan then smiled, as he got an idea, and generated a sphere of electricity in his hand, and then threw it toward the cross mark, remembering what had happened in the fight against Swerv earlier.OOC: Things gonna go boom. ... Anyone have spare Cordaks?

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak cursed as the Construct launched the attack; out of the corner of his eye he saw Kairan and Zaydan move out of the way, but nobody else was moving. Yelling, Vertak used his gravity to fling the others away from him before launching a beam of light directly at the heart. At the same time, Kairan and Zaydan were also attacking the Construct once more."Rhindon!" Vertak yelled as the beam closed in.-ibrow

IC: Team Comet: the Arena:Both Hexxon and Kaytana felt themselves fly into the air as their gravity was reduced. Reaching out with his power, he summoned Shadow to teleport himself, the Skakdi, and Calik into the higher stands, with the stands below them about to be destroyed. Seeing the opened chest of the Construct and the slowly healing layers that covered it, he aimed his sword. It crackled with black and purple energy as Hexxon focused his power. A beams of smoky darkness shot from it, the tip pointing and looking much like a dagger. Kaytana did the same, hurling an arrow filled with poisons, as well as a flurry of wood darts, tipped with a green liquid. Calik, Hexxon called. Draw heat from its head. We need to disable its mark.

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Arena/Fighting ConstructCalik nodded mentally, repeating the process from earlier, only this time, focusing almost exclusively on the creature's head. It was a struggle, sure, but he was constantly reminded of his allies risking their own lives fighting this thing. It was only right he help them in turn.OOC: Parugi, you sure know how to end things with a bang!-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Marx saw the beam heading toward them and he felt a shove from gravity in an upward direction. He did not see Vertak moving though and opened a shadow portal under him and teleported him out of the beams pathway and into a safer place in the stands. He flew upward with ease thanks to the gravity shove and launched a spear of solidified shadow at the constructs heart. He could tell it was important to the thing. It just looked that way to him.

Edited by infinitus

OOC: Thanks, Emissary. ^_^Kal: Just FYI that I can't reply to your IC atm.IC - The Construct - The Arena: As he knew that light and darkness would cancel each other out, Rhindon attacked with Zanth again, not combining his attack with Vertak's.As usual, the Construct raised an arm to block the attack from Kairan and Zaydan; the combined energy sheared through its hand, blocking it from hitting its heart. The other attack, also blocked, merely rolled off of its arm, however. As for the others - the heat absorption showed little to no effect; the nanobots were adapting to the heat drain.The storm of attacks from the others was a different story. Too slow due to the increased gravity, it was unable to stop the attacks from hitting its heart. They struck, and for a moment, the Construct stopped moving, the heart stopped beating. It seemed to have been beaten.Slowly, however, it moved again, its face mark lighting up. The heart started beating. Then, its arms raised, it retaliated. Beams of energy, exactly like those that had struck the organ, launched from holes that had appeared on its palms, shooting toward the contestants. The only attack that was not absorbed was the shadow and plasma attack that razed its shoulder a moment later, though the damage was quickly repaired.Needless to say, the heart had been a red herring -- one that the individual attacks had failed to destroy."My fellow combatants," Zanth called, his voice amplified by Rhindon. "I would like to repeat: Combine your attacks. These individual strikes aren't powerful enough to do any real damage to this thing."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: KairanZaydan//Day Run Arena==-The two Toa nodded, as they ran to the side once more to avoid the retaliation blow."So, looks like we definitely need to combine our attacks..." Kairan said, and smiled, as he thought up a plan."NOW!" Kairan yelled out, as he sent another 'wheel' arc at the face mark, Zaydan also sending an attack there, however, Kairan then motioned to the heart."Again!" Kairan shouted, as he sent a wheel arc at the heart. Zaydan hoped he could actually attack again, and sent another Rhotuka wheel at the second target, and although it was slightly destabilized, it was still headed toward the Construct with as much power as could be unleashed from the Rhotuka in that short amount of time.

IC: Hexxon: the Arena:The Shadow blade attack didn't seem to be as effective as Hexxon had hoped. Again he reached out withg his powers of darkness, shifting the three through shadows to avoid the energy assault. He brought them to even higher stands, but there didn't seem to be any more to go to after this.Calik, we need to combine shadow and fire into one blast at its heart, alond with Kaytana's elemental power. First, they would need the help of another. Hexxon telepathically scanned the surrounding area, trying to contact others so as to combine their abilities into a single attack.

IC: Marx saw what happened and that his attack had failed. He landed in the stands and tried to catch his breathe. Fatigue was setting in and he could not fight not longer like this. The heat was really getting unbearable and he was starting to get low on both of his elemental energies.

OOC: hai guise. So I have a treat for you guys over here in the form of some sketches of certain things from this RPG if you all are interested. For those fighting the Construct and want a visual for it -- well... there you go. :PIC - The Construct - Arena: The Construct calculated its movements against Kairan and Zaydan's attacks. Then it moved, placing its arm in the way of the first attack. It cleaved through the Construct's arm, protecting its face and causing the arm to fall...... straight into the path of the attack aimed at the heart, blocking that one, too. Regrowing its arm, it looked around. Then, raising its hand, it willed dozens of long, thing tentacles to shoot forth, each targeting one of its attackers, following after them and seeming to expand almost endlessly from its arm.Kerid raised her ax as a pair came toward her, deflecting them as they tried to ensnare her. Her eyes were narrowed, her jaw clamped shut, each movement deliberate. This thing was going to fall...IC - The Virus Apparitions - Computer: As Swerv walked by another generator, it shattered. Literally shattered. Unviolently, it exploded into atoms right next to him. That was odd. What was even odder was the lack of a wolf or Skakdi behind or near it; both seemed to have vanished.At least, that seemed to be the case... until the wolf dropped down from the cloud of darkness that hung around everywhere in the room, obscuring the ceiling. At any rate, the wolf dropped toward Swerv, aiming to pin his mental self down. On the computer, this would be seen as the virus attempted to issue a quarantine around the invasive program in its systems.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-"Alright, time for me to stop playing nice." Kairan stated, as he gripped his sword with two hands, and then swung it toward the vines; releasing a powerful wave of constant lightning energy at both the vines, and preferably the Construct, even as he dropped to a knee from the sudden release of energy. Zaydan decided to send off two Rhotuka wheels at the face mark alongside the wave of lightning that Kairan had released, but then grabbed his sword, and sliced out at the vines that tried to attack him, and also tried to protect Kairan from the vines while he recovered. Kairan looked up, and frowned, as he saw that."Why are you protecting me?" Kairan asked, and Zaydan chuckled."I'm a bodyguard... That's my job. Besides; it looks like we'll need everyone for this fight."

IC: Marx poured his willpower into his powers. He conjured a blade of shadow and sliced visiously at the oncoming tentacle from the construct. He held up his right hand and smoke rolled of it as a large fist of shadow appeared in front of the contruct. He punched at the air and the fist mirrored his punch only directly at the construct's face. He hoped the others would take the chance and attack together while he tried to draw its attention.

IC: Team Comet: the Arena:Hexxon slashed viciously at the oncoming tentacles with his blade, while Kaytana used her club-staff to fend off the ones nearing her. A few quickly prepared shadow assaults took care of any remaining apendages wiggling closer to him. His Skakdi partner seemed to be enjoying to fight, hacking with her metallic claws and weapons. She even seemed to rip one apart in her maw, shredding it with her razor-like teeth.Well, that's what he saw in the corner of his eye, but whether it was true or not it made him shake in disgust.

IC Kayzata - Day Run - Waiting: Kayzata knew that there was a match going on at the moment, and he knew that Vertak and Team Zero was participating in it. He elected to show them his prisoner, and see what they thought it was, or what it could be. OOC: Yurp. -Kayzata

OOC: @Skarloth: Awesome. Some new power.IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak found himself standing behind the Construct as it turned, blocking all the other attacks, including his beam of light. Seeing that a lot of shadow was being used, he elected not to use his light, and did his best to re-focus it into gravity. It seemed to work- sort of; it wasn't as good as it could've been, but Vertak began a wobbly float until he was over the Construct's head.Now, time to try a blast. He thought. He charged up, yelling: "ATTACK!"OOC: Assume that whenever the first player attacks again, Vertak does so as well.-ibrow