Help with the Chronicler's Company

Indigogeek

Couldn't really tell where this would go, but here ya go. I'm trying to recreate the chronicler's company (Takua, Kapura, Macku, Hafu, Taipu, Tamaru, and Kopeke.) Some of these matoran are easy to make (Takua, Macku) but some I have a bit of question on. Ok, so first off: Taipu vs. Hafu, Which has the ruru, and which has the pakari? I get so confused on this. It seems like it changes every game! Next off, does Kapura have a ruru or a pakari? And finally: How do I create tamaru and kopeke? I'm not sure if their color schemes can be mimicked. If not, what do you think would be the best way to represent them? Now remember, I'm going to the company during MNOG, so kopeke should have a Komau. Thanks!

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Ok, so first off: Taipu vs. Hafu, Which has the ruru, and which has the pakari?

Hafu - Ruru, Taipu - Pakari.

Next off, does Kapura have a ruru or a pakari?

Pakari on Metru Nui, and Ruru on Mata Nui.

And finally: How do I create tamaru and kopeke? I'm not sure if their color schemes can be mimicked. If not, what do you think would be the best way to represent them? Now remember, I'm going to the company during MNOG, so kopeke should have a Komau.

Hmm... that's a good question. Tamaru is impossible to create; but Kopeke could be made with a light blue Komau and a sand-blue legs (from Matoro).

olda.png

"You are a Toa -- prove yourself worthy of the name!"

Onua, "Into the Nest"

An easy way to remember that Hafu has a Ruru is that he came out with that mask as a set. Another way to remember Taipu has a Pakari is that he's from Onu-Koro, which the Matoran seem to have an abundance of Pakari masks. So it's Hafu - Ruru | Taipu - Pakari.

As far as Kapura, at the time of the Chronicler's Company he had a Pakari as well.

And for Kopeke and Tamaru, you won't be able to make their accurate Matoran forms without painting parts, sadly enough. Kopeke would need light blue feet, and Tamaru would need a teal torso and arms like Kongu's, and lime feet.

(Argh, archivist_66 beat me to it!)

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

If you get a 3D printer and some ABS, you could create the parts that LEGO never gave us... Such as the Tamaru parts.

ABS? What is that? I actually have a 3D printer, so I want to know.

An easy way to remember that Hafu has a Ruru is that he came out with that mask as a set. Another way to remember Taipu has a Pakari is that he's from Onu-Koro, which the Matoran seem to have an abundance of Pakari masks. So it's Hafu - Ruru | Taipu - Pakari.

As far as Kapura, at the time of the Chronicler's Company he had a Pakari as well.

And for Kopeke and Tamaru, you won't be able to make their accurate Matoran forms without painting parts, sadly enough. Kopeke would need light blue feet, and Tamaru would need a teal torso and arms like Kongu's, and lime feet.

sig.png

Well, according to MNOG, Tamaru has a light blue torso and arms, which would be easier. Eljay, were you thinking of the "set" of tamaru? (The tohunga pic released in 2002.)

Edited by takua123

Tu2d6W7.jpg

If you get a 3D printer and some ABS, you could create the parts that LEGO never gave us... Such as the Tamaru parts.

ABS? What is that? I actually have a 3D printer, so I want to know.

>An easy way to remember that Hafu has a Ruru is that he came out with that mask as a set. Another way to remember Taipu has a Pakari is that he's from Onu-Koro, which the Matoran seem to have an abundance of Pakari masks. So it's Hafu - Ruru | Taipu - Pakari.

sig.png

Well, according to MNOG, Tamaru has a light blue torso and arms, which would be easier. Eljay, were you thinking of the "set" of tamaru? (The tohunga pic released in 2002.)

Well, the thing with that photo is that it clarified that he was teal and lime. In MNOG, Kongu's mask and feet were light blue as well, despite them being teal in the set. When Lego released those set pictures, they made it so that Tamaru's colors were just Kongu's, only in reverse. That was later reinforced by MNOG 2, where Tamaru looked like this.

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, this clears up a lot. Just one more question: if the light blue color was a bit uncannon in MNOG, is Kopeke's feet and mask supposed to be light blue or the sandy blue of Matoro?

It's interesting I've never seen that question asked before. It could be either. If we assume colours are all fixed in MNOG 2, we see Ko-Matoran with both sand blue and light blue. I think light blue, because one colour mistake doesn't necessarily suggest there will be many, and light blue is viable.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Ah, this clears up a lot. Just one more question: if the light blue color was a bit uncannon in MNOG, is Kopeke's feet and mask supposed to be light blue or the sandy blue of Matoro?

The light blue on Kopeke is canon. The set pictures show it as being light blue, so I'd assume it would be that way. :)

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

Aww, I was just about to do this! Except I'm doing it in a different style, but ah well.

Anyways, about Kopeke:

Kopeke set pic: Matoro set pic:

150px-Set_Kopeke.png120px-Set_Matoro_Matoran.png

I see a clear difference there. I assume it's Kopeke is light blue.

Although MNOLG:

150px-MNOLG_Matoran_Kopeke.PNG120px-MNOLG_Matoran_Matoro.png

It does look very similar. Maybe they just used a consistant palette, and didn't want to get new colors for each? Still, Matoro does seem slightly darker.

So in conclusion, the parts I would need to paint would be this correct? Tamaru's Body, arms, and legs. Kopeke's Legs, and, I might paint a ruru red (It might be hard to get the misprint) Also, does anybody have any ideas for a good way to portray takua's backback (the one from MNOG)

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Actually, the Red Ruru came in a Bionicle Clock set in 2002, so some masks are actually not misprints. Just an interesting fact I stumbled on while trying to obtain my own Chronicler's Company.And for Takua's backpack, I've usually seen it represented with a Roborider head in blue. You could also 3D print the part. I might be willing to do the modeling if you want.

I mean this clock, that came with a Kaukau and Red Ruru. And I think I may work on getting a model figured out for the backpack. It would be a cool piece to have. :D EDIT: You know, I just took a look at Kapura's BS01 page, and I think he may have had a Red Pakari at some point on Mata Nui, which had been changed later. Quotes:

On Metru Nui, Kapura wielded a Kanoka Disk Launcher and wore a powerless red Pakari, the latter of which he kept after the Matoran migrated to Mata Nui. However, he took to wearing a powerless red Kanohi Ruru between his time in the Chronicler's Company and the outset of the Bohrok War.

Kapura was the one who alerted the Toa Mata about the attack of the Bohrok swarms on Ta-Koro. They had found him lying on the ground in a state of shock, repeating the word 'Bohrok' over and over.

...which is documented in Comic #4, pg. 3. The Matoran who warns them clearly has a Red Pakari. (Although his body is black, but there have been a lot of coloring errors in the early comics)Also, his MNOLG version compared with Takua:150px-MNOLG_Matoran_Kapura.PNG120px-MNOG_Items.pngIt would appear they both have a Pakari, but that's also possibly an error, as Hafu and Taipu also had their masks switched. Edited by Click

• 2 weeks later...

So in conclusion, the parts I would need to paint would be this correct? Tamaru's Body, arms, and legs. Kopeke's Legs, and, I might paint a ruru red (It might be hard to get the misprint) Also, does anybody have any ideas for a good way to portray takua's backback (the one from MNOG)

i can sculpt you one, but that takes time.

If you want a red ruru, it'll usually set you back about $20, regardless of if its a misprint or not. And no, i'm not selling mine!

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

What's really sad is the red Ruru is more expensive than most of the other Rurus that are completely misprints on Bricklink. The lowest price for a red is $16, and the others are more around $12. Except for black, which is a nice, affordable $.47 :D

That's cuz the black one isn't a misprint, it came with Hafu.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!