Things that you Like, but others Don't

If you like, here is a spot to write down what you like, that others don't. MARVEL COMIC'S: CIVIL WAR- There are plenty of problems which include some poor characterisation, inconsistencies and some odd angles (I'm looking at you, #2 panel 12). However, it's based on a solid premise, with great artwork and a real sense of grandness. It's also my first Marvel book that didn't involve Spider-Man or Nova, so there's probably a bit of nostalgia. METROID: OTHER M- As I surfed the internet for thoughts on the most recent Metroid title, I let other people's opinions slowly dissolve my own. So, it was a rainy day, I had nothing else to do, so I thought "Why not?". So I put the disk in my Wii… and I enjoyed it. I was having fun. I liked the characters. I liked the story. I liked the gameplay, the setting, and a lot of other things. ONSLAUGHT (the character, not the comic)- Onslaught! He's the greatest villain the X-Men have ever faced! He's stupid and contrived… He had single-handedly killed the Avengers AND the Fantastic 4! It was a cheap way of showing how SUPER SERIOUS HE WAS, YO! EXTREEEME!!!… He showed the greatest of the 90's! He showed the worst of the 90's… He killed innocent people… A Means to an end! He caused a massacre… He started a Revolution! He Betrayed the Law! LAAAWWWW!!! *cough* There is no character as loved and as hated as Onslaught. Personally, I like him a bit more than others do, and the above is what I think about the character.So, what are the things you like, that others don't?

I liked the Star Wars prequals almost as much as the originals (i.e. very much).Something that's actually Lego -- I liked the Galidor theme.I like Brawl much more than Melee, and think almost all of its mechanics that differed were better, including the removal of wavedashing and all that stuff.I like Atlas Shrugged as a book (one of my favorite ones, in fact), although I don't agree with all of its philosophy. Also, I liked the first movie, which did terribly in theaters.A number of these, if posted elsewhere on the Internet, would probably result in me being mauled terribly in flame wars, so yay for BZP.Anyway, to respond to your like of Metroid Other M, did you play any of the other games? Because if you never did, I could possibly understand some of how you could like it, if you're not familiar with Samus outside of that game. Personally, I despise Other M's treatment of Samus, with complete character assassination for what was built up in every other Metroid game, as well as the fact that her relationship with Adam which is lauded so much by her fits all criteria for an abusive relationship against her, and . . . I should stop, so as to not derail the thread. But suffice to say I disagree with you very strongly on that one.~B~

Metriod: other M. The dtroy was ok, but the gameplay was alright. and i have played all three primes, and thats about it.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

GalidorHomestuck, at least in my neighborhoodDi-Gada defenders- Its a show for 7-8 year olds, and yet I like it for some reason. Probably because of how dark it got in the end, and the episode Absolution .

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

I liked the Star Wars prequals almost as much as the originals (i.e. very much).Something that's actually Lego -- I liked the Galidor theme.I like Brawl much more than Melee, and think almost all of its mechanics that differed were better, including the removal of wavedashing and all that stuff.I like Atlas Shrugged as a book (one of my favorite ones, in fact), although I don't agree with all of its philosophy. Also, I liked the first movie, which did terribly in theaters.A number of these, if posted elsewhere on the Internet, would probably result in me being mauled terribly in flame wars, so yay for BZP.Anyway, to respond to your like of Metroid Other M, did you play any of the other games? Because if you never did, I could possibly understand some of how you could like it, if you're not familiar with Samus outside of that game. Personally, I despise Other M's treatment of Samus, with complete character assassination for what was built up in every other Metroid game, as well as the fact that her relationship with Adam which is lauded so much by her fits all criteria for an abusive relationship against her, and . . . I should stop, so as to not derail the thread. But suffice to say I disagree with you very strongly on that one.~B~
Yes, I have played other games, but there's something about it all that I find enjoyable (though I'm not sure what).

As far things I like that go against the general consensus, one major thing comes to mind: The Star Wars prequels. I grew up with the original Star Wars movies like every other kid, but I also grew up with the prequels as well (Phantom Menace came out when I was 8). I had a blast watching them. That podrace scene which everyone seems to hate was so dang cool (as was that battle for Geonosis in Attack of the Clones). And I actually liked how focused the movies were on politics.Also Miley Cyrus' song The Climb. Don't judge me.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

e: and bagpipes, can't forget bagpipes
This.Then...... uhIrish rebel music, eating sprats, herring and various other fish, the Star Wars prequels, Dragon Age 2, the Game of Thrones videogame (which was really cool despite what all the critics are saying), Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (best game of the series, period), Mass Effect 2 (despite what all the fanboys say, ME2 was the best of the series IMO), the Silmarillion (In the words of Wheatley, "Did not get what the fuss was about. Understood it perfectly.") and... that's about it.Also the second Dungeons and Dragons movie. It might've sucked, but it was filmed not far from where I live at all and I simply couldn't watch it with a serious face.I lul'd when they had a dragon burning a castle that, in real life, is barely 30km away from me.-Dovydas Edited by Tsar Dovydas

I like topics like this...The taste of blood-I usually tasted it when I was losing my teeth, and I thought it tasted pretty good.Certain Nightcore songs-This is something I can be somewhat picky at because there are some who can do it right and quite a lot who get it wrong, Sturgeon's Law definitely applies here. Though even there it can be quite scattered.Halo 3: ODST-Say what you will, but I tend to like the Halo story in general, and not just how it is told in the books. Keeping this short I liked the characters of the squad as well as the story and such.Philosophy-Well it is not that no one likes it, but it certainly is not as popular or gets as much recognition when compared to science, how tragic.I'll probably post more if I think of them.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I think modern cartoons are just as awesome, or even better than those of the past. Ben 10 Omniverse. Generator Rex. Thundercats. Gravity Falls. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Dan Vs, Transformers Animated, Transformers Prime, The Amazing World of Gumball, etcetera etcetera. They're all great.I like the Star Wars prequels.I think the Transformers movies were pretty okay-to-great.

AXKP5KC.png

...Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (best game of the series, period)...
There's a significant amount of people that didn't like it? One of my favourite games ever.
I think New Vegas is a better game than Fallout 3
I thought New Vegas was much better. The only thing 3 had over New Vegas was the bobbleheads. Snowglobes aren't as cool, although I do like the skill books becoming more valuable to the player, being the only extra way to get a permanent boost in skills. Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

...Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (best game of the series, period)...
There's a significant amount of people that didn't like it? One of my favourite games ever.
Yeah, people whined about how its setting was too dark (all the more reason to like it, considering its plotline was rather dark in itself) and too sexualized.Yeah, well, Kaileena > Farah and you know it, fanboys-Dovydas

Psychology. I have friends who share the interest and the ambition, so I'm lucky in that regard. I also like Björk. No one likes her music or her as a person. As well as that, I have an extreme fascination with ideas and reflections. Not a lot of people share the need to reflect over and discuss ideas. Ideas come in many shapes and sizes. Feelings, thoughts, literature, art, music, impulses and the like. If you or someone else can conceive it, it's an idea. But most of all I like me. People don't share that sentiment, but that's what makes it interesting

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Not something that I like, quite the opposite actually. I dislike Warhammer 40K. Sure, it's got lots of good ideas, but it's too much of a hodgepodge of good ideas, bad ideas, and good ideas executed badly for me to be able to enjoy the good ideas. Oh, and the fanboys. >< Much too willing to go all "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" and "HERESY!":w:

tf: prime. it boggles my mind how much hate that show gets. on a transformers fansite!human alliance leadfoot is an astounding figure. if you think otherwise you may be using a mediocre transformation.The megabloks halo figures are pretty sweet pocket sized versions of the characters.i love all three matrix movies. all of them.enegon rainbow neon bruticus (in hand) is superior to the FoC mold (that I've seen). yeah, i said it.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Not a lot of people seem to like Spinach, but man that stuff is tasty.
I like it, except for when it makes my mouth itchy.I just love broccoli and cauliflower. Sauces really makes them tasty.
Actually, I like cauliflower too. And I'm pretty tolerant of broccoli.As for spinach... >___<-Dovydas
What I really love with broccoli is bamboo and sauces. It's the epitome of deliciousness.

The Master of Tediosness

I thought New Vegas was much better. The only thing 3 had over New Vegas was the bobbleheads. Snowglobes aren't as cool, although I do like the skill books becoming more valuable to the player, being the only extra way to get a permanent boost in skills.
Skill books exist in New Vegas, lol.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I thought New Vegas was much better. The only thing 3 had over New Vegas was the bobbleheads. Snowglobes aren't as cool, although I do like the skill books becoming more valuable to the player, being the only extra way to get a permanent boost in skills.
Yeah, that's what I just said.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Jethro Tull. He's got to be the least popular eighteenth-century agriculturist ever. Metallica fanboys born after the end of the 1980s will probably never let that one Grammy go. Metallica fans older than that are usually pretty cool about it, though it is funny that, when Metallica won a Grammy a couple of years after that, they thanked Tull for not releasing an album that year... in a year that Tull released an album.Actually, prog rock in general. I blame pretentious people for prog being relatively unpopular. And by pretentious people, I mean ELP.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, that's what I just said.
myyyyy baaaad I misread lol

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros