BIONICLE MAFIA IX: SENTINELS OF THE DARKENED SKIES

Voltex

Let's be real. A dozen of us at least will somehow make it into wherever X takes place. I'm just hoping it's not the Pit, because I had plans................

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

It could always be Bota Magna. After all, we were on Aqua Magna last game; Bara Magna this game; only one planet left... =P

Lloyd: Luck is the name of this game; since we knew everyone on the village side like round 1. xP I just wish I had've talked to you sooner, and we had've actually started up the War Room earlier...

Epilogue: The Time of the Doctor

Portalfig smiled as the body of Null and the duplicate of the supposedly deceased Zakaro dissolved into dust, swirling high into the air, crackling with shadow. His plan was nearing completion – all he needed was three... more... deaths.

Holding out his palm, another new invention activated and a sphere of blue-white leaped from his palm to the ground, where it expanded into a holographic version of the scene that was currently occurring on Bara-Magna.

They had all fallen into his trap, every single one of them.

---

Bara-Magna was as black as midnight. The X, Burnmad, Xaeraz, and Zakaro and Lhikevikk were no longer even able to remember the sun. Surely the skies had been this dark forever.

“You almost got away with it,” Xaeraz said. “I must admit, you outplayed us. But we’ve gotten you in the end, just the same.”

“Truly, you were a worthy set of opponents,” Lhikevikk said with a smile, “but alas, you fall into our grand trap, just the same.”

“What trap?” Burnmad asked. “You’re about to be dead.”

“Indeed we shall,” said Lhikevikk. “We have merely been paving the path for another’s rise to power.”

“Who?” The X asked.

“For that, you shall have to wait and see,” said Lhikevikk, as he aimed the Staff of Unlimited Power.

“Hey,” Xaeraz said, backing away. “Wait just a-”

Lightning shot from the Staff, killing Xaeraz instantly. The X scrambled forward, already too late but dragging the Sentinel codenamed: Charon back anyway.

Xaeraz (Sentinel, codenamed: Charon), lynched.

---

Portalfig smiled as the swirling cloud of shadow began to take form...

---

Voltex stood to his feet in the purgatory train station, stretching – the time had come to return to Bara-Magna and the world of the living.

---

Snarling, Burnmad aimed the device he had found in the War Room (ignoring the note on it that said “Love from the Coder”) and activated it – as the HUD flashed into view, he pinpointed Zakaro’s coordinates and fired.

Lhikevikk dove to the side as a laser fired from orbit slammed where Zakaro was standing – or rather, where Zakaro had been standing. The Hunter had begun to leap away, although that could not change the fact that half of Zakaro was now gone. Burnmad collapsed, and had anyone been close enough to hear him, they might have heard the words “Voltex, now....”

Zakaro (The Hunter) & Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons (Detective; sibling) Lynched.

---

The Coder’s grin grew even larger as the true Zakaro fell, his essence descending from the sky and joining the swirling form of shadow. Activating a device attached to his hip, the life force of Canis, Onarax, and Man of Miracles were drawn out of the capture containers they had been kept inside until this moment, each one being absorbed and continuing to form the creation before his eyes.

Almost done.

---

Across rift between the World of the Living and the World of the Dead, Voltex heard Burnmad’s summons.

“Here goes nothing,” he said to himself.

Concentrating, he vanished in a burst of fire.

---

The X had just finished hooking up Xaeraz and Burnmad to his Reanimator 2.0 when the blast of lightning from Lhikevikk sent him flying through the air. He landed upon the sand several feet away with a crunch and struggled to his feet, hopelessness overtaking him. His fists were no match for the Staff of Unlimited Power, which still radiated energy. He could feel his legs wavering just from its presence, and knew that it was over.

“Alright Lhikevikk, you win,” he said, sighing. “I’m as good as dead.”

“Unfortunately,” Lhikevikk said, “you would be correct.”

Lhikevikk aimed the spear, and there was a flash of light –

BANG.

A force slammed into Lhikevikk from the side as a furious fire blazed over the desert like a shining beacon, swirling and raging around X and his Reanimator like a shield. The Staff of Unlimited Power spun out of Lhikevikk’s grasp as he was slammed into the sand.

“A good day to you,” Voltex said, before punching him in the chest with a flaming fist.

Lhikevikk watched as Voltex’s fist smashed through his chest armor and right through his body, doubtlessly scorching the sand below and leaving a gaping hole in the Mysterious Figure’s chest. Lhikevikk coughed weakly.

“How? You lost your powers....”

Voltex stood up and held his left arm out – the Staff of Unlimited Power flew through the air and into his open palm.

“Oh did I? That’s too bad, then, because I seem to have gotten them back.”

“You haven’t stopped the shadows,” Lhikevikk said. “He’s coming back... and when he does... we’re all doomed.”

Lhikevikk (The Mysterious Figure), lynched.

Voltex turned to X, who had activated his Reanimator 2.0.

“What is that?” he asked.

“My new reanimator,” X said. “I put Burnmad and Xaeraz inside of it so that they can still sort of exist, but I think it might not be working properly.”

“Hmm...” Voltex trailed off, glancing up as the sky began to return to normal. “What did Lhikevikk mean, ‘he’s coming back’?”

---

The final remnants of the Mysterious Figure’s energies enveloped the shadowy creation, and the Coder allowed himself another smile.

“This form has been useful,” he said to himself, “but it is time they realized my true colors.”

The shadowy Matoran form stepped forward, merging with Portalfig’s body in a wreathe of shadow. Had anyone been around to see, Makuta’s control over the unfortunate Matoran would have been evident.

But then, they would be seeing it soon enough.

---

Voltex and The X had just started thinking that maybe, just maybe, nothing would happen when the tornado appeared. A swirling purple vortex shooting pure shadow across the planet, it converged on their location with ease as a single Matoran stepped out, completely unaffected.

“Who are you?!” X shouted.

“No,” Voltex said. “What happened? Portal, what have you done?”

“I am not Portal,” said the Matoran. “In fact, Portal was never here – not even in Metru-Nui. I am Makuta, and these are my games now.”

“No!” Voltex said. “I have the Staff of Unlimited Power!”

“You cannot stop me!” Makuta Portalfig said, cackling. “Not in your current state!”

“We don’t need to stop you,” Voltex said. “We just need to delay you.”

Before the shocked eyes of both The X and Makuta Portalfig, Voltex raised the Staff up into the air and then brought it down upon his knee.

The Staff snapped into two instantly.

And that was when the world began to end.

Beams of pure energy scattered across the planet, reaching whatever microscopic remains were left of every single deceased Matoran, Sentinel and Hunter, drawing all of them into a portal that appeared in a flash of light, sending Voltex flying backwards.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” X bellowed, as his Reanimator 2.0 was taken.

“I don’t know!” Voltex shouted back, “but wherever we’re going, it isn’t good!”

The X was about to reply when another beam struck him, yanking the Medic into the portal. Voltex struggled to his feet, facing Makuta Portalfig.

“I don’t care what it takes,” Voltex said. “I don’t know where we’re going, and I don’t know how I’ll do it. But I will stop you from getting that Staff.”

Two final beams struck Makuta Portalfig and the Host, drawing them both into the portal – and then it was gone, leaving behind a decimated planet in its wake.

---

Voltex coughed as he awoke, surrounded by unconscious Matoran. As he sat up, some of them did so as well. Lloyd, Blade, Burnmad, Xaeraz and The X all glanced around at their surroundings. Blade was the first to speak up.

“This isn’t what I think it is, is it?”

Glancing around, Voltex crumbled inside. “It is.”

“Then we are already dead,” Lloyd said. “There’s no way we all survive this.”

“Then maybe we don’t survive,” said Burnmad. “Maybe we just live.”

As the others scattered about, helping the rest of the Matoran to awake, The X approached Voltex.

“What’s up, X?”

“Where are we, Voltex? I’ve never seen this before in my life... and yet....”

“It’s familiar?”

“Yeah.”

“This,” Voltex said, waving his arm in a grand gesture towards the landscape before them, “is the Desolation of the Staff.”

X glanced at the mountain in the distance and sagged. “Oh, no....”

“Welcome to the end of the world.”

To Be Continued in BIONICLE MAFIA X.

X will go up tomorrow, everyone.

Edited by Tex

(Hey Xaeraz, you think you can outrhyme me?
It's time to end with some poetry!)

This game is done,

For most it was fun,

Glad we got it resolved in the end.

Now we wait for a while,

Until the next trial,

To Mafia X we'll ascend.

The Hunters did fail,

The village prevailed,

A success I shall call it, my friends.

Until the next time,

This is my final rhyme,

See you all... in Mafia Ten.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Village win; X survived; good going, buddy! =D And technically I win, because it was my sibling pairing. Nicely done Lhik, thanks for killing me instead of someone else that time. =P How long had you been waiting for that, anyway? =P

Also, that's interesting. Nice cliffhanger, iBrow. =D

I died 3 times this game. GLORIOUS ;O;

But yeah, fun game. I need to die again next game, 5 deaths in one trilogy? Heck yeah.

But wait what Aqua Magna is where Metru-Nui is? I kind of lost all interest in BIONICLE's story when they made the switch to Bara Magna so I know nothing about all this. =P

- :burnmad: