Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: "Well, that seemed a bit extreme." A bored voice commented, not far from Ziyas and Sayiz. "But I can hardly argue with the results."Vian leaned against a wall a few yards from them, studying them intently.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Aenarius:The figure strode through the tunnel at a brisk pace, shield on back and mace at side, clanking against his armor as he moved. It was quiet under the earth as he walked. After his last escapade in Le Wahi, he was lying low for a while, and he had decided travel to Onu Koro would be the best.

IC Kokkinos"That is true..." I muttered. "Finally, somebody who thinks like me," I thought. "So why are you telling me, of all people, this?" I clutched my Serpentine staff tightly and stared at the Reaper with my oddly shaped mask (think Zeratul). "You want something from me, don't you?"

IC: The Reaper smiled. The bait had been taken. The Rakal's strength grew. "Only to offer you membership, my friend. A new group of Toa have arisen, one that could possibly be a threat. Now, the main component of their victory is under care of one of our most trusted members. However, there is another part. And while both are necessary, we think it unwise to take chances."OOC: Be thinking about what his codename is going to be. The Reaper isn't my char's true name, after all.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: The Reaper's illusion smiled. "Their most likely destination is Po-Wahi. With the exception of Ko it's the least densely populated, and with their current status as wanted beings... Also, it is the most likely place that you can win. The mask's location is easily defended, and most of them rely on water directly or indirectly."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Kokkinos"Po-Wahi. Okay. Where's the mask in that region? And what of interference from other forces, say the FoM, the Cultured Gentry, what remains of the ILF, and the militaries of each koro?" I smiled as I said those words. "If they would be foolish enough to interfere..."

Edited by Constructman

OOCSovos from Ko-WahiIC- Sovos - Onu-Koro highwaySovos moved invisibly down the highway, not visible to even the most perceptive of Rahi. He stepped only on moss and firm rock, letting his foot sink slowly into a foothold, then quickly but soundlessly moving his other foot into position. His breathing was slow and deep, and he kept his arms and legs away to prevent the unavoidable rasp of metal on metal. His Onu-Koronan low light vision allowed him to be perceptive of most things that moved. He stayed in the shadows and away from torches, blending in with the darkness.He was on his way.Sovos reflected, for half a second, on what he was doing- stopping an evil. An evil that threatened his god and his land, Mata-Nui. The name filled him with holy determination, and he continued, risking sound in favor of speed. Before now he had been hampered by his lack of knowledge of Mata-Nui's enemies, but now his ignorance was temporarily cleared. Being initiated into this group was holy guidance from his god, he knew. This was his Destiny, here, now- to kill this group, a darker threat that he could have imagined.Sovos knew where his first target lay, and was filled with single minded determination to find him.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: "The mask is in a cave near the tunnel to Onu-Koro. R with a line through it on the wall at the entrance." The Reaper smiled. "Tell them that the mask is yours, and you put it there for safekeeping. The Maasi are, after all, wanted criminals. Petty thievery is the least expected from them."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Kokkinos"Ah, okay," I replied. "Surely the authorities won't give me trouble and if some other people try to take it, like say (OOC cough cough), pirates, I'm sure I can deal with them.""If you would excuse me then, I will be on my way," and I started to walk for Po-Koro.OOC Kokkinos to Po-Wahi

IC - Aenarius:Aenarius sat down heavily at a table, more than a little exhausted. He drank the glass of bula wine he'd ordered slowly, letting his eyes rove around, taking in his surroundings. The tables of the inn were of wood, old and warped. The lightstones provided nowhere near a cheering glow, and the smell made him wince. But it was a place to rest, and for that he was glad.

IC: Lekori chuckled nervously.“I… suppose that would’ve been the smarter choice,” the Le-Matoran said cheekily.A subtle fire seemed to erupt in the accusatory eyes of the Toa Healer. Her patience was starting to wear thin.“It’s because…,” a rugged voice crept behind Cael. She turned to see Wokapu attempting to face her.“It’s because there are people after me,” Wokapu said.Wokapu sighed as Lekori began pacing back and forth; not at all happy about what he feared Wokapu would say. “The truth is…,” Wokapu began, “I was once the leader of an organization that served the Matoran – no. Scratch that. This organization served the Makuta. We merely pretended to serve the Matoran.”The truth was heavy, but the Toa of Air was soon surprised that he felt an iota lighter than before, as if the cold, hard admission of his problems were literally helping to heal him.“A few weeks ago, I was framed for trying to give the Pala-Koronans equipment and funds,” Wokapu continued, “My sister and I had to flee our home, but we got separated. I found out that one of the Makuta’s servants – the Toa with the Infected Hau – kidnapped her, and I tracked him down to the nearby Kofo-Jaga Nest. I tried to free him, but his fighting style was not was I expected. He was too fast and too strong, and I simply wasn’t prepared. He broke my back over his knee like a Skakdi would do to a flimsy katana”A short pause followed, giving time for Cael to digest this information, and to realize the potential danger of her presence.“The servant left me here, believing that I would never be healed. If he finds us here, he will kill us all in seconds,” Wokapu said, his voice low like a whisper but retaining a fierce urgency, “There are many things that only I can do, and that I have to do: I have to find my sister. I have to get a friend of mine out of that organization – she doesn’t deserve the forever marred reputation that comes with leading that group. She only leads it now because I asked her to. Finally, I will expose the group, incriminating myself in the process”A sound of desperation almost crept into Wokapu’s voice, but he focused on pushing it back, “This aristocratic club is extremely dangerous, they include the most wealthy and influential people on the island, and they are partly responsible for our failure to end Makuta’s reign. If they’re brought down… then maybe Mata Nui can stop creating so many unqualified Toa like myself”A sharp pain hit Wokapu’s gut at that moment: a pain that told Wokapu that he just told a vagrantly self-deprecating lie. Why did he say that? The self-questioning then conjured up one final flashback in the Toa’s memory:Fresh water continued to run, drop by drop, through the cave ceilings, and falling periodically to the flour, making a soft splash that, without echoes, would be hardily audible. Wokapu could feel the air getting colder. Ronkshou, of course, had enough muscle mass for his own expensive fur coat. His torso had only the most important armor - much of his back and arms were exposed.“I could have killed your sister - a simple neck-snap”, Ronkshou gloated, “But that does something to a Toa. Not saying you would have felled me, but there are far easier ways to maximize your pain”In a flash, Ronkshou picked up Wokapu by the color like a ragdoll, and dropped him lazily. The Toa of Air let out a quick yell from the pain, and it quickly died off into a whimper.“I had a better idea,” Ronkshou said, “You will live your life as a failure. You will be the final proof to close the case to Wokiya. She could never depend on you, and even when she finally thought she could... you show her the truth... with my help, of course”Ronkshou chuckled darkly, and stood there for a moment to let his words sink into what was once the leader of the Cultured Gentry's soul. Makuta's servant finally turned around and made his way out of the room. He was almost past the wall when he looked back at Wokapu one last time.“When everything is finished, and your plentiful resources have successfully defeated the rising class of Toa once and for all... then you'll have my permission to die”The broken Toa took a moment for his mind to clear. Then he looked at Cael once more, a look of renewed determination in his eyes.“Will you heal me, Cael?”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Whorok and Ferron"Well, any friend of Ferron is a friend of mine" Whorok responded with a nod."Nice to meet you again, you wouldn't believe the things that have happened since you last were here""I'm sure" Ferron replied"Now, if you don't mind, we're kind of in a hurry, so...""Not at all. Po-Koro, was it?" Whorok asked.Ferron nodded"Wery well, may the Great Spirit watch over you" Whorok then descended into the ground, burrowing back towards his site.Ferron turned to look at Krell and Zuria"So, Po-Koro next?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Gravity [Onu-Koro]I shrugged, or shrugged the best I could while laying down. "Well, if you're feeling up to it, want to take a walk around?" I asked. I hadn't mentioned it before for a few reasons. One because I didn't know how I'd react to a sudden rush of memories, but mainly because I didn't know if it would be good for Hajia to be up and about."You know, see if there's anything to do in this pile of dirt and lightstones they call a Koro...?"
IC: Hajia, Onu-Koro"Sure." Hajia said, slowly uncurling into a lying position, from which she straightened into a sitting pose, her legs, both in casts from where her torturers had broken the bones in her knees, and then pulverized the fragments. That was definitely the most painful moment of Mask of Healing repair. From this sitting position, she managed to swing her legs over the side of the bed. A crutch was leaning against the bed's side, and she used this to stand up. Her legs were still extensively muscule and primal, but walking brought excruciating bursts of sharp, needling pain. Ignoring this, she didn't even wince as she turned around to face Gravity, smiling at him. She was almost about to head for the door when she realized what she was wearing. The hospital gown, light blue, was not meant for modest, but for surgery and medical procedures, and Hajia decided to wear a dark blue cloak over her revealing clothing, given to her by Kirian a few days ago, left on her bed while she was being healed.As she remembered Kirian's gift, she thought of the sociopathic, introvert of a Toa of Ice, and Gahuari(his child and perhaps the one thing he actually cared about)."Do you think that we could visit Kirian first?" Hajia asked, smiling ever so slightly (And with that sad thoughtfulness she had began to display) at Gravity from the opposite side of the bed. Her eyes were bright, diamonds shining in the eye holes of her Kanohi, covered by shadows thanks to the cloak's hood.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Hajia, Onu-Koro"Sure." Hajia said, slowly uncurling into a lying position, from which she straightened into a sitting pose, her legs, both in casts from where her torturers had broken the bones in her knees, and then pulverized the fragments. That was definitely the most painful moment of Mask of Healing repair.From this sitting position, she managed to swing her legs over the side of the bed. A crutch was leaning against the bed's side, and she used this to stand up. Her legs were still extensively muscule and primal, but walking brought excruciating bursts of sharp, needling pain. Ignoring this, she didn't even wince as she turned around to face Gravity, smiling at him.She was almost about to head for the door when she realized what she was wearing. The hospital gown, light blue, was not meant for modest, but for surgery and medical procedures, and Hajia decided to wear a dark blue cloak over her revealing clothing, given to her by Kirian a few days ago, left on her bed while she was being healed.As she remembered Kirian's gift, she thought of the sociopathic, introvert of a Toa of Ice, and Gahuari(his child and perhaps the one thing he actually cared about)."Do you think that we could visit Kirian first?" Hajia asked, smiling ever so slightly (And with that sad thoughtfulness she had began to display) at Gravity from the opposite side of the bed. Her eyes were bright, diamonds shining in the eye holes of her Kanohi, covered by shadows thanks to the cloak's hood.
IC: Gravity [Hospital, Onu-Koro]With Hajia's agreement, I rolled over and off the bed, swinging my legs off and onto the floor. I stretched my arms as Hajia slipped on something a bit more suitable for being out and about. Despite the fact that she seemed to be fine walking, I couldn't get rid of the feeling deep inside that she shouldn't be. Well, she did agreed... And probably didn't want to stay inside this room for any longer."That sounds great," I replied, a smile spreading across my Kanohi. I had visited the Toa of Ice earilier... Tried to might be better. Kirian wasn't exactly talkative in the best situations, and after what happened... Well. "Lets go and see how Mr. Tall, Dark, and Icy is doing," I continued, my smile still there.I stepped over to the Toa of Water, and opened the door for her. "After you," I said in an overly gentlemanly-voice that I really didn't think suited me well. "I believe our frosty friend is down this way."IC: KrellI nodded in reply. We needed to get going, now. No more distractions. With any luck, what I was searching for was still there. If not... It was back to square one.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Alright guys. This is it. This is what my talk of a fifty yard long airship, with three cannons and a set of computers has led to. My crazy idea about this in an island setting. I've worked hard and barely gotten it approved, so don't screw it up with OPing, GModing, or AHing. I'm just going to warn you, stuff like that will get you kicked off the plot, even if it doesn't have to do with the airship. If any of your characters gets in trouble for that, I will excommunicate them. I'm that serious about this.Besides that, have fun with this, guys. It's a privilege not many people in the game will have. Be nice to Nuju. I couldn't have gotten this done had he decided to shut it down. Not only am I in his spotlight, but so are all of you. Remember that while gunning down innocents and destroying homes.Finally: pay attention to the subtext. It'll teach you more than a glance at the words at face-value. ^^IC. Private Cellar.It was dark. The two visible souls in the small room under the bar sat at a small table. The only light came from a light stone above their heads. On the right, a blatantly rich, broad-shouldered man with a Kane-Ra leather jacket and a very-much visible set of keys clutched in his hand. The keys to his ship, he had told the other, scrawnier Vortixx. Enclosed in a beggar's rags, his body was a twisted system of skin and bones, his armor tight-fitting and little to non-existent in most places. To the naked eye, they were a cliche pair. That was if you knew nothing of the second Vortixx. When he spoke, even the sound from above them seemed to freeze."Yes. That's what I want to do," a high-pitched, soft-spoken set of words he croaked, "and I want to do it in nine days.""How do you expect to get this done?" Kauncavich spat back at the stranger. "Where there is a will, the truly determined will claw their way up to step on the toes of underlings and even superiors to find a satisfactory way." He answered.The captain sat back. A well-thought out answer. It brought even more about his partner-to-be to light, while not actually telling him anything of value. He analyzed the words used. Step on the toes... Underlings or even superiors... A satisfactory way... Hmm. The brilliance behind it shocked him. It suggested things he didn't relish in comprehending."I see. Well, there will be no need for toe-stepping on my ship. You will have all you need for these purposes." Kaun replied."I can respect that." "Yes, you can."There was a silence. Had he spoken too soon? Too hastily? He studied the look on the scrawny Vortixx's face. Not bored exactly. Not completely thoughtful. Different. Complex. It could've meant a few things. He chose to believe the must comfortable to him. "I will say. I don't agree with all of your blood spilling. It's not right. People may think-"The table shook under the force of the scrawny Vortixx as he leaped out of his seat, hands slamming down on the table and creating minute fissures. He looked directly into Kauncavich's face, now mere inches away."I should've expected such insolence.I wouldn't spill blood of all of these Toa, all of their Turaga and Matoran, nice little societies, would learn to stop hating each other."He sat, calming himself."None among us believe that will ever happen."Another silence as Kauncavich considered these words. In the outburst, his equally high-ranking officer had stepped out and revealed himself. He retracted into the shadows as things returned to normal."To the Jhianil it is, then."OOC: Feel free to have your characters be in the ship or moving towards it. I won't post again until everyone's there. =)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Vian"You know, you're just delaying the inevitable." A voice sounded behind Rorl, almost monotone, but tinged with a near imperceptible amusement. "And not very well at that.""Is the problem really that hard to solve? I figured it out days ago. I've been trying to find out how long it would take you to fix. It's stopped being amusing, and started being pathetic."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Vian"Did I miss the moment you earned the right to refer to me by my first name?" Vian commented, without looking at Titrunia. "To answer your question, fine. I ran a complete maintenance check on it this morning.""Like this one is trying and failing to do to the rearmost cannon."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Rorl grinned, not bugged or insulted at all. "Hey, some of us enjoy our job. The cannon works, but I can't get the timing down to a millisecond. Besides, I'm trying to get maximum power output at the same time, and that's messing up the timer. You worry about your floating rods and the other systems, I'll keep the guns running." Rorl bent down and pulled an old inducer out. "Dang thing." The vortixx grabbed a replacement, obviously an improved model, and stuck it in. Now that the gun was working again, Rorl grinned. "Problem solved. Power output increased and the timer works. Let me just..." Rorl grabbed his rifle, turned down the power output, and blasted the dirt out of the pipe. "There we go. Happy?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Vian"No. Because by doing that, you just obliterated computer controls for the gun. Not to mention thrown off the power balance of the ship, and the offensive capability.""Furthermore, the increased power drain from this new part will sap energy from the other guns, and likely other systems as well." Vian's eyes narrowed. "You are a fool. I don't just maintain, to use your words, the "little floaty rods". I started out as a weapons engineer. Furthermore, I am the chief technician for ninety percent of the ship's systems. The sole exception? The engine room.""That's Ziyas and Sayiz's kingdom."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Seriously Kray. I don't want this to be a copy of every other time you and I have RPed.IC: Rorl shook his head. "First off, I said 'floating rods' because that's the most concise description. Second, since I designed this array, I know its limitations. I never said that I increased the drain. I increased the efficiency. Thirdly, since I repair this most of the time, I've reinforced the mechanisms. It is, in fact, impossible to damage anything but the actual control panel with this rifle."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Vian"Your exact words were, and I quote, "increased power output". You cannot increase the power of something without taking more power from the source. You cannot create energy, nor can you make more of it with the energy you have." Vian sighed slightly, as a teacher would, trying to explain something to a student."By the very laws of nature, you have increased power drain. You may have designed this array, but you didn't design the rest of the ship. My job is to make sure things run smoothly, which means I need to keep an eye on everything.""Furthermore, it is not exactly wise to be tinkering with a system that hasn't even been tested properly yet. Just like the rest of this ship."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg