Coincidence?

Is it a coincidence that Matoro's Mahri mask could ineffectively bring back the dead and that his destined mask could bring them(well, Mata Nui at least) back entirely?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I think he means that there hypothetically could be some Matoran wearing powerless immoral Kanohi. If they became a Toa or something and didn't like the mask they had, they'd probably just get a new one. (That's a bit off-topic, though...)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The mask is immoral, and the Ignika did give it to him as a test. Now there are other Matoran that did carry some immoral masks. If they became Toa, who knows what would happen.

I assume they would absorb other masks similar to the way the mata did, and use those.

I'm pretty sure the question has been answered...

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Most of the posts saying this has been answered do not appear to me to answer the topic starter's question, if I'm understanding it right:

But do you think it chose that immoral mask over any other because of what I said? is my question.

Emphasis mine. So he's asking if it chose that specific power (not just immoral in general, which is what a test of character would be about), over any other -- if it chose that power for the reason he said.

I always assumed it was meant as in-story foreshadowing (as in by the Ignika, not the authors of the story), hinting to Matoro that he would have to die, by giving him a power related to death in some way. It's also possible you're right, TK; it might be because both the Ignika and that mask bring people back to life and the Ignika was going to do that for Mata Nui. Either explanation works. Not sure if any has ever been confirmed.

And by the way, guys, if you ever think a topic should be closed, posting over and over saying that is generally not advised; instead report it. :) But in this case I don't see confirmation of what he was actually asking (correct me if I've misunderstood, TK).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The mask is immoral, and the Ignika did give it to him as a test. Now there are other Matoran that did carry some immoral masks. If they became Toa, who knows what would happen.

Where?

Radiak, Gavla, Kirop, Vican, Vultraz...

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Okay, bonesiii, my mistake. I misread it. :lol:

Greg didn't say that, I don't think.

What would giving those Matoran those masks do? They can't use them.

Could've been for the same reason they were made into shadow Matoran in the first place- the chance of them becoming a Toa. :notsure:

but their spirits

Where?

Many of them are in the Ignition comics. The masks of incomprehension and aging were both in the first volume I believe, and the mask of undeath was on a matoran in Karzahni's relm in the Atlas.

Foam_Finger_Matoran.PNG

the statement below is true
the statement above is a lie

Okay, bonesiii, my mistake. I misread it. :lol:

Could've been for the same reason they were made into shadow Matoran in the first place- the chance of them becoming a Toa. :notsure:

That was the Makuta's goal. To turn them into Toa of Shadow.

All those masks were given to them by the Makuta. If you notice, they are all Shadow Matoran. They did not wear those masks normally.

Actually it was my suggestion and Greg canonized it, so yes, Greg did say so, for the Shadow Matoran masks. I forget exactly how I worded it (and a google search just failed to turn it up), but basically the Makuta wanted them to wear immoral mask shapes to better fit their evil nature as Shadow Matoran. It's sort of like planting a flag somewhere to symbolize ownership. They were saying, your old identity is gone now; you're ours.

They'd have given them to them once they transformed then, right?

Correct.

I guess so. But I also thought that they had always had those masks, for some reason...

No, Greg canonized that they were given them by the Makuta.

Where?

Many of them are in the Ignition comics. The masks of incomprehension and aging were both in the first volume I believe, and the mask of undeath was on a matoran in Karzahni's relm in the Atlas.

All of these instances were of Matoran who were in or came from Karzahni's realm (Voya Nui Matoran). I don't think Greg ever canonized confirmation of this but what I had in mind is that Karzahni gave them those shapes. (Well, it's canon that he gives people different mask shapes from what they originally had, just not confirmed that he did so in those instances.) So that wouldn't be representative of Matoran in the rest of the MU.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

For the most part, they weren't named, just seen in the comics. As mentioned before, there were a bunch on Voya Nui. None on Mata Nui, though, as far as I know (could've been some in the one thousand who just didn't know what their mask was?).

but their spirits

For the most part, they weren't named, just seen in the comics. As mentioned before, there were a bunch on Voya Nui. None on Mata Nui, though, as far as I know (could've been some in the one thousand who just didn't know what their mask was?).

Possible, but not likely. I would think that the influence of immoral/moral masks as viewed by Toa would have trickled down to the mask makers in Mata Nui, which would ensure that no Mata Nui Matoran had immoral masks. (The mask makers could have started it to begin with, although I doubt that as well, as the Toa would probably decide...they have to use the things. Anyway.)

Anyway, to take a stab at the OP, I think it was a mark of the Ignika on Matoro (this one's mine!). The other masks make sense to help the Toa underwater, that one is different and immoral.

Possible, but not likely. I would think that the influence of immoral/moral masks as viewed by Toa would have trickled down to the mask makers in Mata Nui, which would ensure that no Mata Nui Matoran had immoral masks.

Yeah, good point. I forgot about the significant influence of the Mangai (and perhaps other Toa) on Metru Nui.

but their spirits