BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Onepu

He nodded. "Drinking's alright, just be responsible." He looked at Sajis, "I'd like to talk later. Nothing serious, just some things I'd like to know." With that, he stepped inside. He spotted what he assumed was the Skakdi in question- the only Skakdi inside- and watched.

NPC: Receptionist

The Matoran nodded and jotted down her name. "Have a seat, I need to look you up."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Reson.

Reson stayed where he was, out of sight just behind Onepu, using his De-Toa hearing to keep track of the conversation as it unfolded.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Ah, well, that's a problem, then," he answered, his voice growing a little nervous, like he didn't want to make her mad. "See, we have this policy, one of the requirements to join the Ussalry officially is that you have to be a registered resident of Onu-Koro. I'm afraid that, unless you can have another member of the Ussalry- who's been in it for at least four months- give you a commendation, you can't join."

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

Reson smiled smugly. The skakdi was done.

His only regret was that he still didn't have anything to charge her with.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Onoraza was silent for a moment. She was doing her best to think about this logically - not one of her strongest points.

"Then I'd like to be registered", she said. "And if I cannot join the Ussalry, perhaps I could work in its service in another way? I'm sure there's plenty of work to do on the side of administration and maintenance, not just guard duty."

NPC:

"Certainly," he said, looking relieved. "The Ussalry offers consulting positions, which pay and include a bed in the barracks. If people like the work you do enough, you'll likely be welcomed into the ranks." He then added hastily, "If it is not out of line for me to say so, I think it would be good for all of us if you managed to join us. As we are, we're largely just Matoran and Toa. The addition of a Skakdi could help racial acceptance." He handed her a flyer with a list of open consulting positions. "As for registering your citizenship, you'd do best to visit the Akiri's. Someone there will take you through the process."

OOC: Quick edit, you just need to be a citizen, no time limit. I'll add in the consulting positions once I get others' opinions on what should be included.

The Captain was approached by a messenger who informed him that Thok the Piraka was near Onu-Koro, not alone, and with Rahkshi.

Onepu took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he processed the information. "Bloody Karzahni I knew it," he muttered. He clenched his fist. A large chunk of the town's forces were in other Koros doing who-knows-what, taking with them some of his best men, and here they stood with the threat of a possible Makuta attack looming over their heads. 

"I have business to attend to," he said to Reson. "I'll leave the skakdi in others' hands, got bigger fish to fry." He was going to need to see to the town's defenses.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Onoraza couldn't suppress a smile as she took the flyer. One moment she had been out there, killing Matoran, the next she was applying for a job - an actual, paid job - and behaving like a model citizen all the way to planting racial acceptance.

Isn't it funny how things work out sometimes, she thought.

For the briefest of moments, she addressed a feeling deep down inside her... a feeling that she actually enjoyed her new course, not simply because it was a good plan, but because it felt... nice.

She quickly discarded the feeling. She reminded herself why she hated all Matoran, what they had done to her in prison, and that their ultimate destruction was the only thing she should care about.

I cannot afford any psychological weaknesses, she thought in disgust. Not now that I'm actually stumbling into something useful.

She continuted thinking about her spite and anger, to fuel her determination to wipe out the Matoran race. But no matter how hard she opposed it, and refused to admit it, the seeds of doubt were slowly working their magic on her consciousness.

• Upvote 1

"What's going on?" Reson asked. "Do you want us to come with you, or stay here and keep an eye on the skakdi?"

"What? Why?"

Reson was starting to connect the dots in his head. "You don't think Lash knew about these Makuta worshippers, do you? Could these be the same psychos she got the Rahkshi from in the first place?"

IC: Kehuri

"What made you give up on catching Kuhrin?"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"Oh I didn't give up, I just needed to regroup. So in Ko-Koro I met Noka, Kuhrin's former lover who thought he was dead which, incidentally, he thought she was as well."

"We talked, and Noka, she convinced me to let her try and speak to him, to see if there was still something within him that she could touch. I said yes, because after hearing how Kuhrin came to be what he was... I saw a frightening amount of myself in him."

"It didn't go exactly as planned, we came to blows, and I brought him to his knees in the heat of battle. But then, when I finally had him..."

Ferron paused.

"I just couldn't find it in me to end him"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

He paused, hesitating. "If your shift is done," he answered Sajis. He'd have liked her to stay outside, helping prepare the village, but he didn't have the right to impose on her during her off-time. As for Reson's theory, he nodded. "That's precisely what I was thinking."

IC: Kehuri

He nodded. He couldn't relate, having never been in such a position, but he thought he understood. 

The sheet listed four tiers of consulting jobs, based on pay, with the best paying at the top. A box was next to each individual job, indicating whether the position was open or not. 

• Mechanic's assistant [ ], armorer's assistant [x], training assistant [ ], archivist's assistant [ ]
  • Delivery [ ], messenger [x]
  • Receptionist [x], secretary [ ]
  • Polisher [ ]

"You can make an appointment for an interview here," the receptionist informed the she-Skakdi. "To determine your skills and decide which position would be best for you."

BZPRPG Profiles

"That Vortixx spider has spun a massive web of lies," Reson scowled, "and we're the flies caught in it." Half of him wanted to go with Onepu and get to the heart of Lash's deciet, but Onoraza still represented a threat.

"I'll keep on shadowing this skakdi," Reson decided, "unless you have other orders for me?"

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Onoraza eyed the sheet carefully. She thought about each of the options she had, and the strategic advantages each of them would give. She realized that the position of deliverer would give her more freedom than the other jobs, and might be useful in future affairs Niralle would assign to her.

"I'd like to book an interview, then", she said, managing to sound friendlier than ever before. "I find great interest in becoming a deliverer, but I will be happy to let someone assess my qualities first."

• Upvote 1