Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

OOC: Ok, Parugi, we both know I opened up a can of confusing with this battle. So just let me know if there's anything wrong with this. This isn't your average battle. :PIC / Arena Control Room / Fighting the Virus: That’s the thing about quarantines, they needed to encompass the entire program to shut it down, and he was accessing the hard drive from each wire and cable that was connected to it. Swerv grinned as he let the wolf knock him to the ground, along with taking out his breath. The things claws ripped into his armor, but he withheld a cry of pain and ignored the drool that dropped down onto his mask, after all, this was for show, he was not actually caught. What one could do when in a quarantine, now that it seemed to be attacking him and surrounding only him, was to desperately try to escape. But Swerv was never actually trapped. He just switched which cable he was sending commands and code into. Now that he did, he essentially registered as a new user and was able to catch the unaware virus by surprise and trap its now vulnerable quarantine. Unfortunately the only way to do that was to embed a little code after network connection 37’s extensive list of commands to cut it off from all transmissions to the other parts of the system, essentially coding the connection into a dead end that could no longer be accessed, not even by Swerv. This was probably for the best, as then the Virus trapped inside could not call for help or even be helped. But the Virus would also be alive on the system as long as it was not formatted. These actions of coding caused Swerv to dissolve under the wolf’s grip and reappear a short distance away. The Wolf instantly jumped to its feet and raced towards the Toa. Swerv swung his staff diagonally up into the large tube above generator 37, which housed the cables that ran power up to the antenna above, and cut right through it. The hollow pipe slid down due to the weight from above and perfectly fell right over the wolf’s head as it tried to get at Swerv. The tube continued to force itself down over the wolf and Swerv sliced at the thing’s legs as it tried to squirm away. With the tube covering down over the wolf’s shoulders, Swerv took his staff and jammed it into the heart of generator 37. A second later, generator 37, along with the pipe running up to the now non-existent antenna, and the Virus wolf, were gone, with no proof to their existence. Swerv glanced up at the fog of darkness that had gathered after he had been in the room for awhile. Now where was that Skakdi?

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Arena/Fighting ConstructA sudden wall of flame erupted between Team Comet and the tentacles. Calik grunted from the exertion, and ground his teeth. If he could get to the Garage, he might be able to grab the Ragnorak. If he could do that, combined with the Team Crests.Team Crests explode when they're tampered with. If someone could transport enough Crests into the Construct, blow them up, it could at least stall the thing so the others could finish it.Calik tried to clear his mind, transferring that plan to Hexxon, along the message: Hold it off long enough for me to grab my wheels.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Construct/Zanth/Rhindon/Kerid/others - Arena: A whirlwind of shadow disintegrated the majority of the tentacles reaching for Zanth and Rhindon. The Team Zero leader, taking advantage of the distractions toward the Construct, aimed his maces as well as Rhindon at the Construct's head again, launching a blast of combined energy at the same time as Vertak. Even as it turned the symbol on its head upward to face Vertak, the energy shot toward its chin; if it hit, it would destroy the crest from behind.The Construct, meanwhile, had taken note of Vertak. With him above it, it shifted the position of its mark to face the airborne Matoran, gathering energy to fire at him.At the same time, Kerid, too, had noted Vertak. Knocking the tentacles away, she launched a blast of energy upward; it arched down as it neared the Construct, providing a blast of energy for Vertak to combine with his own.IC - The Virus - Computers: Swerv's question was answered when the ground beneath his feet appeared to turn to water, and the Skakdi erupted from beneath him. As soon as it had cleared the floor and knocked him down, the ground solidified; then it aimed to spear him in the gut.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: KairanZaydan//Day Run Arena==-Kairan and Zaydan noticed what happened, and also noticed the different blasts headed toward the mark. Kairan didn't say anything, and instead, sent a bolt of lightning flying toward the Mark, even as Zaydan unleashed a Rhotuka wheel at it.If we combine our powers on that face mark, hopefully the thing will be destroyed, unlike the attack on the heart of it... Kairan thought, as he frowned slightly.

IC: Team Comet: the Arena:Wait! shouted Hexxon in Calik's mind. Fire at the cross mark now! The ebon and dark gold-armored being aimed his blade at the Construct's mark, unleashing a concentrated blast of Shadow. Kaytana launched her own attack on the creature's face, firing her eyebeams and poison arrows and darts. Her powers, along with Hexxon's, would follow Zanth's, Rhindon's, Vertak's, Kairan's, Zaydan's, and Kerid's assaults. The energy and arrow blasts combined, awaiting Calik's fire to join as they headed for the Construct.

IC - The Construct - Arena: There was no need to wait for Calik. Shadow combined with plasma combined with poison combined with electricity and energy and light and scores of other types of energy as everyone used the Construct's distracted state to their advantage. As Vertak continued to float above it, it prepared to fire its destructive eye beam at him; Kairan and Zaydan's attacks from earlier, however, shattered its concentration, shearing through its shoulders at the same time that the fist of shadow from Marx hit it, knocking its aim completely off. The blast struck the dome again, creating another, final hole.It had no time to recover, however. Those attacks that had been launched earlier cut through it, slicing into its head and neck. Then more attacks came, more and more, each of them combined with another and as such possessing enough power to cut through its body. It twisted and shifted as the destructive attacks tore holes in its body, most of them cutting directly through parts of the cross-shaped face mark and disabling its regenerative abilities further. Finally, a beam of energy slashed through the bottom of its damaged jaw, drilling through its head and straight through the center of the cross.The Construct stopped moving, slouching over. Electricity seemed to bounce and jump across its body. Then, weakly, it lifted its shattered face, staring in Kerid's direction. Even from a distance, she could see the large, black and red eye that had been hidden beneath it, bloodshot as it stared toward her. Parts of the thing's body began to disintegrate, starting at the bottom of its arms and working its way up.A mouth tore open in its face, and it let out a monstrous, unearthly scream, more than enough to stun everyone in the room. It shattered, what seemed to be dust falling in curtains toward the rapidly cooling magma below, which began to turn back into solid stone.Amidst the dust was a soft, blue sphere of energy. It floated there for only a moment before dispersing, the remains of the Construct disappearing at last.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/ArenaCalik stared in amazement at the massive gap where the Construct once stood. Only a fleeting glow of blue, a cloud of dust, and the remnants of it's death scream remained.He looked around, watching each of the fighters. Each of them had risked life and limb to combat that fearsome beast. Putting aside any differences to protect each other. Calik could have shouted out at that moment, take each one in turn and thank them for fighting. To look into each of their eyes and call them 'Brother' or 'Sister'.'Huh,' was the only word he could come up with.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-Kairan panted, as he held his sword to the side, and then nodded, as he put his sword onto his back."Well done." Kairan called out, a smile on his face.But what caused that thing to appear and go haywire...?OOC: Good job, everyone. =)

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak had gotten to enjoy precisely five seconds of victory before plummeting to his doom, all of his powers spent. And with everybody busy celebrating, he wasn't so sure he was going to be saved.That was when the Tumbler came flying through the hole in the roof- Vertak wasn't sure how it'd even drive itself all the way there, let alone get onto the roof, but it had. It opened, and a Ko-Matoran leapt out, coming for Vertak. A very familiar Matoran."Djoser...." Vertak groaned.The Ko-Matoran grabbed him, freezing a solid ramp of ice below them. The two Matoran took it and flew into the air, crashing into the stands as the Tumbler landed nearby."Vertak." the Ko-Matoran nodded, standing to his feet. "Long time no see, my friend. You've been pretty successful.""So I hear." Vertak responded, remaining amongst the wreckage of seats he'd landed in."I am impressed that you've been able to avoid the Dark Hunters for so long...." Djoser began, approaching. "But I've been sent to bring you back."Vertak scowled."However, I was surprised to find that an AI in the vehicle I just drove was named after me." Djoser glanced to the Tumbler, and then back to Vertak. "And wasw extremely impressed to hear what you've done within the past week alone.""What I've done is none of your business." Vertak snapped, struggling to his feet. "Rhindon'll kill you if I say he needs to. You can't make me go back.""I'm not going to take you back yet." Djoser responded. "I'd like to help. And perhaps if I feel we've done a good enough job, I'll be going back alone."IC: Djoser, Day Run Arena:Of course, Djoser had failed to tell Vertak that he wasn't planning on helping him; this Ring sounded more like his cup of tea... and this Heart sounded like Djoser might be able to become the most powerful being in the universe.And thank goodness for my mental shields. Djoser told himself mentally. Yes, this is the perfect place to go all-out villain.-ibrow

Edited by iBrony

IC: Marx saw the construct fall apart after it was defeated. He was relieved it was finally defeated. But would the match go on? Would it be rescheduled? He hoped not. He was tired. Maybe a few hours of meditating in the shadows would help. He landed in the stands and just sort of stood there in shock of what just happened.

OOC: All right... Since this day has been going on OOCly for like, forever, and everything important has been taken care of, I'm going to go ahead and get the next day started. See bottom OOC for additional information on what to do with stuff that we didn't have time for.IC - Arena Group - Arena: Kerid lowered her ax as the Construct disintegrated, her expression one of concern as she took in the damage that had been dealt to the building. A number of holes were still present in the dome some of them slowly repairing themselves; as well, several sections of the stands were completely destroyed, exposed cables, wires and rails jutting out of the damaged metal. The Day Run guards still present continued to launched Repair Kanoka at the damaged areas. Above, the remaining Recorders floated in the air, unmoving, like silent ghosts.What could have caused something like this to happen?"Ma'am." The Steltian looked at the Day Run captain as he approached. He saluted her."Captain Sayda," she said, nodding at him. "Give me a status report.""The threat is taken care of, at least for now," Sayda answered. "Structural damage in the stands has been isolated mainly in Sections A, I, K and U; the dome managed to stay relatively undamaged despite the Construct blasting through all of the Protosteel layers. All of it is being repaired as we speak.""Any idea about what caused the rampancy to occur?""No," Sayda said. "We're still looking into it, and we have yet to exchange information with Ehjoras. Tryuna suspects internal foul play.""Obviously," Kerid said grimly, looking out upon the Arena again, her arms crossed. "our defenses are too strong for external hacking. Whoever did this had access either to our computers or to the nanobots themselves; it could have been anyone from an engineer to a contestant." She sighed. "We'll figure it out. Clear the area and finish repairs; I want this place inspected and cleaned up by tomorrow. Tell them to head to the infirmary if they need it. If they refuse... force them out. I'm in no mood to argue with anyone."Sayda nodded. "It will be done." He turned, using the control panel on his arm to issue commands to the rest of the guards. Kerid, meanwhile, looked at the stone field, and then turned her gaze to the gathered contestants. She had an idea of who might have done this, though she couldn't be sure. Not yet.Regardless, until she knew for certain, she wouldn't take any chances. Activating her own communicator, she spoke to her head engineer."The situation down here is taken care of, Ehjoras," she reported. "Do whatever you can to trap that virus and then meet me in my office; we have a serious security issue that needs to be discussed."IC - The Virus/Ehjoras - Day Run Computers/Control Booth: The Virus suddenly froze as it attempted to spear Swerv. Evidently it had sensed the Construct's defeat, for it suddenly shifted to another spot, putting itself in a neutral position. Then the deformed Skakdi smiled, a twisted expression on its warped face."You win for now," it hissed. "But the fun's only just begun, little Toa." The Skakdi's body warped and twisted, mist enveloping its body. The virtual-slash-mental room turned a sickly green; on the computer, an image appeared of a frighteningly familiar, skeletal being, mouth twisted into a monstrous smile. "I'll be back... and when I return, I'm bringing the devil himself along with me."The Collector's chilling laugh sounded as a small cloud of green mist floated out of the computer, purifying Swerv's mental image of the system. The mist was only enough for the monster's head to appear outside of the system; it turned to look at Ehjoras, the frightened Matoran falling over a chair as he backed away from the thing. It grinned at him, eyes flashing before it dispersed, exiting the building.Ehjoras clutched at his heart, looking at his PDA. The systems were open again, free for him to access; he sighed in relief, activating the arena clearance command. The now-stone covered field dissolved, the nanobots returning to the machine that they had first come from."The situation down here is taken care of, Ehjoras," Kerid's voice suddenly said over the comm. "Do whatever you can to trap that virus and then meet me in my office; we have a serious security issue that needs to be discussed."He fumbled with the device, and then answered. "Virus... p-purged," he said. " It was the.... the Collector, Kerid. It just... left the system. R-reactivating systems now..."IC - Zanth/Rhindon/? - Arena: "Is there a problem here?" Zanth asked as he approached Vertak and Djoser. He flipped Rhindon over, allowing the sword to float into Vertak's hands hilt-first. "Not bad." He grunted as he took a seat, gripping his side. "Ow... A bit of advice, don't let big things hit you. Or grab you. Or touch you at all."He yawned, and then opened his eye in surprise as the familiar sensation of teleportation overtook his senses, as well as those of everyone else in the Arena who was not a Day Run guard -- including Eryn and the Tumbler, both of which appeared in the garage. Zanth looked around in surprise as he appeared in the infirmary, though his unasked question was answered as the loudspeakers turned on."The Arena is temporarily closed to all non-Day Run Guard members and engineers," a tournament staff member announced. "Until further notice, no one is to be permitted entry into the area. Thank you for your cooperation."The speakers had not been off for a moment before Ehjoras took to them. "Eryn and Night Run veterans, that includes you. Stay out while we get this figured out. Thanks!"Zanth stared up at the speakers in surprise, though didn't say anything. The infirmary nurses moved about quickly, applying Repair and Heal Kanoka to everyone as quickly as they could; Zanth didn't so much as grimace as he felt his ribs repairing themselves.Another nurse approached Vertak with something else, however. It was a sort of data pad, on which was written a message."Excuse me," he said to the Matoran. "This is for you." He handed the message to Vertak before walking off. The message was relatively simple, being short and quick to the point. What it meant, however, would be difficult for basically everyone else to understand.Nicely done against the Construct.Plans derailed, however. If you want that information on the Ring/KNPD, come to remains of Kiyara Labs, S. Dist., Vlied and 16th street tomorrow.~The VoiceIC - Lurinost/The Director - KNPD HQ...?: Lurinost moved in darkness. Normally, when seeking to speak with the Director, an officer of the KNPD would approach him through... public means. The same way everyone would, no matter the topic being discussed. Now, however, was not a normal occasion, and as such Lurinost felt the need to approach him differently. To speak with his real self.Perhaps that was a bit of an overstatement, she realized as she walked, the darkness slowly getting thicker and thicker. It was impossible even for her or other beings of shadow to 'see' him in this room, so thick was the dark. It was unnatural; as if the Director was the only one who was supposed to see in here. But that was beside the point; she needed to speak with him and the main meeting room was clogged with a group seeking permission to make an example of a rebel's body. That was all that she knew.She entered through the single, mechanical door at the end of the underground hall, taking a few steps inside before coming to a halt. Behind her, the door closed, effectively trapping the officer. There was silence for the longest time, and no sign of anything being there. A few moments later, however, a red light had appeared in the very center of the room, a perfectly circular ray of light that shone down on her. It seemed to move with her and she moved several feet closer, and then bowed before saluting."Sir," Lurinost said. "You'll be glad to hear that the lead we found was reliable; Sanshou and I have found a way into the Garden and now seek further instruction."The Director was silent, the red light seeming to dilate and then focus again on Lurinost. "Is that all that you found...?" he asked. The KNPD leader's voice seemed to emenate from all around the room, reverating off of what seemed to be a high ceiling and large walls. It almost hurt Lurinost's ears.Her smiled flickered for a moment. "I suppose not," she said after a moment. "When we arrived there were a pair of strange characters being chased by a group of... things. Our guide referred to them as 'fehrshak'; he didn't elaborate after that, but I got the feeling that they weren't friendly.""Mmm..." The Director was silent again. "Fehkshak... weeds among the grand fruit of the Garden... problematic nonetheless...""So... what do you think we should do?" Lurinost asked."They will prove to be an obstacle... but they can be dealt with," the Director said. "Eight days from now... that will be enough time to put together a... search force. We will scour the Garden for the second piece of the Heart, overwhelm the weeds with our own powers. Then it will end..." The circle of red shifted. "Spread the word. The war is almost over..."Lurinost nodded, saluting again as she turned to leave. The light from the circle illuminated the door; from there, she exited, heading back to the surface.Curious... So he expects things to go that quickly, that smoothly... I suppose I ought to prepare, then.GM: And now... the next day will officially start.IC - Kerid/Ehjoras - Arena: Ehjoras stood in the elevator leading to Kerid's office, waiting as it steadily climbed up to the suspended room. He was tired from last night; after watching the Collector leave the system and restoring its functions, he had watched as the guards shooed Swerv out of the place. From there he had had to repair everything in the control room -- made easier through the Repair Kanoka -- and reprogram a number of programs, on top of reconfiguring security within the entire Day Run network to ensure it wouldn't happen again.The fact that it happened at all, that something so dangerous had been turned loose due to his creations, bothered the Pha-Matoran. It had been bad enough with the Collector; now the Day Run's own nanobots were being hacked into and transformed into abominations, into monsters completely willing to kill. That made him shiver more so than did the cold of Kai-Nam or the nightmares back on Gynel.He sighed as the door opened and he stepped inside of the office, moving to take a seat in front of Kerid's desk...IC - Tournament Billboards - Throughout Day Run: Crowds were gathered around several of the billboards stationed throughout the Day Run grounds. It appeared that, on top of the mysterious events during the match yesterday, Teams Wing, Vigil, Zero, Comet, Superior, Slight and Tech had all gained roughly 500 to 1000 Credits. That was certainly out of the ordinary...As well, a new announcement had come up: A tournament match had been announced, a special Capture the Flag game, worth an unusually large amount of Credits: 600, as well as an additional prize to the person who retrieved the flag and won their team the game. A large number of team spots were open, though the game would not start until much later, presumably so as to allow time for people to get things done beforehand.IC - Tarius - Blue Mukau Inn: The cold, pale light of dawn shone on the Toa of Magnetism through the window he sat next to, a pipe in his mouth and a plate in front of him as he read the paper. It was nearing the meeting time; the others would arrive soon. And once they did, once they finally moved out and acquired the Eyes...He smiled, taking a drink of his coffee. Soon...IC - Crowd - Central: On top of the crowds at the Day Run, another, large crowd was gathering in Central, around the front of the KNPD headquarters -- and they were not excited, at least not in a good way. The domed citadel had been known for its bland appearance, its clean slate -- a symbol of what the organization was meant to be. Now, however, something had tarnished that clean appearance, giving off a new signal, one of power, of absoluteness, indicating an ironfisted view on its position as the 'rulers' of Kai-Nam.Pinned to the large, flat arch above the repaired main entrance was the broken body of a Toa, dried blood on his mouth, snow gathered on his shoulders and outsretched arms. His hands held him aloft, stretched out to either side of his body, his feet dangling limply underneath him, free in the air.It was Toa Dodera, former bounty hunter for the Guild of Tyis. Underneath him, stared at by his lifeless eyes, gathered a large group of KNPD officers. What they were there for, no one could be certain, but they're posture and angry voices gave at least some indication that they were not meant to be a peace force -- especially as, in the center of the group, Sanshou and several other Tyis members stood, weapons drawn and rapidly turning as the other officers threatened to take them down.IC - ? - ?: Off the coast of Kai-Nam, a pair of medium-sized ships cut through the seas. They had waited for several days now to prepare, to get their wits together, finalizing their preparations and training for this mission. Now was the time to make it happen and get the job done...Unapproached by KNPD ships, they headed toward Kia Island, the ten beings aboard the ships mentally preparing themselves for the death sentence that had been placed upon them.OOC: So yeah; looots of stuff going on today. For those wondering, if you were planning on having a conversation with another person following the Construct's defeat, then feel free to either play it out via IC (Past) or talk about it and figure it out OOCly and have someone write a flashback post for it. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone, but I know there was more than one person waiting for this day to start. ^-^Also, just a note of warning -- this day is going to utilize a lot of NPCs in combat, most likely; the Sanshou IC is a clear indicator of that. So if you guys could treat NPCs as you would actual players for this day and those following it whenever you get into combat situations, it'd be greatly appreciated -- don't write them off as not being powerful, don't autohit/dodge/whatever. They're skilled enough to hit you and potentially kill you in most cases. Just keep that in mind. :)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Main Hall==-Kairan walked into the hall, and looked at the announcement that had been put up, and then smiled."Hey, Alan, we entering this event?" Kairan asked over the Team Crest, as he looked at the Capture the Flag event.OOC: Dunno what to do with Zaydan right now, have him appear where he should be... I remember something about a lab, but don't know if it's happening now or what. =PAlso, Sanshou IC? Is that the one I vaguely remember from the other day?

