BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC:

Vail lay quivering on the cavern floor. 

The pain was unlike any he had ever experienced before. It tore at him from the inside out, as if his very elemental powers were burning him alive from within. He coughed and hacked and screamed, until his throat became coarse and his voice died away. He was completely alone in the corridor, the broken pieces of a zamor sphere scattered around him. 

The coughing continued, echoing down the corridor in a symphony of voices. Down here, the darkness spoke back. The eerie pauses in-between were the most unsettling though, and the silence was so overbearing, you could hear the own rush of your ears.  

Eager to break the unsettling stillness, the Toa of Fire began speaking to himself (a habit that only continued to grow worse these days).

"The blood of Makuta, huh? What a rip off." He broke out into another hacking fit. It brought him all the way to the floor this time, and not too lightly at that. His body was still trembling uncontrollably, the broken glass bits crunching beneath his weight as he squirmed about. 

"C'mon, just get up!" he growled, forcing himself to a sitting position. He pushed himself up onto his feet, and leaned against the slimy wall for support. 

"I'll skin that oversized lizard alive for this." he muttered beneath his breath. He stumbled along slowly, feeling his way about within the pitch darkness. 

"You hear that, greenie?!" he yelled out into the stale air. "Nice try, but your little poisonous concoction won't be enough to do me in! The Red Reaper will be back for your gizzard!"

His laugher was hoarse and unholy. Vail was completely unrecognizable beneath the slime and mud that now caked his weakened form. Normally, dirt beneath his nails was a bother, but he was a bit out of sorts at the moment. It seemed as if he were at death's door at last. 

It was only natural that he go out laughing.

After a few more steps, dizziness overcame him and he collapsed in a heap, a smirk still pasted on his handsome features as his thoughts slipped away...

Time stood still for the Toa of Fire as he lay in a peaceful state of unconsciousness, but hours had passed in the real world. Finally, his eyes flickered to life. Their orange glow reflected off the moistened walls, giving him a vague impression of where he was in relation to the floor. 

Still alive...?

His head throbbed, but aside from that he felt no more pain. What he did feel was thirst. It was almost ridiculous how much he craved blood.

How can I be thirsty already?

He sat up with his back to the wall, deciding against an attempt at standing again, for fear he'd pass out once more. His delirium had subsided significantly, however, and he seemed to be more or less back to his normal self. 

Maybe a bit more irritable than usual though, he noted half-heartedly. What the am I still doing in this dump?

Suddenly, voices could be heard, faintly at first, but they became more and more distinct with each second that passed. Vail scrambled to his feet and retreated into the shadows as fast as he could. He cursed and pasted himself against the wall, hoping that the small cavity would conceal his body enough. He sunk down to a squat to lay in wait. It was only a mater of time before the beings would be upon him.  

OOC: Yeah thats you, Outsiders! ;) 

IC: Vandal - Kini-nui

I continue to walk forwards, glancing back regularly. After seeing that corpse, I'm even more on edge. Still, I've seen plenty of bodies in my time. What worries me more is the implication that the thing that turned that person into a corpse is still around. I raise my rifle in front of me, a beam of red light from its sight painting the walls crimson.

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC Forger

I bend down, wiping a finger over the footprints. "There's at least a day's worth of dust over these." The unspoken conclusion to my sentence, rahkshi prints, goes unsaid. I knew as well as anybody how dangerous they were, even feral. And becoming dangerously on edge wouldn't do us any good.

Standing back up, I drew my primary sword, switching the light stone to my non dominant hand. "Let's keep moving." The faint possibility of a sound a little ways ahead is dismissed, it was probably one of us shifting our weight.

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer - Tunnel.

"How do you know it's a day's worth of dust?" I inquire, raising an eye ridge in a questioning manner. I wasn't aware of any strict formula dictating the rate of dust fall in any given cave or tunnel system. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

A red light was making its way gradually down the corridor towards Vail's hiding spot, accompanied by a pair of voices. They were still too far away to decipher the words though, seeing as the Toa of Fire was catching all the superfluous echoes as well. 

Regardless, he needed to move fast if he wanted his presence to go undetected. If they discovered him lurking in the shadows, they would surely put two and two together and connect him to the murder. 

I can't let that happen.

Luckily, Vail was quite skilled in the art of stealth. He stole silently down the the corridor, further and further into the darkness. Unfortunately, this was taking him back the way he had come, and he wished to avoid that if possible. He traced his steps, running a hand along the wall in search of a crevice or nook that he could slip into. 

C'mon...

Suddenly his palm hit open air, revealing another passage that was slightly narrower than the main drag. He slipped down it, grinning to himself and shaking his head as he made his escape.

Man, that was a close- 

THUNK

Vail had run straight into something, much larger than he. He looked upwards slowly, eyes widening in horror as they met with those of the rahkshi. 

"Oh ..."

The creature shrieked, the compartments on its face opening to reveal the slimy kraata within. It then lunged, attempting to skewer the Ta-Toa with its staff. Luckily, Vail's sharp reflexes saved him from the bladed tip by a hair's breadth. He then turned on his heel and dashed back towards the main tunnel. Flames blossomed from his fingertips and lit his way.

Here comes the act. I'm just your average rahkshi snack, nothing more.

He turned and blasted a jet of fire at the monster, hoping to slow it down. As he rounded the corner, he made out the shapes of three individuals: two Toa and a Vortixx, by the looks of it. 

He allowed his eyes to widen as if he were startled by their presence. "RUN!" he screamed, motioning for them to turn around and get the out of the way. A rahkshi running at full speed is quite an intimidating sight, to say the least, so he guessed that they would do just that.

This day has been just full of poor luck, hasn't it?

• Upvote 1

IC: Savina

Kini-Nui was a quiet place, far away from the civilized villages and it's people, Savina felt more at home out here. Why was she at a place like Kini-Nui? No particular reason, she'd let her instincts drive her to this place, only with her Ash bear, Grecko. 

Maybe they'd do some hunting. 

OOC: Open for interaction. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Forger

Running wasn't exactly the first thing on my mind, rather it was the activation of my Kakama. At a low level it allowed me to quickly get out of the Rahkshi's path as it barreled through the tunnel. It was an especially hulking specimen, armor scarred and pitted enough that combined with the dim, red lighting, it was impossible to determine it's coloration and likely powers... I quickly reached out to the pile of metal armor, lifting it in the air as a makeshift shield. Vandal and Enforcer hadn't been in it's direct path, so they likely had more time to react, hopefully time to ready and use their firearms...

...but close to it

As the Rahkshi barrels down on us, I open fire, searing its chest and face with bolts of plasma. As it closes in, I throw myself out of its path, befire turning to fire at its now-exposed back as it continues on towards Vandal. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kini-Nui was a quiet place, far away from the civilized villages and it's people, Savina felt more at home out here. Why was she at a place like Kini-Nui? No particular reason, she'd let her instincts drive her to this place, only with her Ash bear, Grecko. 

Maybe they'd do some hunting. 

OOC: Open for interaction. 

IC: Tehlin

"Savina!"

The sound echoed throughout the treeline, followed by some muffled cursing and hacking sounds.

"Saaaaaviiiinnaaaaaa!"

"I was just kidding about the treasure!"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Savina turned around as Tehlin caught up with them, Grecko merely grunted. 

"No treasure? But then...why did we come here?" She fidgeted. "TEHLIN YOU LIED!" She threw a coconut at him.

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

IC: Vandal - Kini-Nui

I let out three rapid blasts of yellow-white laser energy from my rifle, one glancing off it's shoulder, one hitting it full in the back, and one missing as the creature leaps out of the way. It turns, but before two seconds have passed I've taken control of the armour Forger is 'holding', sending a barrage or metal shells at the creature to blind and disorientate it. Forger can make another shield any time he likes.

Kathok

IC: Tehlin

####.

I reached out a hand, stopping the lethal fruit before it hit my face.  A quick use of power tossed the floating coconut to the side, and I made my way over to Savina.

"It was a joke.  An expression."

At least Kini was pretty close, she hadn't gotten far.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"...oh." Having been a hermit for over one hundred years, and then mentally traumatized by a bat-###### Valkyr that must never be named and forced to do atrocious things, one could understand Savina not gettting an expression or a joke. And maybe her violent outburst too. 

She gave Tehlin a surprise hug. "I'm sorry for throwing a coconut at your nose." 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

IC:

Vail slunk back against the wall as two of the beings took turns taking shots at the beast. They seemed to be making significant progress, and the Toa of Fire was admittedly impressed by their speedy reaction to the monster. 

Only a matter of time before they take it down. 

Realizing that he couldn't simply sit around and watch the action unfold, he drew Persephone deftly. Newfound energy coursed through his body due to the jumpstart of adrenaline. As soon as a pause emerged in the action, Vail charged the enemy full speed, flames dancing along the blade of his claymore as he swung it in a wide arc towards the creature's side. 

He made contact, causing a deafening shriek to emerge from its slimy maw. He slid to a halt and prepared for the rahkshi to lunge. 

The stranger moves in close and strikes out at the Rahkshi, and I follow suit, shouldering my rifle and moving in close with my halberd. Leveling it like a spear, I drive the pointed end towards the creature's lower back. 

IC Forger

The Rahkshi never gets a chance to lunge at the newcomer, quickly reaching out with my elemental energies to the lump of metal that Rehkyt has suspended, I mold it into a rusty lance and nod at the Fa-Toa. He understands my implication and with the combined strength of ferrokinesis and magentism, the lance accelerates like an oversized crossbow bolt, spearing the creature's kraata case even as Enforcer drives his halberd home.

Pinned against the earthen wall of the tunnel, the beast is still. "Vandal, Enforcer. Make sure it's dead." I turn back towards the newcomer, still looking readied for battle and more than a little flustered, but by us or the creature?

"You can lower the weapon." I spoke, my own hand still tightly gripped on the sword at my hip.

...but close to it

IC: Vandal - Kini-Nui

"Gladly." I reply in a deadpan tone I've refrained from using for a while. I'm surprised at the effectiveness of our combined attack, too, and its satisfying. I'd shout 'Dibs on the staff!', but I have enough weapons to carry as is. Besides, its a little ambiguous how much of a makuta-spawn's power is stored in the staff and how much is channeled from the creature, so the rahk-rod might well be useless. I snap of enough shots of laser energy at the thing's brain box to turn its kraata to ash, before turning to shoot a glance at the newcomer.

Kathok

I rip my halberd free, flicking the oozing remnants of Makuta-spawn from the blade as I do so. "We should keep moving," I suggest, "If there are others down here, they'll surely have heard the screaming." 

IC: Raaka

He'd had enough of the cold. He'd had enough of the heat and ash. He'd had enough of the dirt and rock and mountains.

Some fresh air was in order.

His wounds still hadn't fully healed, and his leg was on fire, but he pushed himself onward.

He hadn't seen the Great Temple in a long time; thought maybe some meditation or somethin' could do him some good. He was in no condition to work right now.

He approached the base of the Kini Nui and breathed deeply. The air was good, but his ribs disagreed. Maybe he should just sit for a while. He didn't want to have to climb the steps to get up to the altar, so he just sat down and leant against the stone sides of the Temple, breathing in again and closing his eyes.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC:

Vail sheathed Persephone just about as quickly as he had drawn her. The Fe-Toa was eyeing him warily, ready to strike at the slightest hint of aggression. He wore what appeared to be a Kakama, and although not particularly tall, was heavily built. 

"Whoa man, chill!" Vail said, holding up both hands. "I'm not looking to start a fight. I've had enough action for the time being." He chuckled lightly, the perfected sound echoing at paced intervals down the tunnel.

The other Toa, bearing a rifle of some sort (equipped with the red light from earlier), was pondering aloud whether or not he should nab the rahkshi staff.

"We should keep moving," The scary-looking Vortixx spoke up suddenly, "If there are others down here, they'll surely have heard the screaming."

Vail continued to stand with his hands up, somewhat awkwardly. He was only about a head shorter than the Vortixx. 

IC: Yenroot

Whoosh. Thud.

Whoosh. Thud.

Whoosh.

Yenroot frowned. He had missed that shot. With a sigh, he slipped his bow onto his back and stalked across the grass to the clump of trees he was shooting towards. If he had looked to his right, he would have seen the Temple to the North, but he wasn't too concerned about that right now; he needed to find his missing arrow.

He applied a bit of gravity to the situation, yanking the arrows free before he reached the tree. He caught them in one hand, stowed them, and continued walked. Unfortunately, he didn't have a Mask of Finding Lost Things. He snorted at his humor. "Would have been useful though."

OOC: Yenroot open for interaction!

IC: Darvin

The lesterin relaxed on his balcony, soaking in the sunlight the afternoon sun offered. He had chosen this location for his Balcony because at just the right time of day, the sun rested perfectly overhead. For one who could soak in the sunlight while working on his tan this was perfect.

After Darvin had finished handing out his muffins to the group at the temple he had returned to his home in the trees. Afterall he had no intention of travelling with that group, though he is glad he was able to talk them out of heading into Mangaia. They really didn't know what they would be getting into, and he would rather not see the body count increase.

Darvin exhaled as he reached for his tea, sipping it slowly. He did his good deed for the day, now it was his time to enjoy the day.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Yenroot.

"Shoulda used the mask." One bush ripped up out of the ground.

"Shoulda aimed better too." Two bushes ripped up out of the ground.

"Shoulda done a lot of things." Three bushes ripped up out of the ground.

"Shoulda-Oh, there it is!" he exclaimed, tossing the fourth bush aside. He stepped out from the treeline, adjusting his conical hat to block the sun. The arrow was sitting right there, right next to the gray Skakdi. Yes, his arrow, right next to one of the most violent species on the island. Great.

"Excuse me?" Yenroot called out, pausing in his walk. "Sleeping Skakdi?"

IC Forger

I loosen up a small but perceptible amount, my sword arm slackens enough that it should be clear I don't plan to strike. Why exactly this man is down here is up in the air, and there's not a doubt in my mind he could prove dangerous, but, there was an equal lack of doubt that the other Toa also understood the danger poised by Minnorak's prediction. A gang of Rahkshi happening upon them would leave the would be assailant just as dead as the would be victim.

"Enforcer is right, Vandal let's take the path out on the far wall, past that alcove. It looks to be better lit than the others." And for the mystery man, "I'll have trust your word." For now. "Safety is best found in numbers, so it's likely to be best if we stick together." I consider the positioning for a moment, giving point to the newcomer would mean our path would be well lit, he seemed to be a Ta-Elemental, but if there was any chicanery ... we'd be easily led right into it.

"You can take point, Vandal over there will be right behind you." I put on a grin, "he can be a little trigger happy," and leave it at that.

...but close to it

I remain silent during the exchange, instead listening out for any other sounds. 

IC:

The Toa of Fire grinned. 

"Understood, sir." he responded, hands still slightly poised in the air as he turned his back to the one called Vandal and began to move in the direction indicated. It seemed rather odd, almost comical from an outside perspective, to see the the tall Toa being prodded down the corridor like a prisoner by the two Toa, because they were quite diminutive in height compared to Vail. 

"Soo..... What brings you guys down here? Most people tend to avoid venturing this deep into the bowels of Mata Nui."

IC: Enforcer.

"We're not most people." 

IC:

A loud roaring noise erupted from the trees, scaring some of the wildlife nearby.

I sense two beings in front of me. Maybe they have lunch!

It was a combination of carbon gas mixed with the air being released from a pressurized container at a high velocity and a low frequency.

A burp.

The massive black figure shoved some branches out of the way only to find two people not thirty yards away. "Excuse-"

There was an arrow in the ground next to the sleeping Vortixx, and the other one carried a bow. "-me, am I disrupting something?"

IC: Enforcer.

I just roll my eyes, and say nothing. 

IC: Yenroot

Yenroot sighed in relief. "Thank you Mata Nui." he muttered, stepping forward to the arrow. With a wave of his hand, the arrow popped from the ground and into his fist.

"Why are you out here sleeping anyways?" Yenroot asked, storing his arrow in his quiver. He wasn't aware of the obese being a few yards behind him either.