Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: AlfonThe question and the reality of it struck Alfon like a hammer to the face. The question lay unanswered even to him, unknowing whether he did indeed have feelings for Mahlnai or not. This was the first time he had ever thought about it."Umm...uuuuh...I guess..." he said awkwardly, not wanting to offend the Ga-Toa.

IC: Itaku"That wasn't clumsy, it was on purpose. Got some nerve bumping into people just 'cause you think they look funny." said Itaku, now overly self-conscious about his appearance and without his knowing, taking it as an excuse to start a fight.The Toa of Iron got right up into Ketan's face and jabbed a finger at him with his free hand with every word he spoke."You're. Going. Down."

IC (Ketan) (Le-Koro)The leafy platform went still; it was suddenly as quiet as the grave. Matoran disappeared into huts or scurried over rope bridges, leaving the two Toa alone.In all his life, Itaku had never seen someone look at him with as much contempt as Ketan did. The Toa of Air coldly regarded him with as much respect as one would give a pile of Ussal dung. Without speaking, without noise, with slow, precise movements, Ketan stepped back and unslung his scythe.The shining weapon twirled gracefully through the air, then came to rest in his hands. The blade was a sleek, silver metal, curving elegantly into a deadly point.Through it all, Ketan's eyes never left Itaku's."If you wish for a fight, then I will oblige you, Toa. But know that I will not go lightly on you, even if you are obviously Brakas spawn."

IC: Itaku / AlfonA wild look spread across Itaku's face in the form of a wide smile and a look of excitement in his eyes. The Toa of iron put himself into a battle stance, holding his katana in his right hand while holding the metal scabbard in his left."Oh this is going to be fun..."With a sudden pounce, Itaku was upon Ketan with a downwards diagonal slash aimed at the Toa of air's shoulder."Well, um, it's not really for me to decide but her name's Mahlnai."

IC (Ketan) (Le-Koro)As Itaku struck, he caught sight of Ketan's face. The Toa of Air was smiling. Then he was gone.The Toa of Iron slashed through thin air, sending him stumbling across the platform as his momentum carried him for a few steps. Behind him, Ketan stood in the centre of the platform, leaning on his scythe like a staff, the sun playing across his Kualsi."Is that the best you have, Toa, or are you as full of hot air as a Hoto bug?"

Mukaka glanced up hearing 'Reassignment.'"Oh."He turned to glance at his inbox and rooted through it before pulling up a personnel file someone must have slipped in among the requests."Mmmmmph... Lans... Lans... Levolans. Pilot. You're the... ah what does it matter, I've lost count of how many self proclaimed 'Gukko Force Aces' have come through here." He looked up at the Matoran leaning back in his chair."So you're responsible for the 'Rama Hive' incident I see. Fitting they slot you over here. With a record like this you're probably going to get pasted." He read through more of the file before chuckling. "You're glue for sure. You've got the skills but with the attitude here listed by your past leadership. I'd give you a week and an half, two weeks before you're a smear on something." He closed the file."You better smarten up if you wanna live to see reassignment back to the Regulars son. Pride takes a nose dive into the dirt here. Not even Nui-Kopen can carry that kind of weight. In any case it looks like the 4th is due this round so you'll be with Kylina and her lot. Off with you then."

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

IC - Veira - ForestA hat pulled over her eyes, a grain through her teeth, Veira sat back. She awaited Paka's arrival, having preceded him in traversing here. He always had been a rather cautious traveler.Besides, she had been excited. Le-Koro was a new experience to the Toa of gravity. In fact, she had never ventured too far out of her home Koro. She had also heard a Rahkshi attack happened near here. Now, where was Paka?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: LansLans was about to come back with a retort, when he realized that would only get him deeper into trouble, two weeks, a smear please. In two weeks I'll be out of the Irregulars squadron. He turned to leave when he realized something, "Lieutenant where exactly is this Kylina and her squadron?" I'll show them, I'll show all of them, I'll be just as great as Lewa ever was.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Lieutenant Mukaka waved his hand dismissively. "I don't know. Probably down at the Leaky Drum or something. She's not hard to miss. She's a Ga-Matoran. She'll probably have the other three with her. A Ta-Matoran and Two Onu-Matoran."

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

IC: Lans"Right Sir," Lans saluted before jumping off the balcony of the building and getting caught mid air by his bird. Turning around he soared up and it wasn't long before he saw 4 Gukko Force Birds clustered outside of a bar. That must be them. He gently patted his bird on the side, and together they flew down and landed swiftly outside the bar. "Good boy," Lans said to his bird, before walking into the bar. "Hey," he called out, "I'm looking for a Matoran named Kylina."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

"Did you try the Leaky Drum?" A patron called back. "That's where they hang out. This is the Gukko's Foot.""You need me to draw you a map?" Everyone in the bar laughed.

The bartender snorted. "It's not that hard to find. It's to your left three building down across the way. No need to go fightin' anyone."

IC: LansLans smiled cooly, he said the next few words slowly and deliberately, putting emphasis on each one. "Who said anything about violence? I merely wanted to give the man who offered to make me a map a nice, firm pat on the back." Then he resumed his more normal, lazy tone, "But nevermind that now, I'm gone." He had turned around and waved one hand at the patron's before walking out the door.Stupid imbeciles, he then walked in the direction the bar tender had sent him. Walking inside the Leaky Drum, once more he called out, "Hey, I'm looking for Kylina." He tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for a response.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC(Zand, BM, D): "If you don't mind, I'll stay behind and attempt to heal these matoran. I'm a strategist, not a warrior. Voriki, could you stay with me and guard the medical hut? If the...rahkshi attack...I'm not letting these matoran die. I'll need covering fire to get these guys out of here.""Fine, fine. I'll do that, Mr. Wimpy Wimpy." He added a bit of sass in his tone, just to make fun of Zand more.Zand glared at him.----------Black Mage deactivated his Kakama, stopping near the Lake edge. "What...Zand!" The toa walked towards the Vortixx. "Zand, my good friend.""Black Mage? Impossible. Where've you been?""Looking for the Chronicler. Takua. Know where he is?""Ha ha, no. If I did...well, I'd tell you. What brings you here?""You know, the usual. What's with all the...war fortifications?"D had tied up the wiring as he did at the camp, properly grounded and everything, electrified as well. The Rahkshi wouldn't have a problem with it, but still."Rahkshi. Mind helping?""Don't know. Rahkshi, those snake thingies?""Aye.""Hmm. I'll provide some aid."

IC:The Rahkshi emerged into another clearing, one small enough that branches spanned across its entirety. They had travelled across much of the jungle, and had not been seen by anything more than Rahi. The blue sky and yellow light of the sun were dappled by the leaves of the trees above, lending the entire clearing a verdant glow. The Rahkshi disliked the light, but they could work around it. A vertical pit defined the middle of the jungle room. It was deep and steep-sided, a hollowed out bedrock, which had downward-facing spines carved at its lip to prevent escape. Crumpled leaves and broken pieces of wood at the bottom of the pit were the remnants of what had once covered this hole - a facade of leaves and dirt on unstable beams, made to collapse when stepped on. It was a trap pit. The trap had worked. At the bottom of the pit was a Ta-Matoran. He lay slumped against the wall of the hole, clearly having given up on escape hours ago. The hiss of the Rahkshi of Density, though, caught the Matoran's attention. He looked up, and his expression was one less of fear and more of defiance. This was a Matoran who had clearly dealt with Rahkshi before. The Rahkshi encircled the lip of the pit, and stared down at the Matoran. Their eyes gleamed red from beneath serpentine lids, their fingers clacked against the handles of their sharp-ended staves. The Rahkshi bored into their prisoner with all the malice of their gazes, but it was clear that they were waiting for something. The Rahkshi of Insect Control suddenly turned about, as though it had been alerted of a new development by a passing fly. The others followed its example, and rotated sharply to face Heuani as he sliced his way through the foliage. The Toa of Shadow bore a ripple-bladed sword, which he sheathed as he arrived at the trap pit. The glow of the sunlight through the trees seemed to lessen as he arrived; the clearing was now grey as an overcast morn. As Heuani gazed down, the Matoran met his silvery eyes with the first sign of interest he'd expressed in days. "For all your unfathomable skills in the art of moving slowly and traveling great distances, you've nevertheless taken a spill into my little bowl," Heuani said silkily. "I hadn't honestly expected this to work on you, Kapura."Kapura's eyes fell. He replied in a deliberate, slow voice. "Even I must become slow now and again, pet of Makuta."Heuani ignored the jab. He laughed instead, an easy chuckle that brought a smile to his face and Kapura's. Heuani's charisma was, as always, infectious; not even his prisoner could resist. "The fact that you have lasted this long alone, Kapura, is a feat in and of itself. I am sure that your endurance, not only your speed, will be remembered in your legends. You will be remembered as the quickest and the longest-lasting of the Chronicler's Company." Kapura looked up beyond his jailer, up to the Madu fruits that dangled from the branches high above. Hunger was evident in his face - he'd been underfed."Do you want something to eat?" Heuani asked sympathetically. Slowly, almost ashamedly, Kapura nodded. Heuani signaled to the Rahkshi of Plant Control, who made the tree drop three of the plump fruits down to Kapura. With guilty eagerness, the Ta-Matoran gobbled them up. Heuani watched him eat the first, and spoke again when Kapura had moved on to his next one. "I thought you might like those. Kapura," Heuani said, sitting on the lip of the pit, his dark armor seeming to soak up the light around him rather than reflect it, "I have to talk to you about something important."Kapura, preoccupied with his Madu fruit, couldn't reply with anything other than a dismissive grunt. Heuani didn't seem to mind much."That something is your friend, Takua."Kapura froze.

test2.png

"What about Mistress Kylina?" an Onu-Matoran said as he hopped by on one foot. Two drinks were held in ether hand. A third was balanced on his foot while a fourth was balanced on his head.He was obviously very practiced with doing this as he barely spilled any drink as he hopped along.

IC - Veira - ForestVeira nearly fell out of the tree she occupied when she heard voices. One was...charming, to say the least. As it chuckled, a smile came to her face. It was also ripe with deception. She ripped the expression from her lips.She stood, stepping carefully from tree to tree. Her vision was obscured mostly, but she saw shapes. Before she could stop herself, a startled "Eep" escaped her lips as she made out the same shape from Po-Koro. She quickly covered her mouth in an attempt to catch the sound, but it was too late. Her position was revealed.Then again, maybe they wouldn't notice. Hopefully they wouldn't care.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

"ANOTHER one?" The Onu-Matoran said as he continued to hop along. "You the second one in days! We just got a new CO too!"He lifted his foot gently depositing the brew on the table before putting one down and taking the one on the top of his head down."It's about time bro!" Another Onu-Matoran said who except for the Mask looked and sounded EXACTLY like the Onu-Matoran who had delivered the drinks. He grabbed the drink and started slamming it back."AAAAHHHH! That's the good slosh! Mawl you know how to stir and not shake.""Only the best for bro-kind Tawk!" Mawl said. The clinked glasses."Broforce!" They chorused before chugging the drinks.The Ga-Matoran seated in the booth rolled her eyes at the pair. "You two are such hams.""Better than scrambled eggs Mistress Kylina!" They chorused again after wiping their mouths at the exact same time."Don't. Call. Me. That." She growled before swallowing some of the brain numbing liquid.

OOC: Woo, haven't used this character for a while!IC, Verdi: The Matoran didn't respond. "Ooookaaay... yeah, see ya buddy." Verdi went over to a group of Le-Matoran. "Uh, excuse me, do any of you know how I would join the Squad?" The Matoran looked at each other and laughed. "Another irregular, eh? Oh, this guy's gonna be fun to watch!" They kept laughing until one of them said, "Try asking Lieutenant Mukaka. He can help you. He's down the hall, first door to the left." Verdi nodded. "Thanks," he said. He walked to the place where the Le-Matoran had pointed out. Verdi knocked, open the door, and asked, "Excuse me, are you Lieutenant Mukaka?"OOC: That would be Kalama.

IC: Now it was clear to Aryll that Madrihk was occupied with survival, not combat. And though he had a great desire to see the ILS storm the jungle and win in valiant combat, he had to follow orders. The former soldier in him had to."Then I guess we should allow the Gukko Force to deal with the fiends?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

@Katuko: So wait. Because a char's overconfident you feel the staff will smite?o_O

OOC: No, but overconfidence on part of a player easily leads to what we call "godmodding"; or simply overdoing one's own abilities. "Jianheim" was described as a massive, ancient castle. After some complaints, it was retconned into a small fortress. And even so, the staff then decided to nuke it with a Makuta-conjured storm.These Rahkshi are staff controlled as well, and obviously part of the "main plot". They are meant to be a real threat. Now, if a single player thinks he should be able to lay the smack-down on them, I can easily see Nuju Metru having the Rahkshi teach the character a lesson by, say, disintegrating every single speck of armor on that character; no saving throw. That's what I'm worried about: Not trigger-happy staff who wants to kill us all, but trigger-happy players running themselves into the ground by not "playing fair". :)

IC: Now it was clear to Aryll that Madrihk was occupied with survival, not combat. And though he had a great desire to see the ILS storm the jungle and win in valiant combat, he had to follow orders. The former soldier in him had to."Then I guess we should allow the Gukko Force to deal with the fiends?"

IC (Madrihk and Mevi, with the ILS in the jungle):"They would be a great help, certainly," Madrihk said, "but we'll see how it goes. If these crea--"He interrupted himself and stopped mid-sentence, holding his palm up to signify a halt and silence."Did you hear that?" he whispered. Something was moving up ahead, and it sounded like whatever it was was hacking its way through the jungle on foot. "Rahkshi don't hack," he muttered, "they use staffs. Another Toa looking for them, perhaps?""I... can scout ahead," Mevi offered. "I have my telescopic view, and I'm smaller than you Toa.""You are also bright red," Madrihk countered, but let it go. "But OK. Anyone else have proper scouting training or at least a mask to scout with? I don't want any one of you alone in a potential fight against these things. If you see them, do not engage. Return here and warn us, then we can plan further action from there. Battles work best when you outnumber your enemies, and when they haven't spotted you yet."

OOC: It seemed to me that you didn't need to alert ZSR of that possibility. Probably because it's his char talking and he, with many years of experience and an obvious detachment, is quite obviously not his char? It looks to me like Aryll is the only one overconfident here...And he didn't even truly treat the rahkshi as weak.But I understand your point. I was really just looking for clarification; don't want an argument.IC: The small bird's eyes shifted towards Veira from where it sat after some more flying. The 'Eep!' disappeared as soon as it reached its kewa ears.It then began to quietly and stealthily glide from tree to tree towards the talkers. It would probably be best for the Gravity toa if it stood ahead of her to absorb any more sounds while gaining some knowledge of the foe.

Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.