Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

Haven't seen any Surge pics around here yet, so here we go:Surge 1Surge 2WeaponTorsoThey're not exactly DeeVee quality, but hopefully you can still get a pretty good idea of the set. The shoulder armor doesn't get in the way of posing as much as I thought it would, and I very much like the new torso piece. The handcuffs are a really neat feature too.Next time, it would probably be a good idea to take the pictures in daylight. :PEDIT: There, that should be better. Haven't used Brickshelf in awhile.

Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p

I have a feeling 'purple villain' is just one of those extra guys that they threw in, like cyan Breez or green Von Ness.

Doubt it. Unlike those, he's not even a slightly generic build, using parts not used in any other Hero Factory sets to date, and in ways no other characters use them. Usually when a character is just filler (including in the Breakout scene), they're a reused character model with one or two parts or colors changed, where is this guy is pretty much entirely custom, to the degree that most MOCs or set designs would be.Also, Zakann, you need deeplinks for us to see the images. Click on each of the images until they're the only things in the browser window. That way the URL won't require us to wait for them to become public. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Plus, they focus on him to an even larger degree than a lot of the other characters who ARE sets, so I'd like to think that he has some importance.Granted, we'll find out in less than two months, but still XP. A Special Edition set would make my year, but more than likely he'll be in summer, if at all.There's also the possibility that they'll combine the waves, and premier the only TV episode in the summer instead (which would explain Stormer's presence, if the summer is indeed a continuation), but that would be sad. Stormer also looks even bigger than the current Heroes, more akin to the superhero size... maybe we'll get a third size Hero? XP

There's also the possibility that they'll combine the waves, and premier the only TV episode in the summer instead (which would explain Stormer's presence, if the summer is indeed a continuation), but that would be sad.

Not gonna happen.Why would they show us an Advertisement for a movie that will release in Summer?Plus, didn't 2005 show the Visorak/Hordika (don't remember which was released in Summer) in the comics before they were released?

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Is there any confirmation of Stormer being a summer set? Or is it only speculation. It would fit more if he was a titan in this wave tough :Also I don't get why Stormer gets a bigger upgrade. I understand him being a leader and all, but must he be the hulk? :P

doom4revalt.png

I guess you could consider it speculation, but combine the fact that he has several new parts (what look to be new feet in one of the shots, a new crystal/ice spike part, and size 4 armor shells in blue and white), I'd say, as Aanchir described with the purple villain, that justifies him as being more than a generic character. And taking into account the fact that HF has stopped doing Special Edition sets (and those don't typically have new parts anyways), that's enough proof for me.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

There's also the possibility that they'll combine the waves, and premier the only TV episode in the summer instead (which would explain Stormer's presence, if the summer is indeed a continuation), but that would be sad.

Not gonna happen.Why would they show us an Advertisement for a movie that will release in Summer?Plus, didn't 2005 show the Visorak/Hordika (don't remember which was released in Summer) in the comics before they were released?
They did that occasionally in BIONICLE, but there you knew that (at least from 2004 and beyond) the year was seamless and self-contained. Here, we have no idea whether or not this wave will actually continue on into summer. It could, if certain elements we're seeing are indicative of it, or it could not. We don't know when the movie will premiere; if indeed they combine the waves, it could make more sense to debut the episode(s) later, in order to tell the continuing story. Or they might not, anything is possible since, if indeed the waves are combined, that this thus far unprecedented.

Is there any confirmation of Stormer being a summer set? Or is it only speculation. It would fit more if he was a titan in this wave tough :Also I don't get why Stormer gets a bigger upgrade. I understand him being a leader and all, but must he be the hulk? :P

He does seem to be bigger than the current Heroes, and it would be lolful if he was a set. But like I said before, maybe the episode tells a whole years worth of story, and Stormer is actually in the summer. We'll see... Edited by Dorek

Both. Hordika were the winter releases in the US, summer in Europe. Visorak were the other way around. (Or so I've heard)I don't want a Special Edition set because the pricing would be horrendous. The purple villain would be awesome as a regular release in the summer, though. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Just ordered EVO from Toys 'R' Us. I plan on ordering Rocka next from S@H.After seeing the video I want a Stormer set.And is Black Phantom german?? If so....even more reason for me to get him.

Edited by Kamen Rider OOO

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Plus, didn't 2005 show the Visorak/Hordika (don't remember which was released in Summer) in the comics before they were released?

It did but back the we got six heroes in the winter and six villeins in the summer, or vice versa.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Plus, they focus on him to an even larger degree than a lot of the other characters who ARE sets, so I'd like to think that he has some importance.Granted, we'll find out in less than two months, but still XP. A Special Edition set would make my year, but more than likely he'll be in summer, if at all.There's also the possibility that they'll combine the waves, and premier the only TV episode in the summer instead (which would explain Stormer's presence, if the summer is indeed a continuation), but that would be sad. Stormer also looks even bigger than the current Heroes, more akin to the superhero size... maybe we'll get a third size Hero? XP

The Superheroes are in the same piece count range as the larger Heroes, so I am pretty sure a Stormer set would have the same size and price.

Just ordered EVO from Toys 'R' Us. I plan on ordering Rocka next from S@H.After seeing the video I want a Stormer set.And is Black Phantom german?? If so....even more reason for me to get him.

Black Phantom doesn´t sound German at all, so sorry to disappoint you. :PI think we can expect the purple villain and Stormer to appear in the summer wave. Taking into consideration that the Agori in TLR (which possibly had a higher budget) were clones of Raanu, Tarduk and Berix, I doubt Threshold would take the hassle to create completely original designs for characters that aren´t sold, especially using molds for summer sets.I will comment on the video in the talkback when it appears.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The Superheroes are in the same piece count range as the larger Heroes, so I am pretty sure a Stormer set would have the same size and price.
I know, but (licensing fee aside) the sets tend to be a lot bulkier, which is why they have the new friction joints; the higher piece count on a lot of the Hero sets currently is because of the nuances and little featurettes on them, like Rocka's ammo belt or Furno's turbines. We didn't even see Stormer with a weapon, and he's already bigger than the rest of them XP

Black Phantom doesn´t sound German at all, so sorry to disappoint you. :P
Not that he had much dialogue to tell from, but he sounded french-ish to me =P

Stormer at the very least looks like he as a new chest part. I suspect it fits onto the new 6-pack part, then the Hero Core goes onto that.Also just got Jawblade as a congragulations for getting accepted to a college. Looks pretty cool, but is a pain to pose. The way the mouth opens is also kinda eh...

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Hey guys, around 0:38 on that new video, some green 2.0 hero has Jimi Stringer's helmet on! And another one is yellow with a red body, and then there's the weird cyan breeze. What odd color choices :P Also, it seems the cores... twist? I ponder at what function that could enable.

doom4revalt.png

Stormer at the very least looks like he as a new chest part.

Stormer could be using Drilldozer's shoulders.

I'm more interested in the villains that have original molds.

So I'm guessing you did not like the Fire Lord's thugs?

You are their rock.

Stormer uses the new chest part that you can see on the Hulk set (which was shown at Comic-Con) from the Ultrabuild range in white. So it's not exclusive, persay, but there is a strong chance it will be released in the summer along with Hulk.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Stormer uses the new chest part that you can see on the Hulk set (which was shown at Comic-Con) from the Ultrabuild range in white. So it's not exclusive, persay, but there is a strong chance it will be released in the summer along with Hulk.-Mesonak

Yep, you're right. So it's a recolor. And as I suspected, there as some slots that can be used for a new Hero Core. Now the question is... who was it meant for? Bruce or Preston?
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Was directed to some of these cool wallpapers/graphics/images.[1] - [2] - [3] - [4] - [5]Some cool things.

Awesome images, thanks! :) There are also these ultra-high resolution images.

Any ideas when the next wave will be released?

What do you mean? The breakout, winter 2011 sets are already out.
I mean the rest of the winter sets. I've been going around three different boards and there's like nothing for Furno, Breez, Thornaxx, and Splitface.
Breez is really a secret. The others have definitely been released, though. All sets are already available in Germany, too, so it´s really only a matter of time until pictures of the remaining sets appear.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm more interested in the villains that have original molds.

So I'm guessing you did not like the Fire Lord's thugs?
I loved the Fire Lord thugs-- I'm definitely not against using reversible helmets. It's just that this purple guy has BP's same helmet and I doubt LEGO would reuse it in another set, especially for villain sets.Thanks for the new pictures, Dorek! Those CGI shots look amazing. I'm tempted to paint my sets when I get them, to give them that shiny-ness. Edited by Nuju's Translator

I mean the rest of the winter sets. I've been going around three different boards and there's like nothing for Furno, Breez, Thornaxx, and Splitface.
My Toys R Us only has the listed sets as well. I was wondering where Furno and friends were. I noticed with the 3.0 line, this particular TRU only had certain sets at first as well, but then a bit later the others filtered in. Maybe it has something to do with how the boxes are packed. They might have a box of Evos+Reapas, etc, and decided not to put out the boxes with the other figures yet.
7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

Just received Rocka yesterday. Great set, the best hero released by Lego as of yet in my opinion. Not to say he's without flaws, however, like his ridiculously disproportionate and oversized legs and his interesting color scheme (Gold, white, transparent green, gunmetal, and silver). Still, if you shorten his lower legs using the lower leg piece available in Stormer 2.0, it makes the set a lot better. Would recommend him to anyone.And that crossbow's awesome.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Breez is really a secret. The others have definitely been released, though. All sets are already available in Germany, too, so it´s really only a matter of time until pictures of the remaining sets appear.~Gata. ;)
I would expect SOME ToysRUs to have it, but either way Breez should be available online.So either way, all the sets show up one place or another. Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

Actually, Aho-Chan has a WIP using a size 5 green cladding, so I believe he has her. And I have seen a thornraxx review.So either way, all the sets show up one place or another.

lol, those are on Scorpio which he has been shown to have. Also, he told you in the comments that he doesn't have her and that they were from Scorpio. =P

overlordsukapon.png

Actually, Aho-Chan has a WIP using a size 5 green cladding, so I believe he has her. And I have seen a thornraxx review.So either way, all the sets show up one place or another.

lol, those are on Scorpio which he has been shown to have. Also, he told you in the comments that he doesn't have her and that they were from Scorpio. =P
Edit Ninja'd XPYeah, but everyone should be available online though. I wouldn't see why not.

doom4revalt.png

Was directed to some of these cool wallpapers/graphics/images.[1] - [2] - [3] - [4] - [5]Some cool things.

404 file not found :<So yeah, looks like the sets are pretty widespread. I haven't seen them anywhere, sadly. Been tempted to buy them online, but with shipping and tax, I'll never actually be saving money =/

404 file not found :<So yeah, looks like the sets are pretty widespread. I haven't seen them anywhere, sadly. Been tempted to buy them online, but with shipping and tax, I'll never actually be saving money =/
The images work, they just take a LOT to load, so beware.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm still getting the error, and Cholie is telling me that it's a registration-only site anyway. I think it's the site more than anything about the file, could you try hosting them elsewhere (like flickr, brickshelf, etc?)?Edit: Or choles can ask himself like a big boy.

Edited by Dorek

Any one out there want to hook us up with some pictures of the combined forms?

You are their rock.