X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Well, I don't commit xenocide out of hand, so of course I'm not going to rate very high.

The so-called gods however, have fired the first shots in this little war. Remember your myths? The brutalized maidens? The human blood spilled upon altars?

It will not stand. By gun, sword and steel, we will claim revenge.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Way I figure it, humanity always tends to get the short end of the stick in RPGs and fiction. Always a better race. Always a superior species.

I consider it my duty to grab that stick, sharpen it to a point, and stab said 'better' race in the eye with it.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Sounds slightly supremacist, but much less so when you put it that way.

I suppose my attitude of equality toward aliens is partially because I was into Transformers, Superman, Dragon Ball Z, and Ben 10 in childhood, and I'm still into Transformers and DBZ to this day.

And I thought the Protoss allied with the humans at some point in Starcraft.

Of course, I think the way I do mainly because I learned from years of witnessing and sometimes experiencing it that unequal treatment is (far too many censored words not to be banned even if BZP did allow their use)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Didn't say we couldn't look out for other races. Just that when it comes down to the wire, humanity comes first.

And of course, there are exceptions. If humanity, as a species, decides blowing up random planets filled with innocents for fun is a good hobby....

Well.....

Deicide. Intriguing. This RPG seems to be going all over the place. Granted, this transition's been happening for quite some time, but it's beginning to feel way less like an X-Men RPG, and more like a Marvel Universe RPG.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

I actually think that's cool. And it does sort of keep my suspension of disbelief in place. I usually have trouble believing that the various other Marvel characters wouldn't show up to most conflicts.

This. The prospect of SHIELD ignoring the X-Men-Brotherhood Conflict is really low.

Do you think that this RPG will get to the point where we'll have to rename it Marvel: Darkest Days or something?

Also, completely unrelated, but isn't Weapon-X a Canadian funded program run by Department K? If so, wouldn't this cause said department and Department H to investigate? I'm pretty sure that the Canadians wouldn't like their portion of Weapon-Plus being sabotaged, so they might send Alpha Flight to retaliate.

Edited by Constructman

Well, obviously I'm either a ghost or was abducted by aliens. Given the recent developments...CM: Shield still has no control of the helicarrier. They're out, for the time being.

I hereby demand you make a ghost Elvis character.

It must be done. Search your heart. You know it to be true.

Edited by Basilisk

Welp, as far as I can see, mutants and the other diverse superpowers of Earth are what make the planet distinct in the Marvelverse.

Sure, the Shiar have their epic technology, the Skrulls are a planet of Mystiques, and Super-strength is commonplace among the stars, but humanity's ability to adapt and its potential for growth are distinct. Unique even. :') Mainstream humans need to see the future. They need to learn to stop worrying and love the mutant. And (powerful) mutants need to stop worrying about pesky things like personal liberties and a normal life. They should embrace their role as the bulwark of the planet, Earth's sword and shield against foreign threats.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Welp, as far as I can see, mutants and the other diverse superpowers of Earth are what make the planet distinct in the Marvelverse.

Sure, the Shiar have their epic technology, the Skrulls are a planet of Mystiques, and Super-strength is commonplace among the stars, but humanity's ability to adapt and its potential for growth are distinct. Unique even. :')

We are also, evidently, the only race that has any concept of the practical. Looking at all the past invaders at least.

SHIELD still has it and its floating somewhere above New York.

Correction: It isn't actually above the city, because taking it there while virus infected would have been a bad idea. It's not far from the city, but it is further north.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Sure, the Shiar have their epic technology, the Skrulls are a planet of Mystiques, and Super-strength is commonplace among the stars, but humanity's ability to adapt and its potential for growth are distinct. Unique even. :')

We are also, evidently, the only race that has any concept of the practical. Looking at all the past invaders at least.

Of course if they were practical then they wouldn't have invaded earth.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI