Then and Now

Phovos

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?Probably whenever I was posting my two comedies, The Legend Reloaded and The Legend Exploded. Had a lot of fun replying to the readers and making sarcastic commentaries on new chapters2. How long have you been a member of BZP?As of four days ago, six years3. Should that previous question have been the first question?It would have been more logical, but then you wouldn't have been able to ask this question, so in the end, you must ask: Would it have been worth it to ask the previous question first instead of second?4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?I believe I had a six month absence from BZP in early 2008 due to a lack of Internet and computer access. I don't plan on any more long absences in the future5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?Actually, I'd say I'm even more interested in it, since I'm a member of the ECC and am more involved in the Library forums than I used to be6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?It has less activity, sure, but as far as I can tell its member numbers have more or less stabilized. Don't see as many new members as I used to, but it's definitely not dead7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was 'updated'' on a regular basis?I imagine it would. Possibly would lose a little strength as the years went by, but still be going strong8. Have I asked enough questions yet?I can't answer that for you. Only you can decide when you have asked enough questions9. Do you want a hug?No. I'm not in a hugging mood right now-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?Hmm...probably when my stories got noticed. It was nice for people to actually notice me and like something I had created. I had never really received any thoughts on any of my writing before that, and it was great to get somebody's opinion.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Three years.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Almost definitely.4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?Yes, just recently as a matter of fact. I had to concentrate on school - BZP was taking to much time away from my actual life.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?Not really. The only thing I came on here for ever was to post my writings, and talk to my friends.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?Yes.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?No. People grow up - they can't live in the past forever. Most of the people here are now in their late teens, and that means eventually they have to move on. Whether BIONICLE had lived on or not, people would have left eventually.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?You tell me.9. Do you want a hug? Please?

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

1. Probably when I was playing Exo-Fat's Abyss. That was fun stuff.2. Since March, 2006.3. Maybe. You're the survey person.4. Yes. I was absent from 2007-2008, and through most of 2011. I was actually lurking, though.5. No. My interests have changed.6. Aren't they the same thing?7. That depends on the popularity of BIONICLE itself.8. Obviously not, since you asked nine.9. No, I like my bubble. You stay over there.

How well will you die?

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?I don't really know. Probably about 2-3 years ago, when I was more active within the community.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Five? Five years.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Depends. Should this question be the second?4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?Well, obviously, the Downtime. Other than that, one, during the Mahri to Karda Nui era, for about two seasons. Don't really know why.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?I'm more interested in CoT, so yes, but in a different way.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?Yeah, I do. There's no denying that.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?I think it would actually be stronger; with the serials (which came from Bionicle dying so meh) and more interwoven complex story that came after Spherus Magna merged, and the aging members, I think there'd be a lot more to talk about.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?No, but you're going to stop anyway.9. Do you want a hug? Right now? Sure, I'm freezing. :turn:

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?Probably when I first joined. Such nostalgia and the wonder of discovering Internet forums. Of course my parents had lectured me to death on the dangers of the Internet, so I was still a pretty noobish and hesitant member. Just prior to the Great Dataclysm I have the most fond memories from; back when I was a semi-popular epic writer.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Since, uh... July 2007? I think. The Olmak means 5 years, right?3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Logically yes, but I won't judge.4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?I've been very sporadic since the new forum renovation, but I think I'm going to stick around more from now on.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?Not nearly as much, no. However, I've regained a lot more interest recently, so that's good.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?Absolutely. There's a reason there hasn't been a post in the Official Transformers Topic in, like, almost a month. (srsly guys come on)7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?I think it'd be somewhere between current activity and how it was before. Bionicle would probably be rather stagnant by now, and BZPower would definitely reflect that.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?Not nearly.9. Do you want a hug?Only if it's a Christian Side Hug!

• 2 weeks later...

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?My first stay or my second stay? In my first stay, it was when I met a lot of awesome people and was even called a good writer. I was so young and crazy back then. :P It especially showed in my writing. I also like how it took me 6 months before I made my first post. I was also very shy.In my second stay... I don't know. It felt kind of weird being on here after 2 years of absence, since so much has changed. I almost felt kind of out of place.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Since December of 2004. So I've been on here for a while.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Probably. It makes the flow kind of weird.4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo... I'd probably need another post for that. Long story short, I got met with some harassment in 2010, left for a long time after feeling uncomfortable, and returned only so often. I'm back permanently now. So if anyone harasses me for not liking Taylor Swift again, this time I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. XD5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?Hmm... not exactly. Not since most of my friends are all gone. It doesn't feel the same anymore.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?I don't know, to be honest. I'd side more with there being less members on here, in reference to how a lot of my friends aren't active on here anymore.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?It's possible. If Bionicle was still going, then there would still be more Bionicle-orientated activity and debate going on. I remember the Storyline and theories section was always fluttering with debate. It still is, but there was a lot more. Doesn't help with the whole "not updated as much anymore" storyline.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?I could go on all day. I once got asked 100 questions. 9. Do you want a hug?Uh... I found a monkey! *runs away*

1. I have loved every moment here and met some amazing people I would have never met other wise, so I guess every bit of it.2. Only since the end of June3. Whatever man4. No. Not ever.5. Yes defintaly. Althouhg, i think the day every sing last one of my friends leave, will be the day I do too.6. No. Since i have been here, the activity has remained the same. I feel the people that are left arent likley to leave any time soon, and we get a new member almost daily.7. I honestly dont know.8. No9. I can never turn down a bro hug

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

1. Day Run.2. Since January 8th, 2010.3. What do you think?4. Yes. When I first joined I couldn't figure anything out so I left. And later when I tried making a new account it said I already had one attached to my email. So I kept it and started to use the account.5. No. Bionicle is dead and I just don't have as strong feelings for it anymore.6. Both.7. Yes, I would think so.8. Do you think you have?9. No.

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?It was...I don't know really. There were moments when I was having fun at the time but when I look back I realise just how ridiculous it all was. It's hard to pick out anything specific.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Five, nearly six years. I joined when I was 12 and now I'm 18. Scary when you think about it.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Who can fathom the wisdom of Mata Nui?4. Have you had any long disappearances from BZP? If so, why?Yes, though I never counted the timeframe. There were long periods when I would just have a tab open in the background but never do anything with it. 5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?Not as interested. I'm less of a determined poster than I used to be.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?There are a few remaining loyalists but the place isn't as packed as it used to be.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?Well, people would have had a reason to come here which they don't really anymore. From what I gather this place is seen more as a Bionicle forum than a Lego general forum.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?I'm sure you have time for one more.9. Do you want a hug?I'm not a very huggy person.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?When I sent in the news tip about the hermit crab and the Lego shell2. How long have you been a member of BZP?My spinny is helpfully located right next to my post.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Yes.4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?Only when the forums were down.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?Unfortunately not, due to the lack of activity.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?Yes, we are having less and less to talk about.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was 'updated'' on a regular basis?No because the declining quality would turn us off eventually, although the end of Bionicle was a major contributor in the lack of activity.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?Yes.9. Do you want a hug?Depends on who it is.

aouROFb.png

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?Probably when I first found the site - nothing can properly compete with that thick haze of nostalgia!2. How long have you been a member of BZP?A pretty decently long time.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Do what you want, buddy.4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?I get distracted by life and other websites, but I somehow always remember this place and wander on back... probably the nostalgia.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?No, but I'll hang around and see if that changes ahahaha6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?I honestly have no idea, I just got back.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?I suppose, I mean there would probably be new people getting into the fandom with each update to the story/toys, and so there would be more people discovering this site.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?Nah.9. Do you want a hug?Yes???

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?2. How long have you been a member of BZP?3. Should that previous question have been the first question?4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?8. Have I asked enough questions yet?9. Do you want a hug?1. MOCing and everything about BZP2. Almost 4 years3. Dunno :P4. Yes, school activities are spending my time5. Maybe6. I think a bit, just bring bionicle back, and add more contests.7. I hope :)8. never9. Yes :biggrin:

1. When GregF was here to answer questions and liven up the S&T Forum.2. Allegedly since 2006.3. This question should have been the first.4. Yes, college5. Yes, a bit more now that I'm a staff member and Greg is somewhere to answer our questions.6. Of course.7. I would say so, yes.8. You're just getting started, aren't you?9. Okay, just this one time~

jlovfkk.jpg

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?Probably the 07 - 08 era of things.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?5 years.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?It doesn't matter.4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?Definitely. Usually because I had lost interest.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?No and I probably won't be ever.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?In between my less-than-ocasional visits, I've noticed that activity has dwindled as time went on.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?Most definitely.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?Have YOU asked enough questions yet?9. Do you want a hug?Get away from me you stranger confusedw.gif

zV5MODc.png
Please take some time to read my friend's Hero Factory story "End Factory".
It was in the works for 2 years and is now available online to read.
Please be sure to leave a review if you can as it would mean a lot to both me and him.

A nice surprise awaits you inside.

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?I would say all of 2011 before the downtime. Back then I knew how to have fun, and also the site was more active.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Joined in 2008, actually started using the account much, much later.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Probably.4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?Not any long disappearances, but that depends on how you look at it. Currently, I have a "too cool to post phylosophy", so I read a lot more topics than the ones I post in. I got that bad habit back from the time in which I only visited BZPower as a guest.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?I'm starting to get more interested now that some months ago. I didn't expect BZPower to survive both the downtime, the discontinuation of sets and the stand-still of the storyline, so it amazes me that this place is still alive.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?Yes, and I still miss those times more before the downtime in which I could not enter the forums in Mondays because all the americans were logged in. Oh, those board errors, I sure miss them. At least you could tell that the site was active when you saw them.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?I don't think it is that easy to say. You have to keep in mind if the current staff would have the willingness to continue leading the site, and if the new fans would be willing to join BZPower. But, strange hipotetic cases aside, I would say yes.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?No, the more the merrier.9. Do you want a hug?I'll take two, if you don't mind.

Edited by The First Speaker

le-koro_banner.jpg

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?My roleplaying days: mid 2010 until early 2011.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Over five years now. Wow.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Yeah, sure. Why not?4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?A lot of inactivity until 2010, and a few week long hiatuses, but that's it.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?No. it feels more like a sleepy backwater to me now, which makes me feel sluggish, so I lurk in SS and Blogs now.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?Yes.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?It would likely have remained more active.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?No.9. Do you want a hug?...No thanks, I'll pass.

1. Probably this year; since a lot of awesome things happened this year. =)2. Since August 2007; 5 years now. =D3. Possibly, yes. =P4. Yes, for many, many reasons. For one, my computer epic failing for some reason or another. =P5. Yes, I am(Hence the name); even if my activity in posting doesn't necessarily show that. =P6. I think it's activity isn't as great as it used to be, but that could be any number of reasons. Though I don't see as many of the old members... However, that said, there's a lot of new members to take their place. ;)7. I'd think so. Maybe it would've slowly branched off into LEGO anyway, especially with8. Survey's are fun. =P9. I'm personally good, myself.

Edited by BZP Blade

1)Too many things too count.2)4 years? 5 years? Somewhere around there.3)Doesn't matter.4)I've vanished twice. Once for a whole year and a half, and then once for about 3 months.5)I am not as interested as I once was.6)Yes7)Possibly8)Nope9)Yes, but not here and not from you.

Edited by You just lost the game

67685335.jpg             

Oh... Sure, I'll take a stab at these questions:1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?Well, I think it was when there were a bunch of comics and stuff being made, way back in the day (before I became a member!). I don't quite remember any of them anymore, but I know there was something to do with some "Turaga of Light", as well as something called "Vahk's Comics". Anyone else remember these?2. How long have you been a member of BZP?I've been a member since Summer of '09. But I've been lurking these forums since 2004, if memory serves me right. I thought you had to pay for a membership here, so that's why I never had an account until 2009. Derp.3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Hey, it's your survey. Do what you please. :)4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?Well, there was the "Dark Ages" where I had no access to computers (before I became a member), and then again after BZP was offline and migrating to a better site. I just lost interest and just came back this week!5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?More or less. It depends on whether or not this community is anywhere near as active as I remember it, way back when.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?This kind of connects my last answer. I've only been back for a few days, and I plan on making a thread to ask roughly how many people are still active on BZP, but if I had to answer now, I'd say... Yes. BZP seems to have less active members and less activity lately.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis?I don't quite get what you mean by "updated". Do you mean the story, or a "reboot" of the sets? I think either way, as long as news of BIONICLE gets out to the younger kids, we'll never lose strength in the community.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?I dunno, Have you??9. Do you want a hug?I dunno; do YOU?

• 4 weeks later...

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP?Can't pinpoint one. It's been a fun ride.2. How long have you been a member of BZP?Over six years (seven in June).3. Should that previous question have been the first question?Should it not have been the one prior to this and following the one before?4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why?This is my first time on in months. Other than the upgrade period, no personal breaks over a few months, really.5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be?Not at all. It is in part due to life really catching up on me.6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity?I'm not sure about visitors to the site (logged in or not), but membership and member activity has visibly declined.7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was 'updated' on a regular basis?Sure, because there would be stuff to talk about on a regular basis.8. Have I asked enough questions yet?I think so. :P9. Do you want a hug?Do you?-SK

1. When was your favourite point during your stay on BZP? Right now is pretty great, since I've started actually posting! Other than that, I miss some of the old comedies (SPIRIT's, of course, and Teridax Telling Jokes).

2. How long have you been a member of BZP? For about five years,but until less than a year ago I was a lurker.

3. Should that previous question have been the first question? Doesn't matter to me.

4. Have you had any long disapperances from BZP? If so, why? Like I said before, I've nearly always been a lurker. Even then, I would only really be into Bionicle for a few months a year. At all other times, I wouldn't really check BZP.

5. Are you as interested in BZP as you used to be? Far more interested than before! I check it most days now.

6. Do you feel that BZP is slowly losing its members, or that BZP generally has less activity? Yes.

7. If Bionicle had not been replaced, do you think that BZP would always remain strong as long as Bionicle was ‘updated‘‘ on a regular basis? Not as strong, but stronger than it will be in this timeline's future.

8. Have I asked enough questions yet? Has anyone ever asked enough questions?

9. Do you want a hug? I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)