Turaga Nui VS. Matoran Nui

I was just wondering, which would be stronger and what would be their limitations, because we don't really have specifics on either of the two and they have never appeared in the story except one matoran nui.

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

As others have said, the Turaga Nui would have an advantage with the ability to use Noble Masks and elemental powers. Though I suppose that a Matoran Nui would be have an advantage when it comes to physical strength. And a Matoran Nui would probably be faster too.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well, since the Turaga's elemental powers are so minuscule anyway, they couldn't really be used in battle... but the Noble masks might be useful, depending on what powers are merged. So it really boils down to Noble Kanohi vs. Speed and Strength.

Well, since the Turaga's elemental powers are so minuscule anyway, they couldn't really be used in battle... but the Noble masks might be useful, depending on what powers are merged. So it really boils down to Noble Kanohi vs. Speed and Strength.

And if the Noble Kanohi include a Pakari and a Kakama?

And that brings up another question: Would a Turaga Nui posses the mask Powers of all six Turaga combined? Or would it just be the mask power of the Turaga with the strongest willpower? Or would it be rendered a powerless Kanohi? If the latter, then a Turaga Nui would just have to rely on limited Elemental Powers alone.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

You need do a simple calculation to know:

First, you give a score on the strength of 1-10, 10 being a Toa.

Second, is multiplied by the number of members of the fusion.

Third, add "extras" for elemental powers, abilities ...

So in this case:

Matoran Nui- 6(approximately)x 6 + 1(Po-matoran are most stronger than others)= 37 approximately

Turaga Nui- 4(approximately)x 6 + 6(elemental powers) + 2/5(approximately, for Noble Kanohi powers)= 32/35 approximately

So in a fight, the Matoran Nui wins.

It's just a theory, please do not critic me if you don't believe this either.

I hope you have been useful.

PS: sorry for errors, blame the translator.

biofighter_banner_platform.png
http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=418]

So in this case: Matoran Nui- 6(approximately)x 6 + 1(Po-matoran are most stronger than others)= 37 approximately Turaga Nui- 4(approximately)x 6 + 6(elemental powers) + 2/5(approximately, for Noble Kanohi powers)= 32/35 approximately So in a fight, the Matoran Nui wins.
I don't think it's reasonable to give them another point exclusively for the Po-Matoran. You could argue that the Matoran have, say, less experience working in unison, but the Turaga would have an advantage there as they were probably once part of a Toa team. I think it isn't easy to attribute everything to a points system, either- there are a lot of variables. I'm also not sure why you said four by six for the Turaga instead of six by six. You can't form a Nui without six members. And I think the elemental and mask powers would give the Turaga more strength than you realize. Hmm... I wonder if a cross-race Nui or Kaita would work... like a Toa, a Matoran, and a Turaga in a fusion. Probably wouldn't work. :lol: Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

And that brings up another question: Would a Turaga Nui posses the mask Powers of all six Turaga combined? Or would it just be the mask power of the Turaga with the strongest willpower? Or would it be rendered a powerless Kanohi? If the latter, then a Turaga Nui would just have to rely on limited Elemental Powers alone.

signoffffff.png

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's a misstatement to label a Turaga's powers as "miniscule". They had a sizeable amount, enough to fight with. Also, the Turaga Nui would use whichever one of the Kanohi ended up on its face, I believe.

For that matter, the MoL movie has given this misconception that Turaga are basically old people. That's not the case at all, actually, they are physically stronger than the average Matoran, and can use their tools, elemental powers, and Kanohi to great effect in a fight. They're not feeble or worn out by any means.

Edited by Tehurye

So in this case: Matoran Nui- 6(approximately)x 6 + 1(Po-matoran are most stronger than others)= 37 approximately Turaga Nui- 4(approximately)x 6 + 6(elemental powers) + 2/5(approximately, for Noble Kanohi powers)= 32/35 approximately So in a fight, the Matoran Nui wins.

I don't think it's reasonable to give them another point exclusively for the Po-Matoran. You could argue that the Matoran have, say, less experience working in unison, but the Turaga would have an advantage there as they were probably once part of a Toa team. I think it isn't easy to attribute everything to a points system, either- there are a lot of variables. I'm also not sure why you said four by six for the Turaga instead of six by six. You can't form a Nui without six members. And I think the elemental and mask powers would give the Turaga more strength than you realize. Hmm... I wonder if a cross-race Nui or Kaita would work... like a Toa, a Matoran, and a Turaga in a fusion. Probably wouldn't work. :lol:

The 4 is for strength, the 6 is the number of members, and I was generally, if you give me details about each Turaga or Matoran that form the fusion, maybe I can be more precise.

Besides the question was "who is stronger", and I think this answers.

LARU

I don't think Turaga have weaker physical prowess than Matoran's. After all we have never seen any existing example comparsion besides deduction by appearance (which can be inaccurate).

Remember how Turaga Vakama single-handedly defeated the Rahi Nui? XD

That being said I think Turaga Nui might has a slightly higher advantage than a Matoran Nui in a fight with extremely limited elemental powers and Noble mask power.

But after all, we have never seen a Turaga Nui. Heck, we haven't even seen a Turaga Kaita. How do we know it is possible for such a fusion?

Edited by Podu
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

signoffffff.png

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's a misstatement to label a Turaga's powers as "miniscule". They had a sizeable amount, enough to fight with. Also, the Turaga Nui would use whichever one of the Kanohi ended up on its face, I believe.

For that matter, the MoL movie has given this misconception that Turaga are basically old people. That's not the case at all, actually, they are physically stronger than the average Matoran, and can use their tools, elemental powers, and Kanohi to great effect in a fight. They're not feeble or worn out by any means.

In your case:

Turaga Nui- 4/6(approximately)x 6 + 6(elemental powers) + 5(approximately, for Noble Pakari) + 4(approximately, for Noble Kakama)= 39/51 approximately

In this case, the turaga nui wins.

signoffffff.png

A Turaga of Fire was explained to have enough elemental power to light a torch. I believe this came from Greg himself, although the source is next to impossible to find... however, with that said, the powers of a Turaga are definitely not enough to give a fight. The Kanohi are a different thing, though.

Many seem to think that a Turaga Nui would only have one mask power, but it would actually have all the mask powers in the fusion. Remember, the Kaita had three mask powers in their masks. I doubt it would be different with a Turaga fusion.

What you said about the old people thing I agree with. Being an elder does not mean weakness. In fact, if you look at some other promotional pictures with Turaga on them, you will see that they are in most flexible poses... they have plenty of agility, strength and willpower, I'm sure. So they might be stronger than Matoran physically, but we have no proof of this, unfortunately.

signoffffff.png

A Turaga of Fire was explained to have enough elemental power to light a torch. I believe this came from Greg himself, although the source is next to impossible to find... however, with that said, the powers of a Turaga are definitely not enough to give a fight. The Kanohi are a different thing, though.

Many seem to think that a Turaga Nui would only have one mask power, but it would actually have all the mask powers in the fusion. Remember, the Kaita had three mask powers in their masks. I doubt it would be different with a Turaga fusion.

What you said about the old people thing I agree with. Being an elder does not mean weakness. In fact, if you look at some other promotional pictures with Turaga on them, you will see that they are in most flexible poses... they have plenty of agility, strength and willpower, I'm sure. So they might be stronger than Matoran physically, but we have no proof of this, unfortunately.

If it were a question of age, the Av-Matoran are older than most of the Turaga...

WOW! I thought this would be a small topic but it has almost become hot overnight. I thought at first that a Turaga Nui would be stronger but then I remembered that in movies they have been seen as the small elderly weaklings. Although then again they have kanohi powers and elemental powers to a point so it is hard to decide :???:

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think Turaga Nui would win. Turaga are supposed to be stronger and physically bigger than Matoran, as well as being able to use Noble Kanohi and their small amount of elemental energy. Matoran have unity and physical strength, but that is about it.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Turaga Nui would beat Matoran Nui out. In addition to having elemental powers that are slightly stronger than Av-Matoran (as well as the elemental immunities of their elemental type) and the abilities of six Noble Masks, it is probable that it would be physically stronger than a Matoran Nui because Turaga are stronger than Matoran. Matoran Nui might have a mobility edge, but Turaga Nui could easily stop it from a distance with the elemental and Kanohi powers.

-TN05

Edited by Toa Nidhiki05

Turaga Nui would beat Matoran Nui out. In addition to having elemental powers that are slightly stronger than Av-Matoran (as well as the elemental immunities of their elemental type) and the abilities of six Noble Masks, it is probable that it would be physically stronger than a Matoran Nui because Turaga are stronger than Matoran. Matoran Nui might have a mobility edge, but Turaga Nui could easily stop it from a distance with the elemental and Kanohi powers.

-TN05

---Quote End---

You know, it seems kinda unfair to brand Turaga as "slow" despite their appearance. After all, Vakama (as a Turaga) had once beaten the Rahi Nui single-handedly -_-

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

-TN05

---Quote End---

You know, it seems kinda unfair to brand Turaga as "slow" despite their appearance. After all, Vakama (as a Turaga) had once beaten the Rahi Nui single-handedly -_-

Good point, but he had a bit of trouble fighting a Turahk. :P

-TN05

-TN05

---Quote End---

True, but he did do that using mostly his intelligence vs physical strength.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

signoffffff.png

I agree with this. Chronicles book 4 (Tales of the Masks) shows that the Turaga are total bosses. Whenua, Vakama, and Nokama (as I recall, it's been a while since I read it) all take part in a battle or some other strenuous physical activity. So while Matoran Nui has immense strength and speed, Turaga Nui has strength, speed, elemental powers, and Noble Kanohi to boot. I think it can be safely assumed the mask would have all six powers, Golden Kanohi-style.

Alright I think that it has been decided that Turaga-Nui would be the winner so look out for the next VS. which I will post in a momeent.

Toa Wolf

-- Greg Farshtey