Vakama's Helper

okay, so most if not all of us have seen Legends of Metru Nui. so remember when Vakama was attempting to make the Mask of Time? that little robot thingy that brought him the fire staff. what was it? to me, it looked a lot like a miniature Bohrok. anyone's thoughts on this?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

the thing with the robot idea is that it look almost exactly like a bohrok, down to the hand shields. only the head seemed different.

So? Metru Nuians encountered Bohroks, an engineer could've liked their design and implented it in one of his robots.

I'm back!

That is a bohrok.Do you remember that he bohrok were reprogramed to be good?

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I am searching for peepol,who can program,and peepol,who have ideas for multimedia and games,to come and join the KranaNui Project
If you are one of them,please PM me! :hau: :akaku: :miru: :kaukau: :kakama: :pakari:
If you have PM from me,you are one of them!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

the thing with the robot idea is that it look almost exactly like a bohrok, down to the hand shields. only the head seemed different.

Thats what I thought I remembered it looking like. I just didnt say it in my first post because it had been a while since Id seen the movie. If I remember correctly, wasnt it helping him tidy up as well.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

LoMN happens before the story on Mata Nui, so the Bohrok weren't active at that time. But, they were discovered and on display in the Archives. So maybe the design was liked by one of the inventors there and used to make little helpers for the mask maskers.

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

LoMN happens before the story on Mata Nui, so the Bohrok weren't active at that time. But, they were discovered and on display in the Archives. So maybe the design was liked by one of the inventors there and used to make little helpers for the mask maskers.

but wouldn't something with fingers be more helpful than something with shields?

Ninja'd! lol

Memory's a little fuzzy on the reason for the fire drones' design, but I think it was inspired by the Bohrok.

Please remember though that there were many different robots on Metru Nui that helped with various jobs, so this is really nothing special. Movie gives them feet like Bohrok but that could just be because it would be too much work to make a brand new design for a very minor thing that plays no actual plot role. So they may have no relation to Bohrok, and could be seen as Matoran-like instead -- there are some major differences with Bohrok, esp. the head which is more Matoranlike, and Bohrok are much larger.

No, it isn't. This is 1000 years before that. The Bohrok of that time were found by miners under Onu-Metru, and were always asleep (and they couldn't get them to wake up; that requires a special sonic signal).

Only 1000 years later, on Mata Nui, after the Toa Mata awoke, Makuta awoke the swarms, and the Toa defeated the Bahrag were the Bohrok "reprogrammed". And it wasn't really reprogramming. If you take out their Krana brains, their simpler robotic brains were designed from the start to respond to voice commands from whoever speaks to them. If a villain had come along and given an order they would have obeyed.

Also, the Bohrok were always "good" -- they did what they were supposed to do to help Mata Nui, by cleaning and loosening the camouflage island he would create over his face when he landed on alien planets. The problem with the Bohrok wasn't 'badness', but stupidity. Neither they nor the Bahrag could mentally process the idea that they could have been awoken too early.

But wouldn't something with fingers be more helpful than something with shields?

The Bohrok themselves are confirmed to have fingers on the hands on the inner side of the shields (they're attached to the back of the hand). My guess is someone realized the Bohrok's handshield design could be useful for the fire drone to protect its delicate fingers from the heat of the forges. (That's likely where the name came from too.)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

robotic helpers that cleaned the Matoran's workstation and disposed of broken or inferior quality creations

Vakama's didn't do that D: anyways, thanks for the answers guys. I saw that thing and I literally said "good question for BZPower!".

I'm guessing it's just a small robot he built for help.

Vakama wasn't a robot builder, though it may be possible. More likely it was constructed in the Po-Metru Assembler's villages out of parts from Ta-Metru, by the same people that made other robots in Metru Nui, like the robotic walking carts.

robotic helpers that cleaned the Matoran's workstation and disposed of broken or inferior quality creations

Vakama's didn't do that D: anyways, thanks for the answers guys. I saw that thing and I literally said "good question for BZPower!".

Vakama would do that, but the fire drone was a helper. It would do what it could when Vakama was too busy, basically. :)

And you're welcome. I'd close, but curious if anyone recalls if I'm right about them actually being inspired by the Bohrok. (Since I can't check the archive.)

Edit: Hey, I just realized we can still search the Greg Discussion and the old S&T through the google cache -- google terms, with BZPower and Greg / GregF included, and then click the cache option. Near the top of the results for fire drone I found something I said myself in closing a topic once:

These things are built more like Vahki than Bohrok - they are just shaped like Bohrok. :) And Greg said that the design of the Bohrok (which was seen when Onu-Matoran miners found sleeping Bohrok and sent some to the Archives) may have inspired it. But it was built by Matoran while Bohrok were not.

Since I stated it as fact, which I only do if I'm sure, I'll trust Old Me's memory. :P But Greg apparently said "may", not "did". Hm. *continues searching* I've found several posts from different people in 2004 stating as fact, referencing Greg... I can't seem to find the actual quote, though. Here's another from me:

Greg has speculated that Nuparu or someone else may have gotten the original idea for them by seeing some Bohrok. But otherwise they have no connection to the Bohrok.

So it appears in the original quote, Greg was just throwing out a possibility. Still, I'd run with that explanation since it was at least Greg's idea. :P

Edit2: Now here we go. Paydirt:

15. Are Fire Drones those little Bohrok-things in LoMN? Why do you think they look like Bohrok?15) Well, Matoran know what Bohrok look like, why not make them look that way?

I'd actually say that's more than just speculation; that's Greg confirming it and implying that was the thinking of the Matoran who made them.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Vakama wasn't a robot builder, though it may be possible. More likely it was constructed in the Po-Metru Assembler's villages out of parts from Ta-Metru, by the same people that made other robots in Metru Nui, like the robotic walking carts...

I meant that he built the parts, as before a mask maker he built tools and stuff like that, so I assume he made them.

Since the question has been answered, should the thread be closed?

Yeah, might as well now. :) If anyone has anything to add, PM me.

Vakama wasn't a robot builder, though it may be possible. More likely it was constructed in the Po-Metru Assembler's villages out of parts from Ta-Metru, by the same people that made other robots in Metru Nui, like the robotic walking carts...
I meant that he built the parts, as before a mask maker he built tools and stuff like that, so I assume he made them.

He may have been part of the production line of them, but there's no reason to assume so. He's been a maskmaker for most of his life and may have already been one when the Bohrok were discovered. But from what I've found in researching the chronology recently, we simply do not know the timing of Vakama's backstory for the most part, so no way to know.

Anywho, original question answered, topic closed. ^_^