IC: Team Comet: Day Run:Team Comet stood on the Day Run grounds, both reading the billboard messages of the next competition. Hexxon gripped his staff in one hand, while he stoked the rigged chin of his Kanohi. Kaytana's crimson eyes moved from right to left as she read the words stating the prize of the match. "Think we'll be able to enter after the last match?" she asked excitedly. Her partner was silent for a few moments. He had some work to get done, but maybe he could fit this into his schedule. "There's only one way to find out," he said, turning away from the board. The Skakdi followed, leaving a trail of plants as she did so. If one were to trace that path, a few mintues worth of walking would reveal that it lead to the Registration building. After the defeat of the Construct, Kaytana felt empowered, even if others had a hand in its demise. Without her posion and powers, they might have not stopped it. Or, that's was she believed. Hexxon, despite having the match not go the way he expected, decided it was good training. Once they saw if they could enter the competition, then he would be off to the KNPD headquarters. It was getting to the time where he needed to meet with his boss, and maybe some fellow officers. Kaytana had plans, too, to meet with her own superior.

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Registration OfficeCalik was just about to enter the registration office, when he saw two very familiar faces.'Hexxon! Kaytana! Good to see you guys,' he said excitedly,'Team Comet signing up for this match as well?'IC: Delta Stratos and Lux Saran - Blue Mukau InnThe door swung open to reveal to Matoran, one considerably more excited to be there than the other. Lux hadn't been particularly enthralled with the idea of leaving their business and going off on a treasure hunt. But Delta could be pretty insistent when she wanted to be.Delta pulled up a chair to the table Tarius was at, where as Lux leaned against the back wall, looking very uncomfortable.'Are we late?'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Wow, that was a long post.IC: Marx was teleported and for the first time that he was whole, too. He did not like it. The artifial feel of their teleporter machines. It made him angry and dizzy. He was now sitting in a bed and was getting scanned by a Toa with some machine. The Toa looked very confused at the readouts and said, "Um, I really don't know what I am looking for here. Are you okay?" Marx replied, "I am fine if not a bit fatigued." "Okay then I think you are clear to leave." The Toa walked off to check on other patients. Marx got up made sure he had his weapons and his team crest and walked out. Once outside he opened a shadow portal and walked through it. He appeared in the garage. SOl was sleeping on the couch. He said, "Hey Sol we got five hundred points for helping with some techincal diffculties at the arena. I am going to rest a bit. Later we came do something okay?" Sol grumbled something that sounded like 'okay thanks' and went back to sleep. Marx sat on the floor and faded into the background shadows to meditate and rest is body.IC: Slate had fallen asleep in a bed in an inn but he woke in a snow bank. His armor covered in what looked like blood and dirt. He could not remember what happened. He was in some snowy alleyway not to far from the Blue Mukau Inn. He took handfull of snow and used them to clean his armor. He then found his sword stabbed through a dumpster and took it out and clean it off. He steathed his blade and made his way to the inn.

IC: Vertak, Day Run Infirmary (Past):After spotting Djoser across the room and in no position to force his way towards them-for a moment- Vertak had shown Zanth the data pad."Looks like I get a good night's sleep after all." he'd said. "Thank goodness... I think I'd have died. Wonder what cancelled their plans, though...."IC: Vertak, The Tumbler, Heading Towards Kiyara Labs, S. Dist., Vlied and 16th street: It was a bit of a tight fit inside the Tumbler with Vertak, Rhindon, and Djoser, but not to the point of being uncomfortable. After the best sleep he'd had in weeks (and doing so in the presence of Rhindon), Vertak felt almost as good as new- if things went wrong, he'd be able to get himself out- hopefully- with little problems."Kayzata," He said, speaking via the Tumbler to Kayzata's Team Crest, "Meet me at Kiyara Labs- it's South District, Vlied and 16th Street. We're meeting my friend at last."Turning to Djoser and Rhindon, he spoke again."Rhindon, you'll come with me." He informed them. "Djoser, you wait outside. And I swear, if you do anything to the Tumbler while I'm gone, I will kill you."Vertak tried to ignore the fact that out of a grudging respect for this Ko-Matoran he'd named an AI after him; Djoser being here couldn't be good news for him at all.-ibrow

IC Kayzata - East District, Blue Mukau Inn - Talking to Tarius: Kayzata stood atop the roof of the Blue Mukau Inn, he had just been contacted by Vertak, and he needed to leave; which, in turn, meant that he would have to abandon the quest that he was going to go on. I no longer have the time to assist you, I have other duties to fulfill at the moment, Kayzata said to Tarius mentally, turning his Team Crest on to contact Vertak through the Tumbler. "I'll be there," he said, turning off the device, and leaping into the sky, spreading his wings out and flying off toward the South District. -Kayzata

IC: Vertak, Arriving At the location:The Tumbler pulled to a halt in front on the building. Vertak turned to Djoser."I was serious about what I said earlier." he told the Ko-Matoran. "Don't. Try. Anything."He climbed out of the Tumbler with Rhindon, ignoring Djoser's smirk, and checked himself over. A new cloak, dagger, chain, hammer, and shield were all on him- though he did miss his old equipment (after all, it'd been with him since the Dark Hunters), he had to admit this new stuff was of a much higher quality. His armour, as he'd expected, wasn't going to be purple ever again. After an hour of rigorous cleaning, the nurses in the Day Run Infirmary had only managed to turn it iron gray. Vertak didn't mind- his ability to hide in the shadows was improved because of it.He pulled his shield into a defensive position as he waited for Kayzata to arrive.IC: Djoser, The Tumbler:Djoser sat back as Vertak left the vehicle, chuckling. Wary of me. Too wary. Yes, I certainly have ruined what was a valuable friendship. He thought, shrugging. Not that I really care. Although to think he named an AI after me... I must have done much indeed to earn his respect.-ibrow

OOC: No sense in waiting. :P IC Kayzata - South District - Nearing Vertak's location: Kayzata flew over the South District, searching the minds of the beings below to create a map of the District he was flying over. He quickly found the fastest route to the location Vertak had mentioned(a straight line, basically), and realized that it was relatively close to him. He spotted the Tumbler from the air, and teleported to it, appearing next to Vertak in a split second. "Alright, I'm here," he said, looking down at Vertak, he noticed that he armor color had changed from purple to iron-grey. "Changed your armor, I see," he said, although the armor looked exactly the same, with only the color being different. -Kayzata

OOC: Sorry for the delay, everyone.ibrow/Skarloth: Don't forget that South District is basically abandoned. :PBlade: There's a search feature to refresh your memory... :PAnd I was talking about the Sanshou IC in my last post. The one with the crowd. :3IC - Eilxa - Registration Office: Eilxa looked up in surprise at the Team Comet/Slight members. "You're still here?" she asked. "That's... really shocking, actually..." She entered their teams into the system, registering them for the event.IC - Tarius - Blue Mukau Inn: Tarius nodded in greeting at the two Matoran and Chyff as they entered. "No... you aren't late," he answered Delta, taking another sip of his drink. "You're a bit early, as a matter of fact..." He looked at a nearby clock, raising an eyebrow above his mismatched eyes. "I certainly hope our other three party members are on their way... I'd hate to leave without them... Two minutes..."He hadn't responded to Kayzata upon receiving his mental message -- partially because he had not entirely heard it, though also because there wasn't a need to answer. If he couldn't come, he couldn't come, and that was that.IC - Rhindon - Kiyara Labs: As Kayzata and Vertak exchanged words, Rhindon did a bit of preliminary probing inside of the building. To his surprise he detected only one being in there, a mind completely devoid of hostility. That was a welcome surprise considering everything that tended to happen on this island...What was curious, however, was that the being was rather small... yet their mind, the power within them... that was great... Certainly curious...OOC: And that be all for now; I need to get the RPG edited and submitted into the contest...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Ooh, I missed that. That's what I get for posting at one in the morning. -_-' I see now.-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Central==-Kairan didn't get an actual response, and so just walked forward anyway."I would like to enter the match on behalf of my Team, Team Wing." Kairan said, as he approached the registration desk.

IC: Vertak, South District:Vertak started when Rhindon relayed what he'd discovered."Powerful in the mind?" he questioned, glancing at Kayzata. "Hopefully my barriers can stand up to any attack- though if this guy really isn't hostile...."Then Vertak clued in to another possibility."I don't think an enemy would necessarily be hostile." he pointed out. "I'd say we be careful- as in Kayzata, be ready to get us out if he attacks. Wait out here, keep in touch with me telepathically."With that said, Vertak and Rhindon entered the building.-ibrow

Previous Day|Alan/Arena, With ZanthIC:

So it was done? That was weird. He didn't even realize it. Nevertheless, the Construct was incapacitated. Now there was Zanth, whom the kasuba saw leaving the scene. Not wanting to miss this opportunity, he unfurled his wings and dashing toward where the member of Team Zero was. "Hey, Zanth! Wait! I have something to request of you."

Eryn/Day Run Facilities, LobbyIC:

Well, that would work perfectly fine. "Maybe not perfect..." muttered Eryn to herself as she inspected her makeshift secondary body. She had been able to hook up everything back to her main body. Of course, the body wasn't pretty, but it would work. Now to see if kerid had any ideas on hooking the network with her systems again. She had managed to back up a lot of info, but this was mostly useless if she couldn't access the systems anymore...With this thought, she transferred to the new secondary body and, unused to it, stumbled into the lobby and towards the desk. With a clank, she tripped and fell forward towards Eilxa's desk. Thankfully, she was able to keep from knocking anything on the desk off the surface. Well, a pencil went rolling, but that was negligible. "Good, er, morning Eilxa. I, uh, well, I haven't gotten used to this new body yet. I assume that Mistress Kerid is in her office?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC Kayzata - Kiyara Labs - Waiting: Kayzata also sensed the powerful mind in the building, and decided to tap on its mental door, just to see who was there, and what they were doing in the building. He did not speak to whoever it was, he only attempted to read their mind, waiting to see what would happen. If Vertak and Rhindon were attacked, even though the being was not hostile, Kayzata could leap in mentally and stop this being, or at least delay it from attacking his allies. Kayzata was known for his vast mental abilities, as well as his physical prowess in melee and elemental combat, he could only wait and see if he and this being were evenly matched. -Kayzata

IC: Slate ran for the Blue Mukau Inn. He feared he would be late and miss the adventure. It was the only reason he was doing this after all. As he rushed passed a mirrored glass window he noticed something he should not have seen. Or at least he thought he saw. It was his old friend but as he turned and looked he saw no one. He walked into the Inn and walked to the meeting room. He said, "I am here and ready to go."

IC - Eilxa - Registration Office: "You guys are all insane if you're still here after yesterday," Eilxa sighed, typing on the computer. "Well, whatever. Team Wing entered." She looked up at Eryn. "Hi, Eryn. Kerid's in, but she's in a meeting with Ehjoras. They're discussing security... apparently. Look!" She turned her monitor around, a pouting look on her face. "Can you believe this? My mainframe access has been restricted -- and apparently I'm not the only one! They must've taken that intrusion personally."She turned the computer around, sighing. "Oh well. Hopefully things'll settle down soon. Though I'd love to know what actually happened."IC - Tarius - Blue Mukau Inn: Tarius looked up at Slate as he entered. He nodded again, glancing back at the clock. It wasn't long before the Skakdi and Vortixx appeared, one from the stairs and one from the doorway.Tarius set down his mug, having drained it completely. Pushing his chair away, he stood up, brushing off his cape. "It seems we are gathered," he said. "Come. The sooner we find those jewels, the sooner you get paid..." He headed out, assuming the others would follow behind, and headed toward the outskirts of town.IC - The Voice - Kiyara Labs: What Kayzata found was the surface of a vast ocean of knowledge and information; even the depth of the first layer was astounding. Once more, there were no hostile intentions; this was definitely the voice from earlier, and he intended to talk, nothing more.As Rhindon and Vertak entered the building, Rhindon immediately detected the Voice's body. It was surprisingly small in comparison to his mental power; that was certainly odd. And there weren't even any shape shifting capabilities! But where was he, exactly?The question was answered as the took a few more steps into the building. Around a corner, in a broken down room, a small, almost Matoran-sized being stood, staring out a window. He held a staff in his hand, on which he leaned heavily. From the back they could not see his face, though his armor, white and orange in appearance, gave away his element, while his stature made his species obvious.The Voice -- the bearer of that powerful mind, the endless store of energy -- was a Turaga.IC/Past - Zanth - Exiting Infirmary: Zanth didn't slow as Alan called to him, assuming the Kasuba could catch up with him; they were, after all, in the infirmary, and it wasn't exactly a huge place."What can I do for you?" he asked as the Team Wing leader approached.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Oh wow. =O-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Central==-Kairan chuckled at Eilxa's comment about being insane, but one of the reasons he was going to at least try to join this match, was so that something like what happened the day before could be prevented again. If all the most powerful teams were there like the day before, then it's easy to fend off an attack like with the Construct, Kairan figured.OOC: /EDIT: Accidentally hit post before I typed this in... Where should Zaydan be, in order to join up with Zanth? I know it was a lab somewhere, but I'm trying to remember which lab it was. >>'

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

IC: Vertak, Kiyara Labs: Vertak knocked softly on the door frame leading into the room, noting that this was a Turaga of Plasma."You called me." he announced. "I'm the Matoran Vertak, and this is Rhindon."He shifted his shield into a more casual position on his forearm, so that he didn't have to hold on to it. This Turaga definitely wasn't hostile, but who knew what could happen. With the last few days still fresh in his memory, Vertak wasn't prepared to believe that nothing would attack them, or that nothing would disturb the meeting.Kayzata. He thought, projecting his thoughts. It's a Turaga. No need to read his mind. He'll tell me what I need to know. Make sure to keep an eye on the Tumbler, however. Djoser'll have mental shielding like me, but you can see to it that he doesn't run off.-ibrow

IC Kayzata - Kiyara Labs - Waiting: I will leave you two and the elderly one alone, and I shall keep my eyes on Djoser, Kayzata said to Vertak, but he still kept tabs on the building and the three inside it, watching the Tumbler as well. OOC: I really wish I could have taken the other quest, with Tarius. XP But sadly Kayzata isn't as cold as he used to be. :P -Kayzata

OOC: Blade: Sigh. Making me do all the searching. :PThe place was Shelkov Laboratory, North District. Zanth did not specify a time; once ToD replied and we get a time for the meeting between him and Alan, we'll be able to figure out a specific time for him and Zaydan. :3IC - Tarius/Darian/Deskun - Streets of City: Tarius led the others forward in silence, his eyes set on the road. Others glanced at the Toa uncomfortably as he passed, averting their gaze; his mismatched eyes took no notice of them. Most likely it was either those, the slight limp in his walk, rot he crowd of treasure hutners behind him that was off-putting to people."So..." he said at length, glancing over his shoulder. "I don't believe... that I caught all of your names or abilities yesterday evening... For those that have forgotten or can't tell, my name is Tarius... I'm a Toa of Magnetism...""What? Do you doubt our ability to fight off a couple of Niaka?" the Skakdi asked, snorting in disbelief.Tarius shook his head. "I prefer to work with the most skilled operatives I can find," he answered. "Ever heard of The Gentleman? The legendary Tyis bounty hunter, who for thousands of years never lost a duel? He's a close friend of mine... And then there was The Mime, the silent Artanian... and The Paladin..." He looked at the Skakdi. "Believe it or not... I led their bounty-slash-treasure hunting group at one point... before this happened..." He put a finger under his pink eye, giving the implication that it was damaged. He looked forward again. "So remember that before you make assumptions... I can do more than I appear capable of....""Right," the Skakdi said. "In that case... my name's Deskun. Obviously I'm a Skakdi of Stone." He gestured to his armor. "And I've got a couple of special abilities -- Tracker Vision and flare-casting, specifically." Tarius nodded, and then looked at the green Vortixx."Darian," he answered. Darian possessed no weapons; when Tarius inquired about this, however, he raised a hand. "I don't need them." Without looking at his hand, the appendage turned silvery in color, transforming into a sort of liquid that then reshaped into a long blade. He shifted it back. "I can do that -- and more -- with the rest of my body.""Interesting..." Tarius said, beginning to walk again. "What of the rest of you?"IC - Turaga - Kiyara Labs, South District: The Turaga didn't turn around at Vertak's announcement. "I figured it was you," he said, his voice a perfect match for the one that had contacted the Matoran earlier. "Take a seat; we have much to discuss, and perhaps not enough time to discuss it."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC / The Past / The Present:Swerv re-entered his body and left the control room without a fuss, although he could have just stayed in the computer, but Ehjoras had it under control with the virus gone. Since he didn’t need sleep, instead he headed to the Garage and rolled away in Unpredictable, towards the South District.Retracing the route he had traveled a few times before, Swerv pulled up to the abandoned warehouse that he had worked at a few nights before. He wirelessly deactivated the traps he had set up before and pulled the Unpredictable inside. Once the traps were reactivated, Swerv sat down and got to work on the body he was building.The ankle proved to be something of a problem when the ball joint completely broke off. Grumbling to himself, Swerv began to search through the piles of other robotic bodies in various states of disrepair. There didn’t seem to be much to work with until Swerv realized he would have to improvise with a few wrist joints.Finally, he got it working and hooked up to the torso. Hooking himself up and checking reflexes, Swerv made sure it was up to his performance levels. After all, just because this robot was going to be a hodgepodge of different parts didn’t mean it wouldn’t have as much agility or speed as Swerv had himself. Of course this was easier said than done, and it was taking the yellow robot awhile to get it right.In fact, Swerv checked his internal time. Yeah, it was time to get back to the Day Run and see how Draxion was doing. Setting down the arm frame he had been considering, Swerv got in Unpredictable and reset the traps after he deactivated them to get out. Now he was on his way to the Day Run.IC / Player Lounge / Tired:Draxion slept.And not much else. When he woke up and entered the Lounge’s lobby, he was surprised to hear conversation of the Construct from supposedly the night before. Strange; perhaps Swerv would know. Draxion shook his head to wake himself up fully and stepped outside.IC / North District / Acquiring Silence Generators:Older Brother glanced up from his PDA as he entered the North District in the middle of the night. The experimental factory he was looking for was just ahead. He definitely would have been spotted if he weren’t flying and cloaked in shadow, but it never hurt to be cautious. After all, for all he knew, they could have motion trackers. They were an experimental factory, after all, and motion trackers weren’t exactly experimental and therefore, easy to make.Well, either due to lack of motion trackers, or the fact that he descended on the factory from above and in the center of the building, no alarm was sounded. Brother landed lightly on the roof as he put away his PDA. The Rahkshi walked up to the roof’s only door and placed his hand on the security keypad there. No, he was no good at hacking. He would have to do something less subtle and yet still something that would not cause him to be found immediately.Ah, yes. Brother placed his hand on the wall next to the door and placed a rectangular shadow on it. He placed a shadow on the opposite side of the wall and then pulled his hand into a fist. The two shadows connected at the edges and the wall was effectively cut open. Brother released the shadow and pushed the wall piece into the building. It tipped and fell with dull thud. Brother walked in, and as he didn’t hear any alarms, propped the wall piece back up and slid it into the hole he had created.Turning around, he explored the room until he found the stairs and then headed down. Finally, he found the testing floor. It was another floor down from Research, which is what he originally walked down the stairs to find. It took him a good half hour to find elemental generators, of course keeping himself cloaked in shadow so as to not be seen by security cameras, if there were any.It took him another ten minutes to find his prize. Two arm’s length silence generators. They were long and thin. They had a wider, but not higher, range of silence, which was fine with him. After all, this was only his first stop.As the sun began to rise, Brother surveyed his night’s work. Several factories and labs had been duds or had moved on since he acquired his information from a year before, but he was still able to bring in six generators of different range and size. His personal favorite was one that strapped to his chest and fed on his power to broadcast silence depending upon how much of the shadows he fed it.Nodding to himself in satisfaction, Brother headed back to the Victus Dead.IC / Near Tyis / Fixing the Airship:Waiter pulled himself up out of the water and back into the cockpit of the airship, which was using its old repulsors to hover a few inches above the ocean. He checked a couple of gauges and slipped back into the water, where he came up under the airship. He reopened the maintenance panel and placed his hand onto the inner workings, using his power over metal to see what the trouble was.Still nothing. Waiter closed the panel and banged on it to vent some of his frustration. The gauges inside the airship sprang to life and the airship began to pull away. Waiter laughed in both happiness and annoyance as he gripped one of the repulsors and pulled himself up, back into the cockpit.He was going to arrive at the Guild of Tyis any moment now.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Slate walked along with the other treasure hunters. "My name is Slate and I am a Toa of Sonics. I have a mask of telepathy and a sword." He decide to not tell of his other powers. He knew better than to tell everybody everything. And if this adventure was not too battle oriented they would never have to find out he was a mutant. People never acted kindly to him after finding out he was just a Makuta's expirament. But he knew he would never trade away his past. He had made a good friend and he had seen the truth about power. Over the years he had learned of all the side effects of the numerous expiraments. There were only a few negative things about them and the worst was his occasional blackouts. He had thought they were under control, well until he woke up this morning in an alleyway covered in blood and dirt.

IC - Tarius - City streets: "Interesting..." Tarius said as they neared an airship, nodding as each person spoke. "Then we should do well..." He opened the door once they reached the vehicle, climbing in and beckoning for the others to follow.IC - Turaga - Kiyara Labs: The Turaga turned to look at Vertak, revealing his face to the Matoran. He wore a smooth mask, the power if signified unknown, though it, along with the rest of his armor, was pristine in appearance -- not a speck of dust nor a smear of grease could be found on its surface. His golden eyes fell on Rhindon."Interesting sword you've got there..." he said. "A cousin of Ybrus's, I assume?"IC - Sanshou/KNPD officers - In front of KNPD HQ: "Down with Tyis!""Kill the traitors!""The Director is law!"Sanshou ignored the angry jeers and threats as a Toa charged her; she blocked his mace with her sword, grabbing a smoke bomb and slamming it into his mask before knocking him back. She didn't totally udnerstand what was going on; somehow permission had been given for someone to pin Dodera's body to the citadel, and when she had gone to remove it out of respect for her former ally... this chaos had started.It was beginning to tick her off."What's with the sudden hatred against the Guild!?" the Artanian shouted at the crowd, her voice cutting across their own. "What have they done to make so many of you suddenly turn against them -- especially us, your own allies!?"Her words fell on deaf ears. She growled in frustration, calling out to one of her fellow Tyis members as a pair of Skakdi launched a combined burst of fire and wind at him.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Lux Saran - Wherever Tarius isLux sighed, 'Me and Delta are engineers. Thought I should add that.'He reluctantly followed Tarius into the transport, still wary of this mission.IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Registration OfficeCalik turned adding sadly, 'Oh, you really don't want to know what happened to the mainframe. If only you knew...'He smiled towards Team Comet, 'See you in the arena. Try not to die horribly until then.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]