BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I have no idea what anyone is talking about anymore, so I'm just going to wallow in my misery. My plan in Ko-Koro failed, and Dayeth has been defeated and captured. Who knew that playing Matoran villains was so difficult, or that mercs were so dishonourable? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It'll only be fun for me if Legacy wins Ko-Koro. If not, I'll probably be rotting in prison forever! Yay! Fun times...

(Hopefully you can sense the sarcasm there).

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This game should be renamed Fun Times: The RPG

This name may have some sketchy connotations somewhere in the deep web and it scares me 

SO speaking of my Ko-Koro fam: I've been seeing a lot of activity and great roleplaying on both sides. Always a hint of chaos, but that's never gonna be avoided in a BZPRPG brawl, so all things considered things have been p ace so far. Keep making me proud!

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I have no idea what anyone is talking about anymore, so I'm just going to wallow in my misery. My plan in Ko-Koro failed, and Dayeth has been defeated and captured. Who knew that playing Matoran villains was so difficult, or that mercs were so dishonourable? 

Well, mercs will be mercs (and in this case, I think survival instinct was a factor); by their very nature they're less than honorable. :P On a more serious note, however, Matoran are harder to play. That's actually why I encourage people to try. Villain or hero, their use requires a much steeper learning curve than, say, a Toa. When I first tried, I was horrible at it. However, that same Matoran is now my favorite character; and arguably a major factor in why I'm even half as good as I am today.

Dayeth isn't dead; she's been captured. If the Legacy wins, the hospital will have to evacuate, and she'll probably either have to be left behind or be brought along. If the former, you're set. If the latter, well, there'll be a bit of chaos involved; and maybe, eventually, a chance to escape.

Transformers the Movie: BZPRPG Edition.

Fun times.

We don't talk about that.

Ever.

It didn't happen.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I was never involved in any such thing. I am an upstanding pillar of this community. There are no expies in my profile post, nor have there ever been. I think it is time we return to more relevant matters.

(No but seriously y'all are straying from the most stretched definition of what can be called "relevant". Stahpit. :P)

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I was never involved in any such thing. I am an upstanding pillar of this community. There are no expies in my profile post, nor have there ever been. I think it is time we return to more relevant matters.

(No but seriously y'all are straying from the most stretched definition of what can be called "relevant". Stahpit. :P)

Come on, Big Convoy.

Most mercenaries do like to live long enough to actually spend the money they earn. Mortem was down (?), and your character was pinned to the ground by Kellin. Even if Verulas hadn't become acquaintances with Cancer beforehand and did take the job (which he would have tried to finish as bailing gives mercs a bad reputation and would thus affect him being hired in the future), that would still leave him going up against an Ussal Crab and Krayzikk (who a. can effectively teleport, b. is a Titan, c. took down a Vortixx in one blow (?), and d. uses a morning star that's probably almost the size of Verulas' entire body). Also, Verulas is almost entirely a stealth build, which due to the snow would have been pretty ineffective as Mortem attempted the same strategy (and look where that got him). Taking all of that into account, as it happened in character for him to see, the best option for him was to not do what you were trying to hire him to do.

My Toa of Plantlife likes money, but he isn't suicidal.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Just to clarify, that 100 widgets was just for you to get Kellin off me so that Dayeth could make a run for it. 

I'm thinking things might have gone a little differently if I'd specified that IC.

But, oh well, it's just a game...

Actually, follow-up question: where exactly does a Toa of Plantilife find, ya know, plants, in the snow of Ko-Koro? I'm kind of wondering where the wood used to bind Dayeth actually came from. Not that it matters now, since she's unconscious thanks to your poisoned dagger, but still...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Yes, but doesn't there need to be something already there to create the plants. You can't grow something from nothing, unless that's a required secondary power for Plantlife Toa that no one told me about...

Creating fire or drawing from the moisture in the air makes sense, growing vines out of pure energy doesn't make nearly as much sense. Because this is a game, and my character is out of commission irregardless, I'm not super concerned about this anyway. 

But apparently, according to BS01, creating and... absorbing(How the heck does that work?) Plant Life are indeed powers that Toa of the Green can use. 

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Jungle

Here's the list of examples it gives - I've underlined the three main terms.  

• Creating plant life (So yes, apparently Toa of the Green really can create life from nothing). 
  • Controlling plant life - Changing the form of plants
  • Absorbing plant life (Can someone explain to me how the this even works?)
  • Unleashing a Nova Blast of the Green (can Toa even do Nova Blasts in the RPG?) 

Well obviously you eat the plant.

Somehow I don't think that's quite what it means...

DF5fYYO.png

What... is that? 

But yes, Shadowhawk's idea is the most sensible explanation I've heard so far. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

These people have magitech built in to their bodies. I don't think making a plant is all that hard.

If you wanted a purely technological reason, energy-matter converter.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Okay, I'll roll with it.

But, on a point I made a bit further up. Can Toa perform Nova Blasts in the RPG? I've seen no evidence of it, but nor have I seen anything saying that we can't

DF5fYYO.png

What... is that? 

That would be King Crimson, I think.  It's a guardian spirit from a spectacularly fabulous manga (seriously, it's freaking awesome) with a power that's kinda annoying to explain, so people who ask how it works generally get told something along the lines of "It just does, now shut up."

Slightly more on topic, I could totally see a Toa of Plantlife uprooting a bunch of greenery at once and then turning it into a swirling mass of energy which she then devours.  ^_^

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Okay, cool. That answers that question.