BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

No, seriously! Surely a Fe-Toa could create as much money as they want?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If they knew the what alloys were used and memorized every single tiny little detail, then I suppose, but I'm going to assume that the widget-making process is a closely-guarded secret and leave it at that. Besides, I was also thinking of using the powers for lockpicking, climbing, and escaping as well, and Magnetism just isn't as versatile as Iron is.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I always thought widgets were just thrown together from scrap metal? And I still argue that a Fe-Toa could set up a nice money-laundering business.

Besides, I was also thinking of using the powers for lockpicking, climbing, and escaping as well, and Magnetism just isn't as versatile as Iron is.

You can use magnetism to levitate, though. Iron can't do that.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

How dare you sell me out me like that

i made a living off playing long-distance power characters by doing that.

Back on-topic, I assume the mints employ Fe-Toa of their own that forge the coins, so they have their own anti forging patterns only they know about.

Edited by Tenth Norik

I always thought widgets were just thrown together from scrap metal? And I still argue that a Fe-Toa could set up a nice money-laundering business.

Besides, I was also thinking of using the powers for lockpicking, climbing, and escaping as well, and Magnetism just isn't as versatile as Iron is.

You can use magnetism to levitate, though. Iron can't do that.

True, and levitation would counter both the sight and noise of footsteps... Combine that with a Huna, and said character would be pretty darn sneaky...

On the other hand, there wouldn't really be a need to do that when you can essentially take someone's coin-purse from a distance, unless the thief was trying to steal something non-metalic.

Congratulations, Roman. Your very convincing argument has made this decision slightly more difficult.

Edited by timageness411
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Congratulations, Roman. Your very convincing argument has made this decision slightly more difficult.

Making things difficult for people is part of my job description.  :evilbiggrin:

No, seriously! Surely a Fe-Toa could create as much money as they want?

Could they? Sure. It just doesn't mean anything in a game where currency is fluid, there is no set value, people have as much of it as the plot demands, and we have no idea how the currency is made. It just isn't a factor.

As for this...

How to Play a Toa of Magnetism in Three Easy Steps:

Step 1 - Copy Ghosthands.

Step 2 - ???

Step 3 - Profit.

It should be noted that levitation was something Echelon could do. While it is theoretically possible for other Toa of Magnetism, they would have to be on the same level of skill Echelon is. Which is to say elementally skilled, and utterly useless in anything that isn't either a Kanohi or your element. Echelon only got away with his more ludicrous power usages way back when because the boss gave permission for that degree of specialization for him back in 2012.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

its a good thing we're playing a game where everyone gets elements because otherwise i would just put a ban on every single element

everything's OP, and it hasn't been a problem until the last couple years

hmmm 

-Tyler

• Upvote 8

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

okay, look. i'm gonna level with everyone here because that last comment sounded a bit passive aggressive and it was meant to - but here's my reasoning

a. ghosthands explored all this years ago

b. gravs took care of whatever table scraps ghosthands missed

c. BOTH ghosthands and gravity are retreading arguments that happened over years and years of an entire generation of players (that are mostly long gone now) all arguing over what their toa could do.

if you really think something new can be done with your toa, do it IC. that's my take. honestly what's the worst that could happen??? i could find out about it, someone with more of a background in science than me could tell me it doesn't work, and then i tell you that it doesn't work. it either gets retconned or ignored and life goes on. whereas every time it gets brought up in N&D it goes on for pages, and nobody wants to read those pages, and it just becomes this total cluster bomb that clutters up the topic. i'd rather take care of people who show a little brass IC then have to deal with it in the topic over and over again - and that's my beef, is that these discussions have cropped up more and more since this arc started, and if you compare the discussion topic from last arc to the one from this arc i personally think it suffers from it

so yeah. that's my take. just use this topic to have some lighthearted convos about stuff you like in the game instead of stuff you maybe could possibly but probably not do. party on garth

-Tyler

• Upvote 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

if you really think something new can be done with your toa, do it IC. that's my take. honestly what's the worst that could happen??? 

Yeah, my gravity toa tried to absorb all the gravity in a room but it got retconned out of existence :P

Edited by Silo

Kathok

if you really think something new can be done with your toa, do it IC. that's my take. honestly what's the worst that could happen??? 

Yeah, my gravity toa tried to absorb all the gravity in a room but it got retconned out of existence :P

someone spent less time in a science textbook than me

achievement: 20g

they start repelling everything around them

just like me ;_;

hello darkness my old friend

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Yeah, my gravity toa tried to absorb all the gravity in a room and it got retconned out of existence :P

Wait.

Ba-Toa can't absorb their element period.

Like, how would that work...?

:s

Yeah, apparently gravity isn't an absorb-able element  -_-

How... What? You mean like making the entire room antigravity, or what?

Basically absorbing all the gravity elemental energy in the room to create zero gravity, but also make the toa stronger. Probably should have checked with staff first...

Edited by Silo

Kathok

okay, look. i'm gonna level with everyone here because that last comment sounded a bit passive aggressive and it was meant to - but here's my reasoning

a. ghosthands explored all this years ago

b. gravs took care of whatever table scraps ghosthands missed

c. BOTH ghosthands and gravity are retreading arguments that happened over years and years of an entire generation of players (that are mostly long gone now) all arguing over what their toa could do.

if you really think something new can be done with your toa, do it IC. that's my take. honestly what's the worst that could happen??? i could find out about it, someone with more of a background in science than me could tell me it doesn't work, and then i tell you that it doesn't work. it either gets retconned or ignored and life goes on. whereas every time it gets brought up in N&D it goes on for pages, and nobody wants to read those pages, and it just becomes this total cluster bomb that clutters up the topic. i'd rather take care of people who show a little brass IC then have to deal with it in the topic over and over again - and that's my beef, is that these discussions have cropped up more and more since this arc started, and if you compare the discussion topic from last arc to the one from this arc i personally think it suffers from it

so yeah. that's my take. just use this topic to have some lighthearted convos about stuff you like in the game instead of stuff you maybe could possibly but probably not do. party on garth

-Tyler

New blood, new arguments. Let's just be thankful that's its just individual PCs, and not Armies of PC Organizations... 

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur