BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

OOC: Maru exiting, Temple of Doom style!

IC (Leah):

Leah had to grant her opponents one thing: The Piraka-led Rahkshi certainly took an opening when one presented itself. Luckily, she was still keeping tabs on all  the enemies in the cavern and despite its stealth, the Rahkshi of ice resistance had not gone unnoticed.  There was also the buzzing in her ears of the the bugs zeroing in on her, courtesy of the insect control Rahkshi; and the mind control Rahkshi was still moving as well. Their attacks were vicious, but overeager: The streams of water Leah had summoned were not single use projectiles - she literally bent them to her will since she was in active control of them. And though she could feel that control slipping away rapidly, she had enough left to make the jets that had missed curve right back around and go after their targets again. Before the Rahkshi of ice resistance and mind reading could follow through with the full force of their attacks, the water was upon them again, just as strong as before.

Still, the Toa of water was not unaffected: As she tried to jump away from the incoming bugs and out of the range of the ice resistance Rahkshi's staff, the concentration-shattering blast of the mind reading Rahkshi caused her to mess up her landing and she hit the ground hard, tumbling over before catching herself on her elbows and knees. A moment later, the pain from the impact kicked in on her right side, starting with her shoulder, which hurt just to move slightly. Just then, the first bugs were on her, biting with small, electric shock stings that numbed the epidermis around them right after. She swatted at one but already more were inbound. Before the swarms could fully envelop her, she summoned a sphere of water that formed right on her skin and quickly expanded, rapidly rotating and keeping the bugs off of her. Only a few meters away, Reordin and Sulov were holding their own, but the Rahkshi were pressing them hard, despite the Toa of ice starting to encase the Rahkshi in mid-air.

This is getting too intense, Leah thought. The fight was not going well for them at this point and though they were not outmatched, they were very much outnumbered: The Rahkshi were attacking from more angles than they could cover. If they hadn't lost the element of surprise to sheer dumb luck on their opponent's part, they would have gotten the drop on them. But as things were, the best they could do now was fight them to a stalemate, and only if they were lucky. And that couldn't last forever either.

With the sphere providing momentary protection, the Toa of water concentrated on her elemental reserves and then reached out to the groundwater once more. It was time to retreat and regroup. But they were not going to do it while ducking and running, they would do it on their own terms. And maybe, just maybe, they could turn it into an object lesson for the Piraka as well.

Using the groundwater as fuel for her sphere and using her own ability to generate more water, Leah made it rapidly grow in size, all the while keeping up its rotation. But she kept pushing her reach further, drawing upon more than just the well. She reached out into the cavern itself, the moisture in the air and the water in the earth beyond the stone walls.  It started raining from the ceiling, it burst from the walls and welled up from the ground beneath their feet, flooding the room and adding to the growing sphere. Which, by the time it reached Reordin, was already large enough to reach halfway up to the ceiling of the cavern. Leah had given no warning to her brothers and so the Toa of ice suddenly found himself standing in a bubble as the water surged and flowed around him. The same happened to Sulov and his companions a few seconds later: They were all swallowed up and kept safe in bubbles carried by the maelstrom that had by now expanded to the staircase leading to the vault. Any of their opponents caught in its wake would not be so fortunate - in addition to the risk of drowning, the currents inside were violent, strong enough to grind rocks into sand - and they would not be carried to safety by them, unlike the Toa.

With her control over the sphere, Leah brought her allies together inside, then joined the bubble herself. "What in Karz name are you doing?" Reordin asked. Leah's face was a grimace of concentration as she replied: "Getting us out of here. Path of least resistance. Everybody hang on!" The flood began to surge forward rapidly and Reordin did as asked, hanging onto the nearest safe object: Sulov's back.

The force of the water had been considerable before already, but as it hit the far side of the room and was pressed into the tunnels, the added pressure propelled them along at even greater speed. They could feel the change in direction of the tunnels: left right and always up. Leah was pushing them towards the surface as fast as she could, but she also felt the toll the action was taking on her. By the time they reemerged under open skies she didn't even know how long  the trip had lasted. As soon as they were clear of the tunnel's end she relinquished her elemental control. The rest of the wave washed over them and left them lying on the ground, utterly soaked. Leah didn't move, her muscles aching too much to do anything. If it wasn't for the adrenaline still pumping through her, she would have passed out already.

"So much for our quick investigation..." she mumbled, then glanced around. "Where are we?"
Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ic:

"... I wish I could still do that," Arden griped, slowly getting back up again.

"Can't you be grateful we're still alive?"

"You made us charge a rahkshi!"

"Yes, but then we go saved by the nice-hipped-"

To save Aeolus the trouble of finishing the sentence, Arden slapped him.

"-uh, yes," Aeolus said, steam rolling of their body as he used their powers to dry themselves off, "if we're going to do this logically... We're above the ground. Somewhere."

"Gee, brilliant deduction Aeolus."

IC:

There are muscles here I didn't know people even had, thought Reordin Maru, rolling off Sulov's back and sitting upright with a ragged groan. Leah was laying on her stomach, head tilted to the right to stare at her teammates; the Toa of Earth to his left was already checking his prosthetic and supplies, examining their survival situation, looking around for telltale clues as to a general location. Reo inched over to Leah and cracked his back with a cold fist. He brought the hand over to Leah's back and replicated a small cooling effect to take some of the edge off her fatigue.

"What the just happened to us? No, seriously...what just happened there? Buy six rabid creatures of chaos and death, get your next four free?"

You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yeah."

She sighed.

"Then let's go find Joske."

"Sulov, you get a Kimi trace on Joske before we left?"

Sulov shook his head once as he examined a berry. Reordin ran a hand over the scoped half of his mask.

"Alright. We'll track him the hard way. Just five more minutes. I need to lay down. Hit my ribs on the...bwaaa.

Exhausted, the Toa of Ice rolled over on his back and groaned again.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hormd Gronjkr- Kini Nui

IC: It seemed that their trip into the semi-ruined tower was going to wait as a small flood brought several Toa out of a nearby entrance to Mangaia. Making his way over to the group, the Ko-Matoran called out.

"You look like you could use a few bandages there, Toa."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Dayeth.

"Well then..." she looked around, "onwards and downwards, then?" 

IC: (Mortem)

"I...suppose so..." he would have asked Dayeth to cover the lightstone in honour of this sacred place of shadow, but to be honest, he had already tripped over once and was somewhat glad of the light, even if he wouldn't admit it...

His train of thought was broken by a single unearthly screech, some way away in the direction they had come from, and he started walking faster, glancing at the map again...

Kathok

"Please tell me that noise was just in my head," Dayeth muttered, drawing her axe clumsily in one hand, trying to keep hold of the lightstone at the same time. "I don't think we're alone down here..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"What is going on down here?" Dayeth breathed. She was no stranger to death and destruction, but this was on a whole different level. She fumbled with her axe, accidentally dropping the lightstone down into the blood pooling on the ground at her feet.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Yes, that's a great idea..." Dayeth mmurmed as she picked up the bloodied lightstone and hurried after Mortem, "...let's run towards the terrifying noise in the dark underground tunnels..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"It what? Karz!" Dayeth took off after Mortem. It was impossible to tell in the darkness where the sound truly came from. If it was coming from behind them, what had killed the Matoran? Were there two monsters down in the darkness with them? Dayeth was in no hurry to find out. Makuta guarded his secrets well, but she intended to find them. She hadn't come this far to die alone and forgotten down here in the bowels of the island. 

IC (Leah):

The cool hand of Reordin on her back was soothing, but it only dulled the ache, not relieving it completely. So instead of trying to get back on her feet, she continued lying down, trying to figure out how they were going to find Joske again. The Toa had been in the vault, obviously. So he was the only trustworthy one who could tell them what was going on inside. He was also a speedster that had a habit of zig-zagging across the island within a day.

Before she could deduce anything about where he might have gone, the others spoke again. She looked to Arden and Aeolus.

"Thanks for the help. Not bad for an impromptu fight against Rahkshi with the odds against us."

"You look like you could use a few bandages there, Toa." another voice spoke up. Turning her head slightly, the Toa of water caught sight of a Ko-Matoran.

"Bandages and a lot of rest." the Toa replied. 

OOC: can we just...walk into the Abbetor's tunnel? How does it work? 

Mortem continued to run through the twisting tunnels; he had faith in Makuta and his sons, but these ones were either lost Makuta's guidance or were under the control of another, perhaps the Piraka. Surely the allies of the Dark Lord would realise that he was not a foe...Surely...

According to the map, they were close to the tunnel that housed the creature that guarded the vault. Of course it would accept him: he was true in his faith to Makuta...

Kathok

OOC: no idea. The last time I had a character down here she got intercepted by the Piraka before making it this far...

"Slow down!" Dayeth hissed, "we don't know what's down here." Rushing headlong into the situation was a bad idea. Dayeth had done it once before, and it had cost her a hand.

She wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Traur

Traur had sat down to continue watch the group ahead of him. He was working up the courage to approach them when something caught his eye. A flood of water poured out of... somewhere, and Traur was almost sure he could see several bodies amidst the water. He wasn't sure what had just happened, but his curiosity got the better of him.

Jogging closer to the clump of bodies, he now realized they were Toa. One of the Matoran Traur had been watching had approached them and said something he couldn't catch. One of the Toa responded.

Traur drew closer. Clearing his throat, he asked, "Anyone need some help, here?"

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

OOC: @Nato & Silo: The two Piraka currently occupying the Vault are a bit busy, but their Rahkshi can interact with your characters for the moment. Also, if you're looking for a specific sort of item (antidermis, custom tech, etcetera), make sure you PM the player of that specific Piraka.

-IC:-

Unfortunately for Leah, her elemental constructs were much less impressive than intended, due to her subjection to a continual stream of mental agony; the water jets collided feebly with their targets and had no visible effect. Her elementally-powered retreat, fuelled by desperation, was considerably more effective. As the nearby Rahkishi took to the air, the water expanded with much less speed and power than she intended, due to her inability to truly focus. She was capable of moving her and her allies to safety with relatively impressive speed, but the intended drowning generated only water to waist level. The Rahkshi choose not to follow, deciding to let their opponents risk travelling through the water-gorged tunnels.

Such a fascinating recession. Simply utilizing the Earth Toa's abilities to retreat would have been considerably more effective (and would remove the very likely possibility of having your intended route of escape collapse upon you due to structural damage). But, alas, it appears I am restricted to the role of silent critic.

It appears immediate danger is mitigated; elucidate our glorious leader to the identity of our attackers, and prepare defenses.

I motion to one of my Rahkshi, commanding them to remove me from my position on the side of a stalagmite, above the water. Once lifted, I state Zaktan's name, and the ascension begins. The other five Rahkshi take defensive positions around the room, preparing in case of a secondary attack.

I reach the Abettor with relatively agreeable speed, pausing to wait patiently for the mechanical titan to move aside. My movements are restricted; leg subjected to moderate limp. The pain is exquisite, oscillating betwixt dull brutality and vivid excruciation.

Five attackers. Several Maru; I suspect at least one of them being otherwise.” I sit on the edge of the stairs, removing the makeshift bandoleer-bandage. “Return, if it occurs, is of uncertain immanence.” My eyes explode into twin beams of incineration. My leg becomes as fire. The majority of lifeforms would begin screaming; my smile slightly widens. “Your suggested course of action?” Wound cauterized, I turn my gaze, momentarily unclear, to Zaktan, and lick the slowly drying blood from my fingers. Ambrosial.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION - EDIT PENDING)

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Riiight, because after treating every water attack Leah made like a supersoaker shot in this fight, a final all-out assault comes down to *splish* and *splash* for the Rahkshi? Sorry, but no, that is not acceptable, especially since I got permission from two staff for that escape and covered opponents for both Reo and Sulov, who's players were busy with real life stuff. Not cool and officially calling OP on that.  

IC (Leah):

With a deep breath, the Toa of water slowly pushed herself up and into a sitting position as she slowly felt her strength returning to her. Physical strength, at least. She would need to find a source of water to recharge her elemental reserves again.

• Upvote 1

OOC: Nato: I've talked to Nuju, and apparently it would be easier if we just did a timeskip till after we leave the vault, rather than acting it out IC. Do you mind if we do this, or would you rather do it IC?

Mortem looked up: they had arrived.

Kathok

OOC: it sounds fine to me; I'll just need to PM Nuju about what effect the antidermis will have on Dayeth since we haven't discussed that yet.

"Quiet!" Dayeth whispered, covering up her lightstone. "Look!" she pointed towards the cavern that lay ahead. Silhouetted in the entrance was the menacing shadow of a Rahkshi standing guard. It sounded like there were more behind it as well.

She smiled; this was going to be fun.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

OOC: Speaking of being busy, I'm terribly sorry about that. Let's go.

IC: You know, Reordin, I won't always be available for a hug.

But I can't say that when Thok is sitting on my city.

Sulov Maru can't have limits.

Location: temple area, secure w/ friendlies. I open the gun and reload it. Safety first.

Then I start rifling through the supplies while I plan. We're not allowing distractions.

Our priorities are: finding Joske and returning home. They are incumbent and pressing, but unrelated; we can't accomplish both as one group.

"Joske was headed for Ta," I note, ignoring Mr. Curious. I would explain things, but I think they can do that without wasting time. "You follow him." The strangers look like allies. I stock the others anyways, putting three days rations before each and giving them the first-aid kit. 

"Thok is near Onu-Koro. I'll hunt him."

Edited by Own Personal Quixote
  • Upvote 2

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: If you're ready, hope you don't mind a short timeskip :P

The vortixx stalked out of the tunnel leading to the vault, clutching a small tube of greenish-black liquid that seemed to swirl and glow with a life of it's own...

He turned to Dayeth; "Are you ready?" he asked. Who knew what powers the antidermis would grant him or his fellow, but he was about to find out...

Kathok

Dayeth brandished an identical vial of Makuta's evil essence. She could feel raw power radiating from the tiny object clasped in her one hand.

"I've waited my whole life for an opportunity like this... Yes, I am ready."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"For Makuta..." the Vortixx said, but his heart wasn't in it: anything could happen to him after he was affected by the antidemis.

No. He had to do this, to be strong, to serve his purpose...

Holding the vial above his head, Mortem shattered it with a slash from one claw, sending the pulsating liquid destruction cascading over him.

Pain erupted all over his body, burning, intense and concentrated, and then freezing, bitter cold.

The vortixx staggered blindly, the pain blurring his vision and overriding his senses. He stepped sideways blindly, reaching out his arm to support himself against the wall of the tunnel.

At the point where his clawed hand met the stone, within a split second of it touching, the wall exploded outwards, knocking Mortem backwards and sending fragments of rock flying across the width of the tunnel.

From his position on the ground, Mortem stared in horror at his hand. the pain had decreased, but now that he could see, his vision had changed. Every surface in sight glowed and pulsated, some of the light concentrated into strands. Where the wall had exploded, the rock glowed bright.

Mortem smiled.

Getting up, he walked over to a patch of darker wall. Weakness in the structure. Placing his hand on the cool stone, he thought to how the wall had fragmented before. Accessing that memory, Mortem told the rock to shatter. And it did.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

Watching Mortem's transformation, and seeing him blessed with the power of one of Makuta's own sons spurred her into action. She ripped away the bandages covering her hand and tore out the stitches. Blood flowed freely from the stump, washing over the pieces of crystal still stuck to her wrist.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the vial of dark fluid and poured it over the wound. Fiery pain ripped through her body, and she fell to her knees. It burned, like fire flooding her veins.

She could feel the antidermis leaching into her body. Flesh sizzled, and she saw steam rising from the stump of her hand. Picking up the red lightstone, she held it over the hand, fighting through the haze of pain in order to remain conscious and observe the miracle that had befallen her.

There was a sharp cracking sound, and spikes of bone erupted from the pulsating stump. They split apart, forming into segments. She was growing new fingers!

Heat radiated from her new hand as skin and muscle began to form over the new bones. Talons the colour of volcanic glass grew from her fingertips. Blood filled the new veins - blood that glowed a fiery red, clearly visible through the translucent black skin of her new hand.

She held it up appraisingly  turning it over, admiring how perfectly the new flesh had fused to the old. Seamless and crystalline, her new hand radiated with raw power. "Thank you, Makuta..." she whispered, rising to her feet.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

The strange vision was fading, as was the pain, but new energy and power shot through Mortem: he felt stronger, faster and more agile than he had ever been...

"We must leave this place - Makuta has further need of us." he said, turning to Dayeth.

"Where shall we go?"

Kathok

"Up..." Dayeth cackled, picking up the red lightstone in her new hand and melting it to slag. "We shall rise up into the light, and bring darkness to the world!"

She raised her new hand - her Ash Hand - in front of her, palm upwards, and a small ball of flame slowly formed, lighting up the tunnel around them. The shadows seemed to recognise that this light was the work of darkness, and made no attempt to snuff it out.

She turned to Mortem, a wicked grin spreading across her face. "We shall go wherever we please."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Mortem smiled too; this matoran had once seemed weak in faith, putting her own needs before the will of Makuta, yet lying to all, including herself, that she was serving him. Now he could see that she and him shared a goal and a belief.

Mortem shuddered at the thought that even he himself had once considered turning from Makuta: in Ko, when the pain and cold had been too much, he had not cared for the will of his god. Now, it was all he cared for...that, and the urge to destroy. To destroy. To destroy all!

He turned to Dayeth, and said: "To the koros we shall go, to destroy any who stand before us."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mortem and Dayeth walked into the light of the sun, an aura of shade covering them: maybe it was a trick of the light, but the air around them seemed darker, quieter, more dead.

"Where should we pay visit to first?"

Edited by Silo

Kathok

"Perhaps we should return to Ko-Koro, to see what has become of the city while we were gone?" Dayeth suggested. She flexed the unnatural fingers of her Ash Hand. "Maybe those defenders who defeated us before will still be cowering there, waiting for us to exact vengeance upon their heathen hearts..."

The thought of going back to that place of ice was unwelcome at first, but then Mortem thought of how powerful he was now, how blessed by Makuta...

"The koro will have fallen...we shall join our brothers and sisters in rejoicing at the death of another settlement of unbelievers."

Kathok

"And perhaps bring about a few of those deaths ourselves?" Dayeth asked hopefully. She was hyped up, riding high on a wave of euphoria and adrenaline.

But slowly, her head was clearing. The new powers she had Mortem had gained were strong, to be sure, but they had their limitations. As powerful as they now were, it wouldn't be as simple as walking into the city and killing all who stood in their path.

They would still have to be careful, but this time Dayeth was confident that they would succeed.